Nisheka Lagna

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

olusanya

Nisheka Lagna

Post by olusanya » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:59 am

Pranaam,

I would appreciate any help that members may give me in regards to calculating the Nisheka Lagna according to Parashara's instructions in chap. 4 of the Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra.
O excellent of the sages, explained now is a step to arrive at the Nisheka Lagna when the natal ascendant is known. Note the angular distance between Saturn and Mandi (Gulika). Add this to the difference between the ascendant lagna bhava (Madhya or cusp) and the 9th bhava (cusp). The resultant product in Rasis, degrees, etc. will represent the months, days, etc. that elapsed between Nisheka and birth. At birth if the ascendant lord is in the invisible half (i.e. from ascendental cusp to descendental cusp) add the degrees etc. the Moon moved in the particular Rasi occupied by her to the above-mentioned product. Then the ascendant at Nisheka can be worked out and the good and bad experienced by the native in the womb can be guessed. One can also guess, with the help of the Nisheka lagna, effects like longevity, death, etc. of the parents.

Notes: Nisheka/Adhana Lagna = Date of birth and time minus "X", where "X" is obtained thus = A+B+C
Now A, B, and C are explained. "A" is the angular distance between Saturn and Gulika at birth. "B" is the distance between the cusp of the ascendant and that of the 9th House counted in a direct order (i.e. via 4th and 7th cusps). "C" is required if the ascendant lord is in the invisible half (i.e. ascendant and descendant intersected by the nadir). Otherwise, "C" is not required.
~BPHS chap. 4 sloka 25-30 notes
I am using my personal chart as an example. The chart has been calculated using JHora, with Lahiri's ayanamsa, topocentric and true planetary positions, along with true nodes and sripathi houses;

The longitudes of the required planets and cusps is;

Ascendant cusp: 189 degrees 40' 50"
9th cusp:           72 degrees 30' 32"
Saturn:              269 degrees 55' 00"
Gulika:              178 degrees 33' 04"

I'm not sure if I am interpreting the instructions properly.
Do I arrive at figure "A" by subtracting 178 degrees 33' 04" [Gulika] from 269 degrees 55' 00" [Saturn]?
91 degrees 21' 56"

To arrive at "B" do I subtract the 9th cusp [72 degrees 30' 32"] from the ascendant cusp [189 degrees 40' 50"]?
117 degrees 30' 32"

or am I adding the 9t cusp and ascendant cusp;
189 degrees 40' 50"
72 degrees 30' 32"
262 degrees 11' 12"

thus coming up with these two figures [the lagna lord is in the 11th house, the visible half, so "C" is not required];
91 degrees 21' 56"
117 degrees 30' 32"
208 degrees 52' 28" = 208 d 52 gh 28 vigh or

262 degrees 11' 12"
72 degrees 30' 32"
334 degrees 41' 44" = 334 d 41 gh 44 vigh

It seems that whichever way I do it I do not seem to come near the average 273 days it takes the Moon to complete 10 zodiacal revolutions.

also... what would be the correction factor used for the difference between savanamana and sauramana?
Last edited by olusanya on Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:07 am

Dear,
There are a simple method to give right time about the Nishechan,First accurate the Lagana,then think about the Sun,then think about the lord of fifth,if fifth in the progressive degree of the star,and Mars,Saturn,or any retrograde Star not hiting to that,there are sure Nisechan.
Calcualtion method is-Asc.+Sun-Moon=Nisechan.(By Horary)
                               Lord of 1st House+Lord of 7th House-Lord of 5th House=Nisechan.

Ramendra
Jaipur

olusanya

Post by olusanya » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:25 am

There are a simple method to give right time about the Nishechan,First accurate the Lagana,then think about the Sun,then think about the lord of fifth,if fifth in the progressive degree of the star,and Mars,Saturn,or any retrograde Star not hiting to that,there are sure Nisechan.
Calcualtion method is-Asc.+Sun-Moon=Nisechan.(By Horary)
 Lord of 1st House+Lord of 7th House-Lord of 5th House=Nisechan.
I'm sorry astrobhadauria, but you completely lost me in your explanation. Can you use the planetary details provided and demonstrate what you are saying?

Return to “Vedic Astrology”