which Ayanamsa is correct ??

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:22 am

good to see a great discussion going on
well i use raman ayanamsa and then apply k.p's 1-249 sublords concept to it and what i get is 99% correct
infact raman himself talked about 1-249 in other way. he never used the term sublord, but for bhavas he calculated dasa-bhukti lords, which are infact starlord-sublord in k.p

so every modern astrologer is using it, but with different terms and ayanamsa

the 9+ months difference in b.v.raman and k.p's vimshottari calculations are correct
we can conclude that raman's method is right in predicting that a planet starts showing its influence much before its period/ subperiod starts and there'll always be overlaps in dasas

sharp changes in attitude can be seen when following raman

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:18 pm

I will appreciate if you can quote the book, article where Raman recommended the 1-249, in whatever way ;-)

RR

[quote="Phantom"]good to see a great discussion going on
well i use raman ayanamsa and then apply k.p's 1-249 sublords concept to it and what i get is 99% correct
infact raman himself talked about 1-249 in other way. he never used the term sublord, but for bhavas he calculated dasa-bhukti lords, which are infact starlord-sublord in k.p

the 9+ months difference in b.v.raman and k.p's vimshottari calculations are correct
we can conclude that raman's method is right in predicting that a planet starts showing its influence much before its period/ subperiod starts and there'll always be overlaps in dasas

sharp changes in attitude can be seen when following raman[/quote]

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:21 am

Hi everyone,
I just got this statement by K.N.Rao ji in from one of his interviews....

K.N.Rao Says:-

I have delved on the topic of Ayanamsha in great detail and I have also shown in my books why Lahiri Ayanamsha (actually it should be called Chitrapaksha Ayanamsha) alone is the accurate one. To ascertain this fact, one has to look carefully at Vargas or divisional charts. Based on a scientific investigation, I have rejected all other Ayanamshas. Unfortunately, my work on Ayanamsha annoyed late Dr. B.V.Raman, who used his own Ayanamsha. Therefore, this controversy even affected my excellent friendship with Dr.Raman.

As an historical note, readers should know that Chitrapaksha ayanamsha got its official seal from the Calendar Reforms Committee in 1956. It also got an official endorsement from the best astronomers of India and also from the notable scientist Meghnad Saha.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

RohiniRanjanji

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:31 pm

I just wanted to know your views on yogas,
Thank you for sharing your view with me.
RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:57 pm

Yes, Mr. KN Rao is convinced that the true ayanamsha value is very close to Lahiri value. You should study his books carefully and critically to examine the 'evidence' he has given and talks about and make up your mind.

RR

[quote="Raman Deep Singh"]Hi everyone,

I have delved on the topic of Ayanamsha in great detail and I have also shown in my books why Lahiri Ayanamsha (actually it should be called Chitrapaksha Ayanamsha) alone is the accurate one. To ascertain this fact, one has to look carefully at Vargas or divisional charts. Based on a scientific investigation, I have rejected all other Ayanamshas. Unfortunately, my work on Ayanamsha annoyed late Dr. B.V.Raman, who used his own Ayanamsha. Therefore, this controversy even affected my excellent friendship with Dr.Raman.

As an historical note, readers should know that Chitrapaksha ayanamsha got its official seal from the Calendar Reforms Committee in 1956. It also got an official endorsement from the best astronomers of India and also from the notable scientist Meghnad Saha.[/quote]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

To Phantom, R.R.ji and all at the Ayanamsa forum

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:22 pm

Phantom wrote:good to see a great discussion going on

I thinks the statement of Phantom regarding Raman believing numbers 1 - 249 regarding lord and sub lord needs a clarification:
As Respected R.R.ji very correctly inquired about the book where Raman mentioned about believing the 1-249 thing.
What Phantom would like to say is something confusing( no offense meant,Phantom, please in the interest of Astrology).
We find the start of Vimshottari Dasa system of prediction from the Moon's Nakshatra. The Nakshatra lord is the dasa lord; the subnakshatra lord is the antardasa lord et. etc. I feel B.V. Raman is misquoted here.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Ayanamsa

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:30 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:Yes, Mr. KN Rao is convinced that the true ayanamsha value is very close to Lahiri value. You should study his books carefully and critically to examine the 'evidence' he has given and talks about and make up your mind.

RR
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hi everyone,

As an historical note, readers should know that Chitrapaksha ayanamsha got its official seal from the Calendar Reforms Committee in 1956. It also got an official endorsement from the best astronomers of India and also from the notable scientist Meghnad Saha.

The above is Hon'ble K.N. Rao's findings. Astrology is a Science and not a Dogma.
Science leaves the scope to be disproved.
Hon'ble K.N. Rao's findings are very justified and correct. Chitrapaksha ayanamsa followed by N.C.Lagiri is by far the best.
But all the 4 ayanamsa's have their intrinsic value, )which Phantom tried to mention too.) which I mentioned in my first article regarding Ayanamsa. It makes us arrive at more detailed results in stduying minds and environments of our clients lives.
RishiRahul

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:48 pm

yeah
infact i misquoted what dr.raman said
he talked about a planet giving results during its dasa etc based on degree it is present in
ha had calculated dasas, subdasas for each planet, like we usually do for moon in vimshottari system and dasa is star lord and bhukti is sublord
and bhukti lord is important to judge results
he didnt use these terms of sublord etc but what he said ultimately was same as what krishnamurti said
though he differs in ayanamsa

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:46 pm

Dear Mr. ... (insert real name here),

Please note the following:

a) The bit about planets giving effects in dasha bhukti etc was NOT something that was pioneered by Raman, as your posting would lead someone to believe! This is a very basic and consistent TENET of jyotish that has been stated and restated in classics.

b) Krishnamurthy's contribution deals with introducing the concept of source, nature of effect and quality of effect. His lantern example, for instance. There are some who indicate that Gopal Krishna Rao Meena in his books had introduced a similar concept many years before KP.

c) In that sense, Raman did not really highlight or describe the mutual relationship of dasha and bhukti (star and sub) in the same way or similar nature as recommended by Krishnamurthy.

For instance if someone is undergoing the dasha-bhukti of mercury and jupiter, this would be akin to saying that the individual's moon has progressed into the star of mercury and sub of jupiter. However, even in KP that would not be how the dasha would be read but KP astrologer would look at the natal mercury and jupiter to see which star sub they are in, etc. So at that point, traditional KP moves out of its original premise/postulation.

There is someone who is looking at this phenomenon of 'progression' using vimshottary seeded from different planets but utilizing KP siddhant (lantern principle) and interesting preliminary results are surfacing.

RR

[quote="Phantom"]yeah
infact i misquoted what dr.raman said
he talked about a planet giving results during its dasa etc based on degree it is present in
ha had calculated dasas, subdasas for each planet, like we usually do for moon in vimshottari system and dasa is star lord and bhukti is sublord
and bhukti lord is important to judge results
he didnt use these terms of sublord etc but what he said ultimately was same as what krishnamurti said
though he differs in ayanamsa[/quote]

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:42 am

how did K.N.rao decide that chitrapaksha ayanamsa is the only correct one?
or for that matter how can one decide on using any of the ayanamsa?
is there any method except for trial and error

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:46 am

good to see a great discussion going on

Above is Phantom's previous  quote.

how did K.N.rao decide that chitrapaksha ayanamsa is the only correct one?
is there any method except for trial and error.

Above is Phantom's last query.

Dear Phantom,How does one decide on something in Astrology. It is seen from the above that you use Raman ayanamsa and is 99percent correct. you could ask K.N.Rao ji how he decided on the correct ayanamsa?
Asstrology is n applied, Statistical Science.... so obviously by applied methods. Or do you have a better method in mind? If so, do share it with us?
RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:13 pm

Why not ask him. Phantom ji?

RR

[quote="Phantom"]how did K.N.rao decide that chitrapaksha ayanamsa is the only correct one?
is there any method except for trial and error[/quote]

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:27 pm

i dont even know who he is !
well i've found out that all panchang writers use drik siddanth to arrive at planetary positions everyday and they dont use/need ephemeris and ayanamsa

then where did this ayanamsa sudenly figureout ?

even different panchangs give different positions, except for that i found 1 thing in common
all predicted saturn's direct movement from april 19
raman's says saturn will movie into leo by july 1st week
others say its on 15th july

will have to test some results and see

krishnamurti recommended following his ayanamsa or drik siddantha(both give same results) but i dont see a supporting reason for it.
i just liked his mothod of using significators and sublords to arrive at any conclusion
rest is not impressive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:59 pm

When your tests are done, please share the findings so that we can 'discuss' those critically ;-)

RR

[quote="Phantom"]i dont even know who he is !
well i've found out that all panchang writers use drik siddanth to arrive at planetary positions everyday and they dont use/need ephemeris and ayanamsa

then where did this ayanamsa sudenly figureout ?

even different panchangs give different positions, except for that i found 1 thing in common

will have to test some results and see

krishnamurti recommended following his ayanamsa or drik siddantha(both give same results) but i dont see a supporting reason for it.
i just liked his mothod of using significators and sublords to arrive at any conclusion
rest is not impressive[/quote]

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:03 am

Phantom wrote: even different panchangs give different positions, except for that i found 1 thing in common
no matter what ayanamsa you use, the direct motion of Saturn has to be at the very same moment because its only got to do with the longitudinal difference between Sun and Saturn.... it makes no difference if you add or subtract a common figure to/from their respective longitudinal measures, the essential difference between them will remain the same...

sahil

Return to “Vedic Astrology”