DEFENSIVENESS -- The biggest Enemy of the 'Practitioner'

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

DEFENSIVENESS -- The biggest Enemy of the 'Practitioner'

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:13 am

Dear All,

This is a restricted medium that does not compare with the richness of real-time conversation or a classroom or discussion session. We all are doing the best we can, administrators and participants and let us take a moment to SOUND a BIG RESOUNDING applause for the two categories on this forum: the webmagicians (The wizard of Oz who is a regular human being like you and I!) and all of us participants.

MY GUESS is that MOST of us are very beautiful and gentle human beings who have real lives and quite FULL ones, whether it be the families we love and look after or our communion or our work-family and most of us make our daily bread doing real jobs, some 9-5, others 7 to 3 and some even 7 to 5 :-(

And let us not forget the graveyard shifters (night shifts)!

Against this backdrop, I see no reason for this defensiveness that we show from time to time, as if the entire fate of astrology or some special subset of astrology depends on what we say!

A wise participant stated a few days ago, rightly, that this is a forum for discussion and not a tribunal for deciding which system is the correct one or which ayanamsha is, for that matter.

The most disruption and distrust arises when due to their style of writing, hopefully unintentional at times, some individuals start making BOLD claims that they do not have the time or ability to illustrate. If this sounds like a challenge, this would not be the first or the last one. But I am not challenging them personally or even their belief or research or experience. I am challenging their seriousness and sincerity of intent to carry through and demonstrate that the system they are upholding and claiming is indeed something they have personally experienced and given their life force to! Without that sincere effort and investment of time, they will just keep drifting in and out like ephemera made out of evanescent mist or worse!! Without leaving an impression that shows up as a footprint in the wet sand. Something that physical entities alone are capable of making ;-)

Jokes aside, it really boils down to sincerity and honesty of claims. I have personally gone on record to question when some traditional astrologers try to claim more than they should and do not have the intentions or time or ability to deliver and justify their claims! I will do the same, out of fairness, to someone who is touting a relatively recent system.

Astrology is serious business and not COMMANDO warfare where Guerilla techniques work. Let us come out of the JUNGLE and pay respect to our Ancient and Benevolent CRAFT: ALL forms of ASTROLOGY! Through our humility and openness and transparency!!

RR

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:02 pm

Eating suger, no papa,telling lie ! ha ha ha !!!

Rohiniranjan

The question that we ask when we wake up each morning ...

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:13 am

Sadly ... and as I stated elsewhere here in all seriousness ...

We awaken daily with 'sand', in our eyes that we dare not rub!

For decades that I know and have directly observed, divinators*, psychics, spiritualists have all been going against each other out of false perceptions and egotistical misperceptions! And yet we all are more alike or considered so by the Newtonian folks out there -- than we have dared admit or accept!

Regards,

RR

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
*Divinators includes astrologers, tarot, iching, ramal, ashtamangala and other tantrick and other practices including but not limited to nimittas, and signs and symbols that almost stretch the thinking mind but not its more flexible component: BELIEF!

Return to “Vedic Astrology”