Jupter's Exaltation Sign?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

dhana yoga

lazy jupiter

Post by dhana yoga » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:08 am

jupiter is neutral in aquaries as it is watery.Legend says that jup(elephant) loves water but it only comes to water to drink & to take bath also relax. So it is lazy in this sign as it is the sign where jup relaxes. Jupiter is cancer is like an elephant which workes like a bulldozer and is very efficient and not lazy as an jup(elephant) in aquaries.

Rohiniranjan

Re: lazy jupiter

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:20 pm

Aquarius watery? Hmmm...

[quote="dhana yoga"]jupiter is neutral in aquaries as it is watery.Legend says that jup(elephant) loves water but it only comes to water to drink & to take bath also relax. So it is lazy in this sign as it is the sign where jup relaxes. Jupiter is cancer is like an elephant which workes like a bulldozer and is very efficient and not lazy as an jup(elephant) in aquaries.[/quote]

baba

Post by baba » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:05 am

when Jupiter enters Kumbh once in 12 years - the Maha Kumbh mela is celebrated. Such is the reverance of Jupiter in Kumbh. It is regarded as exalted in Kumbh by many texts.

anandaman

2-All re. Jupiter's Exaltation...

Post by anandaman » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:31 pm

One of the best ways I've found to verify any of the many ideas or principles of Astrology is to watch the affects of the Transiting Planets.

Recently, actually, about 3 years ago, Jupiter went through the Sign of Cancer.  

That year taught me more about why Jupiter is supposed to be so strong
or Exalted in CAncer.

The other thing that verifys such things is by looking at the concrete lives of
people's charts.

In all my years doing Vedic Astrology, I have to say, those with Exalted Jupiter, all have very powerful spiritual natures.

Of course there are other almost as important Jyotish configurations that
confirm a person's strength.

Lord of the 9th House is almost as important as the quality of one's Jupiter.

Sincerely,

Mark Kincaid

Founder Nature's Astrology
naturesastrology.com
markkincai at naturesastrology.com

jai guru

Mod note.
I have edit your links. Please read our policy in intro section.
If you want link in your signature...please read global announcement.
This is done to protect our members from "fake" links since we can't control them all.
Rhutobello

arian_1c

re:

Post by arian_1c » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:18 am

hi mark,
welcome to the forum...
u mentioned,
"Recently, actually, about 3 years ago, Jupiter went through the Sign of Cancer.  

That year taught me more about why Jupiter is supposed to be so strong
or Exalted in CAncer.
"
Cud u share an example or two with us, so we can learn from it too...

also, equally important are ur views on Jupiter in Aquarius, afterall thats what the topic is mainly about....

regards and hope to see u in many future conversations
sahil

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:57 am

Kindly share the names of at least some of these <many> texts for my education.

Dhanyavaad!

RR

[quote="baba"]when Jupiter enters Kumbh once in 12 years - the Maha Kumbh mela is celebrated. Such is the reverance of Jupiter in Kumbh. It is regarded as exalted in Kumbh by many texts.[/quote]

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:08 am

baba wrote:when Jupiter enters Kumbh once in 12 years - the Maha Kumbh mela is celebrated. Such is the reverance of Jupiter in Kumbh. It is regarded as exalted in Kumbh by many texts.
Firstly, welcome to the forum
I respect ur views, but heres wht i think abt it
I think, the celebration of Maha Kumbh Mela is not just abt the presence of Jup in Kumba. Like most of the festivities in India where the time for a certain festival or auspicious or for that matter inauspicious event is worked out by referencing to tithis and planteary positions at the time of the original event happening.

There is a story associated to Kumbh Mela and I think the presence of Jup in Kumba is merely associated to the happening of the event involved. I find it hard to confuse astrology with this...

Also, it's not just Jup, its Jup, Sun and Moon tht are responsible for the Kumbh Mela

regards to all
sahil

Kissna

Post by Kissna » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:35 am

There is definitely an intrigue when Jupiter is in Aquarius. Brihat Jataka among many texts has suggested that Jupiter is equally power in Aquarius as it is in Cancer.

And, it's true that Maha Kumbha Mela occurs when Jupiter is in Aquarius.

arian_1c

re:

Post by arian_1c » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:44 am

"The observance of Kumbh Mela is based upon the following legend: Thousands of years ago, in the Vedic period, gods and demons made a temporary agreement to work together churning amrita (the nectar of immortality) from the Ksheera Sagara (primordial ocean of milk), and to share the nectar equally. However, when the Kumbh (urn) containing the amrita appeared, the demons ran away with it and were chased by the gods. For twelve days and twelve nights (equivalent to twelve human years) the gods and demons fought in the sky for possession of this pot of amrita. It is said that during the battle, drops of amrita fell at four places: Prayag, Haridwar, Ujjain and Nashik. Thus, the Kumbh Mela is observed at these four locations where the nectar fell."

The precise dates of the Kumbh Mela are astronomically determined, based upon precise calculations of the positions of the Sun, the Moon and Jupiter. At Prayag, the Maha Kumbh Mela is held in the month of Magha (January/February in the Gregorian calendar). The highest spiritual merit is attached to bathing on the new moon day, Amavasya, when Jupiter is in Taurus and both the Sun and Moon are in Capricorn. At Haridwar, the Kumbh Mela is held in the months of Phalgun and Chaitra (February/March/April), when the Sun passes to Aries, the Moon is in Sagittarius and Jupiter is in Aquarius. In Ujjain, the festival is held in the month of Vaishakha (May), when other planets are in Libra, the Sun and Moon are in Aries and Jupiter is in Leo. At Nashik, the Kumbh Mela takes place in the month of Shravana (July), when the Sun and Moon are in Cancer and Jupiter is in Scorpio.

It is also said that the elixir of life is filled in a Kumbh (Pot) in Swarg (heaven) so with certain combination of Sun - Moon - Jupiter, the elixir falls from heaven to earth, and kumbh mela is held on those locations.

The only point I am trying to make here is that:
1. the celebration is not only about Jup in Aquarius, it is a combination of certain alignment of planets...

2. It's no different from how we celebrate, holi, diwali, gurupurab, id and so on...

regards to all
sahil

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:47 pm

At the risk of being perceived as a pain, could you please quote chapter and sloka of Vrihajjataka, otherwise your citation has little value for us! Also name other citations (at least the names of the texts for starters if you are serious and sincere about this claim of yours about jupiter being considered as exalted in aquarius.

Thanks

RR

[quote="Kissna"]There is definitely an intrigue when Jupiter is in Aquarius. Brihat Jataka among many texts has suggested that Jupiter is equally power in Aquarius as it is in Cancer.

And, it's true that Maha Kumbha Mela occurs when Jupiter is in Aquarius.[/quote]

vivekvshetty

An informative link.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:49 pm

Namaskaar all,
see this link
http://srath.com/lessons/intermediate/jup_aq.htm

it is vrey relevant to this discussion.

vivek

Rohiniranjan

Re: An informative link.

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:11 pm

If you meant the discussion or rather fact-finding mission pertaining to whether jupiter is exalted in kumbha, this article, erudite as it may be does not provide any help. In fact other than the mention in the opening statement-introduction, the fragment 'exalt' does not even come up at all :-)

Seriously folks, if you want to discuss this seriously, please get serious and stop playing games :-)

If you are confident, bring us some full citations from classics and not statements like this...

RR

[quote="vivekvshetty"]Namaskaar all,
see this link

vivek[/quote]

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:11 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:Namaskaar all,
see this link

vivek
thanks vivek ji,
as always, very interesting and informative...

i picked a few things there...

a lot depends on what the lagna is when Jupiter is in Aquairus

In Kumbha Jupiter will be in a situation where Guru Brihaspati (Jupiter) is teaching Saturn (lord of Aquarius) about how to do his work (Aquarius is Moolatrikona of Saturn).

its another way of saying that, a planet always affects its dispositor, for instace, in a horoscope where the signs Sag and Pisces are occupied by the likes of Rah, ket, mars........Jup will not show a very benefic effect, cuz he is influenced by the planets posited in his houses/rasis...

regards to all
sahil

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:29 am

Interesting 'pick' Sahil!

By extension, the dispositor of an exalted planet should be in a contented state and in a benefic mode! From an anthropomorphic angle, when a contented soul is visiting your home even when you are away, you have less worries! On the other hand if you are away on business and a neecha prani is visiting your home, you worry!

Those that have exalted planets in their charts (otherwise unafflicted) should also have reasonably happy mars, venus, saturn, mercury (!), moon, jupiter, venus respectively (sun to saturn exalted) and conversely when planets are debilitated, the planets with long faces would be: venus, mars, moon, jupiter, saturn, mars respectively! And by logical extension, these planetary moods of the dispositors should be reflected in their dashas or perhaps dashas of the planets that are in their nakshatras (KP angle).

Does this make sense?

RR

[quote="arian_1c"]

thanks vivek ji,
as always, very interesting and informative...

i picked a few things there...

[u][b]a lot depends on what the lagna is when Jupiter is in Aquairus[/b][/u]

[b][u]In Kumbha Jupiter will be in a situation where Guru Brihaspati (Jupiter) is teaching Saturn (lord of Aquarius) about how to do his work (Aquarius is Moolatrikona of Saturn). [/u][/b]

its another way of saying that, a planet always affects its dispositor, for instace, in a horoscope where the signs Sag and Pisces are occupied by the likes of Rah, ket, mars........Jup will not show a very benefic effect, cuz he is influenced by the planets posited in his houses/rasis...

regards to all
sahil[/quote]

Kissna

Post by Kissna » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:29 am

rohiniranjan wrote:At the risk of being perceived as a pain, could you please quote chapter and sloka of Vrihajjataka, otherwise your citation has little value for us! Also name other citations (at least the names of the texts for starters if you are serious and sincere about this claim of yours about jupiter being considered as exalted in aquarius.

Thanks

RR
When did I ever claim that Jupiter gets exalted in Aquarius? I was just asserting the beliefs of many other sages and their insertion.

Check Chapter 18, Stanza 13 of Brihat Jataka.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”