Validity of Vedic Astrology.......... Rhutobello

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

mp5boy200

Post by mp5boy200 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:27 am

i remember the time when a spider attacked me. it was small but wasn't scare of me.
it spun a web and head towards me but i whack it away
i think that it was telling me that action in the present contribute to the future

i do have homework but i'm on vacation at the moment. still have 4 days to do the homework.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:28 am

mp5boy200 wrote:i remember the time when a spider attacked me. it was small but wasn't scare of me.
it spun a web and head towards me but i whack it away
i think that it was telling me that action in the present contribute to the future

i do have homework but i'm on vacation at the moment. still have 4 days to do the homework.
When I was about 10, I was in a very strict school with very serious teachers! Being late at 'assembly' was like a sin! I was late and slinked in but the math teacher spotted me and glared at me (Detention after school for sure, I thought!). As the Janaganamana was ending (usually the last piece before we went to our classrooms), my friend Krishnendu began 'dancing'! I am not making any of this up! The entire assembly stopped and chaos began! All teachers raced angrily towards us, and I began praying sincerely for my best friend!

It turned out that a scorpion had entered into the hall (we lived in a region where scorpions did appear from time to time!), and Krishnendu panicked and was trying to kill the scorpion, which to the rest seemed like a dance!

The good news is that in all that excitement, I escaped punishment!

Thanks Bichhuji! I am beholden to you and ever grateful!

Love, Light, Learning,

mp5boy200

Post by mp5boy200 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:55 am

i was always afraid of authority. i remember when i was 8, looking at the hall monitor in fear trying to avoid them at all cost. now it's fine since i know that they can't do anything to me unless i do something wrong.
i think teachers hit kids with rulers at the school i went to in the 2nd grade.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:19 am

mp5boy200 wrote:i was always afraid of authority. i remember when i was 8, looking at the hall monitor in fear trying to avoid them at all cost. now it's fine since i know that they can't do anything to me unless i do something wrong.
i think teachers hit kids with rulers at the school i went to in the 2nd grade.

Hmm...!
Sorry to hear about your being abused! Going to school daily must be difficult. Glad that you have four days of vacation left!

Don't feel scared because the 'school system' is not growing, but you are! Stronger each day! We will all try our best to get you stronger to begin school again, to the best of our ability.

Regarding the four days there was a dejected/deflated emperor  (the last Mughal of a very flashy dynasty that once ruled India; in a sense Jaffar was like Mountbatten! Who was the last token of the Great British Raaj!!

Bahadur wrote:

Umray daraaz maang kar laayay thay chhar din
Do arzoo may kat gayay
Do intezaar may!

One line translation!

Time is limited (sort of), Wait not, dream not, but ACT, while you are young!

Those who did, sincerely and to the best of their abilities, have nothing to regret! :-)

mp5boy200

Post by mp5boy200 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:29 am

i agree, seems like life is going to be really long.
i can only remember about 12 year of my life and it seems so long
if i live to 70, i have 54 years left. that's really long and i can't wait to see what the future is like

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:04 am

Rhutobello wrote:As I have stated before...I have nothing to gain from this discussion...I love to discuss....but it seems my dear opponents don't....or maybe don't have the ability, so this become my last post on the subject.....and to great relief for many...my last Post on Mystic Board.

You have shown that you aren't able to evaluate sound critic at all, but use old dogmas in your protection...even if it is only to open your eyes..look around...and see....in a couple of generation changes will occur....when the competition will show you, that personal initiative count far more then any Hora chart, and those who will live by it...will mostly live on social benefit!

You state that Wiki is wrong.......what has Wiki to gain?....do you now have Vedic Astrology in 20 University?....do you now have Vedic Astrology as Science?

When I read YOUR article...then I saw it was used the word VERDICT!, which I have not used..Which Wiki have not used....

The Supreme Court judgment on the introduction of astrology as a field of study in universities is a setback to the efforts to promote scientific temper in society and runs counter to the secular foundations of the Constitution.

The Supreme Court verdict comes exactly three years after the UGC accepted the proposals of as many as 20 universities for starting new departments of Jyotir Vigyan. This is a serious blow to the efforts of the scientific community and rational-minded people who have been relentlessly campaigning against the pernicious move. Even the highest judicial body has now failed to stop it. The saving grace, perhaps, is the fact the Bharatiya Janata Party with its plank of religious fundamentalism, which included support to obscurantist practices such as astrology and vastu shastra under the pretext of upholding "traditional Hindu culture" - has been ousted from power and the Minister, who has wreaked havoc on the educational framework at all levels, is out of the political reckoning, at least for the present.

So I think the false information on Wiki belong to the eyes that see, and their own agenda....but if you read the above...then you will see the 2 same points mention...1) Notice against it...2) Vedic Astrology don't promote Hindu Culture..or Religion...

And if you look at the article, then it is written in 2004, when they worked on a petition, which was rejected.

To read the verdicts has no relevance....if Vedic was accepted as science, and was accepted as University Study....then you had your confirmation from your own Country....since not....then You have not the confirmation from your Country...and the whole thing  must be seen as a Belief...nothing wrong with that....but it gives limitations....and that is what we who don't share the belief try to point out, and since it is NOT A RELIGION...it must be allowed without people going sour!

As for Readings and popularity....To be addicted to a thing, is not the same as the addiction gives the Native any benefits....most of the time it is degenerating.

Well...enough is enough...Goodbye!
It is not clear to me what is the TOPIC and AIM of this discussion. Since Wiki article was cited as an evidence, I pointed out the bias in that Wiki article which cited the court notice but deliberately omitted the verdict. This omission was deliberate. I am also a Wiki editor, but after I found that there was a well organized and well funded gang to impose biased views on India related articles, I stopped wasting my time over discussions with them. Bias cannot be cured through mere discussions, when vested interests are involved. About twenty youngsters are employed by the coterie of Michael Witzel &c to distort India related articles.

I did not express my views, I merely put the records straight. Now I express my personal views : I firmly believe that govt sponsorship of Jyotisha will harm it and will promote corruption and not knowledge in this field. But I oppose the dirty game of pseudo-seculars who want to ban Jyotisha in the name of promoting scientific temper : they are promoting bigotry and intolerance instead of free and fair enquiry into fields of paramount importance to all beings.

-VJ

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 am

Vinay Jha wrote:
Rhutobello wrote:As I have stated before...I have nothing to gain from this discussion...I love to discuss....but it seems my dear opponents don't....or maybe don't have the ability, so this become my last post on the subject.....and to great relief for many...my last Post on Mystic Board.

You have shown that you aren't able to evaluate sound critic at all, but use old dogmas in your protection...even if it is only to open your eyes..look around...and see....in a couple of generation changes will occur....when the competition will show you, that personal initiative count far more then any Hora chart, and those who will live by it...will mostly live on social benefit!

You state that Wiki is wrong.......what has Wiki to gain?....do you now have Vedic Astrology in 20 University?....do you now have Vedic Astrology as Science?

When I read YOUR article...then I saw it was used the word VERDICT!, which I have not used..Which Wiki have not used....

The Supreme Court judgment on the introduction of astrology as a field of study in universities is a setback to the efforts to promote scientific temper in society and runs counter to the secular foundations of the Constitution.

The Supreme Court verdict comes exactly three years after the UGC accepted the proposals of as many as 20 universities for starting new departments of Jyotir Vigyan. This is a serious blow to the efforts of the scientific community and rational-minded people who have been relentlessly campaigning against the pernicious move. Even the highest judicial body has now failed to stop it. The saving grace, perhaps, is the fact the Bharatiya Janata Party with its plank of religious fundamentalism, which included support to obscurantist practices such as astrology and vastu shastra under the pretext of upholding "traditional Hindu culture" - has been ousted from power and the Minister, who has wreaked havoc on the educational framework at all levels, is out of the political reckoning, at least for the present.

So I think the false information on Wiki belong to the eyes that see, and their own agenda....but if you read the above...then you will see the 2 same points mention...1) Notice against it...2) Vedic Astrology don't promote Hindu Culture..or Religion...

And if you look at the article, then it is written in 2004, when they worked on a petition, which was rejected.

To read the verdicts has no relevance....if Vedic was accepted as science, and was accepted as University Study....then you had your confirmation from your own Country....since not....then You have not the confirmation from your Country...and the whole thing  must be seen as a Belief...nothing wrong with that....but it gives limitations....and that is what we who don't share the belief try to point out, and since it is NOT A RELIGION...it must be allowed without people going sour!

As for Readings and popularity....To be addicted to a thing, is not the same as the addiction gives the Native any benefits....most of the time it is degenerating.

Well...enough is enough...Goodbye!
It is not clear to me what is the TOPIC and AIM of this discussion. Since Wiki article was cited as an evidence, I pointed out the bias in that Wiki article which cited the court notice but deliberately omitted the verdict. This omission was deliberate. I am also a Wiki editor, but after I found that there was a well organized and well funded gang to impose biased views on India related articles, I stopped wasting my time over discussions with them. Bias cannot be cured through mere discussions, when vested interests are involved. About twenty youngsters are employed by the coterie of Michael Witzel &c to distort India related articles.

I did not express my views, I merely put the records straight. Now I express my personal views : I firmly believe that govt sponsorship of Jyotisha will harm it and will promote corruption and not knowledge in this field. But I oppose the dirty game of pseudo-seculars who want to ban Jyotisha in the name of promoting scientific temper : they are promoting bigotry and intolerance instead of free and fair enquiry into fields of paramount importance to all beings.

-VJ

I know closely many scientists who are passionately interested in Science and Jyotish, without feeling any need for decades of leaving either or not doing well in either field of their choosing. Some of them are biased, others are not. Armchair sceptics, may please note...!

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 pm

I was just wondering if 'Rekha Shastra' is a part of Jyotish!?:smt017

RishiRahul

biltu

Post by biltu » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:10 pm

RishiRahul wrote:I was just wondering if 'Rekha Shastra' is a part of Jyotish!?:smt017

RishiRahul
I think 'Rekha Shastra' is also a part of Jyotish because it can tell about the destiny of a person.

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:21 pm

biltu wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:I was just wondering if 'Rekha Shastra' is a part of Jyotish!?:smt017

RishiRahul
I think 'Rekha Shastra' is also a part of Jyotish because it can tell about the destiny of a person.
Yes, the SUBJECT is same. Varah Mihira included it in Jyotisha.

-VJ

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:03 am

Vinay Jha wrote:
biltu wrote:

RishiRahul
Yes, the SUBJECT is same. Varah Mihira included it in Jyotisha.

-VJ

I have not studied rekha shastra. But Jyotish to me, never seemed just to be astrology. It goes deeper, for it gets to the marma, the core of Human Experience. A jyotishi is a divinator and not only relies on planets and stars and invisible planets (Chaaya grihas and chaaya bhavas - padas and derived houses). Western astrologers looked everywhere for pindas and with great reluctance embraced nodes but then got distracted by asteroids, more pindas...! They tuned into the 'mid-points' but did not develop the understanding of those 'energy spots'. They relied on aspects and similar perspectives which essentially side-step the ayanamsha and that was very clever (in a good sense) of them.

They moved away from omens, nimittas because those were not tangible and the progressive, industrial, science-laden circumstances where they lived for a few hundred years conditioned them to look away from these 'subtle' things that were dismissed, with the wave of hands as unreal, things to be pooh-poohed and now we see some jyotishis to be moving in that direction too.

Only when the lake is completely still, and the water is clean and clear, can one see the bottom of the lake as well as the reflection of the skies in it, merging beautifully!

I will leave it there, for -- what is the point?

Love, Light, Serenity,

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:24 am

Thank you biltu, Vinay ji and Dada!

Very well expalined.

RishiRahul

Return to “Vedic Astrology”