Guru Rahu Association

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RajeevSharma

Re: Guru Rahu association....

Post by RajeevSharma » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:24 am

*** EDITED (NOT SUITABLE HERE)***

Rohiniranjan

Re: To RohiniRanjanji, Votiveji and ALL

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:27 am

Siva ji,

For what it is worth, I liked your perspective, particularly the last statement of yours! Often traditional jyotishis get so hung up on what the Manual says that they forget that it was created for running the machine and not the other way around! ;-)

If I may call jyotish the manual and human experience/life experience the machine!

RR

[quote="siva"]Hi Rishiji,

I hope I can share some 'real life examples' on this. My mother has Guru-Rahu conjunction in Cancer. She is Libra ascendant. As far as spiriuality is considered, my mother is my Guru, (not in the practical sense of getting a mantra), instead it was she who instilled in me the right sense of devotion to God. She was not at all religious till marriage. But she gradually took interest in all these and had her own ways of communication with God. I have always wondered at her innocence behind the veil of pride. She does have an attitude that nobody needs to teach her anymore of spirituality, that she doesnt have to read any more books, whatever needs to be known she already knows and such kind. But whatever it is, I admit that she is much more spiritually elevated than my father who chants mantra daily, but still is short tempered at sometimes doesnt show the qualities of a spiritually matured person. As you said correctly, the rahu-guru conjunction helps to use the wisdom on a material plane. My mother is a person who always opines that there is nothing wrong in enjoying life provided our enjoyment doesnt hurt others, a sort of epicurean attitude which I admire. All wisdom is useless if we dont put it in use. It is my mother who taught me 'to get wisdom from Guru' and use it for 'Rahu purpose' :) . Unless and until we are not that spiritually elevated to get a realisation, little mortals like me has no other option but to live in the materialistic plane with a spiritual base.

I am yet to understand the negative effects of this yoga, with respect to my mother.

I know some of my friends with this yoga, but it appears in Navamsa, so  not sure if the same results can be said of that in rasi. Probably the scholars in this forum can shed some light on that.

Regarding KSY, inspite of the controversies about its existence, I have seen that people with KSY experiencing children related problems-not having children, getting children very late in life, giving birth to autistic children etc. My cousin has the yoga and her child who is 3years now still hasnt spoken a word. Another colleague of mine is 40 plus and doesnt have children.

I am just sharing my experience, so that it will be useful to others. I hope it wont be taken as misleading the readers. After all shouldnt we cross check the theories with real life experience?

Regards,
Siva

[quote="RishiRahul"]The above to 'all seekers' were posted by me on September 10th. in this thread, was in a hurry without going thru the contents; and I felt it did not explain itself well enough, though RohiniRanjanji and Votiveji understood it well.

I am posting my corrected thoughts below for your perusal:=

To ALL the seekers,

Let us deal with the 2 present topics creating much disrupt: (1) The Guru Rahu conjunction. (2) Kalsarpa yoga.

Let us not think rigidly as we always tend to do. It would be better to never look at any yoga rigidly. I never do it, and it should be never done.

Rahu Ketu axis always affect some house axis (1, 7 or 2, 8 or 3, 9 etc.) in a chart adversely.
When all planets are posited in one side of the Rahu Ketu axis (eg: also in Kalsarpa yoga) it makes the personality/destiny lop sided. This is in addition to some axis being affected. Thus one should not take Kalsarpa yoga too literally, as even at the absence of Kalsarpa yoga the Rahu Ketu affects some axis adversely; Also all planets in one side of Rahu Ketu axis affects a chart adversely.

Maybe some people took advantage by using Kalsarpa yoga to scare people, like they do so with so many other things; less or more!

Sri K.N. Rao, Dr. B.V. Raman etc were no doubt great in knowledge and their findings should be respected by all. We should be able to exercise enough individuality of thought in trying to understand their minds, or what they are trying to say…THE UNDERLYING MEANING.
TO STATE THAT HE IS CORRECT AND HE IS WRONG WILL ONLY REVEAL IMMATURITY IN UNDERSTANDING.

There are so many Jyotish Commentators.. and there are so many living Jyotish commentators. They all had and have different styles of explanation or expression levels! THAT we have to realize.

Coming to Guru Rahu combination:  

No yoga, by itself, is capable of causing total destruction and or no yoga is complete in itself.

Jupiter Rahu is said to give Guru Chandala yoga; but only if Jupiter Rahu conjunction is afflicted…. Is my view.
In Jupiter Rahu conjunction the wisdom of Jupiter gets inflated… (increase of wisdom at its best… and increase of pride leading to folly at its worst; though actually the wisdom and pride both increases.).
The increase of wisdom, in this case, is due to Rahu. The planet Rahu always takes us away from spirituality, it being a material planet. At best, the wisdom attained can be useful for the material minded, or the wisdom attained acts best in a material plane. There is no logic denying that some elated souls may not have them.

How does a native get spiritually inclined and become a spiritualist? Is the path easy as a cake walk? Or is a person spiritually matured from the beginning? (barring exceptions like Sri Krishna, who we have met in stories. Whether he at all existed or was made to exist to give us wisdom is another story….But I believe in him though.. I guess a discussion on this would be out of context.). Or did the spiritually enlightened native have Rahu exalted (at his finest).
Whether the spiritual elevation was due to Guru Rahu conjunction is another question!?

Personally felt: the extra pride and its realization later ( due to other yogas) could have led to the soul getting elevated.

Jupiter Rahu conjunction on its own, even in charts of spiritually elevated souls, did not act as an aid to spiritual elevation. Look for other yogas.

Let us not use the logic which may be used to prove that Robindranath was a goat; just because Robindranath and goats have beards.

RishiRahul[/quote][/quote]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:10 am

siva wrote:Hi Rishiji,

I hope I can share some 'real life examples' on this. My mother has Guru-Rahu conjunction in Cancer. She is Libra ascendant. As far as spiriuality is considered, my mother is my Guru, (not in the practical sense of getting a mantra), instead it was she who instilled in me the right sense of devotion to God. She was not at all religious till marriage. But she gradually took interest in all these and had her own ways of communication with God. I have always wondered at her innocence behind the veil of pride. She does have an attitude that nobody needs to teach her anymore of spirituality, that she doesnt have to read any more books, whatever needs to be known she already knows and such kind. But whatever it is, I admit that she is much more spiritually elevated than my father who chants mantra daily, but still is short tempered at sometimes doesnt show the qualities of a spiritually matured person. As you said correctly, the rahu-guru conjunction helps to use the wisdom on a material plane. My mother is a person who always opines that there is nothing wrong in enjoying life provided our enjoyment doesnt hurt others, a sort of epicurean attitude which I admire. All wisdom is useless if we dont put it in use. It is my mother who taught me 'to get wisdom from Guru' and use it for 'Rahu purpose' :) . Unless and until we are not that spiritually elevated to get a realisation, little mortals like me has no other option but to live in the materialistic plane with a spiritual base.

I am yet to understand the negative effects of this yoga, with respect to my mother.

I know some of my friends with this yoga, but it appears in Navamsa, so  not sure if the same results can be said of that in rasi. Probably the scholars in this forum can shed some light on that.

Regarding KSY, inspite of the controversies about its existence, I have seen that people with KSY experiencing children related problems-not having children, getting children very late in life, giving birth to autistic children etc. My cousin has the yoga and her child who is 3years now still hasnt spoken a word. Another colleague of mine is 40 plus and doesnt have children.

I am just sharing my experience, so that it will be useful to others. I hope it wont be taken as misleading the readers. After all shouldnt we cross check the theories with real life experience?

Regards,
Siva

RishiRahul wrote:The above to 'all seekers' were posted by me on September 10th. in this thread, was in a hurry without going thru the contents; and I felt it did not explain itself well enough, though RohiniRanjanji and Votiveji understood it well.

I am posting my corrected thoughts below for your perusal:=

To ALL the seekers,

Let us deal with the 2 present topics creating much disrupt: (1) The Guru Rahu conjunction. (2) Kalsarpa yoga.

Let us not think rigidly as we always tend to do. It would be better to never look at any yoga rigidly. I never do it, and it should be never done.

Rahu Ketu axis always affect some house axis (1, 7 or 2, 8 or 3, 9 etc.) in a chart adversely.
When all planets are posited in one side of the Rahu Ketu axis (eg: also in Kalsarpa yoga) it makes the personality/destiny lop sided. This is in addition to some axis being affected. Thus one should not take Kalsarpa yoga too literally, as even at the absence of Kalsarpa yoga the Rahu Ketu affects some axis adversely; Also all planets in one side of Rahu Ketu axis affects a chart adversely.

Maybe some people took advantage by using Kalsarpa yoga to scare people, like they do so with so many other things; less or more!

Sri K.N. Rao, Dr. B.V. Raman etc were no doubt great in knowledge and their findings should be respected by all. We should be able to exercise enough individuality of thought in trying to understand their minds, or what they are trying to say…THE UNDERLYING MEANING.
TO STATE THAT HE IS CORRECT AND HE IS WRONG WILL ONLY REVEAL IMMATURITY IN UNDERSTANDING.

There are so many Jyotish Commentators.. and there are so many living Jyotish commentators. They all had and have different styles of explanation or expression levels! THAT we have to realize.

Coming to Guru Rahu combination:  

No yoga, by itself, is capable of causing total destruction and or no yoga is complete in itself.

Jupiter Rahu is said to give Guru Chandala yoga; but only if Jupiter Rahu conjunction is afflicted…. Is my view.
In Jupiter Rahu conjunction the wisdom of Jupiter gets inflated… (increase of wisdom at its best… and increase of pride leading to folly at its worst; though actually the wisdom and pride both increases.).
The increase of wisdom, in this case, is due to Rahu. The planet Rahu always takes us away from spirituality, it being a material planet. At best, the wisdom attained can be useful for the material minded, or the wisdom attained acts best in a material plane. There is no logic denying that some elated souls may not have them.

How does a native get spiritually inclined and become a spiritualist? Is the path easy as a cake walk? Or is a person spiritually matured from the beginning? (barring exceptions like Sri Krishna, who we have met in stories. Whether he at all existed or was made to exist to give us wisdom is another story….But I believe in him though.. I guess a discussion on this would be out of context.). Or did the spiritually enlightened native have Rahu exalted (at his finest).
Whether the spiritual elevation was due to Guru Rahu conjunction is another question!?

Personally felt: the extra pride and its realization later ( due to other yogas) could have led to the soul getting elevated.

Jupiter Rahu conjunction on its own, even in charts of spiritually elevated souls, did not act as an aid to spiritual elevation. Look for other yogas.

Let us not use the logic which may be used to prove that Robindranath was a goat; just because Robindranath and goats have beards.

RishiRahul

hi Siva,

in the case of your mother jupiter is exalted as lord of 'upachaya' (advancement); this Jupiter causing the guru rahu conjunction. So the wisdom factor is good here.

I have experienced some guru rahu conjunctions in lagna.
The common factors noticed by me is; Rahu adds some 'conceit' to the wisdom of Jupiter ( In the case of your mother the wisdom of Jupiter is good).
Such people have a wisdom of their own. They can handle hurts very well and practically, as I feel that they operate their wisdom more practically. they generally have more money( or material security) to cover their needs. Problem is that they feel cocksure of their epicurian attitude mentioned by you...........ALL THIS IS WHEN THE COMBINATION IS IN GOOD HOUSES LIKE EXALTATION RASIS, UPACHAYAS, functional friendship of Guru and rahu.

THE FINAL RESULT will be seen from dasas in operation, atmakarak etc. But I feel that it does take a toll in their relationships somewhere....?

KSY, whether we call it by the name or not, does take its toll undoubtably, and i speak from experience.

other real life experiences would be welcome for better enlightment.

Rishirahul

siva

Post by siva » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:08 am

Hi Rishiji,

What you said can be true, (positive effects due to Jupiter in friendly/exalted etc signs). And regarding "THE FINAL RESULT will be seen from dasas in operation, atmakarak etc. But I feel that it does take a toll in their relationships somewhere" I am yet to know about that.

My mother is now undergoing the last period of Rahu and is awaiting Jupiter Dasa. Rahu period of my mother gave us material prosperity undoubtedly (saying this from the prosperity we had over the last 17 years), but I would like to say that my mother's life was not that easy emotionally over this period-lots of trouble from neighbours (Enemity, buglar breaking into our house, enemy related tensions etc..But I think that is partially because jupiter is 6th lord and rahu obviously always give tensions, phobias and anxieties, so Rahu amplified the 6th lord jupiters results).

I am yet to know from experience how Guru dasa will be for my mother. (In her chart, Guru is in exchange with Moon in third, sagittarius sign). So I am not sure how the results will be. I am a bit tensed regarding that, though as usual my mother is over confident that it will be good for her. She was always against rahu saying rahu has squeezed her life out of her (emotionally).

Regarding your saying "take a toll in their relationships somewhere", well, I missed this point in my last post, I should have actually said that. In my opinion, since Guru is the karaka for husband, for women Guru-Rahu combo (even if jupiter is exalted) will give a tough husband to put up with. If it were not for my mother's immense patience and unmatchable tolerance, I would definitely say it is extremely difficult for anybody to tolerate a person like my father. (Im saying this from a wife's perspective rather than from a daughter's perspective). I think, if any married ladies have this combination, they should share their experience regarding their husband.

Regards,
Siva

[/quote]

hi Siva,

in the case of your mother jupiter is exalted as lord of 'upachaya' (advancement); this Jupiter causing the guru rahu conjunction. So the wisdom factor is good here.

The common factors noticed by me is; Rahu adds some 'conceit' to the wisdom of Jupiter ( In the case of your mother the wisdom of Jupiter is good).
Such people have a wisdom of their own. They can handle hurts very well and practically, as I feel that they operate their wisdom more practically. they generally have more money( or material security) to cover their needs. Problem is that they feel cocksure of their epicurian attitude mentioned by you...........ALL THIS IS WHEN THE COMBINATION IS IN GOOD HOUSES LIKE EXALTATION RASIS, UPACHAYAS, functional friendship of Guru and rahu.

THE FINAL RESULT will be seen from dasas in operation, atmakarak etc. But I feel that it does take a toll in their relationships somewhere....?

KSY, whether we call it by the name or not, does take its toll undoubtably, and i speak from experience.

Rishirahul[/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:54 pm

Please allow this old guy to use the excuse of old age to just quote the last message in this thread since I found it hard to go through the criss cross each time the thread gets quoted! Those who have already written me off, hopefully are not reading this post anyway ;-)

What I write comes from personal experience and from no personal material agenda (Ma has been very merciful in that respect and never denied me Her LOVE and sustenance in all the ways that only MOTHERS can offer or promise!)

That said, and the caveat sounded yet again (some scrutinizing types may feel I am almost guilty about this theme!) that I am not a teacher or here to teach or feel responsible for the education of anyone as far as jyotish goes here or elsewhere <g>, I finally come to the point that motivated me to respond to this thread today.

Ordinance factories and storage sites (and nuclear reactors!) do blow up from time to time, but they are nowhere near as incendiary and damaging as the stored wares deployed in war-zones or when used by terrorists and criminals elsewhere!

The difference is that spark, that trigger, that turns a potentially dangerous chemical into a sure disaster!

I have always, for reasons unbeknownest to me, viewed yogas, good and bad in the same framework. A warehouse of good and bad.

IF, where and when the "spark" or 'trigger' would go off in a certain specific chart or nativity must next be looked for, through other ancilliary factors, timing-related factors and so on, once the warehouse of possible blessings or disaster has been identified and studied at some length by the jyotishi.

I hope this posting is neither too cryptic, nor too far-fetched from the daily mundane reality and I am hoping and praying that all jyotishis of all times have been already using this framework and approach!

What breaks the back of the athlete is not the sport but the point of weakness in the individual's back! Excessive force notwithstanding.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

[quote="RishiRahul"]
hi Siva,

Rishirahul[/quote]

Votive

Post by Votive » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:41 am

And shouldnot the experiences of life and the karma hold the key to the trigger?
regards

votive

rohiniranjan wrote:Please allow this old guy to use the excuse of old age to just quote the last message in this thread since I found it hard to go through the criss cross each time the thread gets quoted! Those who have already written me off, hopefully are not reading this post anyway ;-)

What I write comes from personal experience and from no personal material agenda (Ma has been very merciful in that respect and never denied me Her LOVE and sustenance in all the ways that only MOTHERS can offer or promise!)

That said, and the caveat sounded yet again (some scrutinizing types may feel I am almost guilty about this theme!) that I am not a teacher or here to teach or feel responsible for the education of anyone as far as jyotish goes here or elsewhere <g>, I finally come to the point that motivated me to respond to this thread today.

Ordinance factories and storage sites (and nuclear reactors!) do blow up from time to time, but they are nowhere near as incendiary and damaging as the stored wares deployed in war-zones or when used by terrorists and criminals elsewhere!

The difference is that spark, that trigger, that turns a potentially dangerous chemical into a sure disaster!

I have always, for reasons unbeknownest to me, viewed yogas, good and bad in the same framework. A warehouse of good and bad.

IF, where and when the "spark" or 'trigger' would go off in a certain specific chart or nativity must next be looked for, through other ancilliary factors, timing-related factors and so on, once the warehouse of possible blessings or disaster has been identified and studied at some length by the jyotishi.

I hope this posting is neither too cryptic, nor too far-fetched from the daily mundane reality and I am hoping and praying that all jyotishis of all times have been already using this framework and approach!

What breaks the back of the athlete is not the sport but the point of weakness in the individual's back! Excessive force notwithstanding.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

siva

Post by siva » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:12 am

Hi Rohiniji

Please forgive me as a senior person to a junior when I say this. But I am forced to say this, at least as a grievance:). Most often your mails are too obscure. I dont know if you are writing in that manner clearly knowing that they are obscure OR if you are not really aware that yor mails are obscure. I said this as a 'grievance' because as a senoir person in this field, we, no, let me say I (I donno abt others), would like to understand what u are writing. But most often it is like a simple word document where all simple words are replaced by hard nuts from Thesaurus. If you really dont know to write in an understandable way, please forgive my complaint. But if you enjoy a reader's confusion to understand your mails, please I beg, please can you write in an understandable way? Using images in a poetry is fine, because only a poet knows which images can best portray his feelings, rather he is out of a divine will, forced to use some imageries which he himself may find surprising later. And readers can interepret them in any way, that is not going to affect the reader's appreciation level anyway. But that is a different case. In a technical stuff like this, where we are just discussing some planetary combinations, do we need such images? I said images instead of examples because examples are meant forgiving a clear understanding of a statement, but yours seem to be clouding the meaning putting the reader at a loss to know what you really meant.

I m really sorry to say this. But I thought it is better you know it so that at least out of sympathy next time you will write lucidly. It is up to you to think over it. But otherwise also, fine, because as a reader I dont have any rights to comment on your writing style. But if I am missing out some knowledge because of the obscurity of your writing, it is a loss for me, and as a writer, for you too , because a writer's prime responsibility is towards a reader. I hope I am right? &nbsp; &nbsp;

(Pls dont think this as an impolite mail. I wrote with all respects.)

Regards,
Siva

rohiniranjan wrote:Please allow this old guy to use the excuse of old age to just quote the last message in this thread since I found it hard to go through the criss cross each time the thread gets quoted! Those who have already written me off, hopefully are not reading this post anyway ;-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:21 am

Absolutely, but if those triggers are not reflected in the astrological framework then the latter becomes suspect of being less than complete and that is somehow not consistent with what I have seen so far ...

I could be wrong, of course.

RR

[quote="Votive"]And shouldnot the experiences of life and the karma hold the key to the trigger?
regards

votive

[quote="rohiniranjan"]Please allow this old guy to use the excuse of old age to just quote the last message in this thread since I found it hard to go through the criss cross each time the thread gets quoted! Those who have already written me off, hopefully are not reading this post anyway ;-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

[/quote][/quote]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Dear RohiniRanjanji

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:24 am

Sir,

I am at a loss in understanding what you are trying to say.
If you are agreeing with me or disagreeing.

Pease be explanative,

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: Dear RohiniRanjanji

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:36 am

Dear RishiRahul jee,

YOU or i or all these others who post on this forum for whatever reasons are less important than Jyotish or even astrology! That is the first premise!

The next premise is: How can we serve that which has already been established through ages and eons and so on!

The final premise is crucial: Do I really believe in what I see and say and write about!

For me personally: I witness in wonderment the ramifications and variations of interpretations and so on of simple combinations that human imagination brings forth when married to different degrees of experiences!

All is important, all is true, but IS ALL OF WHAT WE READ, WRITE,AND SEE, P-E-R-M-A-N-E-N-T?

It is not about "YOU" or 'i'! There are bigger issues than you and i or the remaining thousands shown as members on this forum and similar others!

RR

[quote="RishiRahul"]Sir,
I am at a loss in understanding what you are trying to say.
If you are agreeing with me or disagreeing.

Pease be explanative,

RishiRahul[/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:47 am

[quote="siva"]Hi Rohiniji

Please forgive me as a senior person to a junior when I say this. But I am forced to say this, at least as a grievance:).

Dear Siva jee,

Since you chose to write to me as a senior person to a junior, if that was indeed what you meant <!> then it cannot be a grievance but an admonition! ;-)

"Irregardless" as the linguistic mlecchhaas ill-pronounce -- I remain chastised by you!!

<SIGH!>

Rohiniranjan ...

siva

Post by siva » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:56 am

Hi Sir,

Oops , I meant you as senior, i donno how you mistook it. How can I be senior to you, both age wise and knowledgewise??!!

Hope now you will cosider what i said as a grievance.

Did I chastise?? I just 'elaborated' my 'pathetic' situation on reading ur post.[ :smt009

Regards,
siva
rohiniranjan wrote:
siva wrote:Hi Rohiniji

Please forgive me as a senior person to a junior when I say this. But I am forced to say this, at least as a grievance:).

Dear Siva jee,

Since you chose to write to me as a senior person to a junior, if that was indeed what you meant <!> then it cannot be a grievance but an admonition! ;-)

"Irregardless" as the linguistic mlecchhaas ill-pronounce -- I remain chastised by you!!

<SIGH!>

Rohiniranjan ...

RajeevSharma

Post by RajeevSharma » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:05 am

:smt014

misunderstandings.... Guru Rahu at work

:smt018

Votive

Post by Votive » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:15 am

The various techniques and approaches of Jyotisha; and why alone Jyotisha, all divinatory crafts; then a probable solution to locate these very trigger points in terms of time, magnitude and what not.
And as we learn in numbers, the more the variables, the more the equations needed to try and solve for answers and a plethora of probable answers , all correct!
That in sum, then Jyotisha as defined.

And as our young friend pointed out that why the answers are not simple. They are, in fact simple!

votive

rohiniranjan wrote:Absolutely, but if those triggers are not reflected in the astrological framework then the latter becomes suspect of being less than complete and that is somehow not consistent with what I have seen so far ...

I could be wrong, of course.

RR

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

To Respected RohiniRanjanji

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:39 am

Sir,

Could you enlighten regarding your view of the Guru Rahu conjunction for proper enlightment please.

Could I request this as you are aware that I really admire and value your thoughts.

Respectfully,

RishiRahul

Return to “Vedic Astrology”