Kendradhipati dosha

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:54 pm

mysbcrs wrote:
Then he came to Saturn. After 4 years of saturn his spouse (also an equally qualified graduate in the same field), doing even better in professional, suddenly suffered a shock in brain, leading to the 'locked in' syndrome in mid 2010.
Namaskaar Rishiji, RRji and others

7L Ju is in 6th from dasa lord Sa and also from Ve, 7L from dasa lord and dasa sign and dasa sign lord are in 6/8 placement. Ve is also 12th lord (6th from 7th) and Sa is lord of 6th from Ju. Is this not a  more straight-forward link to the problem? Going by Raman ayanamsha (apologies for adding to the confusion :-() and a 360 tithi year, the period corresponds to Sa-Me-Ve :smt018
Sure, that works in this instance.

RR

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:16 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Yes, I noticed this. More so Jupiter is in grahayudhha with Ketu, where Jupiter wins.

I wonder if this gives a heightened (somewhat utopian) sense of reality.

Another observation: the 3rd & 6th. from Al is well loaded with planets within a distance of 1 degree (grahayuddha degrees)

RishiRahul

Yes, I also see in many charts, grahayudhha unconditionally gives results as chetabala, lot of time as natural character of that planet.
Then he came to Saturn. After 4 years of saturn his spouse (also an equally qualified graduate in the same field), doing even better in professional, suddenly suffered a shock in brain, leading to the 'locked in' syndrome in mid 2010.

7th lord Jupiter is in Sun's nakarashta, Sun belongs to brain and head. Sun is 3rd lord. Saturn is 22/64 planet combines with Venus who represents spouse. Ketu tends to keep locked in house, 7th lord.

I wonder if vimshottari mahadashas involving grahayudhhas give stability?
You should do a data research on these and get back.

RishiRahul
Please elaborate on this 'griha yuddha' that you guys are focusing a lot on. Why do you say there is griha yuddha? I must be missing something there. Please help and give a detailed explanation!

By the way, thanks for this exercise. I am certain that all are enjoying this a lot! :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Dada and others,

My take on this:=
If two planets are within 1 degree (30 minutes) to each other, graha yuddha results, as we all know. The nodes are excluded from this 'technically'.

The 'agitation' resulting from them being so close to each other, affects the house it is posited in (4th house in this case).

Shoot questions, and I will share whatever details transparently.

Did I mention griha yuddha?

RishiRahul
Actually, you did (see red above which was bolded by you) in showing agreement with GYuddha angle. I would like Brian's comments on that too, since I believe he originally noticed GYuddha! And the chestabala aspect.

Let us three (and more if anyone else is awake! :-)) share a bit more on that aspect (not drishti sense!) aka planetary war, so that we are on the same page!

Love, Light, Study!

Rohiniranjan

As my chart analyzing methods and indicators which I use normally, for Jupiter's case I show grahayuddha winning and in varga charts Jupiter is in soft vargas. As example Jupiter is in D60 at Meena rashi which is belongs to Jupiter. Jupiter is soft planet which gives soft influences.

Here Jupiter & Ketu stay in Sun's nakarashta. Cause winning of the war King can give special gift (but temporary) to chaplain, because his cunning plans helps to win war. When shani maha dasa started, shani is in Ketu's nakarashta that again enemy get chance to control Jupiter. Also shani is in both of 22/64 that show critical points. 7th Lord & Venus = Spouse, who could be controlled by enemy.

:smt017

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:17 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

7L Ju is in 6th from dasa lord Sa and also from Ve, 7L from dasa lord and dasa sign and dasa sign lord are in 6/8 placement. Ve is also 12th lord (6th from 7th) and Sa is lord of 6th from Ju. Is this not a  more straight-forward link to the problem? Going by Raman ayanamsha (apologies for adding to the confusion :-() and a 360 tithi year, the period corresponds to Sa-Me-Ve :smt018

RR

As per Lahiri ayanamsa, the usual style it comes to Sa- me- ve; that is we would like to 'depart' to close up view on timings.

RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:21 am

Brahma Mihira wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Yes, I noticed this. More so Jupiter is in grahayudhha with Ketu, where Jupiter wins.

I wonder if this gives a heightened (somewhat utopian) sense of reality.

Another observation: the 3rd & 6th. from Al is well loaded with planets within a distance of 1 degree (grahayuddha degrees)

RishiRahul

Yes, I also see in many charts, grahayudhha unconditionally gives results as chetabala, lot of time as natural character of that planet.

7th lord Jupiter is in Sun's nakarashta, Sun belongs to brain and head. Sun is 3rd lord. Saturn is 22/64 planet combines with Venus who represents spouse. Ketu tends to keep locked in house, 7th lord.

I wonder if vimshottari mahadashas involving grahayudhhas give stability?
You should do a data research on these and get back.

RishiRahul
Please elaborate on this 'griha yuddha' that you guys are focusing a lot on. Why do you say there is griha yuddha? I must be missing something there. Please help and give a detailed explanation!

By the way, thanks for this exercise. I am certain that all are enjoying this a lot! :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Dada and others,

If two planets are within 1 degree (30 minutes) to each other, graha yuddha results, as we all know. The nodes are excluded from this 'technically'.

The 'agitation' resulting from them being so close to each other, affects the house it is posited in (4th house in this case).

RishiRahul
Actually, you did (see red above which was bolded by you) in showing agreement with GYuddha angle. I would like Brian's comments on that too, since I believe he originally noticed GYuddha! And the chestabala aspect.

Let us three (and more if anyone else is awake! :-)) share a bit more on that aspect (not drishti sense!) aka planetary war, so that we are on the same page!

Love, Light, Study!

Rohiniranjan

As my chart analyzing methods and indicators which I use normally, for Jupiter's case I show grahayuddha winning and in varga charts Jupiter is in soft vargas. As example Jupiter is in D60 at Meena rashi which is belongs to Jupiter. Jupiter is soft planet which gives soft influences.

Here Jupiter & Ketu stay in Sun's nakarashta. Cause winning of the war King can give special gift (but temporary) to chaplain, because his cunning plans helps to win war. When shani maha dasa started, shani is in Ketu's nakarashta that again enemy get chance to control Jupiter. Also shani is in both of 22/64 that show critical points. 7th Lord & Venus = Spouse, who could be controlled by enemy.

:smt017

In shani dasa, the native has 8 domestic helps.
Is working in the same thing that he did during Jupiter, but became more focussed in achieving. Maintains about 4 cars.

He was and is not cunning. :smt017
He did not lose anything materially.

RishiRahul

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:44 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Is working in the same thing that he did during Jupiter, but became more focussed in achieving. Maintains about 4 cars.

RishiRahul

Here from cunning I didn't meaning chart owner's character, it is example for planet, such as stay in enemy's house, no way to loss anything in shani's times because as rohan ji says, shani act as vacuum cleaner which helps to remove our past life karma, which is only focus to mentally, also shani gives lesson for develop our soul,

Big businessman takes loan with higher risk, society show like as he goes by luxury vehicle, his children learn in Australia, have more houses, but mentally only he feel his stress. Same time poor worker who works under him, stay relax way with little salary.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

RishiRahul

Here from cunning I didn't meaning chart owner's character, it is example for planet, such as stay in enemy's house, no way to loss anything in shani's times because as rohan ji says, shani act as vacuum cleaner which helps to remove our past life karma, which is only focus to mentally, also shani gives lesson for develop our soul,

Big businessman takes loan with higher risk, society show like as he goes by luxury vehicle, his children learn in Australia, have more houses, but mentally only he feel his stress. Same time poor worker who works under him, stay relax way with little salary.
The "Hoover" phenomenon (vacuum cleaning) is probably more fitting a title for lunar nodes, particularly Rahu :-)

Rahu can be benefic too (not unconditionally, though!), and can deplete associated planets of subtle or dross when positive, or worse when negative. Perhaps more palpably than griha yuddha (particularly during transit notably natal-transit yuddha when other factors (beyond proximity alone) get considered.

But, you are right in the 'rest' of the statement in that *sentance* (no pun intended!).

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:28 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

RR

As per Lahiri ayanamsa, the usual style it comes to Sa- me- ve; that is we would like to 'depart' to close up view on timings.

RishiRahul
Meaning: Each participant walks the unique paths alone? :smt004

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:09 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

RR

RishiRahul
Apologies. Sa-Me-Ve is as per Lahiri with year=365.2425 days. As per Raman 360 tithi year it corresponds to Sa-Me-Sa or Sa-Ke-Ke. The description of the problem seems to match Ketu better.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:32 pm

mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

RR

RishiRahul
Apologies. Sa-Me-Ve is as per Lahiri with year=365.2425 days. As per Raman 360 tithi year it corresponds to Sa-Me-Sa or Sa-Ke-Ke. The description of the problem seems to match Ketu better.
How *better*? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

RR

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:08 pm

mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

RR

RishiRahul
Raman 360: Sa-me-ju from Mar 26 to Aug 2 then -- sa
Raman 365: Sa-me-ma from April 7 to June 4 then -- ra

Lahiri 360: Sa-me-mo from Mar 17 to Jun 6 then -- ma till aug 1 then -- ra
Lahiri 365: Sa-ma-ve from Mar 21 to Aug 31 then -- su

I hope I transferred the above without errors :-)

Rishi, did the unfortunate turn of events began after April 18 and came to a fore around or after July 9 (the impact of the turn of events sank in, is what I mean)

Please share if known.

Thanks,

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:23 pm

RishiRahul wrote: ...
Dada and others,

RishiRahul
Okay, now I understand where you were coming from (about GY)!
Some astrologers (Sharma for instance) is more stringent and recommends exact conjunction for GY. Parashara is I believe kind of silent on that matter and just mentioned GY almost 'in passing'

But here is the corollary problem. Unless one uses innovative methods (slippery slope...!), how would one attempt to make the planetary-war bala adjustments between the *strengths* of the 'vijeta' and the 'vijit'...?

Maybe our friend, mysbcrs can share a bit more on this.

Thanks to both of you, in advance,

Rohiniranjan

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:33 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

RR

RishiRahul

Rishi, did the unfortunate turn of events began after April 18 and came to a fore around or after July 9 (the impact of the turn of events sank in, is what I mean)

Please share if known.

Thanks,

Rohiniranjan
RR ji,

There seems to be some difference in the software that we are using.
15/June/1969 05:13 AM, Kolkata puts the lagna at 5Ge47'40.29" on JHora
using Raman ayanamsha. 360 tithi VM gives Sa-Me-Sa from 10/12/2009 to
11/5/2010 and Sa-Ke period thereafter.

The reason I felt Ke fits well is the "sudden" turn of events indicating
that the problem was all the while latent inside the body. Ke afflicts
the 7th lord by conjunction and also represents Me.

As for GY, I have not seen much impact in a couple of charts that I have
seen. Also as Rishiji already mentioned, classics seem to exclude the
nodes (and Su too?. Combustion seems conceptually comparable)
from the purview. Perhaps there are some finer points that require
far more expertise than I have. :smt005

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:01 pm

mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

RR

RishiRahul

Please share if known.

Thanks,

Rohiniranjan
RR ji,

Dear friend,

I used PL 7.0 for this one. Very recently, someone has made a very definitive sounding statement about the accuracy of its calculations and the predictive part of it which utilizes several classics (BPHS, Jaimini, Horasara, Garg Hora etc). I personally have reservations against relying too much on machine-predictions since the algorithm tends to be simplistic (literal) and often throws conflicting indications. A good learning tool, though, so please do not treat this as a nit-picking on my side! I am just being factual. I ran the dasha and transit interpretations from august 2009 for 2 year period and sadly must report that while many good things were predicted, such a HUGE life-changing event as Rishi shared with us, did not show up in its report! Other than some general indicators to look out for mental distress and restlessness, but that was showing up generally over the entire period which I believe was not the case. It did churn out many pages of reading though (with typos :-(   )

BTW, the 360 and 365 were meant to be days and not tithis! PL only has the 360d savanmana (civil year as it is called), 365 (solar) and 327 (nakshatra transit year. Hence the difference from your calculations. The ascendant was the same as what you got.

The 360 deg (based on tithi return) is newly introduced (in software) and I have not tested it to give a strong opinion for or against. I am hoping others would who can, but I had also hoped, somewhat naively (!), some forty years ago that by the time I am a ripe old man of sixty, SURELY, all these ayanamsha, house division, combustion, griha yuddha, AV differences between Parashara and Varahamihira and a bunch of other mysteries would be definitively solved and put to bed. My coveted birthday present did not arrive on my 60th birthday! But then, neither Y2K, nor the sun entering the Vishnu-nabhi in Mayan myth (more like they just got tired of chiesling the stone tablet and stopped their calendar once that point was reached (december 2012), but the much touted end of the world did not arrive either! For that matter, neither did the much feared III world war or Prince Charles becoming the King of England! And many such fearsome events, which could also include the much touted (90s) coming of the next Prophet Maitraya (don't think this is the same person in the discourses between Parashara and Maitraya in the book also known as BPHS. Kali Awatar has, though, although not in the shape or form that any of us imagined when we were running around in knickers, years ago! (Sorry, if I sound like I am lamenting and venting! I am grateful to MA that the end of the world has not arrived! Who would be so heartless as to decimate this beautiful laboratory of Human Experience! Other than some trigger-happy, EGOMANIAC DICTATOR!!)

That digression aside (sorry again!), this matter of tithi has bothered me a bit! When we use solar year, we are actually looking at the apparent solar journey from POINT 0 to POINT 360 in a circle! With actual natural phenomena of day and night, repeating themselves, reliably. To me that sounds like a good and non-arbitrary measure. The same can be said about the nakshatra year. Though it gives a smaller year which may create new problems if married with the dashas, and also has nothing to day with the units of diurnal rhythm: night and day! Similarly, the savanmana is arbitrary and the 360 days give a queasy feeling, although I have used it, but then I was adjusting the ayanamsha too to line up with particular events in a test-bed of charts.

Now tithi does have the visible points of poornima and amavasya and have a mystical significance as they seem to work in muhurtas etc if you have played with those. But the 12 degree elongation (moon to sun) is arbitrary and based on closeness to the mean duration of diurnal elongation of the faster body (moon) over sun, as the former dances around sun. But it is really dancing around the earth on which we live and the duo (earth and moon) like two lovers are dancing around the sun, which gives us our day and night and also the dance creates the solar longitude (apparent projection of the earth) and the solar year.

Some may say that the 30 degree signs are arbitrary too so it is all in the same boat, sceptics may add! Anyway, treat my sharing as a free-association and not some gospel that I have arrived at and that it is my way or you head to the highway! :-)

Maybe I am getting too old and resisting change! Maybe I get satisfied and contented too easily (sign of maturing and old age), which is fine and dandy! Just in case the world decimates, I will at least die a contented old man...!

Love, Light, Peace!

Rohiniranjan

PS: By the way, since you are interested in GY, search for an article by Edith Hathaway who wrote in fair details about Chakrapani Ullal's take on GY. Nice and fresh look at something that has created much furore for some decades but only mentioned in passing in BPHS etc. But then, so were the Vargas and Padas etc, if you look at it. And scriptural predictions fail, or are conflicting as seen with Parashara Light at least! Don't know in details about other software players in commercial field.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:56 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

RR

RishiRahul

Please share if known.

Thanks,

Rohiniranjan
RR ji,

Dear friend,

I used PL 7.0 for this one. Very recently, someone has made a very definitive sounding statement about the accuracy of its calculations and the predictive part of it which utilizes several classics (BPHS, Jaimini, Horasara, Garg Hora etc). I personally have reservations against relying too much on machine-predictions since the algorithm tends to be simplistic (literal) and often throws conflicting indications. A good learning tool, though, so please do not treat this as a nit-picking on my side! I am just being factual. I ran the dasha and transit interpretations from august 2009 for 2 year period and sadly must report that while many good things were predicted, such a HUGE life-changing event as Rishi shared with us, did not show up in its report! Other than some general indicators to look out for mental distress and restlessness, but that was showing up generally over the entire period which I believe was not the case. It did churn out many pages of reading though (with typos :-(   )

BTW, the 360 and 365 were meant to be days and not tithis! PL only has the 360d savanmana (civil year as it is called), 365 (solar) and 327 (nakshatra transit year. Hence the difference from your calculations. The ascendant was the same as what you got.

The 360 deg (based on tithi return) is newly introduced (in software) and I have not tested it to give a strong opinion for or against. I am hoping others would who can, but I had also hoped, somewhat naively (!), some forty years ago that by the time I am a ripe old man of sixty, SURELY, all these ayanamsha, house division, combustion, griha yuddha, AV differences between Parashara and Varahamihira and a bunch of other mysteries would be definitively solved and put to bed. My coveted birthday present did not arrive on my 60th birthday! But then, neither Y2K, nor the sun entering the Vishnu-nabhi in Mayan myth (more like they just got tired of chiesling the stone tablet and stopped their calendar once that point was reached (december 2012), but the much touted end of the world did not arrive either! For that matter, neither did the much feared III world war or Prince Charles becoming the King of England! And many such fearsome events, which could also include the much touted (90s) coming of the next Prophet Maitraya (don't think this is the same person in the discourses between Parashara and Maitraya in the book also known as BPHS. Kali Awatar has, though, although not in the shape or form that any of us imagined when we were running around in knickers, years ago! (Sorry, if I sound like I am lamenting and venting! I am grateful to MA that the end of the world has not arrived! Who would be so heartless as to decimate this beautiful laboratory of Human Experience! Other than some trigger-happy, EGOMANIAC DICTATOR!!)

That digression aside (sorry again!), this matter of tithi has bothered me a bit! When we use solar year, we are actually looking at the apparent solar journey from POINT 0 to POINT 360 in a circle! With actual natural phenomena of day and night, repeating themselves, reliably. To me that sounds like a good and non-arbitrary measure. The same can be said about the nakshatra year. Though it gives a smaller year which may create new problems if married with the dashas, and also has nothing to day with the units of diurnal rhythm: night and day! Similarly, the savanmana is arbitrary and the 360 days give a queasy feeling, although I have used it, but then I was adjusting the ayanamsha too to line up with particular events in a test-bed of charts.

Now tithi does have the visible points of poornima and amavasya and have a mystical significance as they seem to work in muhurtas etc if you have played with those. But the 12 degree elongation (moon to sun) is arbitrary and based on closeness to the mean duration of diurnal elongation of the faster body (moon) over sun, as the former dances around sun. But it is really dancing around the earth on which we live and the duo (earth and moon) like two lovers are dancing around the sun, which gives us our day and night and also the dance creates the solar longitude (apparent projection of the earth) and the solar year.

Some may say that the 30 degree signs are arbitrary too so it is all in the same boat, sceptics may add! Anyway, treat my sharing as a free-association and not some gospel that I have arrived at and that it is my way or you head to the highway! :-)

Maybe I am getting too old and resisting change! Maybe I get satisfied and contented too easily (sign of maturing and old age), which is fine and dandy! Just in case the world decimates, I will at least die a contented old man...!

Love, Light, Peace!

Rohiniranjan

PS: By the way, since you are interested in GY, search for an article by Edith Hathaway who wrote in fair details about Chakrapani Ullal's take on GY. Nice and fresh look at something that has created much furore for some decades but only mentioned in passing in BPHS etc. But then, so were the Vargas and Padas etc, if you look at it. And scriptural predictions fail, or are conflicting as seen with Parashara Light at least! Don't know in details about other software players in commercial field.
Thanks RR ji. 360 tithi year is approximately the lunar year. I remember reading Narasimha, creator of JHora recommending usage of 360 tithi year for all Udu dasas.

I read through part of the article that you referred on GY. Unfortunately my skepticism still remains as I encountered more or less the same questions on the example charts there as I did while studying charts that I know of. Going more into that will be too much of digression.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:02 pm

mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

RR

RishiRahul

Please share if known.

Thanks,

Rohiniranjan
RR ji,

Dear friend,

Love, Light, Peace!

Rohiniranjan

Thanks RR ji. 360 tithi year is approximately the lunar year. I remember reading Narasimha, creator of JHora recommending usage of 360 tithi year for all Udu dasas.

I read through part of the article that you referred on GY. Unfortunately my skepticism still remains as I encountered more or less the same questions on the example charts there as I did while studying charts that I know of. Going more into that will be too much of digression.
Hey, no problem :-) If it turns you off, then it is not for you, at least at this time. I was not trying to create doubts in your mind, but just found it interesting. Also the article by Shyamsundar Dasa on the lunar year-solar year quandry.

You sound like an experimenter. That is a good trait to have in a dedicated jyotishi.

Yes, I have heard of/from Narasimha that he is now experimenting with the cusp as bhavarambha. KP has always used that as well as placidian cusps. Incidentally, since how long have you been using the cusp as beginning of a house approach? Did doing so resolve any issues or confusion that you were experiencing when you used the more traditional approach (whole sign, equal house or sripati-Porphyrii systems with cusp in the middle of the house? Please share, if you wish to.

Thanks,

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Vedic Astrology”