Earthquake in China - Goverdhanji

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:46 am

.1 earthquake rocks Tokyo buildings
Saturday, 5 July 2008 09:38
A 5.1 magnitude earthquake has rocked Tokyo, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.

The quake struck at 4.49pm Tokyo time (8.49am Irish time), with its epicentre located off the Pacific coast some 170kms northeast of Tokyo.

Its focus was about 50kms below the seabed.

AdvertisementThe quake was strong enough to briefly shake buildings in Tokyo.

Japan experiences 20% of the world's major earthquakes. A  powerful quake in the northern prefecture of Miyagi on 13 June triggered landslides and killed 12 people

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:49 pm

Thanks for the informations Dhanji.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:43 pm

govardhanvt wrote:I do not wish to  generalise & say Mars Ketu combination gives rise to this havoc. It should be looked in overall basis, considering various divisional charts etc. I repeat, I  do not wish to  predict  a situation in a horoscope  only taking one aspect or condition that prevails at the time of occurence .

Earthquake it is normally seen to happen nearer or on the day of full moon or new moon. There are several such conditions , which needs to be looked into. For your information Mars and Ketu did join together in cancer, in  during july 1972. On July 21
Bloody Friday: 22 bombs planted by the Provisional IRA explode in Belfast, Northern Ireland; 9 people are killed and 130 seriously injured. The association can creat a event, that does not mean one should generalise and hence I am not generalising the same.  

As I write this and I see  that there could be big Solar flare in the Month of July and August this year , which  may create an havoc in America, Australia, and countries which have Cancer, Taurus, Libra or Capricorn as ascendant or Moon placed in such houses. This Solar flare would badly damage electrical equipments in large magnitude and Space station world wide may have to bear severe calamity & set back during that period. I expect explosion in space to happen during that month which would be alarming. A big size of fire ball could be seen in the outer space which would be exploding and clearly visible to naked eye

Regards
V.T.GOVARDHAN
That was my post on May 15,2008. After long time and as the astronomer puts it, it was record time since Sun spots were not visible in the SUn , today Sun spot was seen in the active region of Cycle 23 . Here is the news below:

Daily Sun: 18 Jul 08  

A sunspot is emerging at the location indicated by the arrow. Magnetograms of the spot show it to be an old Cycle 23 active region. Credit: SOHO/MDI

Sunspot number: 0
What is the sunspot number?
Updated 17 July 2008  

Far side of the Sun:  

This holographic image reveals no sunspots on the far side of the sun. Image credit: SOHO/MDI  

Planetary K-index
Now: Kp= 2 quiet
24-hr max: Kp= 2 quiet
explanation | more data

Current Auroral Oval:

Switch to: Europe, USA, New Zealand, Antarctica
Credit: NOAA/POES
What is the auroral oval?  

Interplanetary Mag. Field
Btotal: 3.4 nT
Bz: -0.0 nT
explanation | more data
Updated: Today at 1607 UT  
Coronal Holes:  

A solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole should reach Earth on or about July 19th. Credit: SOHO Extreme UV Telescope  

SPACE WEATHER
NOAA Forecasts  

Updated at: 2008 Jul 17 2203 UTC  
FLARE 0-24 hr 24-48 hr
CLASS M 01 % 01 %
CLASS X 01 % 01 %

Geomagnetic Storms:
Probabilities for significant disturbances in Earth's magnetic field are given for three activity levels: active, minor storm, severe storm  
Updated at: 2008 Jul 17 2203 UTC  
Mid-latitudes  0-24 hr 24-48 hr
ACTIVE 10 % 10 %
MINOR 01 % 01 %
SEVERE 01 % 01 %

High latitudes  0-24 hr 24-48 hr
ACTIVE 30 % 10 %
MINOR 10 % 05 %
SEVERE 05 % 01 %

The link is http://www.spaceweather.com/

It gives me a great pleasure to share this information and I fail in words, how our great seers could  predict such a phenomenon and I have no words to express my gratitude to all them and the greatness of Vedic astrology

SUN has entered cancer  , where Ketu is placed.

V.T.GOVARDHAN

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:52 pm

Sun Goes Longer Than Normal Without Producing Sunspots
ScienceDaily (June 9, 2008) — The sun has been lying low for the past couple of years, producing no sunspots and giving a break to satellites.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See also:
Space & Time
Sun
Astronomy
Northern Lights
Earth & Climate
Weather
Energy and the Environment
Renewable Energy
Reference
Solar flare
Space observatory
Solar radiation
Geosynchronous orbit
That's good news for people who scramble when space weather interferes with their technology, but it became a point of discussion for the scientists who attended an international solar conference at Montana State University. Approximately 100 scientists from Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and North America gathered June 1-6 to talk about "Solar Variability, Earth's Climate and the Space Environment."

The scientists said periods of inactivity are normal for the sun, but this period has gone on longer than usual.

"It continues to be dead," said Saku Tsuneta with the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan, program manager for the Hinode solar mission. "That's a small concern, a very small concern."

The Hinode satellite is a Japanese mission with the United States and United Kingdom as partners. The satellite carries three telescopes that together show how changes on the sun's surface spread through the solar atmosphere. MSU researchers are among those operating the X-ray telescope. The satellite orbits 431 miles above ground, crossing both poles and making one lap every 95 minutes, giving Hinode an uninterrupted view of the sun for several months out of the year.

Dana Longcope, a solar physicist at MSU, said the sun usually operates on an 11-year cycle with maximum activity occurring in the middle of the cycle. Minimum activity generally occurs as the cycles change. Solar activity refers to phenomena like sunspots, solar flares and solar eruptions. Together, they create the weather than can disrupt satellites in space and technology on earth.

The last cycle reached its peak in 2001 and is believed to be just ending now, Longcope said. The next cycle is just beginning and is expected to reach its peak sometime around 2012. Today's sun, however, is as inactive as it was two years ago, and scientists aren't sure why.

"It's a dead face," Tsuneta said of the sun's appearance.

Tsuneta said solar physicists aren't like weather forecasters; They can't predict the future. They do have the ability to observe, however, and they have observed a longer-than-normal period of solar inactivity. In the past, they observed that the sun once went 50 years without producing sunspots. That period, from approximately 1650 to 1700, occurred during the middle of a little ice age on Earth that lasted from as early as the mid-15th century to as late as the mid-19th century.

Tsuneta said he doesn't know how long the sun will continue to be inactive, but scientists associated with the Hinode mission are ready for it to resume maximum activity. They have added extra ground stations to pick up signals from Hinode in case solar activity interferes with instruments at other stations around the world. The new stations, ready to start operating this summer, are located in India, Norway, Alaska and the South Pole.

Establishing those stations, as well as the Hinode mission, required international cooperation, Tsuneta said. No one country had the resources to carry out those projects by itself.

Four countries, three space agencies and 11 organizations worked together on Hinode which was launched in September 2006, Tsuneta said. Among the collaborators was Loren Acton, a research professor of physics at MSU. Tsuneta and Acton worked together closely from 1986-2002 and were reunited at the MSU conference.

"His leadership was immense, superb," Tsuneta said about Acton.

Acton, 72, said he is still enthused by solar physics and the new questions being raised. In fact, he wished he could knock 22 years off his age and extend his career even longer.

"It's too much fun," he said. "There's so much exciting stuff come up, I would like to be part of it."

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:55 pm

dear Dahnji (quote)=It gives me a great pleasure to share this information and I fail in words, how our great seers could  predict such a phenomenon and I have no words to express my gratitude to all them and the greatness of Vedic astrology

SUN has entered cancer  , where Ketu is placed.

V.T.GOVARDHAN

Thanks for sharing these informations with all of us , Dhanji  Really the Vedic Astrology is wonderful science and   U  too  is very great ., i can say.  I think everybody here can accept this.

Regards,
prasanna.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:24 pm

2008 July 21 11:30:31 UTC
Versión en Español

DetailsSummaryMapsScientific & TechnicalWhere can I find...?
Earthquake Details
Magnitude 6.1
Date-Time Monday, July 21, 2008 at 11:30:31 UTC
Monday, July 21, 2008 at 08:30:31 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 37.235°N, 142.061°E
Depth 33.7 km (20.9 miles)
Region OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances 105 km (65 miles) E of Iwaki, Honshu, Japan
150 km (95 miles) ESE of Fukushima, Honshu, Japan
155 km (95 miles) SE of Sendai, Honshu, Japan
270 km (170 miles) NE of TOKYO, Japan

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 5.9 km (3.7 miles); depth +/- 5.2 km (3.2 miles)
Parameters NST= 95, Nph= 95, Dmin=352.4 km, Rmss=0.78 sec, Gp=115°,
M-type=moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:54 pm

Thanks for sharing this information Dhanji.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:36 am

Few days back I sent an article to Express Star teller stating that California would be hit by an earthquake

Here is the news

Mild earthquake felt in SW California
The Associated Press
Article Launched: 07/21/2008 03:18:25 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES—An 3.0 earthquake has hit southwestern California, near the town of Big Bear Lake. No damage was reported.
The U.S. Geological Survey reported the quake early Monday afternoon in the mountains five miles northwest of Mount San Gorgonio.

Geophysicist Susan Potter says the quake hit at 12:21 p.m. and was relatively shallow at four miles deep

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:39 am

dear Dhanji,(QUOTE)=LOS ANGELES—An 3.0 earthquake has hit southwestern California, near the town of Big Bear Lake. No damage was reported.
The U.S. Geological Survey reported the quake early Monday afternoon in the mountains five miles northwest of Mount San Gorgonio.

Now iam located very near to the Big Bear mountains.  Today we  have not  felt the tremor as it is 3.0 .After  my arrival  here, this is the third time we are hearing this earth quake,  but previously two times we felt very minute shake.  Thanks for the information.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:26 am

I remember being in San Fransisco. I was flying kites in the park beneath Ghirardelli Square.  One of the other sales people came running down saying a long distance call was waiting.  My mother in the Springs called asking if I was safe since there had been an earth quake where I was.  Never felt it.  It was funny. Image
Be safe.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:39 am

Dear toubiji,   We are living in earthquake prone zone, as  California is very famous for earthquakes, people here say there are 400 earth quakes monthly.  So people are not considering  it a natural calamity.  But now my family members  and friends  are mostly taking it serious   and   are asking  about  our safety.  Thanks for sharing and wishing our safety.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Earthquake Hits Northern Japan
Choose Your News
Personalise your news
Help
Use the drop down menu below to filter stories and videos the way you want - when you want it!

Pick your News  Most Popular Stories Latest Stories Latest Videos Latest Picture Galleries Popular UK News Popular Politics Popular World News Popular Business News Popular Technology Strange News Popular Health Popular Showbiz News  
Strange Names Can Help Children  

Maggots Found Growing In Man's Head  

Grand Theft Auto's Threat To Hollywood  

Chef Launches Sugar-Free Desserts  

Crafty Drivers Dodging Speeding Fines  

Tikka's Bad For The Ticker  

Out Of This World: New Planets Found  

The Sarkozy Effect: Men Turn To Surgery  

Kylie: Doctors Failed To Spot Cancer  

Kate And Matthew Make It A Double Act  

Madeleine Resort Hit By Fall In Trade  
6:05pm UK, Wednesday July 23, 2008

A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.8 has jolted northern Japan.

No threat of tsunami after quake hits Honshu island

But there was no threat of a tsunami, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.

The focus of the tremor was 66.5 miles below the surface of the earth in Iwate prefecture.

National broadcaster NHK said some parts of highways had been closed to traffic and some rail lines were stopped after the quake in the region, which is a mountainous and sparsely populated part of Japan.

An Iwate prefecture official said there had been no reports of initial damage but some city halls reported that panes of glass had broken in their buildings.

Tohoku Electric said its nuclear facilities in the area were operating normally after the quake, except for one unit that was already off-line for maintenance work.

Japan's Jiji news reported that the government had set up an emergency task force at the prime minister's residence following the tremor.

Earthquakes are common in Japan, one of the world's most seismically active areas.

The country accounts for about 20% of the world's earthquakes of magnitude 6 or greater.

The latest quake follows a string of earthquakes in the same region, the first of which killed at least 10 people and left as many again missing in June.

In October 2004, an earthquake with a magnitude of 6.8 struck the Niigata region in northern Japan, killing 65 people and injuring more than 3,000.

That was the deadliest quake since a magnitude 7.3 tremor hit the city of Kobe in 1995, killing more than 6,400

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm

dear Dhanji,
               everyday u are giving some earthquake reports and reading them really i feel so sad for the people affected. Apart from that what  way we can help them?Where is the end?  As we are nearing JUly 25 th my fear and concern increases a lot.  Let us all pray to GOD to save all of us., from the greater disasters u predict now.  I felt sad  for today's affected people. Thanks for the informations.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:46 am

My prediction that  last quarter of July till August end is going to rattle the earth  is slowly nearing. The intensity of quakes are increasing day by day.  Here is yet another lastest one hour before

Powerful earthquake hits Japan, dozens injured
By MARI YAMAGUCHI – 1 hour ago

TOKYO (AP) — A powerful earthquake struck off the northern Japanese coast early Thursday, injuring at least 91 people, triggering landslides and cutting power to thousands of people, officials said.

Japan's Meteorological Agency said there was no danger of a tsunami from the temblor, which had a preliminary magnitude of 6.8. It struck shortly after midnight about 65 miles underground and centered just off the coast of Iwate, 280 miles northeast of Tokyo.

The 91 people injured were mainly suffering from cuts and bruises from broken glasses and falling objects and none of the injuries was life threatening, said National Police Agency official on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

The earthquake caused strong shaking of up to 40 seconds in large parts of northern Japan, official said.

"Everything has fallen off the shelves, scattered all over the floor," grocery store owner Tomio Kudo told national broadcaster NHK from the town of Hirono, where the shaking was most violent. "Even a big refrigerator has moved about 30 centimeters (1 foot)."

There were no immediate reports of any problems at the nearest nuclear power plant, which continued operations, according to local media reports.

But Japan's "bullet" super-express trains were suspended in some areas, according to operator East Japan Railway Co.

The earthquake also triggered landslides at several locations, the police agency official said.

Disaster Minister Shinya Izumi told reporters that the earthquake caused a blackout in wide areas in the region, leaving about 6,700 homes without electricity. Izumi said a team of officials from the ministry were assessing the extent of damage.

Police said some of the more serious injuries included: a woman in Hirono and another in nearby Aomori City who each broke a leg falling down stairs; another woman in Aomori City who broke her hip as she fled out a window; and a 66-year-old woman in Miyagi prefecture who broke her arm falling from a bed.

Japan is one of the world's most earthquake-prone countries.

A 6.8 magnitude earthquake is capable of causing serious, widespread damage. Last month, a 7.2-magnitude earthquake struck sparsely populated rural areas in northern Japan, killing at least 12 people, leaving 10 others missing and injuring more than 300.

Meteorological Agency official Takashi Yokota warned of possible aftershocks from Thursday's quake.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:02 am

http://myeqwatch.com/

Earth Quake WatchImage

Return to “Vedic Astrology”