House Divisions in Vedic & Astrology Classics

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat May 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:Rishi Ji,

I devote my time to historical research in astrology not because I have plenty of time or I have to prove something, but because I have to find out the original ideas in astrology as propounded by rishis. Two and three decades ago , I was a secularist, but now I have sufficient proofs to convince myself that rishis had special faculties to receive Wisdom hidden to lesser mortals.

Placidus house system is 100% SSS-BPHS bhaavachalita, but now the mathematical formula for computing first and tenth Placidus houses have changed, hence values differ, otherwise the method is still the same. In JHora,  Placidus system even in SSS mode gives different results which it should not. Perhaps it is because PVR uses the built in module of Swiss Ephemeris written by Dieter Koch for Placidus &c, which uses Drik and not SSS. I do not know what is PVR's view on this topic. I will ask him today.
Rishi= Is the Placidus model okay in the 7.4 version.
I will experiment with sss when the time comes; but first I need to use a software with proper Placidus/ know its computation.
Can you help me there?

I want to experiment with KP system within SSS-BPHS framework (house
system and SSS-BPHS ayanamsha &c).
Rishi=Why not? A good idea actually!

I want to upload 35 years of Ashtaka-varga graphs of Congress-versus-BJP.  It is a great thing. If I upload it at my website, MB will not allow me to give the link, and here in MB I do not know how to attach pictures.
Rishi=Try this link for uploading the ashtavarga graph for Congress-versus-BJP!
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... php?t=1367
-VJ
Rishi

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat May 12, 2012 7:34 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:In JHors Beta2, SSS mode SSS house system is correct as SSS-BPHS or slightly wrong?
In JHora-7.52-Beta2, SSS mode (calculations settings as recommended by Vinay Jha) house system is in accordance to SSS-BPHS but only in House-Tab at the bottom of the Key-Info page which displays the statistics of house data ; the D1 bhaavachalita in it is NOT as per SSS. From the tabulated house data, not down the start and end positions of each house and put each planet into correct house manualy, which will give SSS-BPHS system, and lord of cusp should be made lord of entire house.

In this SSS mode of JHora, Kashinath-Hora is suggested as my recommendation, although BPHS recommends Parivritti(bicyclical) D2. D30 (Parashari) is also erroneous, but PVR has promised to debug it in next release.

-VJ

Dear Vinay ji,

Would both the errors, mentioned above, be debugged?

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:...
Dada,
Krishnamurthy did not stop at the sub level of nakshatras, but went to further divisions.
While using Vimshottari dasa went even to pratyantar dasas.
I think he even used horary (his style) to rectify times.
Rishi
Rishi,

KP was nearly entirely or at least very dominantly developed through Horary perspectives (Prashna)! And not just for rectifying birthtimes. KP Readers may be looked into to see if that was the case or not! :-)
Yes Krishnamurthy used pratyantara, prana etc for dasas, but for the star subdivisions, I do not recall him writing about divisions smaller than the sub which is the Bhukti level. I hope this is clearer...?

My strong suspicion is that the sub-subs arose after Krishnamurthy was gone and as part of 'post Krishnamurthy' development of his system blessed by Uchhishtha Ganapathy whom he worshipped as evident from his statement in the Readers.

Anyway, it is not important who discovered what etc as long as it is something that works...

Like everything in Astrology!

Love, Light, Peace,

What we are saying, if you look at the above quotes of this post, is the same.

I have found what Krishnamurthy ji mentioned as K.P. works well; in natal and horary.

What the others went ahead to formulate/exaggerate did not have the same level of accuracy like the sub sub etc. and I felt they were pulling it too far, as the case histories given were not very sound.

Even then, I have a desire to research with the house cusps as adapted to other cusp systems like proper porphyrys and placidus.
I mean choose between the two.

Well.... lets see..

Rishi

Dear Rishi (astrologer-hat and not moderator-hat!),

I am not trying to play hard or disagreeing with you just for the heck of it, but it is not that you were saying something wrong and I was opposing what you stated! I am just opening the possibility that when Krishnamurthy dealt with sign-star-sub aspect derived from dasha, he was speaking about the 'cusp' and though he used the finer dasa divisions, like most others do, he was not going finer than sub for obvious reasons and very 'smart' ones!

You see, the dasas are over a period of days and months and less subject to correctness of birthtime, or perhaps the precision of those. A few seconds or a minute of error in birthtime will not change the vimshottari that much, but it can completely lead to a wrong planet if we use sub-sub and sub-sub-sub! Don't you agree?
Rishi= Absolutely!
I have all/most of Krishnamurthy ji's readers. He did not beyond subs, probably for the reason you mentioned.
If I mentioned he went to sub subs I was wrong.
He gave more importance to the constellation the sub was deposited in; while the star had a different usage.

Jyotishis of late tend to glibly claim that they have rectified the birth time to seconds and deci-seconds but their rectification is very dependent on the ayanamsha they choose and the interpretation of the dasa subs which can be debatable!
Rishi= The word 'glibly' is quite correct.
I do not go to sub subs, as I rarely found accuracy there.

If we had a 'book of dasa effiects' that truly worked from chart to chart, though some have been propounded even by scriptural Sages, in even a small number of charts those 'canned phrases' fail miserably. Sure once in a while someone comes across a chart where it seems to fit, but if you systematically look at several charts, there is poor concordance between real life events and the "canned" scriptural phrases.

I know I might be irritating some folks who would cry 'HERETIC!' for one reason or another, but I think it behooves all serious Jyotishis, like us, to tell the truth as it is. Jyotish works and has many gems, but the canned phrases certainly are not really first class gems!
Rishi= I am sure none here are irritated; certainly not Vinay ji & myself!

If you want me to shut up, to make it look 'goody goody', I will, but then that would not be the honest thing to do!
Rishi= As above:)

Love, Light, Truth,

Rohiniranjan

I am glad that we are on the same page regarding KP. One can hardly call KP Jyotish, but more like a hybrid which mixes some tropical tenets with some jyotish but is unique in its independent approach.

All along my journey in Jyotish, I have heard so many claims and all claiming to be the final frontier that I don't even yawn any longer when yet another bright eyed claimant crosses my desk!

The biggest weak spot in Jyotish books (old and new) are the canned phrases readings and the cake is taken by the dasa-phalam chapters many of which take up a lot of room in the tomes! Not trying to rattle any cages or trying to push any sensitive 'buttons' or pull at short-fuses, but this is sadly true. And the 'degrees' symbolized type books such as by seer Charubel (Tropical) and one similar one penned by Manik Chand Jain (Jyotish, probably out of print by now). At one point, I had spent quite some time seriously looking over these kinds of 'readings' and testing in charts and even used a range of ayanamshas and since Charubel was a psychic seer, tried to adjust his readings with adjusting for tropical sidereal difference but nothing promising there, consistently or something that can be used reliably.

People (even grown up mature and otherwise pragmatic and sane people!) still hang on to this childish, primal, magical thinking and expect that there is some secret Holy Grail that exists hidden in some cave or someone's basement as Paitrik Sampatti and so the astro-archeologists keep on digging and hoping and digging and hoping and dreaming and promising some more... :-)

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sun May 13, 2012 5:52 am

Vinay Jha wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:In JHors Beta2, SSS mode SSS house system is correct as SSS-BPHS or slightly wrong?
In JHora-7.52-Beta2, SSS mode (calculations settings as recommended by Vinay Jha) house system is in accordance to SSS-BPHS but only in House-Tab at the bottom of the Key-Info page which displays the statistics of house data ; the D1 bhaavachalita in it is NOT as per SSS. From the tabulated house data, not down the start and end positions of each house and put each planet into correct house manualy, which will give SSS-BPHS system, and lord of cusp should be made lord of entire house.

In this SSS mode of JHora, Kashinath-Hora is suggested as my recommendation, although BPHS recommends Parivritti(bicyclical) D2. D30 (Parashari) is also erroneous, but PVR has promised to debug it in next release.

-VJ
Thanks,

Is D30 erroneous in Drik Siddanta mode too?

:smt017

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:
Vinay Jha wrote:

-VJ
Thanks,

Is D30 erroneous in Drik Siddanta mode too?

To create a big project like JHora single handedly is a formidable task and others should cooperate in pointing out the bugs in a friendly manner so that PVR should rectify them. Yes, D30 (Parashari option) in JHora needs to be debugged.

-VJ

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Mon May 14, 2012 10:15 am

Yes, JHora is a big project and surprise project by single hand. If it has Simhasana Yoga and Kalsarpa yoga in JHora's Yoga list, it is worthwhile.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 18, 2012 1:40 am

Brahma Mihira wrote:Yes, JHora is a big project and surprise project by single hand. If it has Simhasana Yoga and Kalsarpa yoga in JHora's Yoga list, it is worthwhile.

Otherwise, not...?

If that is *indeed* what you intended to imply, that would be interesting to probe you for further elaboration!

Light, Love, Curiosity...!  :smt004

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 am

:) Simhasana Yoga and Kalsarpa yoga are only minor two things in whole astrology, here I didn't mean whole JHora,  :smt003

However as this topic, some yogas can be changed with lagna chart and bhavachalit chart, as example in lagna chart planet in 6th house can be jump to 7th or 5th in bhavachalit chart.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat May 19, 2012 10:43 am

Brahma Mihira wrote::) Simhasana Yoga and Kalsarpa yoga are only minor two things in whole astrology, here I didn't mean whole JHora,  :smt003

However as this topic, some yogas can be changed with lagna chart and bhavachalit chart, as example in lagna chart planet in 6th house can be jump to 7th or 5th in bhavachalit chart.

Give a practical example of a native who has settled abroad, who has these bhava differences.

I will explain

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun May 20, 2012 1:30 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote::) Simhasana Yoga and Kalsarpa yoga are only minor two things in whole astrology, here I didn't mean whole JHora,  :smt003

Give a practical example of a native who has settled abroad, who has these bhava differences.

I will explain

RishiRahul
:-)
Someday ... MA-willing!

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sun May 20, 2012 5:45 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote: However as this topic, some yogas can be changed with lagna chart and bhavachalit chart, as example in lagna chart planet in 6th house can be jump to 7th or 5th in bhavachalit chart.

I will explain

RishiRahul
As example, (here we are not in immigration topic) Meena lagna ones Jupiter is in 1st house create Hamsa yoga, but in bhavachalt chart his Jupiter jumps to 12th house? Then is power of Hamsa yoga reduced?

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun May 20, 2012 7:33 am

Brahma Mihira wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote: However as this topic, some yogas can be changed with lagna chart and bhavachalit chart, as example in lagna chart planet in 6th house can be jump to 7th or 5th in bhavachalit chart.

I will explain

RishiRahul
As example, (here we are not in immigration topic) Meena lagna ones Jupiter is in 1st house create Hamsa yoga, but in bhavachalt chart his Jupiter jumps to 12th house? Then is power of Hamsa yoga reduced?

Oops! I did not notice that the thread is not about immigration.
Thanks for keeping to the topic..and motivating me too.

It would not be wise to answer your query just based on bhava and rasi (as we are talking of yogas here).

However, this 'may' reduce the strength of the yoga with time/age; though the yoga remains intact.
But If At all the strength is reduced, and if so, When, depends on the mahadasa in operation.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 22, 2012 1:59 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

I will explain

RishiRahul

Oops! I did not notice that the thread is not about immigration.
Thanks for keeping to the topic..and motivating me too.

It would not be wise to answer your query just based on bhava and rasi (as we are talking of yogas here).

However, this 'may' reduce the strength of the yoga with time/age; though the yoga remains intact.
But If At all the strength is reduced, and if so, When, depends on the mahadasa in operation.

RishiRahul

The *problem* Rishi, on internet fora is that these tend to be more of a 'skein' (tana-bana) than a 'thread' :-(

For instance this one started with the rashi vs chalit and then the equal houses vs KP-Placidius and at one point 'Systems approach' and then immigration and then 'where are we now, exactly?' :-)

We all ask too many 'questions' and when answers are shared, we *questions* those and the musical piece similar to "perpetuum mobile" continues and the "armchairs" rock and even 'roll'!

More serious and 'ANAL' friends may disagree and have in the past, but the very nature of reality and human experience is like a 'SKEIN'!  NEVER a thread! Straight and narrow!!

Seek the 'thread' and cliff-hangers will remain STUCK with just one 'LIFE-LINE!'

LEARN to enjoy the 'SKEIN' and if one rope in the skein fails, you will still have many lifelines available!

Love, Light, Reality (Neither ANAL, nor RIGID or FIXED  but MUTABLE!!)

[EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-2j_27FeH0
]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 22, 2012 2:51 am

Karajan's birthdata should be available on the Astrodienst database (no more armchair excuses, in other words!) and hence I nudge and share...!

Particularly the young ones who do not look good or beautiful in your comfy armchairs...! <LOL>

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu May 24, 2012 8:42 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Karajan's birthdata should be available on the Astrodienst database (no more armchair excuses, in other words!) and hence I nudge and share...!

Particularly the young ones who do not look good or beautiful in your comfy armchairs...! <LOL>

Dada,

On seeing the u tube viseo, somehow the Mars Venus conjunction came to my mind, and its there in D10 too!

Sorry for the 'off topic' again.

Rishi

Return to “Vedic Astrology”