Indian Astrology Software

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:59 pm

govardhanvt wrote:Garbage in Garbage out?
Please type in Brooklyn for the city name, then select New York, USA from the dropdown and click Search in USA.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:03 pm

Dear Proj

Please do not mistake me. I am talking of Computer system in general . I also feel Jhora is good package with least errors in it

Regards
VTG

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:13 pm

govardhanvt wrote:Dear Proj

Please do not mistake me. I am talking of Computer system in general . I also feel Jhora is good package with least errors in it

Regards
VTG
Not at all, dhanji, I was just trying to help you by being more specific. I will be eternally grateful to PVR, without his software and his book, I would not have been where I am today, in terms of jyotish education.

That's why i always advocate for beginners, RR's freely available jyotish primer followed by PVR's integrated approach book is THE way to go. The classics can be used as reference, meanwhile, and studied in depth once you are up to it and have a better understanding of the pitfalls, if you will.  isn't that how modern education goes too, you don't start reading research papers in high school, do you ?

sssratheesh

Post by sssratheesh » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:55 am

if any one knows about visual jyotish s/w please let me know

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:25 am

sssratheesh wrote:if any one knows about visual jyotish s/w please let me know
Visual Jyotish or VJ as it used to be called back in its DOS-early windows days back in early-mid nineties was a visual basic software created by Charles Druttman (sp?) and was allegedly tested by one of the leading jyotishis in India and students and this always appeared in the promo for the software, whether duly endorsed or not, I do not know!

It had errors in its shadbal calculations. In fact back then I found and reported errors in a few other software too. Those were simpler times. Fewer available and fewer getting used, despite cheesy software reviews that never reported on such BASIC errors!

Those were the dark ages of computerized jyotish! Although, we still see the dark clouds from time to time! <LOL>

Love, Light, Observations!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

horochat

Post by horochat » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:31 am

Parashara's light is the best software available closely followed by Goravani Jyotish.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:35 am

horochat wrote:Parashara's light is the best software available closely followed by Goravani Jyotish.
Is Goravani Jyotish still being sold? It was a colourful software, though massive in the Intel 386 times. But with modern computers it could really shine!

Is Das still active? Good to hear that! Anyway, please share recent URL etc for GJ if you have it.

Thanks!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

sammymakwan

Post by sammymakwan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:33 am

You are on this site and it's very good for you, because this site gives you good knowledge about astrology if you are new in astrology, so don't go anywhere mysticboard.org is good platform for you get help from it, mysticboard.org make you master in Astrology.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:33 pm

sammymakwan wrote:You are on this site and it's very good for you, because this site gives you good knowledge about astrology if you are new in astrology, so don't go anywhere mysticboard.org is good platform for you get help from it, mysticboard.org make you master in Astrology.
Dear Kind Sir,

You will be happy to know and feel proud of me that I have been literally GLUED to this board since 2006 and even if they chase me out of here, my affection and quiet prayers will be answered and they will, good hearted people that they are, allow me to return and embrace me and shower me with their sincere love and kindness. Kind of like the Prodigal Son, biblical fable.

Gratefully yours,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:35 pm

horochat wrote:Parashara's light is the best software available closely followed by Goravani Jyotish.
Yes. Be careful though when you cast muhurta charts for individuals who are not living in the same town as you! But, since you seem well-versed with the ins and outs of this software, and experienced in driving it, maybe you already know all about this. Hopefully, a few other users might benefit from my sharing.

Gratefully yours,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

horochat

Indian Astrology Software

Post by horochat » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:37 am

I would suggest that you use parashara's light ver 7.0 as it is the most accurate and relieable software for vedic astrology calcuations as well as predictions.

Ajith

Rohiniranjan

Re: Indian Astrology Software

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:00 pm

horochat wrote:I would suggest that you use parashara's light ver 7.0 as it is the most accurate and relieable software for vedic astrology calcuations as well as predictions.

Ajith
How long have you been using it, Ajith? What other software you have compared it with?? Please share details of the comparison process, unless writing all that is too tiring for you. :-)

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”