Indian Astrology Software

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

rsaxena55

Indian Astrology Software

Post by rsaxena55 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:08 am

Can anybody suggest which is the most accurate software wherein I can get day-to-day dasha prediction ? and there remedy
keen follower of Indian Astrology system

Rohiniranjan

Re: Indian Astrology Software

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:18 am

Dear fellow-member,

I have used four commercial software so far: PC Jyotish (MSDOS days) which had few features but was accurate and had the rare (still) means of calculating parallax-corrected moon (drig geotopical moon, loosely stated). It died with MSDOS. The similar was the situation with Charles Drutman's Visual Jyotish which made it to earlier windows. Touted in early nineties as the most accurate software endorsed by Mr. KN Rao, it too did not survive long enough.

In the early nineties, I was attracted to Goravani Jyotish for its beautiful interface and printouts. There were many errors in it which though Goravani fixed quickly, were just too many for my needs. To his credit, Goravani took back his software and gave me a full refund. I do not know what is the status with that software. I next went to Visual Jyotish and found errors there in things such as shadbala. Again a money-back guarantee was honoured.

Having had enough of this, a disillusionment actually, I moved to Parashara Light sometime in mid-90s. I have used nothing but this software since then. In each version, there have been new problems and errors. It has had problems with its atlas settings, its QCK format files and its chara dasha calculations. I am not sure if the latest version has fixed all the problems or not, but its basic functions etc have been trouble and error free. Let me just say, it is a known devil for me and I tremble at upgrading because based on past experience, features that worked in earlier version fail (e.g., QCK errors, sunrise using center of sun, chara dasha) even as old glitches get fixed.

This is the bottom line! If you need to use a software, get one and then hope and pray that each time you upgrade, Lord Siddhidata Ganesh, the PATRON Deity of Jyotishis is on your side. Hold your nose and go for the deep dive, but make sure you have an oxygen cylinder handy -- just in case!

I have heard good things about PVR Narasimha Rao's software which I believe is free or shareware. Having know PVR for many years and the fact that he is a REAL engineer and software genius, perhaps that is where I would steer you. But note this, I have not used his software so maybe ask someone who has and then go from there...

RR

[quote="rsaxena55"]Can anybody suggest which is the most accurate software wherein I can get day-to-day dasha prediction ? and there remedy[/quote]

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:44 am

Swetha , I am of the view that softwares could be used to only to make charts, determine dasa bhukthi and all the mathematical parts of Astrology  and not for the predictive purposes. There is nothing which could replace the normal Human brain . Use of Software for prediction  and sometimes for calcutation , is not always true and the computers cannot and will not be able to replace the human brain.

Incidentally, did you try Jagannatha Horalite . This belongs to Sri Sanjay Rath, an astrologer from family of reowned astrologers, and an  IIT engineer .

cool cat

Post by cool cat » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:20 pm

have u heard of
kundali lite software. it's compete in it self.

and regarding remeadies:- do prefer lal kitab book which is excellent in telling remedies for a malfic planets.

Milind

Post by Milind » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:37 am

There are many good software available on Vedic astrology like,

1) Kundali 2000 and 2002 - One of the old and reliable
2) Astroloka - Tiny and good, with Reading. Easy to use
3) Parashara's light - Good
4) Horoscope Explorer - Tiny and good
5) Jagannath Hora - Best in Calculation, very comprehensive, no remedies---- Its free.
6) Prophet 2006 - Good
7) Maitreya's dream - Tiny and Useful - Free on sourceforge.net
8) Junior Jyotish - Very small, handy and Free.

I have tried almost all. Currently using Prophet 2006. But still I prefer "Jagannatha Hora" for calculations and Astroloka for other detailing. I am not saying other softwares are bad, its personal choice. Actually not a single software you can say is seamless. They differ one way or other.

But beleive me some softwares may change horoscopes in some degrees. One cannot say which one is fulproof.

You can buy these software from vendors, try the trial version before u decide to buy.
[color=blue]
[b]Edited a bit, plz don't mention that Milind. - Vishwas.[/b][/color]

vinayranganna

Suitable gem stone for health & good career growth

Post by vinayranganna » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:12 pm

My name is Vinay.
My date of birth is 21-12-1979.
Place of birth is: Arakalagud (Hassan ) Karnataka, India.
Please suggest a gem stone for good health & good career growth.

astrobhadauria

You are right milind

Post by astrobhadauria » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:48 pm

There are thousands software in the market and not giving good accuracy by the giving predictions, combinations of stars are more tropical for the reading by the computer.There require experience, I am not perfect in English,but I am trying to write and read by english,only one software i found that gives good accurate reading by the westren astrological method,and that is "Astro123",also You can use "Lucky Days" software to know everything but that is not free,Astro123 is free software.

Ramendra Singh Bhadauria
Jaipur
Good person want to make good everywhere.

Rohiniranjan

Bhaduria ji

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:20 am

Namashkaar,

There are fora where hindi is spoken even if english is the medium of expression and roman alphabet is used.

Jyotish_remedies, Crystal_pages etc on yahoo

The problem is not with software but the very concept that computers and programs can generate a decent reading!

Computers are basically sophisticated calculators and are great at and way more efficient than humans for generating charts and doing complex calculations.

As a jyotishi who for many years calculated charts just by hand and printed tables, I have LIVED the reality when most astrologers, despite all these multiple techniques given in ancient books, remained loyal to a few. They could not calculate all other charts in a practical time period and then began to 'rationalize' why rashi alone is enough or why rashi and navamsha are all one needs and why we should avoid the porridge of parashari and jaimini together and why we should never stray away from using just the vimshottari dasha.

The computer has made all that potentially history. It is another matter than software often do not use proper calculations for the umpteen parameters it is now possible to calculate and that creates yet another level of confusion leading many astrologers to again go back to the basic two or three charts and a few dashas :-)

It is ironically funny!

However, when you move to the level where you expect software to generate readings, WOW! You are asking for trouble :-)

If you have read jyotish texts, classics even, you will soon find out that there are differences in opinions between them -- and if you bring in modern opinions, then we are talking 200 dB noise!

Until such time when the rules for giving reliable readings are not validated, characterized and listed, no software programmer will be able to encode them and until that time, computers will simply not be able to generate meaningful readings or predictions. Reading itself is a very loose term and means many things to different people or even the same person at different times!!

The need of the day is to first come up with rules that work all the time or at least most of times and not claimed based on experience or ancedotally but demonstrated with many many charts. This expert opinion and anecdotal 'business' is what got astrology between the rock and the hard place, metaphorically speaking!

RR

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:31 am

When I search on google there are millions of astrology site and few software.and all using limited software,I read an India style  Software from astrojyti.co it is meaning full and gives us a good result about life,also each day life.
Ramendra Singh Bhadauria
Jaipur

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:43 am

Dear Vinay
I read your chart and found,by the Moon sign there are Chandra Shani Yuti in your chart in the Kannyaa Rashi,and both are in the making bad effects in the house of supporter like 3rd house,thinking,managing works,and fight for the out side works of the living area.next there are dark in the family life matters,and this yuti not want to create by you good family life,in vedic astrology this yuti called like blind horse,there are not a known path to follow life.You can hid these troubles by the making a good remedies,like six grams Black-Urad,and six hundred grams Rice,drop in deep well,on Saturday,it will be make continue sly six Saturday .

You can get relief.
The good gem stones for your luck and life is white saphire.By the Moon sign in the 5th,there are rashi of Saturn,and in the 9th there are rashi of Venus,this will make good effects in life.
Best of your good luck.
Ramendra Singh Bhadauria
Jaipur

askhokhar

Post by askhokhar » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:08 am

Hello all

I live in Pakistan where there is not much possibility of finding an Indian astrology software in stores. On the other hand, currency movement restrictions make it difficult to make the payment online or through bank draft etc.

I shall be grateful if someone could help me in finding a good vedic astrology software which is freeware.

Best wishes

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:17 am

http://www.vedicastrologer.org/jh/

You can download from this site,it has full system about reading by vedic ideas.It is free of cost and,give total ideas by pop up,about astrology.
www.1234astrology.4t.com

vicks_libran

Post by vicks_libran » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:26 pm

hummm
Last edited by vicks_libran on Fri May 25, 2007 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

vicks_libran

Post by vicks_libran » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:33 pm

:smt003
Last edited by vicks_libran on Fri May 25, 2007 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

sailor_boy22

hi

Post by sailor_boy22 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:06 am

can any 1 tell me how will i register this software , after downloading the same.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”