Indian Astrology Software

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:51 am

[quote="RishiRahul"]Rajitha,

I think you guys praise me too much. I do not base my predictions on intuition. X factor, I am not too sure what it is.

Good luck,

RishiRahul[/quote]

A praise very well deserved, Sir :-)
I think, and call me presumptive, that you have an innate ability to OPEN yourself wide. When that can be done non-judgmentally and in full trust, something happens.

Call it intuition, x factor or zeta effect or whatsoever. I view it differently. Astrology is about interpreting the symbols
Which means that the knowledge is locked in the symbols
By OPENING, one becomes one with the symbols
Symbols begin to speak
Saadhana convinces symbols to want to speak to you
Saadhana involves learning the basics, practicing and plodding away
Then you begin to hear straight from the horse's mouth as the expression goes
Simple, and straight forward -- isn't it?

RR

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

To RohiniRanjanji

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:39 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Rajitha,

I think you guys praise me too much. I do not base my predictions on intuition. X factor, I am not too sure what it is.

Good luck,

RishiRahul
A praise very well deserved, Sir :-)
I think, and call me presumptive, that you have an innate ability to OPEN yourself wide. When that can be done non-judgmentally and in full trust, something happens.

Call it intuition, x factor or zeta effect or whatsoever. I view it differently. Astrology is about interpreting the symbols
Which means that the knowledge is locked in the symbols
By OPENING, one becomes one with the symbols
Symbols begin to speak
Saadhana convinces symbols to want to speak to you
Saadhana involves learning the basics, practicing and plodding away
Then you begin to hear straight from the horse's mouth as the expression goes
Simple, and straight forward -- isn't it?

RR

Dearest Dada,

Dada,

Today was a day where I felt a great feelng of love throughout. I was packing to ready for flight to the western world leaving Nov 13th.---where my family is.

It is evening, and I opened the mail box... to find the above mail from you.
And it is not being possible for me express my feelings properly after reading it.

Yes, I have the innate ability to open myself wide. I concentrate in the chart to find the basics... it becomes a part of me. But whatever I see, I ountercheck it with facts.

Dada, you expressed myself just too well ( there is no wrong English here), and I am having an intense feeling of gratitude towards you. I am saving this mail to show my family.

With Deep Respects,

RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:08 pm

Dear Dada,

In my life I always wanted 'Life'  and astrology to be my breath.

Later I learnt from you and Vivekji that it was Life and 'Jyotish'. Thanks to this forum. This forum headed by Swethaji has become my next aim. We have to build this as the most positive forum.

My spouse had once asked me "Who do you love most" in a most Romantic moment.
My answer was not the Usual.

I said, even at that moment:

I love myself first, and then the World and Astrology and then you.

I cut myself short here.

RishiRahul
Last edited by RishiRahul on Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pansel

Post by pansel » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:35 pm

digital jyotish is also a good software

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:38 pm

[quote="pansel"]digital jyotish is also a good software[/quote]

Hi, can you give a bit more details? What are some of the features and if there is a URL put up by the vendor etc.

Accuracy has generally been an issue with some of the shareware and even commercial software and is always a source of concern for the professional and serious amateur astrologer. Particularly since based on past experience, what worked well in the past version can go haywire in the new version. It is always like playing russian roulette!

RR (Rohiniranjan, NOT Russian Roulette!)

RajeevSharma

Post by RajeevSharma » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:23 pm

rajitha wrote:Rishirahulji,
   I have seen many of your responses and am really amazed at your accuracy and the different angles you think from.

Mere knowledge is not enough. You must have a strong intuition and an x-factor(which cannot be explained) to give out such amazing predictions.

That is the reason I had posted a query requesting your help.
(Bad luck)

Can I ask you where you learnt your astrology from?
Do you look at AL, Argalas, etc while giving out predictions?
dear rajitha

he is one of the finest human beings and an almost accurate astrologer that i ve come across.. even if he says that we praise him too much...let him say that..but he deserves the praise
"This too shall pass..."

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:34 pm

Rajivji,

I will sleep too well tonight. i am in tears with happiness.

I am, by now, very sure that my journey will make my heart happier, as these are lvely omens/blessings.

Heartfully,

RishiRahul

pansel

Post by pansel » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:31 pm

for day to day predictions softwares may be of some help,because nobody will have the time to look in to theirs horoscope daily.there are good softwares like  Daily Horoscope Explorer V 1.0 and some other softwares based on western astrology

rkirana

JHora is best software

Post by rkirana » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:56 pm

Jagannatha Hora is the best astrology software currently. It is also free

May God bless PVR narasimha rao for his genius in creating the software
Kirana

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:33 am

[quote="govardhanvt"]Swetha , I am of the view that softwares could be used to only to make charts, determine dasa bhukthi and all the mathematical parts of Astrology  and not for the predictive purposes. There is nothing which could replace the normal Human brain . Use of Software for prediction  and sometimes for calcutation , is not always true and the computers cannot and will not be able to replace the human brain.

Incidentally, did you try Jagannatha Horalite . This belongs to Sri Sanjay Rath, an astrologer from family of reowned astrologers, and an  IIT engineer .[/quote]

Not Rath but Rao!

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:18 pm    

Dear fellow-member,

I have used four commercial software so far: PC Jyotish (MSDOS days) which had few features but was accurate and had the rare (still) means of calculating parallax-corrected moon (drig geotopical moon, loosely stated). It died with MSDOS. The similar was the situation with Charles Drutman's Visual Jyotish which made it to earlier windows. Touted in early nineties as the most accurate software endorsed by Mr. KN Rao, it too did not survive long enough.

In the early nineties, I was attracted to Goravani Jyotish for its beautiful interface and printouts. There were many errors in it which though Goravani fixed quickly, were just too many for my needs. To his credit, Goravani took back his software and gave me a full refund. I do not know what is the status with that software. I next went to Visual Jyotish and found errors there in things such as shadbala. Again a money-back guarantee was honoured.

Having had enough of this, a disillusionment actually, I moved to Parashara Light sometime in mid-90s. I have used nothing but this software since then. In each version, there have been new problems and errors. It has had problems with its atlas settings, its QCK format files and its chara dasha calculations. I am not sure if the latest version has fixed all the problems or not, but its basic functions etc have been trouble and error free. Let me just say, it is a known devil for me and I tremble at upgrading because based on past experience, features that worked in earlier version fail (e.g., QCK errors, sunrise using center of sun, chara dasha) even as old glitches get fixed.

This is the bottom line! If you need to use a software, get one and then hope and pray that each time you upgrade, Lord Siddhidata Ganesh, the PATRON Deity of Jyotishis is on your side. Hold your nose and go for the deep dive, but make sure you have an oxygen cylinder handy -- just in case!

I have heard good things about PVR Narasimha Rao's software which I believe is free or shareware. Having know PVR for many years and the fact that he is a REAL engineer and software genius, perhaps that is where I would steer you. But note this, I have not used his software so maybe ask someone who has and then go from there...

RR

[quote="rsaxena55"]Can anybody suggest which is the most accurate software wherein I can get day-to-day dasha prediction ? and there remedy[/quote]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:04 am

Dear Dada and ALL,

I have the Parashara lite 6 and the Jagannath hora too. Now Parashara lite 7 is out which is supposed to fixed some bugs.

Parashara lite has books by B.P.H.S. included and 2 other classics. Calculations are accurate.

Jagannath hora is freeware, but do not get disullusioned by the 'freeware' word. It saya that if anyone has payed for it then the money will be refunded. Call it the labour of Love of Sanjay Rath or P.V.R. Narasimha Rao.
It is the best research tool in vedic astrology possible with most accurate calculations.... is my certification. But one has to get used to its right clicks as it has too many options. Of course choose the ones you want.
It is like the palm most elastic and flexible, yet pink.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:22 am

Though I have interacted with Sanjay Rath on Ben Collinses Jyotish List many years ago, I hardly know him as a person so cannot comment.

I have interacted with Narasimha Rao for many years though directly and then on Ben Collinses jyotish list etc.

I have never used PVR Narasimha Rao's software so cannot comment on it. However from the early 90's or so I recall Narasimha mentioning that he wrote a software for personal use that he is upgrading and I am assuming that that is what his current offering in the public domain is. Unless mistaken that is Jagannath Hora. Those closer to Narasimha would know better.

Well if he is using it himself, then what is the point of this post and discussion? Why don't you ask him?

RR

[quote="RishiRahul"]Dear Dada and ALL,

I have the Parashara lite 6 and the Jagannath hora too. Now Parashara lite 7 is out which is supposed to fixed some bugs.

Parashara lite has books by B.P.H.S. included and 2 other classics. Calculations are accurate.

Jagannath hora is freeware, but do not get disullusioned by the 'freeware' word. It saya that if anyone has payed for it then the money will be refunded. Call it the labour of Love of Sanjay Rath or P.V.R. Narasimha Rao.
It is the best research tool in vedic astrology possible with most accurate calculations.... is my certification. But one has to get used to its right clicks as it has too many options. Of course choose the ones you want.
It is like the palm most elastic and flexible, yet pink.

RishiRahul[/quote]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:41 am

Dada,
Jagannath hora has too many options, probably that isa reason why Narasimha ji may not use it. I use it, but also another simpler one.

I have tried out most softwares and am comfortable with it, excluding some tajik options. Otherwise it is just perfect. Considering the too many option bit: No software could be as userfriendly as it is...but one has to get used to it.

Why do I need to ask Narasimhaji if he uses it or not? Certainly I finally decide what I am comfortable with.

Anyway I would request most to get used to this software.

Their initial software was Jagannath hora 3.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:29 am

[quote="RishiRahul"]Dada,
Jagannath hora has too many options, probably that isa reason why Narasimha ji may not use it. I use it, but also another simpler one.

I have tried out most softwares and am comfortable with it, excluding some tajik options. Otherwise it is just perfect. Considering the too many option bit: No software could be as userfriendly as it is...but one has to get used to it.

Why do I need to ask Narasimhaji if he uses it or not? Certainly I finally decide what I am comfortable with.

Anyway I would request most to get used to this software.

Their initial software was Jagannath hora 3.

RishiRahul[/quote]

Rishirahul,

If you are happy with what you have there is no need to ask anyone! I did not say you *need* to ask anyone :-)

I just did not want to comment on the software that I have no experience with!

Rishiji, the astro-utility that we refer to in this thread which now is  a beautiful and kind offering from Rath and Rao began way before Narasimha met Sanjay. I was blessed in some ways to have been present as a direct observer/witness at the very moment that Narasimha and Sanjay's destiny became confluent! It was a very divinely beautiful moment, let me tell you that! :-)

I am neither dropping names nor trying to be journalistic about the history of modern jyotish but just stating facts as I observed those since you asked pointedly! Names and entities recent or old mean nothing in Jyotish now that we are finding flaws with Parashara and others -- and for a GOOD reason or few!

RR

kashif72

Post by kashif72 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:14 pm

Astro 123 & Parashara Light

Return to “Vedic Astrology”