Indian Astrology Software

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

pOpinJay

Post by pOpinJay » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:23 am

can anybody give links for downloading these softwares??

Guruji Shri

Perfect Vedic Astrology Software

Post by Guruji Shri » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:16 pm

Dear Friends,
Jyotish Studio 3 from Das Goravani  ( Dancing Moon Incp.) is the best  vedic astro application in my opinion.This is full authentic University of vedic astrology in itself.
Visit his site if want to know more.
Best Regards.
:smt018

Rohiniranjan

Re: Perfect Vedic Astrology Software

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:34 am

Guruji Shri wrote:Dear Friends,
Jyotish Studio 3 from Das Goravani  ( Dancing Moon Incp.) is the best  vedic astro application in my opinion.This is full authentic University of vedic astrology in itself.
Visit his site if want to know more.
Best Regards.
:smt018

Good to hear about Das Goravani's software still going strong and doing so well. It definitely was the most venusianly beautiful

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:38 am

I wish to bring some interesting fact . Yesterday  a person has given me her date of birth.

It is
May 25,1961
time of Birth 11:05 am
Place of Birth Brooklyn New York USA
log and latt : 73degrees56 minutes West and 40degrees 38 minutes North

While Parashara software indicate as Cancer Ascendant , Jagannath Hora gives it as LEO Ascendant.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:04 am

govardhanvt wrote:I wish to bring some interesting fact . Yesterday  a person has given me her date of birth.

It is
May 25,1961
time of Birth 11:05 am
Place of Birth Brooklyn New York USA
log and latt : 73degrees56 minutes West and 40degrees 38 minutes North

While Parashara software indicate as Cancer Ascendant , Jagannath Hora gives it as LEO Ascendant.
Maybe the person with Goravani software may wish to help out (or confuse) the picture further ;-)

Dhan ji -- were you using the same ayanamsha etc? Although the difference was  quite a few degrees!

MEANWHILE ALL readings requests must be placed on hold until this GUTTHI and wrinkle gets figures out! NOT!! ;-)

RR

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:38 am

RRji

Ayanamsa used was same.

Regards
VTG

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:59 am

Govardhanji,

Then the software programmers have a problem

and so do the users!! ;-)

Regards,

RR

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:08 am

This is one of the drawback or disadvantage of software, which I would like to highlight

Incidentally, I wish to draw you kind attention, that Parasahara uses time zone as -4 , while jaganatha hora uses it as -4hrs 55 minutes

The standard time is -5 hrs after day light saving

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:15 am

govardhanvt wrote:This is one of the drawback or disadvantage of software, which I would like to highlight

Incidentally, I wish to draw you kind attention, that Parasahara uses time zone as -4 , while jaganatha hora uses it as -4hrs 55 minutes

Dear Govardhanji,

Standard time zones (with or without daylight saving corrections of 1 hour) are either DOT on the hour or half hour!

So -4h 55m as a correction for TIME ZONE just does not compute ;-)

I will look into this again and try to remove the confusion created here, if I can ...

RR

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:27 am

govardhanvt wrote:This is one of the drawback or disadvantage of software, which I would like to highlight

Sigh!

NO SIR! Please let me explain.

Greenwich has been taken as the zero hour coordinate by longitude. Since the world is circular (360 degrees) it has been divided into 24 segments (24 h clock) with 360 divided by 24 = 15 degrees representing ONE hour.

In some countries, like Canada which is very wide (hearted!), the very out there zones have been allocated half hour zones but for the rest of the world, one hour zone demarcations have been allocated.

DST or daylight saving time advances the CLOCK by one hour so if the standard time zone is -5, during DST observance the clock would show a time that is behind UT or GMT by 4 hours and not 5 as observed during the period when standard time was observed.

Just to confuse the jyotishis worldwide, North America keeps changing the date when the DST comes into effect, like recently!

Sigh! What more can I say :-(

RR

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:30 am

RRji

You have added pep to the discussion

Incidentally, it appears to me more confusion is added rather than drawing a conclusion

Hope the very basis of standard time zone itself is not questioned at this point of time

VTG

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:00 am

Govardhanji,

Figuring out timezones is like the ABC for astrologers who wish to do global astrology. The real confusion starts when one begins looking at the North American charts and runs into different variables. For instance time zone changes in Illinois and I believe in Indiana too and a few other states.

I have heard of a very famous jyotishi writer from India who ran into this cobweb of time zones and ended up having to make corrections in subsequent editions of his book.

RR

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:53 pm

I punched in the birth details on Jhora and it gave me 5 hours west of GMT. Please try to avoid punching in both the location and the lat/long details at the same time. It's always better to punch in the location and have the software figure out the lat/long details on its own from it's inbuilt database.  From a programming perspective, punching in both will confuse the software.

hope that helps.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Garbage in Garbage out?

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:56 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:Govardhanji,

Figuring out timezones is like the ABC for astrologers who wish to do global astrology. The real confusion starts when one begins looking at the North American charts and runs into different variables. For instance time zone changes in Illinois and I believe in Indiana too and a few other states.

I have heard of a very famous jyotishi writer from India who ran into this cobweb of time zones and ended up having to make corrections in subsequent editions of his book.

RR
The plethora of time zone lunatics in North America makes it really challenging. Till date at least the way I use it, Jhora has handled these pretty well.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”