Right Handed or Left Handed

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

swetha
Site Admin

Right Handed or Left Handed

Post by swetha » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:27 am

Can ur chart show whether u r left handed or right handed?

Rohiniranjan

handedness

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:35 pm

Individuals have claimed possibilities of determining handedness based on the lagna sign, third house sign and lords thereof. Unfortunately in practice they fail.

It is important to note that the probability of one being born left-handed is 20-25%, that is one in four to one in five births.

Happy researching!

RR

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:08 am

thanks for the info... does it also reflect info about people who have been forced to change frm left to righ handedness?
like my mom has been made to use her right hand but feels more comfortable with her left hand.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:55 pm

To a certain extent, Swetha. however, if the instance has not been documented or reported, then it would not get recorded and show up in the statistics, right?

Over the years, this tendency of parents to force kids to switch to chiral norms has been diminishing.

Think of it as a positive, though. You can probably use both hands with much lesser practice than a strongly right handed person!

There is a beautiful book on handedness from one Diane (last name, I forget) from U.K. which I read many years ago. If I find the book, I will share with you here.

RR

[quote="swetha"]thanks for the info... does it also reflect info about people who have been forced to change frm left to righ handedness?
like my mom has been made to use her right hand but feels more comfortable with her left hand.[/quote]

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:26 am

Incidentally, swetha, does your Mother have Mercury in the 11th house ?

Return to “Vedic Astrology”