Is astrology humiliated in the recent film "munnabhai"?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

dhana yoga

Is astrology humiliated in the recent film "munnabhai"?

Post by dhana yoga » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:43 am

post ur openion. wat will be the reaction of the present generation who dont beleive in  astrology?
i love vedic astrology and studing on this subject for 4 years now.

soulmate_theone

@dhana yoga

Post by soulmate_theone » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:42 am

There is nothing to blame a movie as it is just a movie.. Coz, if people want to follow the movie..They have to follow "The Legend Mahathma Gandhi" at first. If they, there is nothing to worry at your post...

All these Astrology, palmistry are become an interest for current generation.. Most of people will show interest at these (Thats why we both are here). They will be having a soft cornor on these issues. Astrology,palmistry and etc., are made to show a good way to people. Everybody reads astrology coloums in news papers and internet. But, they wont get into dipression if it is negative and dance if they possitive.. Reads it..and takes it granted..and concerntrates on their goals..Thats it as per my knowledge..

Milind

No!! I don't Think So !!

Post by Milind » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:25 am

actually, in the film they have attacked the extreme use of Astrology. The character (Astrologer) cannot stand infront of Gun with countdown nearing to his death is symbolic presentation. I beleive if someone who is a true astrologer knows minute details of the coming time and its reflections on the Native. You can even predict death date and type of death from a Horoscope, provided it should be true.

The kind of Astrolgy, name changes and other things are booming now a days it is really degrading the image of such a nice science. I don't say that Numerology and Changing alphabates in Name does not work. Surely it works but the movie gives message about true love and "Follow your Karma" message.

One more important thing, more the human being grows, professionally, Economically and in Popularity it makes his/her own EGO becomes very sharp creating undue fear of Fall from the Place. This makes them to fall prey to all these things, it is not bad, its normal to everyone. But unnecessarily if someone tries it as a craze or fashion then its absolute foolishness.

You will find more successful people to be more superstitious. They could be Film Personalities, Sport Stars, Poticians, Business Barons and all like them, loaded with changed names, gems, talismans, holy thread and what not.

It is because human mind is becomes very weak at problems and also after success. thats all.

And the film gives message that, true love overcomes the trouble and people  should follow there work !!!

soulmate_theone

@milind

Post by soulmate_theone » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:23 am

That was a nice comment Milind.. keep it up..

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:35 am

Very well said milind, thanx.

Rohiniranjan

Re: No!! I don't Think So !!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:07 am

Dear Milind,

Loved the movie and also the music and the light, non-fattening theme of the movie :-)

Was also good to see Sunil Dutt ji, perhaps for his last act before final departure. I still remember his screen presence in Ganga Jamuna!!

However, I am wondering if the astrology theme in this greatly entertaining movie and its treatment in terms of meaningful facts was done based on direct knowledge and experience of astrology by a team of astrologers who actually spent time learning, practicing and analysing astrology or a bunch of opinionated and therefore biased novices or those ignorant of actual astrology :-)

Kind of like the statements given by the 186 nobel laureate scientists way back in 70s or 80s who signed a petition decrying astrology. How can a bunch of experts in physical sciences decide what lies beyond the physical and worldly? The realm where astrology arises in and should be judged by?

RR

[quote="Milind"]actually, in the film they have attacked the extreme use of Astrology. The character (Astrologer) cannot stand infront of Gun with countdown nearing to his death is symbolic presentation. I beleive if someone who is a true astrologer knows minute details of the coming time and its reflections on the Native. You can even predict death date and type of death from a Horoscope, provided it should be true.

The kind of Astrolgy, name changes and other things are booming now a days it is really degrading the image of such a nice science. I don't say that Numerology and Changing alphabates in Name does not work. Surely it works but the movie gives message about true love and "Follow your Karma" message.

One more important thing, more the human being grows, professionally, Economically and in Popularity it makes his/her own EGO becomes very sharp creating undue fear of Fall from the Place. This makes them to fall prey to all these things, it is not bad, its normal to everyone. But unnecessarily if someone tries it as a craze or fashion then its absolute foolishness.

You will find more successful people to be more superstitious. They could be Film Personalities, Sport Stars, Poticians, Business Barons and all like them, loaded with changed names, gems, talismans, holy thread and what not.

It is because human mind is becomes very weak at problems and also after success. thats all.

And the film gives message that, true love overcomes the trouble and people  should follow there work !!![/quote]

Milind

Please Explain !!!

Post by Milind » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:18 am

Dear Rohiranjan ji, could please explain what you really want to say as from your post I cannot figure out your expression on above said topic.

Please explain it.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Re: No!! I don't Think So !!

Post by Vishwas » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:30 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:
Kind of like the statements given by the 186 nobel laureate scientists way back in 70s or 80s who signed a petition decrying astrology. How can a bunch of experts in physical sciences decide what lies beyond the physical and worldly? The realm where astrology arises in and should be judged by?

RR
Personally I liked the last sentence here. Who are they to decide or judge something, which they don't even know about.

pires

Post by pires » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:16 pm

Very well said Milind Sir ...This thought never came to my mind ...
But it is something which should really analyse ..SUCCESSFULL people also go to an astrologer because they think ....Hey everythings going so perfect ...is this the warning of a storm .PERSONS currently in problem think ...HEy god when our problems are going to end .
                               PERSONALLY ... i dont know what i am saying is logical or not ...but what i have observed ..and this is my observation ..that some persons life is so smooth for a long time and then suddenly something happens .And this has actually happened wid me .But the only thing i must say is that both the conditions were not that extreme . I mean the good was not the best and the bad was not the worst , so i managed to remain calm and average  .But balance is very necessary in life .I hope u get my point .Can NE 1 plz share their experience regarding the accuracy of the prediction ...i mean many a times we hear from vedic astrologers that this or that has to happen ..so has ne 1 had such an experience .
BECAuse 4  months ago my frnd told me that he had went to an astrologer asking him abt my frnds results ..actually he and his brother had gone for both of their results , the wise man said that my frnd will fail in exactly one subject and the second will get firstclass . 2 months after that results were declared and same thing happened ..
I can accept that we can say wether a period is good or bad for ne native from dasa system ...BUT how on mother earth is it possible to tell so accurately ...1 subject ...i mean it cannot be understood .
I gess i am far off the topic but let it be .i read posts everyday so decided to write today :)

Rohiniranjan

Re: Please Explain !!!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:47 pm

Vishwas understood perfectly and easily! Read his response! :-)

[quote="Milind"]Dear Rohiranjan ji, could please explain what you really want to say as from your post I cannot figure out your expression on above said topic.

Please explain it.[/quote]

vpb365

Post by vpb365 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:46 am

hi,first we have to enter the water,to tell how deep it is,without knowledge or expereince,if some one is questioning the astrology and somebody believes ,i think it is like a blind showing way to another blind person .

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:04 pm

Well said vpb365.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”