Powerful god in horoscope.

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

rramesh

Powerful god in horoscope.

Post by rramesh » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:21 pm

I always say to everybody lord rahu bhaghavan is the  very powerful god and second powerful will be lord saturn and third will be lord juptier.

Milind

Please Explain !!!

Post by Milind » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:48 pm

Could please explain on what basis you say that? I mean Catagorising the planets by you is different from Vedic Astrology. What about Sun and Moon on which whole Astrology is based?

Please do explain so that everyone will be benefitted from it !!!

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:15 pm

Yes pls explain it further.

rramesh

reply to your question

Post by rramesh » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:03 pm

Lord sun is     pithurkarakan
Lord moon is  Mother.

I am not debating on the above grahas.

There are 9 grahas which are there . "Sun, moon,jupiter,saturn,venus,mangal,rahu,ketu,mercurry.
If lord rahu is placed in 3rd, 6th , 10th bhava in friendly place,  this god will be powerful as the lord does not have any own house
he follows what saturn does. with my experience he is the first god who gives more money and makes the life of any person well.  If saturn is good in any places uchha (in Libra) or  taurus, makar,kumba. If saturn is sitting in the second bhava from the jenma lagnam. He is the god who calculates the longivity of any peson.

You are aware lord jupiter is the god who always make your life well when he is uccha in cancer or his own place dhanur or meena rasi. If he sees particulary 5th and 9th bhava  will be highly beniffted apart from where he is placed in any horoscope.
i have mentioned the 3 lord of lord rahu , lord saturn , lord jupiter based on my own experience.
Hope, i have clarified.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Powerful god in horoscope.

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:09 pm

Even in puritanical religious astrology, rahu and ketu are considered demons and not God or Bhagavan (Bhaghavan as spelled by you)! Please do not mix the Gods with demons!

This is not to say that rahu and ketu are not powerful than human beings, but mythologically, they are a bit allergic to gods and demigods, especially sun and moon who snitched on them (actually one demon who got split into two giving rise to rahu and ketu, by Vishnu). Actually personally, I think it is a very interesting allegory based on the astronomical phenomenon of eclipses!

But let me not make waves in the Kshirasagara of internet and bring up the bad elements!

RR

"I always say to everybody lord rahu bhaghavan is the  very powerful god and second powerful will be lord saturn and third will be lord juptier."

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:03 am

Are u calculating 3rd, 6th & 10th house from Lagna or Moon sign/Rashi (Nakshatra).

Milind

Little Explaination !!!

Post by Milind » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:22 am

According to Vedic Astrology,

The Natural benefics are, Sun, Moon, Mars and Jupiter,
while Natural Malefics are Saturn, Rahu and Ketu
Planets like Venus and Mercury are considered to be Neutral.
(Some people call Venus as Malefic, it is there own opinion)

Now, apart from Sun and Moon, Mars and Jupiter are very important Planets. While analysing any Horoscope, every astrologer finds the Aspects of these to Planets. More importantly they put full strength to 3 other houses from their acquired House. Like Mars sees 4,7 and 8th House from his acquired house while Jupiter sees 5,7 and 9th House from his acquired house. So these two planets are very important as they give effects or cause effect on 8 Houses in general.

Secondly, mars is related with Physical strength, Material Things, Assets, Land, vehicle, power etc while Jupiter is related with Knowledge, Education, Family life, Marriage, Kids, wisdom and General Well Being.

If we consider only 2-3 Planets which too are natural Malefics then I think we are under estimating the potential of these Planets. In certain cases Malefics do give fantastic results or form Critical Yogas which in turn give good effects.

But while understanding Progress (particularly in Gochara) we rely on Mars and Jupiter which are Natural Benefics while for analysing Problems in coming time we see Saturn, Rahu and Ketu which are Natural Malefics.

Similar justification can be given for Dasas also depending on the Planetary Positions.

rramesh

Lord ramar was asked to go forest for 14 years

Post by rramesh » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:26 am

What has happend to lord ramar in his horoscope there are 5 grahahs uccha and insipte of this he was asked to go forest life for 14 years.

It all depends upon the karma.  When rahu is not placed powerfully then life will become miserable.  Mars is like a milertary man.  Jupier is placed in 5th bhave in cancer (ucha) from jenma lagnam meena and definitely he will do wonders as he is in purva  punya sthan and he sees 5th , 7th, 9th bhava.  

When  a malefic grahas sits in any enemy place will always give yogam and will make everything well

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:09 am

rramesh@oshozen.com

I think you are aware how Rahu and ketu originated. If you know the story, how do you equate them to GOD in the First Place

Secondly going by the logic , how can a shadow become a GOD

Can you explain?

rramesh

Post by rramesh » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:18 am

Inmost of the temples rahu and ketu are being treated as god  (though they are navgrahas) and keeping that in mind only , i have mentioned as god. and  do agree with you and am not debating.

With my experience, most of the cases, if rahu is good in the horoscope he makes the life of the person well and if he is not placed well in the horoscope  the effect will be worst.  I have seen  during rahu dasa  18year's people have earned so much money, life well when rahu is good in the horoscope i.e ucha, or 3rd, 6th,10th bhava.

when he is not placed powerfully, 18 year people  have suffered from ill health, accident, etc .
thanks for your question.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:26 am

How can u say if Rahu is placed well in a person's chart.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:30 pm

My observations about astrological rahu agree with yours. I generally try to avoid the religio-mystical-mythological representations of astrological factors in astrology. Astrology can be carried out very effectively without needing that religious shot in its arm that some insist on imposing on astrology :-)

[quote="rramesh@oshozen.com"]Inmost of the temples rahu and ketu are being treated as god  (though they are navgrahas) and keeping that in mind only , i have mentioned as god. and  do agree with you and am not debating.

With my experience, most of the cases, if rahu is good in the horoscope he makes the life of the person well and if he is not placed well in the horoscope  the effect will be worst.  I have seen  during rahu dasa  18year's people have earned so much money, life well when rahu is good in the horoscope i.e ucha, or 3rd, 6th,10th bhava.

when he is not placed powerfully, 18 year people  have suffered from ill health, accident, etc .
thanks for your question.[/quote]

gsk1080

Post by gsk1080 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:31 pm

I am going to back rramesh. I think he is extolling Sri Rahu as their role as part of the Navagrahas. If Rahu and Ketu were not important then why are they even in Vedic Astrology. By calling them Demons and bringing up stories does not help in  Vedic Astrology. If they are demons then what about Venus who is supposed to be Leader of the Demons? Some people call the Sun a Malefic in Vedic Astrology.

Speaking astrologically, Rahu is a very important planet/shadow/point or whatever you want to call him. The original poster, based on his observations, stated if Rahu Placed in 3, 6, 10 (Upachaya) houses from Lagna impacted the natives life positively.  Rahu placed in 3rd house causes Kubera yoga which is a wealth giving yoga.  

However, as many of you keep on pointing out that Rahu was a demon, if he is placed in a house that is not bringing out his positive attributes then it can cause much hurdles. Any planet can be positive or negative, it just depends on the natives karma. Each human has benefiting planets and planets that cause problems. i am a Taurus, and Saturn is highly benefic for me.

Find out more about Sri Rahu: www.rahu.in

Om Ram Rahave Namah

GSK

vengatanarayan

Post by vengatanarayan » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:28 am

Guru is the most powerful planet

kirby!

Post by kirby! » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:55 am

intuitively i understand what rramesh has to say.
i do not think that he is classically subjecting the 3 grahus to certain roles yet modernly placing them in today life of materialism/mental power/karma. rahu is definitely a deciding factor as to having a comfortable, good or above average life. but i feel that is also based on an illusion. rahu, ruled by venus and signafactor for the material world can most make life enjoyable and with balance(any good horoscope has balance) can show you how to enjoy life with the simplest pleasures as well as seeing the spiritual aspect of life separate from the material and having balance between them. that is how i can view rahu as a god.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”