Vargottama planet

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

matmazel38

Vargottama planet

Post by matmazel38 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:14 am

As far as I know, jupiter is vargottama planet  being in same signs ( in Aquarius ) in Rashi and Navamsa charts. But Aquarius is an enemy sign for jupiter placement, so what are the effects of this feature for jupiter in my chart ?

09.Nov.1974, Ankara, Turkey, 13:00 pm

Regards

vivekvshetty

Vargottama gives fame.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:17 pm

Planet becoming vargottama gives fame in its related feild.
Jupiter gives intelligence (Dhi) and it is a blessing from Vishnu because of Kumbha.

vivek

matmazel38

Vargottama planet

Post by matmazel38 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:04 pm

Thank you for your reply, but about its effects when it is in  debilitation, like in Aquarius sign. Then what happens ?

Regards

vivekvshetty

Jupiter gets debilitated in Kumbha?

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:57 pm

Hi!
Where did you learn that Jupiter gets neecha in Kumbha?

Guru gets Neecha in Makara (Capricorn) where Dharma (Yamaraj) falls and is punished.

As for now remember what i have said and dont try to read anything more.

Brush up your basics of Jyotish.

vivek.

astrobhadauria

Re: Jupiter gets debilitated in Kumbha?

Post by astrobhadauria » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:20 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:Hi!
Where did you learn that Jupiter gets neecha in Kumbha?

Guru gets Neecha in Makara (Capricorn) where Dharma (Yamaraj) falls and is punished.

As for now remember what i have said and dont try to read anything more.

Brush up your basics of Jyotish.

vivek.
In 11th house,Jupiter alway give the Right of Helps by unknown feelings.
Good person want to make good everywhere.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Vargottama planet

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:42 am

[quote="matmazel38"]As far as I know, jupiter is vargottama planet  being in same signs ( in Aquarius ) in Rashi and Navamsa charts. But Aquarius is an enemy sign for jupiter placement, so what are the effects of this feature for jupiter in my chart ?

09.Nov.1974, Ankara, Turkey, 13:00 pm

Regards[/quote]

The problem with this kind of 'dissected' approach is that one can lose track of things. Although vargottama planets are stated to be equal in strength as swagrahi planets (jupiter in your example will be similar to it being in sagittarius) -- this must not be applied too literally! Being in the same sign, strengthens jupiter in the sense that the traits/nature of whatever jupiter represents in the chart arrive in double dose.

That said, I think one needs to read a bit more in between lines, given the pithy, concise statements in classics. I personally think that the double dose does not make the planet stronger in strength, but does make its qualities stronger -- I hope you can differentiate the two. It is the difference between aggressive and distinctive, clearer pattern as opposed to stronger pattern!

In the make up of a person with a vargottama jupiter there would be a stronger or more distinct expressions, experiences and opportunities for jupiter-related roles in life. Jupiter represents one who leads by example, like a teacher, father, elder brother, priest, judge, leader, one who plays a role in binding a group or organization and ofcourse jupiter deals with finances.

The ultimate strength would need to be looked at from the shadbala, which many individuals do not pay attention to sadly. One may get very happy at seeing an exalted planet in the tenth house, but if it does not have strength, the fructification of the promise may not come about.

So you see, there are many layers of analysis and synthesis required (and I covered only a bare few here) before one can get to the point where one can begin to seek: What does xyz factor/combination really mean in a given case.

Some people sadly have this magical belief that certain combinations and placements always bring about an effect and often it is based on a few charts where the thing really happened. Invariably as one test the principle in more examples, the solidity of the principle begins to weaken. This must be seen in several cases and then one moves to the next phase of astrology -- the wholistic one where there is interplay between planets, between signs, between vargas, nakshatras, padas and so on.

It is like looking at the same photo, same jpeg but moving from an 8-bit version to 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 1024 bit/colour versions. Does that make sense?

RR

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:28 am

In the 11th House the Jupiter is alone like a coconut tree,this house is the permanent house of Saturn,also this house is the court of life,in this house Jupiter will not make law full results.means the fruit will bad.On the last time of life,there are nothing with person,and totally depends to others.Death is not good,If he make helps to others,and make good to others,make faith in religion,and if that person will make work within his or her society,then Jupiter of 11th house will make some good results,Whenever father of that person will live,there are not any bad results with him.and after death of his or her father,he or she will live alone in world,there are not any helps from others,after death of his or her father,luck damage.
If Jupiter in 11th and Mercury in 3rd,that means he or she always live with credits,Jupiter and Mercury both having connectivity in trikona,and both are enemy.
Good person want to make good everywhere.

matmazel38

shad balas of planets

Post by matmazel38 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:25 am

In my chart, shad balas of planets are as follows:

Sun: 434.56
Moon: 385.37
Mars: 279.57
Mercury: 477.85
Jupiter: 453.71
Venus: 343.23
Saturn: 345.25

So, what do all these mean, venus is a yogakaraka planet in my chart, also in exaltation in 10th house, but it is weak, what will happen then ?

09.Nov.1974, 13:00 pm, Ankara, Turkey

Regards

Rohiniranjan

Re: shad balas of planets

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:19 pm

Bite the bullet, as the saying goes, invest in Brihat Parashara Hora shastra (English translation by GC sharma) and you will never have to ask these questions on the quality uncontrolled WWW and get fifteen different answers ;-)

RR

[quote="matmazel38"]In my chart, shad balas of planets are as follows:

Sun: 434.56
Moon: 385.37
Mars: 279.57
Mercury: 477.85
Jupiter: 453.71
Venus: 343.23
Saturn: 345.25

So, what do all these mean, venus is a yogakaraka planet in my chart, also in exaltation in 10th house, but it is weak, what will happen then ?

09.Nov.1974, 13:00 pm, Ankara, Turkey

Regards[/quote]

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:54 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
Although vargottama planets are stated to be equal in strength as swagrahi planets (jupiter in your example will be similar to it being in sagittarius) -- this must not be applied too literally! Being in the same sign, strengthens jupiter in the sense that the traits/nature of whatever jupiter represents in the chart arrive in double dose.

That said, I think one needs to read a bit more in between lines, given the pithy, concise statements in classics. I personally think that the double dose does not make the planet stronger in strength, but does make its qualities stronger -- I hope you can differentiate the two. It is the difference between aggressive and distinctive, clearer pattern as opposed to stronger pattern!

RR
that makes a lot of sense....
however, can u please explain, wht exactly u mean when u say that "it makes the qualities stronger", when u say qualities here, wht are u implying....

regards
sahil

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:00 am

The gunas obviously!

RR

[quote="arian_1c"][quote="rohiniranjan"]

Although vargottama planets are stated to be equal in strength as swagrahi planets (jupiter in your example will be similar to it being in sagittarius) -- this must not be applied too literally! [u][b]Being in the same sign, strengthens jupiter in the sense that the traits/nature of whatever jupiter represents in the chart arrive in double dose.[/b][/u]

RR[/quote]

that makes a lot of sense....
however, can u please explain, wht exactly u mean when u say that "it makes the qualities stronger", when u say qualities here, wht are u implying....

regards
sahil[/quote]

arian_1c

re:

Post by arian_1c » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:13 am

oh so, its just the intensity u r talking abt ....
so wud that mean(i just wanna get it right), that the native will have relatively stronger influence(no matter good or bad) of a vargottama planet

regards
sahil

Rohiniranjan

Re: re:

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:39 am

No Sahil, intensity is not guna, it is quantity! Like I said: quality!

RR

[quote="arian_1c"]oh so, its just the intensity u r talking abt ....
so wud that mean(i just wanna get it right), that the native will have relatively stronger influence(no matter good or bad) of a vargottama planet

regards
sahil[/quote]

arian_1c

re:

Post by arian_1c » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:37 am

right....now its clear ...crystal
thanks a lot rr ji

regards
sahil

abhayr

Post by abhayr » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:08 pm

hi all,
      i would like to know if rahu is vargottam then which field are related to rahu which will give good returns during its dasa? i mean what will be the consequences?
eg: birth day 15-02-1977, birth time 10:30am, birth place mumbai.
thank you
abhay

Return to “Vedic Astrology”