My First Question

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RajeevSharma

My First Question

Post by RajeevSharma » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:37 am

Phaladeepika very clearly says that a planet may be in its exaltation sign or any other good sign (it may be its own or a friendly planet's sign) but if it is in the first or the last degree of a sign (i.e. in rashi sandhi  from 0 deg 00 min to 0 deg 59 min or from 29 deg 01 min to 30 deg 00 min) it is regarded powerless...

I also read some where else that the most effective point (MEP) in a horoscope is five degrees on either side of the degree of the lagna... e.g. if lagna is 15 degrees then the planets (anywhere in the chart) having long. between 10 deg to 20 deg will be most effective in exerting there influence...

My question is IF LAGNA IS IN THE FIRST DEGREE (e.g. 0 deg 30 min) THEN THE RULE OF A PLANETS BEING POWERLESS IN THE RASHI SANDHI APPLIES OR NOT... becuse in this case the rashi sandhi comes within the "most effective point" of the horoscope..

please answer...

Rohiniranjan

Re: My First Question

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:59 am

Dear Rajeev,

For your benefit, I would suggest that you should test these tenets on a testbed of charts of individuals you know and those who would be willing to share their details, in confidence.

If you do not do that, consistently, and take the easy path of asking around, you will end up with so many opinions on even basic and simple considerations that you will either end up confused or will quit astrology and then bad mouth it out of frustration!

I am not sure if my postings on astrology and its Newtonian and Quantum perspectives has rolled off but what you are asking falls within that consideration!

I am sure you are wise and mature enough to carry on the exploration on your own. If not, you should not be wandering in this jungle that astrology has become ;-)

Too many tribes!!

RR

[quote="RajeevSharma"][color=darkred]Phaladeepika very clearly says that a planet may be in its exaltation sign or any other good sign (it may be its own or a friendly planet's sign) but if it is in the first or the last degree of a sign (i.e. in rashi sandhi  from 0 deg 00 min to 0 deg 59 min or from 29 deg 01 min to 30 deg 00 min) it is regarded powerless...

I also read some where else that the most effective point (MEP) in a horoscope is five degrees on either side of the degree of the lagna... e.g. if lagna is 15 degrees then the planets (anywhere in the chart) having long. between 10 deg to 20 deg will be most effective in exerting there influence...

My question is [i]IF LAGNA IS IN THE FIRST DEGREE (e.g. 0 deg 30 min) THEN THE RULE OF A PLANETS BEING POWERLESS IN THE RASHI SANDHI APPLIES OR NOT... becuse in this case the rashi sandhi comes within the "most effective point" of the horoscope..[/i]

please answer...[/color][/quote]

Return to “Vedic Astrology”