prasna on prasna!!!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

arian_1c

prasna on prasna!!!

Post by arian_1c » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:00 pm

hi everybody,

i live in london and at times i get calls from elsewhere requesting for a prasna.

Now, for instance, I get a call from India, and am requested for a prasna, I make the chart with london as the place. I've had fairly good results with this, but then again, my body of work on this is not good enough to make an opinion. I am really confused as to what place should I use, the place and time of the person who puts the question or, the place and time of the person who is being asked the question(me in this case)

i would request for you to share your opinions and tell me of any documentation about this.

regards to all
sahil

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:52 am

According to B V Raman, as I remember studying his book on Prasna Marg, a detailed explanation is given  which place to considered. If the place of caller is available at the time of prasna, it should be that place and not the place where the astrologer sits and cast the horoscope. The time should be the time when the questioner puts the question and not the time where Astrology is present. For detailed study on this you can buy the two volumes of Sri B V RAMAN  book on Prasna Marg , which give detailed information and procedures of the Prasna sastra

arian_1c

re:

Post by arian_1c » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:01 am

thanks govardhan ji,
i will look into it asap...
does he also gives any reason for this, or, what do u think about it...
have u read any other reason for this anwhere..

regards
sahil

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:21 am

That book is very exhaustive and give all that you need and it leaves no stone unturned to answer any query. Great book to possess

Rohiniranjan

Re: prasna on prasna!!!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:16 pm

Sahil,

The ONLY critical thing in a prashna analysis is the seriousness and sincerity of the query. That alone makes or breaks the case!

Given that essential, the question when it arises in the mind of the client is like the moment of conception. When it is conveyed to and understood by the astrologer, it becomes like the moment of birth.

I forget the source (possibly KP) of this but in a prashna chart, the first house is taken as the astrologer and the 7th as the person who is asking the question.

RR

[quote="arian_1c"]hi everybody,

i live in london and at times i get calls from elsewhere requesting for a prasna.

Now, for instance, I get a call from India, and am requested for a prasna, I make the chart with london as the place. I've had fairly good results with this, but then again, my body of work on this is not good enough to make an opinion. I am really confused as to what place should I use, the place and time of the person who puts the question or, the place and time of the person who is being asked the question(me in this case)

i would request for you to share your opinions and tell me of any documentation about this.

regards to all
sahil[/quote]

Return to “Vedic Astrology”