Astrology and money for it

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Raman Deep Singh

Astrology and money for it

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:28 pm

Hi everyone,
This is question is playing on my mind for long time . i have heard lots off views about it but i am not sure which one to really believe in.

Should we charge money for astrology or for looking at anyone's horoscope...

It is believed that there is a curse by Sita ji if any one ask for money for astrology....

There is one conversation between vaughn paul and K.N.Rao (where as far as i remember) K.N.Rao ji said - money shudnt be charged for astrology but he said yes to Vaughn Paul coz it is fin coz he practices in USA and in USA everything worths money..

Please comment....I am sure few members can cum up with really good   facts :smt003 .

Thanking you
Raman

RajeevSharma

Post by RajeevSharma » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:08 am

i think money SHOULD BE charged wheather u r a professional astrologer or an amateur .. how much depends on your preference...

i m not a professional astrologer.. it s a passion for me and i study it cos i like it.. i study the charts of ppl who r known to me and offer them suitable vedic remedies..like mantra japa etc. .... though these ppl r known to me.. i still charge them.. my fee is Rs. 11(eleven).. (earlier i used to charge one rupee.. but the rising inflation has forced me to hike my fees)

the reason is... i believe when when you offer remedy to certain planet you in a way activate it... and if the other person doesn't do the remedy it might cause harm to your self.. by charging a token amount u free your self from that obligation because then u ve offered ur service for money...

i think if u r a professional u can better decide ur consultation fee yourself.. but if u r an amateur you should charge that what should be just a token amount

i would also like to know what other members of this board think about this

Milind

Post by Milind » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:25 pm

Personally I agrre with you Raman !!! I don't charge for it.

If someone forces to give Money... I tell him to Donate anywhere..Temple or Blinds or Mentally Handicapped or Orphans !!!

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:37 pm

Hi Rajeev and Milind,
Thank you for ur views.Though i more agree with milind and i do the same myself.But views expressed by Rajeev is sumthing i have heard of alot and i find it quite logical and believable also.
infact i have learnt this also that by taking money u r reducing the weight of KARMA on urself that is u dnt end up increasing or decreasing feeling for urself and obligation on any1 if you charge them any amount of money, u end up reducing ur obligation and  thus ur karma........

It will be great if sum1 cumes up with approach with more of a proof from vedas... i am sure this must have been mentioned in vedas..Please present watever views u have got ....

Thanking You
Raman

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:49 am

Dear,
There are six ways to follow the Vedas.
1.Education (Shiksha) which follows the Bhasha,introducing Akshara,Matra,Swara Vyanjana and speking knowledge etc.
2.Kalpa (Techincal path) related to method start with topics and making knowledges of relations with writers etc.
3.Grammar (Vyakarana) which make knowledge of nature,and accurate meanings of word.
4.Nirukta (Theory) writing to mind by reading and making sense by the hearing,the topic.
5.Chanda (Method of Speeches) every talk has three ways to speak,first is positive talk,second is negative talk,and third is no positive and no negative.
6.Astrology (Jyotish) giving sense to start the topic,and indication of time to start for the topic.

Jyotisha (Astrology) like education,if there are a meaning of giving helps to any person related to body troubles,related to giving sense of life and death,and giving path to go in religious ways,it is like free for all,and it will give a values of a saint.Stars beat mind and mind beat body,body beat physical achievements,mind and body related to nature,if any person gives free knowledge related to first two parts like mind and body,that is good,and after giving first knowledge,if there are any Lobha related to physical achievements then Astrology is chargeable,like education.
First topic of Vedas is Education,and primary education free from mother and father,family members etc.there are a satisfaction to all members.and after going in schools or collages the education is chargeable.
Second topic of Vedas is kalpa,technical knowledge for living,if any student want to make  take more technical knowledge through world,then there are thousand of charges related to grand knowledge.
Nirukta also describes for the charges,like making Phed.etc in related subjects.
If all the subjects are chargeable in the Vedas,then how only Jyotish is free? it is free up to knowledge of name of day,name of months,name of years,and the knowledge of stars etc.It is primary knowledge,if there are requirement of reading,and he or she is not able to understand the meanings of effects of Stars,and always busy in the psychical,gains,and only he or she think about money,there are not values of humanity,there are not mind  in  any relations,then astrology always chargeable.

RajeevSharma

Post by RajeevSharma » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:09 am

i fully agree with the views of mr. bhadauria.. giving a primary knowledge should be free but the offering remedy should be charged.. havent we all heard of the practice of gurudakishna in vedic times.. didnt lord RAM and lord KRISHAN pay gurudakshina.. and who can forget the story of Eklavya.. if u cant ask a person money .. u can ask him to perform some work (even if it is asking for a glass of water) for you

Milind

Post by Milind » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:25 pm

Its upto Personal Descrition !!!

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:03 pm

Definetely Milind its fully a presoneel matter but i am looking for more reasonable reason.It always is helpful to add to your knowledge and arguments

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:44 pm

Dear
From the age of 13th I am seeing in the astrological field,there are more tensions and more troubles only for the not religious persons,after making own world and own regulations there are heavy burdens in life,and it is the results of going opposite from "Religions and faith,if any person not want to make good respects to others and,want more prosperity,it is impossible after making own regulations.
Also I feel,the most important in life the values of mother and father,if anybody not making care of them,and always busy in the wines and women,that means always be in troubles.If We not make charges from him,it means we give support to him.

hemal_bhach

Re: Astrology and money for it

Post by hemal_bhach » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:26 am

Well,

The astology as a knowledge is said to have come from maharshi Parashar and this knowledge was imparted to Brahmins predict the future and life in general.

During those days, Brahmins who were profound learned people found problems in earning their livelihood and pulling their family lives, whereas others who were into trade, business and even services were doing well. So , it is said that the Brahmins were given this knowledge to charge and earn for their livelihood by solving the problems, using this knowledge. Therefore my view is  that if one is confident of his knowledge and needy[like retired people, or jobless or similar types], should charge money, but if it is a hobby, and not really sure of what is predicted would really work, then should not charge.

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hi everyone,
This is question is playing on my mind for long time . i have heard lots off views about it but i am not sure which one to really believe in.

Should we charge money for astrology or for looking at anyone's horoscope...

It is believed that there is a curse by Sita ji if any one ask for money for astrology....

There is one conversation between vaughn paul and K.N.Rao (where as far as i remember) K.N.Rao ji said - money shudnt be charged for astrology but he said yes to Vaughn Paul coz it is fin coz he practices in USA and in USA everything worths money..

Please comment....I am sure few members can cum up with really good   facts :smt003 .

Thanking you
Raman

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:49 pm

that is very well put hemal, makes a lot of sense.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”