Jupiter powerless in capricorn.

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

dhana yoga

Jupiter powerless in capricorn.

Post by dhana yoga » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:50 pm

Jupiter is considered powerless in capricorn but if it receives the aspect of sign dipositor saturn then wat will happen?

U answer that.

Milind

Post by Milind » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:00 pm

Could you pls elaborate what you really want to say with some examples....

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:08 pm

dhana yoga

The answer is simple. Look at this way. When can depositor saturn aspect Jupiter in makara. It is only when it placed in Aries, Cancer or in Scorpio. When Saturn is placed in Aires, it is fourth house to makara, where jupiter is placed , which is also debilitation sign for Jupiter and there arises a Neecha Bhanga Rajayoga cancelling each other debilitation. So the  result would be that of Raja yoga and with other planetary position being good and no other negative yoga like kemudruma yoga, then certainly the person would enjoy good benefits in life and live like a king. Now I leave the rest of the two position of Saturn for you to comment to further the argument, that is when Saturn is placed in Cancer and When Saturn in Scorpio.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Hi

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:13 pm

Jupiter is considered powerless in capricorn but if it receives the aspect of sign dipositor saturn then wat will happen?

Govardhant very correctly explained the thing precisely. Again Saturns infuence on Jupiter is never a happy one. It is the aspect of a disturbed Saturn,when Jupiter is in Capricorn and Saturn aspects it. Saturn is unhappy in Aries. Cancer and Scorpio. Jupiter in Dhana karak and Saturn's apect would always be a hindrance to finance.
This combination in very good horoscopes, even had this problem. Sometimes the spouse was more richer. The good thing being that there were enough riches for the native to enjoy.
The common thing of this combination is that the person turned spiritual, unless this combination was vitiated by the presence of spiritually negative planets.

Without the knowledge of the  position of lagna and other planets, I can assume the following:
Saturs aspect from Moon would create a distance between the spouse. From Aries  and Capricorn, in short, would lead the native to be of a reckless type in the younger ages and spiritual in the later years, but the native would not believe in God the usual ways that the general others would do.
Any insights o further insights.

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:57 pm

If Jupiter in 10th House One is well mannered, of independent thinking, thoughtful, prudent, judicious and truthful. One performs pious deeds and is a pious soul, saintly, happy, knowledgeable about shastras and fond of astrology. One's fame will be unexcelled and others will not be as famous. One's valor and fame will exceed that of one's father and grand father. One will attain success in the beginning of one's work. One may recite the Gita, be capable, famous and respected by many persons. One will be devoted to one's parents and one's father's favorite. One will gain from land and one's house will be ornamented by jewels. One will have excellent vehicles. One will attain a lot of wealth. One will be prosperous, wealthy and happy. One will have beautiful clothes and ornaments. One will get wealth from one's brother. One will be blessed with a spouse and a son. One's health will be mediocre. Many people will eat in one's household. One will think about one's life after death. The native may be a tradesperson, judge or an exporter.One may perform yagyas.There are many children.
If Rahu,Ketu,and Saturn give bad effects to Jupiter,like Rahu from 8th House,Saturn from 1st house,ketu from 2nd house One may be deprived of plenty of happiness from children. One's sons may be wicked and thus cause unhappiness to one.There may be obstacles at work, ill deeds are done and journeys are not beneficial.Inauspicious results are felt.       One's father may expire in the sixteenth or twenty fourth year, the father and son may not have simultaneous good fortune, debts may be incurred, one may be imprisoned, daily expenses may be a problem, the father's earnings may not bring satisfaction and there may be defame.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:41 pm

Though out of context, but a new line:
Jupiter in tenth house makes the native either pious or very egoisticalor vicefull(bad aspects) in general. He does good karmas towards his chidren -IN SHORT.
Plus minuses also depend on position from moon.

Any leads please. This forum is meant for people to join. This is not a contest. It is a brainstrorminf for the upliftment of this science.
RishiRahul

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:57 am

RishiRahul wrote: This forum is meant for people to join. This is not a contest. It is a brainstrorminf for the upliftment of this science.
RishiRahul
Dear
Astrology is the study of the effects of planetary forces upon man. It is not fortune telling. It is one of the best methods for man to learn about who he is, where he came from and where he is going. Astrology reveals CHARACTER and character is destiny. Astrology shows nothing but tendencies. A man can rule his stars by exerting his will. Remember that good or so-called evil configurations are not the result of chance or luck, but are the product of our own past acts. The stars IMPEL but do not COMPEL.
Ramendra
Jaipur

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:46 pm

Dear
Astrology is the study of the effects of planetary forces upon man. It is not fortune telling. It is one of the best methods for man to learn about who he is, where he came from and where he is going. Astrology reveals CHARACTER and character is destiny. Astrology shows nothing but tendencies. A man can rule his stars by exerting his will. Remember that good or so-called evil configurations are not the result of chance or luck, but are the product of our own past acts. The stars IMPEL but do not COMPEL.
Ramendra
Jaipur[/quote]

Very accurately  said: Astrology and Palmistry reveals Character, and Character is Destiny. But can we ever rule over the stars?

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:16 pm

Dear,
If we have knowledge of ruling like a human we can rule on "Stars",it is 100% true.
Think in mind-
Mother is Moon and water in body,Sun is Body and indicating cast, bones etc.,Mars is blood,and physical world like a brother,Mercury is veins,and physical world like,sister,daughter,Jupiter is father,and in body is head of knowledge,Venus is life partner,Saturn is body guard,save body by the rain,cold and by heat,in body like skin,hairs,Rahu is trouble,fears,education and learning idea,physical father of life partner,ketu is Supporter,and give idea to find and make works,and in physical son of sister,brother of life partner,nephew in maternal home,also we can say in Hindi kahawat-Sasural mai Janwai Kutta,Bahin ke ghar bhaai kutta,and mama ke ghar bhanja kutta.
Ramendra
Jaipur

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:46 pm

astrobhadauria wrote:Dear,
If we have knowledge of ruling like a human we can rule on "Stars",it is 100% true.
Think in mind-
Mother is Moon and water in body,Sun is Body and indicating cast, bones etc.,Mars is blood,and physical world like a brother,Mercury is veins,and physical world like,sister,daughter,Jupiter is father,and in body is head of knowledge,Venus is life partner,Saturn is body guard,save body by the rain,cold and by heat,in body like skin,hairs,Rahu is trouble,fears,education and learning idea,physical father of life partner,ketu is Supporter,and give idea to find and make works,and in physical son of sister,brother of life partner,nephew in maternal home,also we can say in Hindi kahawat-Sasural mai Janwai Kutta,Bahin ke ghar bhaai kutta,and mama ke ghar bhanja kutta.
Ramendra

Jaipur
Astrobhaduriaji,
You say that -If we have a knowledge of ruling like a human we can rule on Stars. - is not very clear. I could not understand. Will you please explain?
Our Gods had knwledge like Gods, but even they could nt rule over Stars.
RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Shadbala translated means <<SIX>> sources of strength!!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:31 am

Dear RishiRahul (RR!),

I am glad you found the answer that you were looking for and could resonate to ;-) -- but let me introduce a wrinkle, if I may! I hope I am not being a SD (I better not write it out fully as it may be considered too graphic for this forum!).

When a question is asked, one must first examine the question. Is it even valid? Is it questioning something that is actually true or real? Then we begin to look around for the answer.

Your question has an obvious flaw! Your question assumes that jupiter in capricorn would be powerless because it is neecha. This is when the reader must re-examine the changed header of this message :-))

If uchchabala, and often we see in published writings and on internet even by accepted and otherwise experienced and wise astrologers, were the only criterion to call a planet powerful or powerless, should it not be called just BALA or ekabala or unibala rather than shadbala?

The answer lies in a study of a large number of charts using a software (these are lazy times :-( &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ) that shows just the chart and a graphic or numerical representation of the shadbala, preferably in details and to pay attention to the different components of strength and not just the obvious! The obvious being:
> Uccha, neecha position
> swagrahi or moolatrikona
> friendly/inimical disposition (more difficult for most than you would care to believe!)
> Digbala

and if most of you can seriously vouch that you consider even these fragments of the BALA scheme in each and every chart that you study, then THIS question would never get asked :-))

A few decades ago, I realized this tendency in many jyotishis, young and restless as well as wizened and slow! Hence I delved into this and wrote an article and a follow-up letter to the editor way back in the last throes of 70s which got published in The Astrological Magazine, Bangalore. The article examined four sources of strength (better than just ONE source of strength, I hope!) and a fifth resultant which actually was better described in the follow up letter published in A.M.

EX DI KE MT

were the four sources that I found useful, even though not complete, but way better than just EX, the subject of this long meandering thread!

Rohiniranjan (also RR)

[quote="RishiRahul"]Jupiter is considered powerless in capricorn but if it receives the aspect of sign dipositor saturn then wat will happen?

Govardhant very correctly explained the thing precisely. Again Saturns infuence on Jupiter is never a happy one. It is the aspect of a disturbed Saturn,when Jupiter is in Capricorn and Saturn aspects it. Saturn is unhappy in Aries. Cancer and Scorpio. Jupiter in Dhana karak and Saturn's apect would always be a hindrance to finance.
This combination in very good horoscopes, even had this problem. Sometimes the spouse was more richer. The good thing being that there were enough riches for the native to enjoy.
The common thing of this combination is that the person turned spiritual, unless this combination was vitiated by the presence of spiritually negative planets.

Without the knowledge of the  position of lagna and other planets, I can assume the following:
Saturs aspect from Moon would create a distance between the spouse. From Aries  and Capricorn, in short, would lead the native to be of a reckless type in the younger ages and spiritual in the later years, but the native would not believe in God the usual ways that the general others would do.
Any insights o further insights.[/quote]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Respected Sir

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:03 pm

Rohiniranjan

Dear Rohiranjan,
&#9658;I could not follow things like (1) &#8216;RR&#8217; and (2) &#8216;SD&#8217; and (3) &#8216;The answer I was looking for&#8217;.
Could you please explain for my understanding?

I went thru your website yesterday, which I came across while seeing your blog. You really write well and are a wonderful writer and very imaginative about astrology too. I remember reading your articles in the astrological magazine. &nbsp;I feel honored to get the opportunity to communicate with you, as I am nowhere close to your mastery in your subjects.

&#9658;Yes, in horary astrology we are supposed to read the question from the moon. I am glad you agree with me. Probably we could post such a topic in the horary forum.

&#9658;Probably you misunderstood me in thinking that I had posed a question. I merely agreed with what Govardhant said regarding the fact and went on further to give my analysis of Jupiter debilitated in Capricorn and inspected by Saturn.
It would be enlightening for me and, I am sure, to the forum too if you share your insights on this issue with us.

&#9658;Speaking of Shadbala, I really do not understand what you meant. Sir, as It will not be easy for to get the old issue of the Astrological magazine, if you would be kind enough to share with us the way to measure the FOUR FOLD method of measuring Balas.

Thanking you in anticipation,
RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: Respected Sir

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:17 pm

Since this quote is long, my answers are interspersed:

[quote="RishiRahul"]Rohiniranjan

Dear Rohiranjan,
&#9658;I could not follow things like (1) ‘RR’ and (2) ‘SD’ and (3) ‘The answer I was looking for’.
Could you please explain for my understanding?
RR: You and I both have the same initials/acronym = RR (nothing mysterious or mystical there :-) &nbsp;-- I just like to use short versions of names since it tends to keep ego under check! Regarding SD, I can assure you that I did not mean Sidereal Day! Let us leave that at that ;-)

<snip> I went thru your website <snip>
RR: thanks but irrelevant hence snipped.

&#9658;Yes, in horary astrology we are supposed to read the question from the moon. I am glad you agree with me. Probably we could post such a topic in the horary forum.
RR: Not sure where you got that sense of consent from! It is true that moon has been taken as surrogate lagna (in natal), but in the case of horary that need should not arise since you have the accurate time. You can use moon to determine certain things in horary but it is not a primary factor. I will look forward to 'your' writings on the horary forum. I do not have any intentions of writing on that topic there at this time.

&#9658;Probably you misunderstood me in thinking that I had posed a question. I merely agreed with what Govardhant said regarding the fact and went on further to give my analysis of Jupiter debilitated in Capricorn and inspected by Saturn.

RR: Maybe I did. Without the specific reference hard to comment upon. And this forum is not the easiest to navigate a thread due to the sequential listing of emails. Hard to tell which email is responding to which seed.

It would be enlightening for me and, I am sure, to the forum too if you share your insights on this issue with us.

RR: I will try.

&#9658;Speaking of Shadbala, I really do not understand what you meant. Sir, as It will not be easy for to get the old issue of the Astrological magazine, if you would be kind enough to share with us the way to measure the FOUR FOLD method of measuring Balas.
RR: EXaltation, KEndra, MoolaTrikonadi, DIrectional (dig) bala. Basic astrology-101 stuff, nothing fancy. It is all elaborated in the jyotishvani cd that I offered earlier and am expanding for commercial distribution. No final date set at this time.

Thanking you in anticipation,
RishiRahul[/quote]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

RohiniRanjanji

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:27 pm

Thanks for the claifications.
RishiRahul

hemal_bhach

Re: Jupiter powerless in capricorn.

Post by hemal_bhach » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:04 am

dhana yoga wrote:Jupiter is considered powerless in capricorn but if it receives the aspect of sign dipositor saturn then wat will happen?

U answer that.
Juptier is ofcoarse powerless in capricon and does not really become powerful if there is an aspect of saturn on it But Jupiter and saturn together in a house tend to give good result. &nbsp;Saturnian tendency is to bow against lord jupiter and renounce its malefic nature. &nbsp;So probably saturnian aspect &nbsp;would tend to be less malefied, and give better results of that house where jupiter is placed in capricon.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”