Does rahu and ketu really exist ?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

JAIDEEP

Does rahu and ketu really exist ?

Post by JAIDEEP » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:23 pm

NO
Last edited by JAIDEEP on Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Does rahu and ketu really exist ?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:36 am

Jaideep,

YOU ASK SUCH BEAUTIFUL QUESTIONS! All of those have been answered many many times, by more than one individual! If you are serious, I would request you to keep searching, as opposed to asking and when you come upon the answers (JAI GOOGLE! JAI ALTAVISTA!), you would join us all in spreading the truth through your personal knowledge and direct experience ;-)

RR

[quote="JAIDEEP"]I am learning vedic astrology since last 9 months and really confused about existance of rahu and ketu.

Following doubts came into my mind :

1)Why only moon has nodal points unlike other planets ?

2)When moon is running straight, how they are retrogading ?

3)The story of rahu devil and ketu devil drinking amrut seems so fake and negative.

4)Prasara mentioned decreasing moon as a malefic which may be misinterpreted as rahu and ketu.

5)Prasara can be wrong in this matter.

6)Exaltation and debaliation of rahu and ketu must be same as of a moon which is not the case.

7)Many western astrologers has not still accepted existance and use of rahu and ketu in astrology.[/quote]

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:53 pm

puranas are only stories for a layman who cant understand complicated issues

sun and moon are named as prataksha karma grahas - who are witnesses of all our karmas and results of all these karmas are given back both by them and shadows of moon and earth(who is also a witness of our karma)

9 planets are only representatives of karma

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:56 pm

Then there are those accepted geniuses that signed a petition some decades ago who declared that entire astrology is a product of superstition (186 nobel laureates!).

These are just shades of elitist attitudes, Phantom, sometimes one portrays himself as someone who is higher than laypersons and in the second moment is himself being called by another being as a superstitious individual.

These are all personal opinions and all mistaken perceptions! Who really knows what Karma is truly, other than the Kreator!

RR

[quote="Phantom"]puranas are only stories for a layman who cant understand complicated issues

sun and moon are named as prataksha karma grahas - who are witnesses of all our karmas and results of all these karmas are given back both by them and shadows of moon and earth(who is also a witness of our karma)

9 planets are only representatives of karma[/quote]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:01 pm

Probably it has moved from the 'astrology reading forum' to the 'astrology forum'.

I think it is justified.
RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:08 am

I AGREE -- infantile tantrums notwithstanding!

RR

[quote="RishiRahul"]Probably it has moved from the 'astrology reading forum' to the 'astrology forum'.

I think it is justified.
RishiRahul[/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi Jaideep,

What was your querry about again and where did it get moved from to where?

With so many posts, each more interesting than the last one, it is hard to keep track of things.

Thanks

RR

[quote="JAIDEEP"]WHEN RISHIRAHUL GIVES HALF PREDICTIONS AND THEN ASKS TO VISIT HIS SITE FOR NO REASON, IT GETS ALLOWED AND WHEN I ASKED A GENUINE QUERY IT GET MOVED ?
I WILL NEVER ALLOW THIS AND FORGIVE THIS.[/quote]

arian_1c

Re:

Post by arian_1c » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:36 pm

Jaideep,
This thread is about discussion... not related to your personal chart.
It was moved from the Vedic Astrology Reading Section to Vedic Astrology(discussion) section to encourage more involvement from others...
The Vedic Astrology Reading Section has a shadow topic which takes you to the main topic.... and if you've had so many problems finding the topic how come you're posting so much in the thread...
We've people from all walks of life here on this forum and the only thing that is expected from them is to be civil in their behaviour.
I can see you've a lot of problems with our community here... thanks for stopping by...

JAIDEEP

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Post by JAIDEEP » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:22 pm

NOT SATISFIED
Last edited by JAIDEEP on Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAIDEEP

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Post by JAIDEEP » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:23 pm

I DON'T WANT TO BE PART OF THIS SITE ANYMORE.FOLLOWING ARE THE REASONS:

1)I DID NOT LEARN ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE.
2)I SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE TO SOME OF THE UNDESERVING MEMBERS.
3)I FEEL THAT MY TIME IS WASTED.
4)MY POST ON GREATNESS OF VEDIC ASTROLOGY OVER WESTERN ASTROLOGY WAS SENT TO JAIL THREAD WHICH WAS NOT TOLERABLE AS I HAVE WRITTEN THE TRUTH.
5)MY POST ON EXISTENCE OF RAHU AND KETU WAS MOVED TO VEDIC ASTROLOGY SECTION WHICH WAS NOT REQUIRED AS MOST OF THE MEMBERS VISIT VEDIC ASTROLOGY READING FORUM AND EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT RAHU AND KETU.OTHER POSTS ARE ALSO MOVED WHICH COULN'T GET MORE VIEWS OR REPLIES.THIS STRATERGY IS VAGUE AND UNPREOFESSIONAL.
6)SOME OF THE EXPERTS PRAISE THEMSELVES FOR NO REASON.SOME GIVE HALF PREDICTIONS AND THEN ASKS TO VISIT THEIR OWN SITE FOR INCOME GENERATION, THEN IT IS NOT A FREE READING SITE.
7)ASKING DONATIONS FROM QUERISTS IS A STUPIDITY.
8)MODERATORS GIVES NO MOTIVATION TO EXPERTS WHO GIVE THEIR VALUABLE TIME TO ANSWER THE QUERIES SELFLESSLY.
9)FAIR CRITICISM IS NOT ACCEPTED SO THIS SITE WILL NOT IMPROVE.
JRM

Vishwas
Site Admin

Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Post by Vishwas » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:24 pm

JAIDEEP wrote:I DON'T WANT TO BE PART OF THIS SITE ANYMORE.FOLLOWING ARE THE REASONS:

4)MY POST ON GREATNESS OF VEDIC ASTROLOGY OVER WESTERN ASTROLOGY WAS SENT TO JAIL THREAD WHICH WAS NOT TOLERABLE AS I HAVE WRITTEN THE TRUTH.
5)MY POST ON EXISTENCE OF RAHU AND KETU WAS MOVED TO VEDIC ASTROLOGY SECTION WHICH WAS NOT REQUIRED AS MOST OF THE MEMBERS VISIT VEDIC ASTROLOGY READING FORUM AND EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT RAHU AND KETU.OTHER POSTS ARE ALSO MOVED WHICH COULN'T GET MORE VIEWS OR REPLIES.THIS STRATERGY IS VAGUE AND UNPREOFESSIONAL.
6)SOME OF THE EXPERTS PRAISE THEMSELVES FOR NO REASON.SOME GIVE HALF PREDICTIONS AND THEN ASKS TO VISIT THEIR OWN SITE FOR INCOME GENERATION, THEN IT IS NOT A FREE READING SITE.
8)MODERATORS GIVES NO MOTIVATION TO EXPERTS WHO GIVE THEIR VALUABLE TIME TO ANSWER THE QUERIES SELFLESSLY.

Hello Jaideep,

I saw this as one of ur latest post, & was compelled to reply to u.

I DON'T WANT TO BE PART OF THIS SITE ANYMORE.FOLLOWING ARE THE REASONS:

I apologise that we haven't been able to help u like u expected from us.

Again my apologies for not having members of ur cailbre here.

I am sorry to hear that, because we certainly are not here to waste ur time or anybody's time.

It was sent because it was more ignorance & arrogance speaking that facts.

What is unprofessional here is ur disability to understand & differentiate between something as simple as "Vedic Astrology" & "Vedic Astrology Reading Forum" & then complaining about it. Also ur behaviour to other readers, & members of the site is unacceptable & unprofessional.

Please tell me who asked u to pay for readings??

Please give me a link & I will look into it.

I will personally speak to the mod involved here about this issue.

I am accepting both ur fair & unfair criticism. For the fair criticism, I am thanking you. For the unfair criticism, I am banning you. If & when u decide to be more fair on all the members & learn to speak in a more civil way (I have deleted few of ur posts myself because they were so wonderfully written, that it would have hurt anyone who read it). If & when u do decide to improve urself, u are welcome back to the site. Till then, BEST OF LUCK.

You know where to contact when u have improved.

Regards,

Vishwas.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:12 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:Then there are those accepted geniuses that signed a petition some decades ago who declared that entire astrology is a product of superstition (186 nobel laureates!).

These are just shades of elitist attitudes, Phantom, sometimes one portrays himself as someone who is higher than laypersons and in the second moment is himself being called by another being as a superstitious individual.

These are all personal opinions and all mistaken perceptions! Who really knows what Karma is truly, other than the Kreator!

RR
Phantom wrote:puranas are only stories for a layman who cant understand complicated issues

9 planets are only representatives of karma
Dear Phantom,

The original comic Phantom was my childhood Superhero. But I think now I should stop reding the vedas.  
RishiRahul

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue May 08, 2007 7:19 am

I am asking you all to try to discuss case.

Always be open for different opinions, if you feel that your opponent don't will listen ....just stop the discussion....that is no defeat....because they who know the trade will know who has right anyway.

To move it over on personal plan is never smart, and even if right in case, will hurt the one who do it more in public opinion.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 11, 2007 10:58 pm

Dear Rhutobello,

Your advice is sage, in general. However, in some instances, where people are not interested in communication or transfer of information honestly but have an axe to grind or some other childish agenda -- it is best to snip things in the bud or in other words, it is described as calling someone's bluff!

RR

[quote="Rhutobello"]I am asking you all to try to discuss case.

Always be open for different opinions, if you feel that your opponent don't will listen ....just stop the discussion....that is no defeat....because they who know the trade will know who has right anyway.

To move it over on personal plan is never smart, and even if right in case, will hurt the one who do it more in public opinion.[/quote]

cesarampe

Post by cesarampe » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:27 am

In Hindu astrology Rahu and Ketu are known as two invisible planets. They are enemies of the Sun and the Moon, who at certain times of the year (during conjunction or opposition) swallow the Sun or the Moon causing either a solar or a lunar eclipse. In Sanskrit this is known as grahanam or seizing.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”