The Common Factor!!!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

arian_1c

The Common Factor!!!

Post by arian_1c » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:22 pm

Hi everybody,
We've all had numerous discussions and a few arguments about the various flavors of astrology. One of the prominent things that defines these flavors is the ayanamsa used.
A few days ago when I was replying to one of the posts here in this forum, I came to realise something, something very obvious. Many of you may even discard it as nothing, but anyways here it is.
I realised that no matter what ayanamsa one uses, all the planets are always the same distance away from each other...that if you consider yourself to be at the center of a sphere with all the planets at different radii(due to their different distances from earth) from this center of sphere, the essential picture never changes.
I know that we still have a massive difference with where a planet is in a certain sign, but if for a second you take that out of picture, it is absolutely the same picture.
Now, I've always tried to correlate predictive astrology and the astronomical picture of the solar system. At times when I've unsuccessfully tried to figure out why the planets have effect on us, the only fragment of weird imagination that I can come up with is that they are celestial bodies around earth with great masses, moving at variable speeds, at variables distances exuberating lots of centripetal and centrifugal forces and having a gravitational effect on all the other celestial bodies in their vicinty. So, all the planets/celestial bodies have an effect on earth and everything inside it.
But not going away from the topic, the only thing I am trying to say is that the essential picture never changes, all we need is a code to decipher this unique picture for every epoch.
I am not very good at concluding my thoughts so I will leave it here...

regards
sahil

Return to “Vedic Astrology”