Regarding Vedic Remedies

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RajeevSharma

Regarding Vedic Remedies

Post by RajeevSharma » Tue May 01, 2007 7:27 am

i have searched it a lot but could not find any satisfactory notes on which type of remedy should be done for which type of affliction...
i.e if aplanet is afflicted in one way...should we offer its things as charity, should its manta japa be done or should its gem be worn..
what are the conditions in which wearing gem or giving charity or mantra japa is prohibited and under what conditions these things are recommended
i ll be highly thankful if the learned readers of this forum help me in this regard

RajeevSharma

Post by RajeevSharma » Tue May 08, 2007 4:59 am

many views  still no answer..
earlier  i thought i was in the wrong forum... but isnt it the place essentially reserved for discussing principles, applications, experiences and opinions different people have.

then???

ikmastro

please let me know when you find out

Post by ikmastro » Wed May 09, 2007 6:25 pm

i am tryng to learn about affliction and how to address it...

are their books dedicated to afflictin and remedy

does the source of the remedy matter...like where it comes from ... country of origin??

does geneder matter when applying remedy

abhishekh

Post by abhishekh » Wed May 09, 2007 6:50 pm

Remedies of Stars
Sun=Is your body,your name,your image in world,=always think to express clear.
Moon=Is mother,people,living area,water in the body,thinking,=always use fresh and neat.
Mars=Is brother,blood in body,strength of body,power of family=do not mix dirty things.
Mercury=Is daughter,sister,communication with others,vain in body=Daily practice with yoga.
Jupiter=Is father,knowledge,para-disk,religion,luck=Always read religious Books.
Venus=Is life mate,power of next generations,Beauty,smell=Do not touch with corrupted people.
Saturn=Safety organs in body,House,old people,limitations of society=Always clean,and respect.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu May 10, 2007 12:17 pm

Try and check out:
www.boloji. com

There is an article by RohiniRanjan on remedies.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: Regarding Vedic Remedies

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:14 am

RajeevSharma wrote:i have searched it a lot but could not find any satisfactory notes on which type of remedy should be done for which type of affliction...
i.e if aplanet is afflicted in one way...should we offer its things as charity, should its manta japa be done or should its gem be worn..
what are the conditions in which wearing gem or giving charity or mantra japa is prohibited and under what conditions these things are recommended
i ll be highly thankful if the learned readers of this forum help me in this regard
RajeevSharma wrote:i have searched it a lot but could not find any satisfactory notes on which type of remedy should be done for which type of affliction...
Rishi_bhai, thanks for the plug! :-)
I have found Harish Johari's books generally very well-written and professionally-edited from presentation and ease of understanding. Bepin Behari's books are similar in nature and are meticulously edited by people whose first language is the language in which these books were written and presented. It helps.

I am not a vedic scholar so some of my thinking might sound as a bit heretic to very orthodox folks, but I can only offer what I have. Hence I often end my posts or used to with my takiya kalaam :Take it or leave it (TiOLI) or Keep or Toss (KoT)!

Without going into too intricate skein of KARMA which is anything but simple, Jyotish deals with what is ripe and ready for resolution in this lifetime. Even that is not fully accepted by people who go through life as if this is their last one and next train station is Heaven or sitting in some Angel's lap or vice versa! They are so worldly and efficiency-driven that they want to find out which God or demi-god to worship, gleaned from their horoscope! If Shiva is not my best match and I start worshipping Him, would he not steer me gently towards my Devi, sitting right next to BABA Bholaynath? Or to their neighbour, Vishnuji? Or some lesser God, because I am not prepared and ready to benefit from Baba, Ma or Vishnuji's Essence? Why not concentrate on developing Bhaktibhav or devotion, so that when the right God is found, the bhakta is already ready and further time does not get wasted!

My belief is that the trines are in a sense the way we connect with karma, while the trikas create or describe (really) the settings in which the current karma-drama will be played. Other houses too play a role, of course. I have always believed that all houses are karmic, as are all planets too. Past karma already resolved creates room for what we call 'free-will' but people see that as a license to change the 'payment plan' of karma. NO! Free-will is given to us by Vidhata for 'investing' and hopefully, wisely. Fritter away that ready cash and the debt (Karma) grows! How much more simple can it get! If the free-will is invested in dharma and dharmic activities, the investment grows, but if used recklessly, the Karmic needle goes further and further in the 'RED'!

Simply stated, or perhaps simplistically, when planets are strong and good yogas are operating (Dasa, and transits etc), one can benefit from properly activated gemstones and mantras work more efficiently and properly energized and empowered amulets etc might too, although I avoid them because of a variety of reasons.

For the rest of 'hard-luck' situations, I think penance is the ONLY way. For the one really deep in dirt, even mantras will remain silent and gemstones would represent expensive investments (most gemstone re-sell for lower price than they were purchased. GOLD and now increasingly SILVER are better choices if investment is all one is after! Or so financial advisors claim...

Generally, these situations are depicted by so called malefic combinations. Modern astrologers would not use that 'doom and gloom' term as our tropical friends would say, but simply 'difficult' situation. Arishthas, duryogas, planets that are functional malefics, natural malefics with unbalanced balas or even excessive balas (actually a very strong but not evenly balanced [well-fed!] planet can indicate serious problems, etc must be watched for. Just tossing a emerald at someone with mercury-ruled lagna is not a good strategy! That kind of practice is sadly quite rampant when gemstones form birthday-stones! But I suppose something is better than 'nothing' :-)

Penance can be charity (easy for some to do and less effective for them!), or self-deprivation (food, luxury, things one loves to indulge or engage in, for instance mauna-silence vrata for a chatterbox) and other austerities and also volunteer service. If a person who is type A and always running around like a chicken with its head cut-off should do volunteer service. If it is towards an organization whose CAUSE makes the person uncomfortable, then that is a 'hint' for the individual. A good way to face and embrace fear and what repulses or cringes one!

Penance is an act of bravery and courage. Many wimp out and then their whining starts. "Guruji is there an alternative? Panditji, must I really stop smoking or alcohol on the fasting day?". I am not making this up, these are REAL examples. One individual went on practising fasting rigorously for years but things were no moving as anticipated. Then he shared that on those days the individual was consuming alcohol habitually. His rationalization was that it was Shivji ka prasaad! There are very few moments when I become 'speechless!'. That was ONE OF THOSE! Since then, I have made it a practice to add that to the instructions when I give a reading!

Love, Light, Learning!

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:40 am

Dear Dada,

I have to agree with you on the above.

If a person does or gets something very easily...That person does not understand It's worth. It has to be something 'hard earned.

The native has to apply his Free Will judiciously. It lies about two inches above the horizontal between the eyes.  The trinal lords can help us to do so.
He has to apply his intelligence on the Trika's too, to know where he is going wrong. Not energize it.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:34 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Dear Dada,

If a person does or gets something very easily...That person does not understand It's worth. It has to be something 'hard earned.

The native has to apply his Free Will judiciously. It lies about two inches above the horizontal between the eyes.  The trinal lords can help us to do so.
He has to apply his intelligence on the Trika's too, to know where he is going wrong. Not energize it.

Rishi

A nuance, if I may:
Wouldn't a thing that is too easily received, also likely to be destined or fated? If that is true then it becomes an entitlement, does it not? Why does it not work, then? ;-)

This is not a fully-explored package yet, but there seems to be an esoteric coupling in horoscope houses.
One aspect is the dwi-dwadash (gain--loss perspective) coupling.
between 5 and 6
between 7 and 8
between 11 and 12

and also:
between 6 and 7
between 8 and 9
between 12 and 1

and what I call the trikonas from the 7th, namely 3 and 11.

love and light

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

A nuance, if I may:
Wouldn't a thing that is too easily received, also likely to be destined or fated? If that is true then it becomes an entitlement, does it not? Why does it not work, then? ;-)
Rishi=Easily received, or not easily received. Shouldn't both be destined?

This is not a fully-explored package yet, but there seems to be an esoteric coupling in horoscope houses.
between 5 and 6
between 7 and 8
between 11 and 12

and also:
between 6 and 7
between 8 and 9
between 12 and 1

Rishi= Shouldnt the 2/12 (gain loss perspective) apply to all houses? Why to some only?
The gain of the trika's are interesting! You are getting me on to something now. Thanks!
What could it be? I dont get it....

Rishi

love and light

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:23 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Rishi=Easily received, or not easily received. Shouldn't both be destined?

RR: If hard work is involved, or where decisions are involved, free-will plays a role

Rishi= Shouldnt the 2/12 (gain loss perspective) apply to all houses? Why to some only?
The gain of the trika's are interesting! You are getting me on to something now. Thanks!

RR: Absolutely! For other houses too, but I was focusing on trikas in this posting!!

love and light
[/quote]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Rishi=Easily received, or not easily received. Shouldn't both be destined?

RR: If hard work is involved, or where decisions are involved, free-will plays a role

RR: Absolutely! For other houses too, but I was focusing on trikas in this posting!!

love and light
[/quote]

Dear Dada,

I hope MA allows me to give some thought to this very interesting thing.

I will get back on this sooner or later.  Meanwhile Vinay ji and others may add their thoughts.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:08 am

Many sincere jyotishis truly believe (observations and experimentation) that there is something almost esoteric about Jyotish that the rules and techniques apply to all vargas! Including dasas and ashtakavarga and the arrangement of arudhas-padas, and ownerships, and drishtis (we did that one recently!). I am not aware of anyone who has calculated full shadbala for each varga, separately, for instance, normalizing or standardizing (as it is called in statistics and math). For example each 3d 20m navamsha must be treated as a 30 degree spread and proportionately mathematical adjustments need to be made. On the other hand, some others feel that this is going a bit too far. Some even maintain that in Jyotish, vargas should not be studied as 'charts' but just as segments for attributing varga-qualities to those, but maintaining the same fundamental attributes such as maitri sambandha, balas etc mostly linked to the kshetra varga (rashi placements and associations, aspects etc). The Navamsha-tulya-rashi and vice versa as R. Santhanam proposed in his Chandra Kala Nadi and a few other books and articles.

Some even see proportional representation or participation of finer vargas, vis-a-vis or in proportion to the kshetra - rashi varga! In that view, the finer vargas become 'modifiers' but not primary or isolated charts.

Many folds and nuances this silken terrain has...

Love and Light,

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

A nuance, if I may:

between 5 and 6
between 7 and 8
between 11 and 12

and also:
between 6 and 7
between 8 and 9
between 12 and 1

love and light

Dear Dada,

Given much time, but am failing to catch the meaning, though I seem to understand the sequence
:smt017

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi
A nuance, if I may:

between 5 and 6
between 7 and 8
between 11 and 12

and also:
between 6 and 7
between 8 and 9
between 12 and 1

love and light

Dear Dada,

Given much time, but am failing to catch the meaning, though I seem to understand the sequence

Rishi

Nothing mysterious or esoterically-mystical there, Rishi_babu! The focus was on the trikas which have a house second to them (acquisitons) and a house twelfth to them (vyaa). I was merely suggesting that they may be considered (just as the case is for any other house following the model set by the first house -- and the derivation continued...!

Love, Light, elaboration,

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

A nuance, if I may:

between 5 and 6
between 7 and 8
between 11 and 12

and also:
between 6 and 7
between 8 and 9
between 12 and 1

love and light

Dear Dada,

Rishi

Nothing mysterious or esoterically-mystical there, Rishi_babu! The focus was on the trikas which have a house second to them (acquisitons) and a house twelfth to them (vyaa). I was merely suggesting that they may be considered (just as the case is for any other house following the model set by the first house -- and the derivation continued...!

Love, Light, elaboration,
[/quote]

Dada,

I understand the loss to trikas being 5, 7,11 & gain being 1,7,9;
and the trkonas of the 7th are 3 & 11.

But am not able to connect the two and or what you are aiming to get at?

Rishi

Return to “Vedic Astrology”