ONLY FOR BEGINNERS IN JYOTISH-ASTROLOGY

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

ONLY FOR BEGINNERS IN JYOTISH-ASTROLOGY

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 11, 2007 12:20 am

From time to time I have been asked to write something for beginners. A three part article already exists @

http://www.boloji.com/astro/00308.htm

Beginners may find it useful and intermediate astrologers may find some of the things as a helpful refresher.

RR

[[There are also two primers (PDFs a few hundred pages long) available for FREE downloading too but since that is a commercial readings site, it would not be appropriate to share the link on this forum]]
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri May 11, 2007 7:59 am

Thx for the links....it seems to be a bulls eye for me :)

It seems for me to be a post that might help a lot of people over a longer period of time....so I make it sticky.

I will make it clear that only Rohiniranjan is allowed to post in this thread.

All other request...discussions..and praises will be removed.

This so done so it will be easier for all to find the information needed!

From time to time subjects that need discussions will be brought up.
Please start then a new thread and give reference to his post.
We urge you all to attend to a discussion...because that way you learn faster and get more understanding about the material.
Last edited by Rhutobello on Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:11 am

[quote="Rhutobello"]Thx for the links....it seems to be a bulls eye for me :)

It seems for me to be a post that might help a lot of people over a longer period of time....so I make it sticky.[/quote]

If there is interest I would be happy to upload a PDF primer containing close to 300 pages (couple of MB), but I have no idea where to upload since I do not see a library here.

Then again, I have been told time and again that internet users do not have the patience and 300 pages would be really like dragging them over coals -- burning ones!

Some of the articles in it may be familiar to some but there is unpublished material too. This with several other documents were part of the CP Jyotish CD that I offered a while ago through Crystal Pages but not any more.

RR

Rohiniranjan

Re: ONLY FOR BEGINNERS IN JYOTISH-ASTROLOGY

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:45 am

The first spiritual university that I really know of, Vishwabharati -- Shantiniketan REALized by the Great Gurudeb Robindronath Thakur (aka, Rabindranath Tagore) was created in the free openess of Nature!

Why can we not learn Jyotish in the same sort of open environment?

Why do we need little closets and cloisters or sacrosanctity? That can be and get challenged even by novices? Serious novices, of course! I do not include the others!

I was reading an interesting novel based on the concept of the TV/Internet show -- Kaun Banegaa Karodpati? Who will become the billionaire subject to the currency we love and love to hate!

The novel is about a typical 'loser' who has a bevy of life experiences ranging from being a slum-dweller and an orphan raised by christian priests and way more -- who won the bilionnaire quiz context and then put very quickly in jail because the 'foreighner sponsor' could not pay but had a good sense of how to manipulate the *system* that prevails in a certain country/NATION!

As I am reading it, from a *remote* perspective and taking stock of what I am experiencing on the jyotish and PSYCHIC scene -- internet-wide I am awe-stricken!

I will write more about that book but also HOPEFULLY about how easy it is to learn about Jyotish for which I have a new name now:

COSMIC SYMB.i.OLOGY!

rohiniranjan.homestead.com

<quote="rohiniranjan"]From time to time I have been asked to write something for beginners. A three part article already exists @

http://www.boloji.com/astro/00308.htm

Beginners may find it useful and intermediate astrologers may find some of the things as a helpful refresher.

RR[/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:19 am

The way to learn astrology, to me has been simply how our ancestors began!

It must have been an evening when I felt secure -- no threat around that 'threatens' me firstly and those that I consider my family and friends?

SAFE in having arrived at that point in my EVOLUTION, I looked up for it was too dark anyway to look around and figure what was moving in the 'bushes' next to me!

But really more importantly -- if you can tune into that prehistoric mindset -- it was a MOMENT when the bushes were known and SAFE!

With that mindset (please humor me folks!) -- I looked up and saw the horns of a goat! Perhaps the goat had given me a lot of trouble today? Or maybe I just happened to have a wonderful meal TODAY that included goat cheese (TRUE)

I truly believe that astrologic did start with simple assumptions and beliefs like that!

It is up to US if we allow it to stay there or let it grow with us, individually or collectively!

Rohiniranjan.homestead.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:27 am

THANK YOU!

It seems for me to be a post that might help a lot of people over a longer period of time....so I make it sticky.[/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:08 am

Given my past few decades of observing what comes through intellect as opposed to instinct and direct observation and experiencing of those that know and those that are psychic on compuserve and internet and so on -- it makes sense that we question ourselves and others around us!

And if during our questioning -- we get attacked we rejoice! For we have hit GOLD!

It does not matter who learns from that experience or who brings the gold home in this lifetime -- I have not seen one dead person take with him or her during the last journey -- the GOLD they accumulated! BUT I cannot say the same for the GOLD/LOVE they collected when alive and even after they have been dead for some time!

Rohiniranjan

<please challenge this post and ask how it connects to the jyotish that you think it should be!>

[quote="rohiniranjan"]The way to learn astrology, to me has been simply how our ancestors began!

It must have been an evening when I felt secure -- no threat around that 'threatens' me firstly and those that I consider my family and friends?

SAFE in having arrived at that point in my EVOLUTION, I looked up for it was too dark anyway to look around and figure what was moving in the 'bushes' next to me!

But really more importantly -- if you can tune into that prehistoric mindset -- it was a MOMENT when the bushes were known and SAFE!

With that mindset (please humor me folks!) -- I looked up and saw the horns of a goat! Perhaps the goat had given me a lot of trouble today? Or maybe I just happened to have a wonderful meal TODAY that included goat cheese (TRUE)

I truly believe that astrologic did start with simple assumptions and beliefs like that!

It is up to US if we allow it to stay there or let it grow with us, individually or collectively!

RR[/quote]
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:18 am

PRIMARY CONSIDERATIONS:

When learning astrology, one first learns about the zodiac and planets and houses. &nbsp;Rashis themselves are neutral, they have good, bad and mixed attributes in different segments of the 30 degree span but are also separated in groups that are satwic (brahmin rashis, karka, vrischika and meena), rajasic (kshatriya, mesha, simha, dhanu), vaishya - a combination of rajasik and tamasika with a tiny bit of satwik (mithuna, tula, Kumba) and shudra or tamasik (vrishbha, kanya, makar). &nbsp;This is often mistaken to mean the properties of the rashis. &nbsp;Actually, it is not so. &nbsp;Planets that are of one of the four qualities are likely to perform their intrinsic character best in the sign that allows natural amplification. &nbsp;Jupiter the brahmin will express best when in karka, vrischica and meena, while a rajasic planet like mars would be at its best in mesha, simha and dhanu.

It must be obvious now that planets, unlike rashis have personal attributes that fit into the four castes used in the hindu culture and abused in more recent times in India! &nbsp;By recent I mean the last few centuries, of course.

The houses, though in essence same as rashis are different from their cosmic framework (as Rashis are above, so Houses or Bhavas are below...) &nbsp;because they have gunas and are not neutral! &nbsp;While rashis may work more as amplifiers or reflectors (if you [planet] have the light it will shine in a certain rashi, bhavas can be amplifiers as well as active reducers or prisons for planets, indeed not allowing them to express to their best potential. &nbsp;An exalted planet placed in a malefic bhava can lose its potential and remain an underutilized gift for the lifetime. &nbsp;This can, of course, be modified through the use of astrology! &nbsp;Hence rather than being a doom and gloom prospect, it becomes an opportunity to exercise wisdom and flow with the ‘tides’ of TIME in other words!

Beginners make the mistake and sadly encouraged by some teachers who want to make technicians of them and pump them confusingly choc-full of ill-digested techniques, mazes of timing periods and mutually contradictory yogas and arishtas. &nbsp;I am not saying that these are not important, to add to ones repertoire particularly where confusing indications show up in a few charts, but certainly cause and create more confusion in many students than otherwise.

If I were teaching someone to learn astrology, I would ask them to focus a lot of time and attention to just the basic chart and to really decipher the meaning of the rashis, planets and bhavas in a given chart, studying each planet as an entity, a deva – a Cosmoanthropomorphic entity, a planet personified if you will. &nbsp;Once this has been done, then one looks at the roles the planets play in the chart, roles such as their association with houses or bhavas through their variety of roles: as rulers; as karakas - different types as described in my article published in Express Starteller (May 2007, Karako Bhav Nashaya), through association with other planets (friendships etc). &nbsp;As these complex networking becomes incorporated and better understood, we then can begin to look at yogas. &nbsp;Against the background of our complete understanding of the planets, it would be easier to look at yogas and combinations as fruitful, ineffective, or those that are sitting on the fence and waiting to be influenced the right way, through the actions and free-will of the nativity (remedies)!

But that is unglamourous to most, a tedious trek through a field of tall grass! &nbsp;And that is why I say that the fears often expressed by jyotishis who are worried about the secrets of jyotish falling into wrong hands – are baseless! &nbsp;Jyotish has a built-in protection...!

RR (c) Crystal Pages, 2007
[I am required to post this line as per current contract]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:22 am

PARTICULARLY THE PRAISES :-)

INSULTS WILL BE ADDRESSED PRIVATELY!

RR

It seems for me to be a post that might help a lot of people over a longer period of time....so I make it sticky.

[color=darkred][size=18]I will make it clear that only Rohiniranjan is allowed to post in this thread.[/size][/color]

[b]All other request...discussions..and praises will be removed.

This so done so it will be easier for all to find the information needed![/b]

[color=darkred][b]From time to time subjects that need discussions will be brought up.
Please start then a new thread and give reference to his post.
We urge you all to attend to a discussion...because that way you learn faster and get more understanding about the material.[/b][/color][/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:54 am

Reading break!

I do not know for sure if the Anthology by 36 'teachers' compiled by Late Richard Houk is still available or not, but if it is, please acquire it! It has the usual "stuff' but also some gems!

in fact I googled it and it is available at:

http://www.astroamerica.com/v-houck.html

HINDU ASTROLOGY LESSONS: 36 Teachers share their wisdom

RR

Rohiniranjan

Windfalls and gains without working hard ...!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:46 am

Folks,

Wouldn't it be just sweet if we could suddenly come upon a lot of wealth that would free us from the nearly universal necessity to do chores, and thereby allow us to try out our dreams, or simply to do nothing but laze?

What a waste of life, many would say!

But what if one uses some or a lot of this 'windfall' to then help the poor and needy? I suppose then it sounds better and even admirable!

Who will be the next millionnaire?
Kaun banegaa Karodpati??

But first step of each *dream* depends on one being able to *sleep* peacefully!

Is it even possible or is it all yet another pipedream of astrologers and those who believe in astrology without even seeing it proven?

The winning of lotteries and acquisitions of other windfalls and inheritences are not all that different from one another!

Is it all dumb luck (9) or a fructification of good karma? Why are the houses that depict:

= Efforts/purushartha and luck/bhagya ( 3 oppo 9)
= Gains and future good deeds (11 oppo 5)
= and wealth and the house of windfalls, gains from litigations (2 opposite 8)

... depicted as opposite houses?

Is it all random or something that nativities and their astrologers laden with their mantras and gemstones and other black-magic marketables able to control?

When I was a child, there was much talk about Kamakhya tantram and how tantra could bring money and love through rituals and magic incantations! Books indicated as to how one could do vashikaran, ucchatan and other more serious damage to others at the drop of a hat! How my otherwise very pragmatic, rationalistic parents allowed me to get that paperback in bangla when I was barely a teenager has always made me wonder about such permissiveness from otherwise pretty strict parents, I kid you not! It was almost in the league of allowing your child access to ... oh well questionable literature, shall we say?

For me personally, it was just the amount of trust that I needed in my life. From rational but loving parents!! Let us leave it at that.

Now I hear that even milder religious institutions have started selling poojas that can get you a relationship, love, wealth, you name it -- through *satwik* pujas and anushthaans!

Is it really that simple?

Surely, if this is so easily accepted and found to work, the chronicles would be bristling with documented evidences of success! This must be the best kept modern secret because I who live and breathe astrology on a daily basis have not heard of the evidence that commonly!

Have others? Please speak up now, or forever hold your peace! :-)

And yet, it makes sense! As per the astrological indicators mentioned in the early part of this message!

More later ...

[u]RR[/u]

Rohiniranjan

Re: Windfalls and gains without working hard ...!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:28 am

Someone pointed out to me a few minutes ago (it seemed only like minutes passed!) without pointing it out (!) that my statement:
"= and wealth and the house of windfalls, gains from litigations (2 opposite 8)"

may/will cause confusion in some minds. If they see me describing the 8th house as a house of 'pleasant' experiences such as windfalls!

The eighth is a house of death, pain, misgivings, chronic diseases and yet it is also the house of longevity and mangalya (in the traditional sense for women <let us not dissect the sexism implied there or overanalyze it to depict the social status of women in those early times when jyotish was written down!>)

The eighth is also the house of litigations, insurance payments and chronic disability compensations. Windfalls of sorts acrued after losses and much pain. More aptly called lump compensation as opposed to windfall, such as the consolation prized someone mentioned or even the 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize in a lottery ;-P

But it is sweet justice after all the grief!

Few things I will leave erudite readers with, to ponder, meditate upon and investigate by themselves if they care for astrology and are passionate about their connection to it.

Is a gain of the kind that can be called a windfall, A REWARD? A PAYBACK??

OR COULD IT BE A LOAN THAT WOULD NEED TO BE REPAID SOMEDAY IN FUTURE? {I love the concept of simul-time that Seth expressed through
Ruburt (Jane) when he said that the future is happening now, just as present and past are!}

It makes sense because that would keep energy constant. Loans are being taken just as they are concommintantly being paid! Banks would love that even if they would not believe it, I am sure ;-)

As an aside, it would seem in the Sethian construct or reality, that experiences and events are fixed and constant but it is the inadequacy of our "awareness" that creates the illusion of sequence and movement!

Think of it as the movie shots where the seemingly moving background is projected on a screen (illusion) whereas the actors or participants in a speed-chase are sitting in the REAL car that is not moving (REALITY)

Peace!

RR

[quote="rohiniranjan"]Folks,

Wouldn't it be just sweet if we could suddenly come upon a lot of wealth that would free us from the nearly universal necessity to do chores, and thereby allow us to try out our dreams, or simply to do nothing but laze?

What a waste of life, many would say!

But what if one uses some or a lot of this 'windfall' to then help the poor and needy? I suppose then it sounds better and even admirable!

Who will be the next millionnaire?
Kaun banegaa Karodpati??

But first step of each *dream* depends on one being able to *sleep* peacefully!

Is it even possible or is it all yet another pipedream of astrologers and those who believe in astrology without even seeing it proven?

The winning of lotteries and acquisitions of other windfalls and inheritences are not all that different from one another!

Is it all dumb luck (9) or a fructification of good karma? Why are the houses that depict:

= Efforts/purushartha and luck/bhagya ( 3 oppo 9)
= Gains and future good deeds (11 oppo 5)
= and wealth and the house of windfalls, gains from litigations (2 opposite 8)

... depicted as opposite houses?

Is it all random or something that nativities and their astrologers laden with their mantras and gemstones and other black-magic marketables able to control?

When I was a child, there was much talk about Kamakhya tantram and how tantra could bring money and love through rituals and magic incantations! Books indicated as to how one could do vashikaran, ucchatan and other more serious damage to others at the drop of a hat! How my otherwise very pragmatic, rationalistic parents allowed me to get that paperback in bangla when I was barely a teenager has always made me wonder about such permissiveness from otherwise pretty strict parents, I kid you not! It was almost in the league of allowing your child access to ... oh well questionable literature, shall we say?

For me personally, it was just the amount of trust that I needed in my life. From rational but loving parents!! Let us leave it at that.

Now I hear that even milder religious institutions have started selling poojas that can get you a relationship, love, wealth, you name it -- through *satwik* pujas and anushthaans!

Is it really that simple?

Surely, if this is so easily accepted and found to work, the chronicles would be bristling with documented evidences of success! This must be the best kept modern secret because I who live and breathe astrology on a daily basis have not heard of the evidence that commonly!

Have others? Please speak up now, or forever hold your peace! :-)

And yet, it makes sense! As per the astrological indicators mentioned in the early part of this message!

More later ...

[u]RR[/u][/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Rulers by Resonance (and other links to articles)

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:04 am

Only links will be posted in this thread on this topic, to conserve internet bandwidth!

RR

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crystal_pages/message/518

VARGAS http://www.boloji.com/astro/00344.htm

GOOD Provocative ARTICLES ON Astrology and scientific method
written by R. Nambiar
http://www.boloji.com/astro/00330.htm

written by Ashish Khandekar
http://www.boloji.com/astro/00335.htm
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Beginners, please don't be shy! This is when you are not afraid of mistakes!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:22 am

To all Beginners,

Unless you post somewhat dare-devilishly, publicly, you will never learn to walk, let alone fly!

Please post your analyses and readings openly on public forums like this one instead of private mails!

Like swimming and flying (birds or angels!) practice is fine, even long practice but when that threshold moment appears in your life, you don't go back to others or even to ancient books or your meticulously kept journal.

NO! You just jump! You either fly or you crash. Either way the FEAR is over and behind you forever!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

ONLY for beginners! Old hats may not appreciate any of this ;-)

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:29 am

message deleted
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”