Guru Rahu Association

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RajeevSharma

Guru Rahu Association

Post by RajeevSharma » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:44 am

Dear Hemal

In an earlier post (300 important combinations started by Mr. Bhaduria (http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=34876) you suggested that we should have a discussion on Guru Rahu conjunction, since I presume this could be an interesting topic, so this new thread is started.

In the end after trying to explain whatever I knew, I wrote that

"It is my personal observation that these people have a peculiar way of thinking. They have their own views about various things (in fact about almost everything under the sun), which may not be correct but the natives are very rigid about them. Simply put in Hindi the native hamesha ulta sochta hai."

To this the response of Mr. Votive was… I quote him

"When the wisdom of Guru is poured in the "change" which Rahu promises, it is a heady mix. Certainly not conventional, I would agree but the definition of "good" as in a good yoga perhaps needs a fresh look.
I would put it in Hindi, "hamesha alag sochate hain" and not 'hamesha ulta sochate hain".
For, if all thoughts are cast from the same mould then maybe we would not be discussing on this forum at all."

Perhaps I was a bit too harsh in saying native hamesha ulta sochta hai and I apologize if I have hurt anyone’s feelings

After all it is the perception of what is going around us. We may perceive the things as they really are or mould them as they suit best to us. Here I would like to narrate two incidents of people having this conjunction.

Many years back I happened to be at the house of a friend of mine. The relationship between him  and his father were not exactly cordial and on that particular day some intense family matters were being discussed during which the father said something which agitated the son so much that he got up to hit his father but couldn’t hit him because of whatever reason and stopped in midway and left the house angrily.

Next day the father gathered some relatives and friends and raised such a hue and cry about this incident that it was something to be seen. According to him he did not consider it safe to live with his son as he (the son) could even kill him. The son on the other hand said that the attitude of his father, towards him, has, over the years, deteriorated to such an extent that if he had hit him, it would have been better, but something, may be the inherent respect towards his father, prevented him in doing that.

Here I ask you, wasn’t the father wrong in perceiving those events as he could only see that his son got up to hit him but couldn’t see that the respect factor stopped the son in time and made a public issue of a domestic quarrel. Or was it the son who was wrong as he even thought of hitting his father.

Later when I got interested in astrology I found that on the day of father’s birth Jupiter was in Pisces and Rahu was in Virgo having direct aspect on each other (though exact time was not available  but these two planets can hardly change their position in a day ) and in son’s chart both Sun and Saturn were together.

Another incident is of a divorce case. I was with a lawyer friend of mine who was counsel for the husband. On the day when I was present in the court the lady said that her husband slaps her hard when she didn’t get up on time in the morning. On asking about this the husband replied that he just tried to wake her up by gently and lovingly patting her on the cheek. The magistrate even asked the lady to slap (or pat) herself in the court as to judge the intensity of that act. And believe me it was just a pat but the lady was adamant on being it the slap. Guru Rahu are in the same house of that lady.

So it is only the way of looking at the things, you can say the glass is half full or half empty. Basic thinking process is the domain of Jupiter (and also of Mercury), with Rahu’s conjunction or aspect there have to be some flaws in it, which may be unclear to the native as I don’t think no one, even during most truthful self analysis,  can accept his own flaws in perceiving things. It is for others around us to judge.  As these planets come to associate with each other very often (because direct and retrograde motions, and their 5-7-9 aspects) I would say that majority of the population have this combination in their charts, so one can not really draw a line between the right and the wrong. I, of all the people, am no one to pass the judgment, but this is what I feel.
"This too shall pass..."

hemal_bhach

Guru Rahu association

Post by hemal_bhach » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:42 am

Dear Mr Sharma,

I am thankful for your lead to open this discussion.  As I myself have this yoga in my kundli, I have done a lot study and research, but still not in conclusive in a generalised manner, as to what could happen or effect by this association.

My own knowledge about astological studies so far says that Guru is a meant for education, positive thinking, maturity, spiritual path, understanding, manerism, respect in general for others including elders, and with all these positive traits, attainment of happiness, peace and prosperity...By the association of Rahu, all these factors are influenced at some or the other time, and thereby unhappiness, frustration, etc is generated..Hence such a person, although good at heart and every good qualitites is perceived to be a hard headed, or a non social person.  If other good Yogas are there in the chart, it remains only a negative perception, and if more bad yogas are present in the chart, the person tends to be really bad, and may even become a criminal minded person...I have analysed a kundli of a criminal who had attained fame for his criminal activity, and had a Rahu Guru and drishti of chandra on these two grahs...The person incidentally was termed as a good by heart person.

LETS DISCUSS MORE, LATER I WOULD ALSO COME ON MY KUNDLI, AND TELL YOU MY VIEWS...MY ANALYTICAL SENSE ON RAHU GURU CONJUNCTION DIFFERS FROM THE CONVENTIONAL KNOWLEDGE WHICH I GAINED ABOUT ASTROLOGY.
Hemal

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Guru Rahu Association

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:58 pm

RajeevSharma wrote:Dear Hemal

In an earlier post (300 important combinations started by Mr. Bhaduria (http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=34876) you suggested that we should have a discussion on Guru Rahu conjunction, since I presume this could be an interesting topic, so this new thread is started.

In the end after trying to explain whatever I knew, I wrote that

"It is my personal observation that these people have a peculiar way of thinking. They have their own views about various things (in fact about almost everything under the sun), which may not be correct but the natives are very rigid about them. Simply put in Hindi the native hamesha ulta sochta hai."

To this the response of Mr. Votive was… I quote him

"When the wisdom of Guru is poured in the "change" which Rahu promises, it is a heady mix. Certainly not conventional, I would agree but the definition of "good" as in a good yoga perhaps needs a fresh look.
I would put it in Hindi, "hamesha alag sochate hain" and not 'hamesha ulta sochate hain".
For, if all thoughts are cast from the same mould then maybe we would not be discussing on this forum at all."

Perhaps I was a bit too harsh in saying native hamesha ulta sochta hai and I apologize if I have hurt anyone’s feelings

After all it is the perception of what is going around us. We may perceive the things as they really are or mould them as they suit best to us. Here I would like to narrate two incidents of people having this conjunction.

Many years back I happened to be at the house of a friend of mine. The relationship between him  and his father were not exactly cordial and on that particular day some intense family matters were being discussed during which the father said something which agitated the son so much that he got up to hit his father but couldn’t hit him because of whatever reason and stopped in midway and left the house angrily.

Next day the father gathered some relatives and friends and raised such a hue and cry about this incident that it was something to be seen. According to him he did not consider it safe to live with his son as he (the son) could even kill him. The son on the other hand said that the attitude of his father, towards him, has, over the years, deteriorated to such an extent that if he had hit him, it would have been better, but something, may be the inherent respect towards his father, prevented him in doing that.

Here I ask you, wasn’t the father wrong in perceiving those events as he could only see that his son got up to hit him but couldn’t see that the respect factor stopped the son in time and made a public issue of a domestic quarrel. Or was it the son who was wrong as he even thought of hitting his father.

Later when I got interested in astrology I found that on the day of father’s birth Jupiter was in Pisces and Rahu was in Virgo having direct aspect on each other (though exact time was not available  but these two planets can hardly change their position in a day ) and in son’s chart both Sun and Saturn were together.

Another incident is of a divorce case. I was with a lawyer friend of mine who was counsel for the husband. On the day when I was present in the court the lady said that her husband slaps her hard when she didn’t get up on time in the morning. On asking about this the husband replied that he just tried to wake her up by gently and lovingly patting her on the cheek. The magistrate even asked the lady to slap (or pat) herself in the court as to judge the intensity of that act. And believe me it was just a pat but the lady was adamant on being it the slap. Guru Rahu are in the same house of that lady.

So it is only the way of looking at the things, you can say the glass is half full or half empty. Basic thinking process is the domain of Jupiter (and also of Mercury), with Rahu’s conjunction or aspect there have to be some flaws in it, which may be unclear to the native as I don’t think no one, even during most truthful self analysis,  can accept his own flaws in perceiving things. It is for others around us to judge.  As these planets come to associate with each other very often (because direct and retrograde motions, and their 5-7-9 aspects) I would say that majority of the population have this combination in their charts, so one can not really draw a line between the right and the wrong. I, of all the people, am no one to pass the judgment, but this is what I feel.

Hello Rajivji,

Your logic is getting so profound, that presently you are speaking logic through your breath... pure logic.

The lord of wisdom, dharma JUPITER, with the significator of greed, or departure from the wisdom, RAHU?

Rahu at his best can bring great spirituality by departing from it and, therefore giving pain.

Their placement in rashis can alter their results.
For example a planet can be natural benefic, but by owning rashis( obviously in respect to lagna), can be a functional benefic or malefic. But we can never deny its natural nature, even if it becomes a functional benefic.

Great explanation on your part. I have saved your stuff in my astrology writing documents.

And th'perception' was really absolutely true. The Arudhas should be checked for that.

Saturn teaches in most different ways.

Regards,

RishiRahul

RajeevSharma

Re: Guru Rahu Association

Post by RajeevSharma » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:14 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Hello Rajivji,

Your logic is getting so profound, that presently you are speaking logic through your breath... pure logic.

The lord of wisdom, dharma JUPITER, with the significator of greed, or departure from the wisdom, RAHU?

Rahu at his best can bring great spirituality by departing from it and, therefore giving pain.

Their placement in rashis can alter their results.
For example a planet can be natural benefic, but by owning rashis( obviously in respect to lagna), can be a functional benefic or malefic. But we can never deny its natural nature, even if it becomes a functional benefic.

Great explanation on your part. I have saved your stuff in my astrology writing documents.

And th'perception' was really absolutely true. The Arudhas should be checked for that.

Saturn teaches in most different ways.

Regards,

RishiRahul
A word of appreciation coming from you is really something, I am honoured.

Thank You & Best Regards
"This too shall pass..."

Rohiniranjan

Re: Guru Rahu association

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:02 am

Hemal ji,

Please pardon my intrusion into your thread but I would be cautious about equating or associating Jupiter with education (without qualifiers!). Jupiter is about knowledge -- which does not always come to us through education, at least formal education as the word generally implies. If you were using the term 'education' in a broader sense, then yes -- jupiter would signify that, as in education and learning that leads to consolidated knowledge. Interestingly, "education" is not the forte of any given planet but all planets can be associated with education of the formal kind!

Rahu is like a capsule, a plastic bubble of sorts. It creates distance, a separation, a buffer between the shocking reality and the vulnerable perceiving self. Individuals with strongly represented rahus thus tend to absorb shocks more readily and that then becomes part of their learning, their life-plan in the human experience of the soul -- as I have often described our lives as.

This ability to shield and distance oneself can manifest in many ways and invariably affects and upsets those who must deal with such nativities -- to the point of negativity. Charts in which rahu gets associated with atmakaraka or arudha would be good illustrations of this statement.

Why this should be so and why rahu should bring in such distancing (and ketu too but in a different way! Perhaps another thread...!) is for anyone to explain. However, this line of thinking has a link to understanding one of the biggest bugbears of our modern jyotish times: Kala Sarpa Yoga [[wherein all planets seemingly are enclosed within the plastic bubble of the lunar nodes]]!

PEACE/SHANTI

RR

[quote="hemal_bhach"]Dear Mr Sharma,

I am thankful for your lead to open this discussion.  As I myself have this yoga in my kundli, I have done a lot study and research, but still not in conclusive in a generalised manner, as to what could happen or effect by this association.

My own knowledge about astological studies so far says that Guru is a meant for education, positive thinking, maturity, spiritual path, understanding, manerism, respect in general for others including elders, and with all these positive traits, attainment of happiness, peace and prosperity...By the association of Rahu, all these factors are influenced at some or the other time, and thereby unhappiness, frustration, etc is generated..Hence such a person, although good at heart and every good qualitites is perceived to be a hard headed, or a non social person.  If other good Yogas are there in the chart, it remains only a negative perception, and if more bad yogas are present in the chart, the person tends to be really bad, and may even become a criminal minded person...I have analysed a kundli of a criminal who had attained fame for his criminal activity, and had a Rahu Guru and drishti of chandra on these two grahs...The person incidentally was termed as a good by heart person.

LETS DISCUSS MORE, LATER I WOULD ALSO COME ON MY KUNDLI, AND TELL YOU MY VIEWS...MY ANALYTICAL SENSE ON RAHU GURU CONJUNCTION DIFFERS FROM THE CONVENTIONAL KNOWLEDGE WHICH I GAINED ABOUT ASTROLOGY.[/quote]

hemal_bhach

Post by hemal_bhach » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:08 am

rohiniranjan wrote:Hemal ji,

Please pardon my intrusion into your thread but I would be cautious about equating or associating Jupiter with education (without qualifiers!). Jupiter is about knowledge -- which does not always come to us through education, at least formal education as the word generally implies. If you were using the term 'education' in a broader sense, then yes -- jupiter would signify that, as in education and learning that leads to consolidated knowledge. Interestingly, "education" is not the forte of any given planet but all planets can be associated with education of the formal kind!

Rahu is like a capsule, a plastic bubble of sorts. It creates distance, a separation, a buffer between the shocking reality and the vulnerable perceiving self. Individuals with strongly represented rahus thus tend to absorb shocks more readily and that then becomes part of their learning, their life-plan in the human experience of the soul -- as I have often described our lives as.

This ability to shield and distance oneself can manifest in many ways and invariably affects and upsets those who must deal with such nativities -- to the point of negativity. Charts in which rahu gets associated with atmakaraka or arudha would be good illustrations of this statement.

Why this should be so and why rahu should bring in such distancing (and ketu too but in a different way! Perhaps another thread...!) is for anyone to explain. However, this line of thinking has a link to understanding one of the biggest bugbears of our modern jyotish times: Kala Sarpa Yoga [[wherein all planets seemingly are enclosed within the plastic bubble of the lunar nodes]]!

PEACE/SHANTI

RR

Rohiranjan ji,

Well I specifically meant education, because further I also associated understanding, and meant knowledge there.  I have come across, some cases who have Guru Rahu conjunction in 2nd, 4th, and also 5th houses..These kundli, jataks have been found to have went something or the other wrong for breakup, delayed, or problems related to education. The factors were not in their control, which led to this. One of them, had a typical problem, which really taught me to think more on this aspect.  He was appearing in the final year engg exam and a good student, got blank in his mind, and could not remember anything when was in the examination hall...He ultimately failed in that subject, although scored very well in other subjects..Due to fear of facing the family, the guy went away from home before the result, and settled elsewhere starting his own business, in which he is doing really well....So although your non agreement on this issue, I would still say that such surprises, setbacks or shocks even in educATION, are accounted to Rahu, and particularly where there is Guru rahu conjunction...

Other issues OK, what u say is convincing or atleast logical...I dont beleive  on existence of kaal sarpa yoga. 8 out 10 kundlis I have found with Kaal sarpa yoga, the individuals are fantastic, powerful, having no serious problems in life...I really admire Hon shree K N Rao, who is bold enough to say about non existence of kaal sarpa Yoga, and he is right about it, which I say based on my experience.

hemal_bhach wrote:Dear Mr Sharma,

LETS DISCUSS MORE, LATER I WOULD ALSO COME ON MY KUNDLI, AND TELL YOU MY VIEWS...MY ANALYTICAL SENSE ON RAHU GURU CONJUNCTION DIFFERS FROM THE CONVENTIONAL KNOWLEDGE WHICH I GAINED ABOUT ASTROLOGY.
Hemal

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:14 pm

Hemal ji,

You should write about your experiences in the form of articles etc, with examples so that others can examine and benefit from your findings. Like the scientists do, otherwise the knowledge remains anecdotal. I hope you do not mind my saying so :-)

I agree that KSY and Mangal Dosh and shani sadesati have been overplayed by current jyotishis (at all levels of their undertaking). Rao saheb is indeed a great yogi and astrologer. If he says KSY is a non-entity then I suppose that case is closed for many individuals :-)

RR

[quote="hemal_bhach"][quote="rohiniranjan"]Hemal ji,

PEACE/SHANTI

RR

Rohiranjan ji,

Well I specifically meant education, because further I also associated understanding, and meant knowledge there.  I have come across, some cases who have Guru Rahu conjunction in 2nd, 4th, and also 5th houses..These kundli, jataks have been found to have went something or the other wrong for breakup, delayed, or problems related to education. The factors were not in their control, which led to this. One of them, had a typical problem, which really taught me to think more on this aspect.  He was appearing in the final year engg exam and a good student, got blank in his mind, and could not remember anything when was in the examination hall...He ultimately failed in that subject, although scored very well in other subjects..Due to fear of facing the family, the guy went away from home before the result, and settled elsewhere starting his own business, in which he is doing really well....So although your non agreement on this issue, I would still say that such surprises, setbacks or shocks even in educATION, are accounted to Rahu, and particularly where there is Guru rahu conjunction...

Other issues OK, what u say is convincing or atleast logical...I dont beleive  on existence of kaal sarpa yoga. 8 out 10 kundlis I have found with Kaal sarpa yoga, the individuals are fantastic, powerful, having no serious problems in life...I really admire Hon shree K N Rao, who is bold enough to say about non existence of kaal sarpa Yoga, and he is right about it, which I say based on my experience.

[quote="hemal_bhach"]Dear Mr Sharma,

LETS DISCUSS MORE, LATER I WOULD ALSO COME ON MY KUNDLI, AND TELL YOU MY VIEWS...MY ANALYTICAL SENSE ON RAHU GURU CONJUNCTION DIFFERS FROM THE CONVENTIONAL KNOWLEDGE WHICH I GAINED ABOUT ASTROLOGY.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:34 pm

Hello All,

Maybe the writer/ creator of the Vedas wre wrong after all !

My silent Guru was and is Dr. B.V.Raman. Why? Because he made astrology interesting for me... learnable easily that is, in simple words. His profound insights through years of research, could explain things easily for the next generations with such a way as it does not attract bias.

With K.S.Y. dead, as pronounced by some, making the present world happier by calling a major yoga null and void will make even the Creator of the Vedas worried enough even their deep sleep ( unless they have re incarnated again)!

Wonder if my silent Guru Dr. B. V. Raman, or even the honoured Sri K.N. Rao did say so.
K.S.Y. stands as it always did. Only the in betweens misrepresented it.

Coming to the point. I have seen quite a few charts; where this K.S.Y. has affected it where it is supposed to affect, its effects were strong.
I would like to speak to anyone having a K.S.Y. yoga and test if it has not affected the sphere it is supposed to effect.

I learnt astrology without the help of a guru in person around, and consider myself unfortunate due to this. I read texts, quite a few of them. Found contradictions between them in quite a few cases again; Even contradictions while applying them in practicals, sometimes.
I told myself then, and even now, as I am still learning:=  "There is NO contradiction. Only that I am not able to see the similarity yet. Our expressive selves can express a  'fact' in dissimilar ways. Only we should have the patience, grace, flexibility, wisdom to 'sift the chaff' and understand better.... to arrive at the...'Truth'.

Again no yogas, even it be 'maha' can exist on its own. Our charts are such an intricate complicacy of mathematics with amsas, arudhas, varnadas, ashtavarga bindus etc. etc. etc. that sometimes even a yoga like kalsarpa or mangal dosha seem unimportant, and ineffective to some.

Jupiter signifies, in short, 'WISDOM'. There is no contradiction about this.
Wisdom can arise out of anything, or any house.... without going deeper, that is into the house factors.

Speaking of the Jupiter Rahu conjunction, with even Rahu exalted, there is conceit in wisdom, probably created by a material suffiency to boost the ego to vain pride. Again I have seen this occur in natives who earn much.. do not seem proud... fond of simple things and light enchantment( Jupiter Rahu conjunction in Taurus in the 11th. where the native was caring enough with seemingly simple lives, but actually their unflexible overconfident attitude had caused in their personal life).

Just some unfinished words to share,

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:18 pm

Bingo!

The only point I will disagree with in your post was where you were calling it "unfortunate" to not having had a Guru!

There is a certain charm in working besides many others in a structured fashion, wearing the school 'uniform' and chanting the school 'anthem', but there is also its downside, particularly in a discipline like Astrology where everyone including the *gurus* are on the learning curve which shows no sign of asymptoting ;-P

RR

[quote="RishiRahul"]Hello All,

My silent Guru was and is Dr. B.V.Raman. Why? Because he made astrology interesting for me... learnable easily that is, in simple words. His profound insights through years of research, could explain things easily for the next generations with such a way as it does not attract bias.

With K.S.Y. dead, as pronounced by some, making the present world happier by calling a major yoga null and void will make even the Creator of the Vedas worried enough even their deep sleep ( unless they have re incarnated again)!

Wonder if my silent Guru Dr. B. V. Raman, or even the honoured Sri K.N. Rao did say so.

Coming to the point. I have seen quite a few charts; where this K.S.Y. has affected it where it is supposed to affect, its effects were strong.
I would like to speak to anyone having a K.S.Y. yoga and test if it has not affected the sphere it is supposed to effect.

I learnt astrology without the help of a guru in person around, and consider myself unfortunate due to this. I read texts, quite a few of them. Found contradictions between them in quite a few cases again; Even contradictions while applying them in practicals, sometimes.
I told myself then, and even now, as I am still learning:=  "There is NO contradiction. Only that I am not able to see the similarity yet. Our expressive selves can express a  'fact' in dissimilar ways. Only we should have the patience, grace, flexibility, wisdom to 'sift the chaff' and understand better.... to arrive at the...'Truth'.

Again no yogas, even it be 'maha' can exist on its own. Our charts are such an intricate complicacy of mathematics with amsas, arudhas, varnadas, ashtavarga bindus etc. etc. etc. that sometimes even a yoga like kalsarpa or mangal dosha seem unimportant, and ineffective to some.

Wisdom can arise out of anything, or any house.... without going deeper, that is into the house factors.

Speaking of the Jupiter Rahu conjunction, with even Rahu exalted, there is conceit in wisdom, probably created by a material suffiency to boost the ego to vain pride. Again I have seen this occur in natives who earn much.. do not seem proud... fond of simple things and light enchantment( Jupiter Rahu conjunction in Taurus in the 11th. where the native was caring enough with seemingly simple lives, but actually their unflexible overconfident attitude had caused in their personal life).

RishiRahul[/quote]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:53 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:Bingo!

The only point I will disagree with in your post was where you were calling it "unfortunate" to not having had a Guru!

There is a certain charm in working besides many others in a structured fashion, wearing the school 'uniform' and chanting the school 'anthem', but there is also its downside, particularly in a discipline like Astrology where everyone including the *gurus* are on the learning curve which shows no sign of asymptoting ;-P

RR

RishiRahul wrote:Hello All,

RishiRahul

Respected RohiniRanjanji,

I sometimes wonder if even you had a guru, or had accepted one has a guru?

Thank you  for the limitless praise you showered upon me.

Sir, I have learnt , through experience that if you try to teach any Jupiter Rahu combinations proper wisdom, you would temporarily fail. This sentence of mine, though seems to point out at a person, it is not exacltly.

Rahu increases the significtions of the planet it is with..... theory... but towards inpracticality. It is like a grille in palmistry... that is it increases the malefic qualities.

I would like to express that I have declared Dr. B. V. Raman as my silent 'Guru'. But I do not follow his ayanamsa while making predictions that i am known to.

I use it for fine tuning. This is besides the  other knowledge also gained from him.

While eating fruits, for example mangoes we have 'himsagar', 'alphonso', 'langra', and so many others. Again we enjoy their characteristics. Why not we try to suck the best feelings from their charactistic taste? And accept to remember them?

Hope I cotinue to receive your blessings which keep me going,

Rspectfully RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:54 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:Bingo!

RR

RishiRahul wrote:Hello All,

RishiRahul

Respected RohiniRanjanji,

I sometimes wonder if even you had a guru, or had accepted one has a guru?

Thank you  for the limitless praise you showered upon me.

Sir, I have learnt , through experience that if you try to teach any Jupiter Rahu combinations proper wisdom, you would temporarily fail. This sentence of mine, though seems to point out at a person, it is not exacltly.

Rahu increases the significtions of the planet it is with..... theory... but towards inpracticality. It is like a grille in palmistry... that is it increases the malefic qualities.

I would like to express that I have declared Dr. B. V. Raman as my silent 'Guru'. But I do not follow his ayanamsa while making predictions that i am known to.

I use it for fine tuning. This is besides the  other knowledge also gained from him.

While eating fruits, for example mangoes we have 'himsagar', 'alphonso', 'langra', and so many others. Again we enjoy their characteristics. Why not we try to suck the best feelings from their charactistic taste? And accept to remember them?

Hope I cotinue to receive your blessings which keep me going with better courage,

Rspectfully RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Guru Rahu

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:28 pm

My admirations for all of you who are discussing this combination (aka guru-chandal yoga) and for sharing the confidence (based on personal astrological experiences) on the different facets of this combination in charts and its expression as you saw.

Indeed it is so difficult for most to tease out a factor's contribution that results in what is sounding like a trait. It is almost as if all other factors could be removed (hypothetically speaking) that a given combination or factor would still leave its footprint in the nativity.

I have so much to learn, indeed ...

RR

Rohiniranjan

some data for your consideration

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:12 am

Dear All,

Quite intrigued by the current discussion on the topic of guru rahu yuti and its association with break in education. I am following up a few individuals with guru rahu yutis in certain houses and following certain patterns. However, that *dish* is far from ready at this time and as my grandmother used to say: If you watch a kettle, it takes longer to boil! Anyone having a problem with that can go and discuss it with my grandmother who died in mid-sixties ;-)

But curious to see what is in the astrodatabank which I am certain all serious researchers have and utilize here and everywhere else for that matter.

There were 266 charts with the guru and rahu conjunct within 5 degrees (I decided to make the cut-off a bit stringent. This is what I found in this test-bed.

There were:

1 individual with limited IQ
1 individual with limited education
7 individuals with extensive education
8 individuals with high Mensa level IQs

There were not dupications, by the way so the same chart was not double-counted in case some astute researcher (hopefully) is wondering.

The 17 individuals are listed below, the numbers denoting their lagna rashi and rashi of guru-rahu yuti (1=aries, etc):
LOW IQ (sampling bias sentry:56 in database)
5-8
LIMITED EDUCATION(sampling bias sentry:93 in database)
7-12
EXTENSIVE EDUCATION(sampling bias sentry:281 in database)
6-7
12-9
6-11
5-9
2-11
10-6
5-7
MENSA LEVEL IQ(sampling bias sentry:377 in database)
12-11
8-6
10-6
5-4
7-5
2-6
9-4
3-4

Just some interesting data for those interested and certainly not addressing the matter of the broken education, which may be independent of mental ability and or total volume of education despite or perhaps due to breaks (challenging the individual to rise higher!)

RR

Votive

Re: some data for your consideration

Post by Votive » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:07 am

If I may, Sir, depends on the perspective from which the kettle is being watched, Grandmother said that too.

Ellipse, some say, is the forgotten brother of a circle. But it has the ability to generate innumerable circles . While a circle remains perfect, the ellipse introduces a point or points for the circle to get out of the perfecton and spiral in many splendid directions. But it has the ability to generate innumerable circles ; these points are the catalytical points for growth as well as decay.
I would suggest that the nodes are these points which perpetuate the amazing maze of creation. Following this, if we need to break the mould and look upwards Jupiter needs Rahu.
For all changes which create new moulds need the catalyst!
The choice then a double edged razor sharp sword which can be used to slice open the gates of history to build up a new one or to get hurt by it, this is what Rahu/Guru give.
And while many a charts can be discussed, strikingly one comes to mind. Jane Roberts and her contemplation with Seth.

Emerson,  once said that scholars had become too obsessed with ideas of the past, that they were bookworms rather than thinkers. The ball has been handed over, run with it or not, is a personal choice.

In my opinion the wisdom of Guru can have a multilying effect with Rahu too!

Votive

rohiniranjan wrote:Dear All,

Quite intrigued by the current discussion on the topic of guru rahu yuti and its association with break in education. I am following up a few individuals with guru rahu yutis in certain houses and following certain patterns. However, that *dish* is far from ready at this time and as my grandmother used to say: If you watch a kettle, it takes longer to boil! Anyone having a problem with that can go and discuss it with my grandmother who died in mid-sixties ;-)

But curious to see what is in the astrodatabank which I am certain all serious researchers have and utilize here and everywhere else for that matter.

There were 266 charts with the guru and rahu conjunct within 5 degrees (I decided to make the cut-off a bit stringent. This is what I found in this test-bed.

There were:

1 individual with limited IQ
1 individual with limited education
7 individuals with extensive education
8 individuals with high Mensa level IQs

There were not dupications, by the way so the same chart was not double-counted in case some astute researcher (hopefully) is wondering.

The 17 individuals are listed below, the numbers denoting their lagna rashi and rashi of guru-rahu yuti (1=aries, etc):
LOW IQ (sampling bias sentry:56 in database)
5-8
LIMITED EDUCATION(sampling bias sentry:93 in database)
7-12
EXTENSIVE EDUCATION(sampling bias sentry:281 in database)
6-7
12-9
6-11
5-9
2-11
10-6
5-7
MENSA LEVEL IQ(sampling bias sentry:377 in database)
12-11
8-6
10-6
5-4
7-5
2-6
9-4
3-4

Just some interesting data for those interested and certainly not addressing the matter of the broken education, which may be independent of mental ability and or total volume of education despite or perhaps due to breaks (challenging the individual to rise higher!)

RR

Rohiniranjan

Re: some data for your consideration

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:03 am

Dear Votive,

Very nice thought indeed! Thank you very much for sharing.

RR

Return to “Vedic Astrology”