Question: Testing Classical Principles in Jyotish

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

JaiDixit

RE:

Post by JaiDixit » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:32 pm

RRji,

I don't think I'm being a guinea pig here :). I've read your several articles and on boloji.com and posts in this forum with great interest. So if my birth data can help in your research I'm all for it. Off late Jyotish has been intriguing me and Im fasicnated by this great science along with other classical Indian sciences like Ayurveda and Yoga.

Yes  birth time for most people seems to be always "rounded-off" :) . A lot of Jyotishs these days offer "birth time correction" possibly by studying the major events in their lives like marriage,accidents etc. Obviously one has to go by the information given by parents or others present during birth. My source of information is my mother who got the information from  the hospital staff.

I wanted to get my daughter's birth time by the exact minute and it turned out to be 8.36 AM !

Here is a brief history of my life events.If you feel my birth time needs correction please feel free to do so and let me know.

Childhood: Normal , carefree, studious. Good academic record.
Teenage : Fantastic academic record. Troubled relationship with father.
1992 - 1996 ( 18 - 22 ): Engineering degree. Below average academic record. Not very high scores.
1997 - 1999 : Worked in India. Good career.
1999 (25 years ): Moved to USA.
2002 (28 years ): Got married. Marriage did not work at all because of the weird/cruel nature of the girl.  Depressed ,reclused and disinterested in life
2003 ( 20 years ): Father passed away
2004 ( 30 years ) : Got divorced.
2005 April ( 31 years ) : Got married without getting horoscope matched as we were in love with each other. Strained relationship after first six months of marriage. Has improved a lot now. Got to know later that our horoscopes do NOT match. Parihara suggested : Reciting of Vishnu Sahasranama and increased Bhakti activities.
2007 Nov ( 33 years ) : Birth of my daughter

No major illnesses or accidents. Fairly good health. Average finances,Middle class types

Regards,
Jai

sandhu.jp

My birth details to test the principles of jyotish.

Post by sandhu.jp » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:19 pm

Madam

I would appreciate if you test my horroscope for classics Principles of jyotish.My birth Details are as under

Jatinder pal singh sandhu
Date of birth-29/10/1966
Time-12.01 Pm
Location - Patiala (Punjab)
Till date i never had an accurate analsis or prediction.
I hope that u may be able to apprehend the data to its logical conclusion.

Regards

J.s.sandhu
Success is when skill meets opportunity. Failure is when fantasy meets reality.

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:58 pm

RR,
     Just out of curiosity, I would like to be a part of this exercise. My birth details follow.

July 5th, 1976, 14:02 hrs, Howrah, India

Thanks and regards,

Projjwal

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:07 pm

[quote="projenator"]RR,
     Just out of curiosity, I would like to be a part of this exercise. My birth details follow.

July 5th, 1976, 14:02 hrs, Howrah, India

Thanks and regards,

Projjwal[/quote]

Currently this is temporarily placed on the back-burner. Perhaps in a few months when more time is available. Thanks for participation.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

JaiDixit

Post by JaiDixit » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:58 am

I hope I didn't give RRji a false impression due to my (over) enthusiasm and giving personal data when not asked. I'm not participating in this research merely for a reading or trying to get a second opinion. I'm a neophyte just trying to analyze see how all the pieces fit together in Jyotish and read what the experts say.

With genuine interest in Jyotish..

Sincerely
Jai

shriragh

details as per your requirement

Post by shriragh » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:43 am

Dear Rohini ji,

MY DETAILS:29TH MARCH 1954/17.54HOURS/MANNARGUDI/TAMILNADU/INDIA/FAMILY DAIRY

PLACE:79E 33' 00"  11N 17' 00" (EAST OF GMT)

REGARDS
SHRIRAGH

Rohiniranjan

Re: details as per your requirement

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:08 am

[quote="shriragh"]Dear Rohini ji,

MY DETAILS:29TH MARCH 1954/17.54HOURS/MANNARGUDI/TAMILNADU/INDIA/FAMILY DAIRY

PLACE:79E 33' 00"  11N 17' 00" (EAST OF GMT)

REGARDS
SHRIRAGH[/quote]

???

See how I quoted your message! You will have no doubt as to what I am responding to!

But from your posting I got no clue as to why SHRIRAGH suddenly summoned Rohiniranjan and posted HIS birthdata and ???
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

JaiDixit

RE:

Post by JaiDixit » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:06 pm

RR-ji,

I'm genuinely interested in being an "astrological guinea pig" and had given my birth details in one of the previous posts.
Somehow this thread got mixed up with reading requests by others.

You had mentioned that you were going to deactivate this thread due to lack of time.

I hope you consider my "application" when you get the time to continue your testing on classical Jyotish principles.

Please note we have a "family astrologer" back in India for the consulting on mundane things of life and getting a reading is certainly not my intention in this thread.

The Jyotishi my family consults is very accurate and a man of few words. He does not use or need a computer and still does all calculations manually. He does not take it kindly when questioned by a highly inquisitive lesser mortal like me! But by looking at my chart he has revealed certain aspects of me that I only I know about. Infact that's what led me to land up in this forum.

Sincerely
Jai Dixit

JaiDixit

RE:

Post by JaiDixit » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:09 am

Dear RR-ji,

I would like to present an analogy here in an effort to make things more clear.

A pre-university student aspiring to be a doctor asks around to find out if he has it in him to become a doctor. Some people tell him to go for it while some give him a generic answer like anyone can become a doctor if he or she put his or her mind and work towards it. A senior doctor with good intentions challenges this pre-university guy in a very smart way. The pre-university guy understands the good intentions behind the seemingly harsh challenge posed by the senori doctor and starts learning the basics of medicine from a book written by the senior doctor. So far so goood.

The senior doctor starts conducting a research on thyroid gland. The pre-university hears about this research and enthusiastically presents himself to the senior doctor. The senior doctor is little perplexed and doubts the motives of the pre-university student. Apparently the pre-university student has thyroid problem and at the same time wants to help the senior doctor in his research. He also wants to learn on how the thyroid gland works during the course of research. But the senior doctor gets a feeling that the pre-university student just wants to get his thyroid checked and is trying to test his abilities!

For general health conditions the pre-university student consults his family doctor. However the pre-university student sees a great learning oppurtunity from the senior doctor if the research is carried out on the pre-university student itself!

The pre-university can only lament on not being a part of the research and the senior doctor has every right to choose his subject.

I rest my case.

Jai Dixit
Last edited by JaiDixit on Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:07 am

Yes Dear Shantanu, it was...!

November of 2007 was just a tad over 4 years ago! I have learned much since then, thanks to your time and energy spent. Unfortunately, MA decided that I was to go elsewhere, but Crystalbowl did not die, trust me!

Thanks, in case you are still here and reading. I hope you have learned a lot too, since we spoke-interacted last few years ago.

Love and Light and Learning!

{Rishi_ji: This thread may either be locked, removed or made open to ALL if they so desire.... Your CALL, bhai!}
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Yes Dear Shantanu, it was...!

November of 2007 was just a tad over 4 years ago! I have learned much since then, thanks to your time and energy spent. Unfortunately, MA decided that I was to go elsewhere, but Crystalbowl did not die, trust me!

Thanks, in case you are still here and reading. I hope you have learned a lot too, since we spoke-interacted last few years ago.

Love and Light and Learning!

{Rishi_ji: This thread may either be locked, removed or made open to ALL if they so desire.... Your CALL, bhai!}
Dear Dada (RR ji),

Testing the classical principals of Astrology is/was a thread of quality, and still is, and is 'sticky' post.

Wasnt this thread always open to the others for posting? And it still is.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:32 am

Thanks!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

vandna

Want to learn astrology

Post by vandna » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 am

Hi,

I want to learn astrology is any online course available and what is the cost.

Pls also let me what ancient scripture one can read.

thanks

Vandna Arora

Rohiniranjan

Re: Want to learn astrology

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:06 am

vandna wrote:Hi,

I want to learn astrology is any online course available and what is the cost.

Pls also let me what ancient scripture one can read.

thanks

Vandna Arora
There used to be courses offered by some jyotishis from several 'camps'. You should try to google and see what is available and decide from there. For all serious students I always advice that they should 'bite the bullet' and go straight for the Bible of Jyotish, which is arguably Brihat Parasar Hora Shastra (available in hindi, sanskrit, english). Though there are some fine differences between the different editions, beginners should not get disturbed by that as they are sufficiently similar and useful. Sharma's english translation is the most lucid generally.

Houk and Swaboda's Light on Life is a very well written and pithy and reasonably complete synopsis of jyotish too.

Don't worry about differences. When you actually begin looking at charts, you will find that what you have learned would need to be modified, too when the proverbial rubber meets the road!  :smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:16 am

Think of this forum as a hard_disk with all the folders and subfolders etc. And the harddisk known as Mystic Board is HUGE! If you do not place the file in the right folder or subfolder, you know what can happen :-)

Unfortunately, the search function is not too facile, although to their credit, MB administrators and IT have done a superfine job, once the members take the time to get to learn the directory structure and organization!

Love, Light, Explanations!

Return to “Vedic Astrology”