Rahu and Surya not so good on me!!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

soul2soul

Rahu and Surya not so good on me!!

Post by soul2soul » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:09 pm

Well these two planets are not exactly showering "good vibes" on me!!

(according to astrologers)

Well they are not in "neech/lowest house" but they trouble me!!

I'm very accident prone and have bad case of temper (end up breaking stuffs)

I was told to offer "jaal/water" to Sun every sunday... and wear a ring of "Gomeed / brown gem" (don't know the exact english words :D )

Any suggestions ?
Mike here... a new member !!!
Shine...

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:06 pm

Hi,

Moved to the Vedic astrology forum,

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: Rahu and Surya not so good on me!!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:16 am

[quote="soul2soul"][b]
Well these two planets are not exactly showering "good vibes" on me!![/b]
(according to astrologers)

Well they are not in "neech/lowest house" but they trouble me!!

I'm very accident prone and have bad case of temper (end up breaking stuffs)

I was told to offer "jaal/water" to Sun every sunday... and wear a ring of "Gomeed / brown gem" (don't know the exact english words :D )

Any suggestions ?
Mike here... a new member !!![/quote]

Dear Mike (and others),

Your opening sentence spoke volumes. And this is the mindset that prevails in jyotish and promoted by jyotishis. "Rahu and Sun are not showering good vibes on me".

Without feeling criticised, or taking my posting personally and feeling attacked, cornered or even censured, consider this. There are now close to 7 billion human beings in this world! Even if a fraction of these had exactly the same lagna, sun and rahu as you (for example) you can imagine that planetary distributions being relatively uniformly distributed since they are cyclic and reasonably repetitive in their periodicities and cycles,  thousands if not hundreds of thousands must be enjoying the same configurations in their chart as you are. Assuming that not all of them are experiencing the same negative fate as you (I have no proof for that based on direct observation of your rahu-sun twins in this world...) it seems to me logical to conclude that neither sun nor rahu are really aware of your existence. Hence they are not picking on you directly or personally out of some personal vendetta!

Planets and planetary combinations in charts are often made out to be villains by astrologers and the mis-perception is passed on to the client for one or many reasons. Using my tired and tiring examples of noon-hour and throngs of hungry people heading out to lunch -- it is not the clock that is making you hungry, it is merely indicating the probability that most people will get hungry when noon-hour strikes!

Similarly, rahu and sun in a given horoscope! The ones that are not affected by the clock are those that can delay hunger, or have urgent business to take care of, or who (like me!) just hate crowded places and often delay eating for an hour or two, by personal choice on many a day.

If you believe that you are insignificant and mean nothing to sun and rahu (or remaining planets!) and that they perhaps even don't know or care that you exist, suddenly all these magical remedies of gemstones and the remaining nine yards that are rather loosely prescribed at significant cost to individuals many of whom then get frustrated and complain to other jyotishis (I speak from direct experience) who often wonder why the remedies were prescribed in the first place, by whomsoever!

There is room for remedies, but not the shotgun approach utilized these days in some quarters. Try this gemstone and if that does not work, come back for a mantra or pooja or homa and if that does not work, we will organize a retreat for you of higher potency and if that fails and you lose hope and faith, there will be more jyotishis to take care of you and the cycle shall begin again. I am not being cynical, I am being a realist! It is time that you became one too!

When misfortunes strike, human being has the tendency to shift blame! First it starts with parents, siblings, teachers, friends, spouse, family then it moves on to planets and stars (who are mostly going about their way, minding their own business oblivious of ones personal problems and inefficiencies) and finally the black noose of blame falls around the neck of God Almighty! "Oh God what bad did I do to you that you are punishing me? Hey Bhagwaan mainey tera kya bigada kay tu itnaa nishthur ho gaya mujhpar!"

I am not mocking or minimizing somones real pain, perceived misfortune and adversity. God knows, I have had a few too and yes I have blamed the planets and God too!

All sufferings are due to karma. karma is due to desires and resulting attachments. The only remedy is to remove the desires, attachments and ownership, for starters. As long as they cling to the soul, it shall suffer.

If the gomedak or sapphire or diamond that an individual is wearing to appease rahu, saturn or venus and it gets stolen or lost tomorrow, what will the individual feel? If it is felt as a personal loss then it means there was a sense of attachment and ownership. The gemstone was worn as a token offering to Rahu, Saturn or Venus! If you are feeling the loss and ownership, you never OFFERED the damned piece of mineral to the planets, in the first place!

Does this make sense? Now do you understand why mechanically wearing a gemstone does not get people to attain the astrological remedial benefit that they were hoping in *return* for their paltry investment? Paltry in relative terms to the earlier done mal-karma which may have led them to the mal-experience in this lifetime.

Nowhere in jyotish classics of repute is it written or recommended that you can remedy planets by wearing gemstones! If that were true women in general, at least the affluent ones should not overal suffer any misfortunes or pains! Lady Di should have been the most blessed soul (May God give her peace) in this world with no personal pains or tragedy. The gemstones, were prescribed and associated with planets to be DONATED in charity! Usually possible only for the very rich and Kings for whom much of astrology was written about at least in the middle ages -- since the kings were supporting the structure and edifice of astrology. Do you really think that the court-astrologers went out in the masses to give astrological readings and prescribe remedies?

Hopefully, this helps clear up some of the things ...

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Vedic Astrology”