###Guru chandal yog###

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

vijiyan

Post by vijiyan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:03 am

Hi All, My uncle has Guru Chandal yoga in his birth chart. During Jupiter Maha dasha he got good success in his academics. His lagna is Kanya lagna and Guru rules 4th and 7th houses.  Guru and rahu are closely  conjunct. 1 degree difference separates them .

During later part of his life , both his mother and wife suffered cancer and recovered too. I think this yoga gives both happiness and pains too.

Rohiniranjan

Some good reading material for all who like to explore

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:59 pm

It is exciting to observe that many modern minds drawn to study divination and more specifically, astrology have exploratory tendencies. As opposed to blind faith. If properly applied this can clarify seemingly obtuse or seemingly unfathomable situations. Essential for any kind of research and self-study, even though no one can really claim to do so perfectly all the time. Occultism is particularly vulnerable to biases of all sorts because a lot of assumptions are utilized as we build up a framework, a structure upon which it operates, although many dots remain missing. The human mind has the faculty to "connect scattered dots" and to see meaningful shapes. A simple case in point is the visualization of the zodiacal signs. One of the most visible signs in the sky is scorpio. Even though the stars do not really show a scorpion in details, the picture is unmistakable. But what would those pattern mean to someone who has never seen a scorpion, real or in a picture or painting? For instance the very first (assumed?) human being who first exclaimed, "Eureka! There is a pattern that looks like a SCORPIOn in the sky!"

I wonder what would that person have thought if he had never seen a scorpion and saw the shape in the sky!

Anyways, I would bring some interesting reading material to the notice of my dear friends here:

http://skepdic.com/essays/Haskins.html

http://skepdic.com/selectionbias.html

http://www.skepdic.com/refuge/ctlessons/ch8.pdf

Love, Light, Reality,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

anuj007

Post by anuj007 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:31 pm

i have jupitier and ketu in 3rd house in scorpio and rahu aspecting it from 8th house.
i am kanya lagna. is this guru chandal yoga

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:53 pm

anuj007 wrote:i have jupitier and ketu in 3rd house in scorpio and rahu aspecting it from 8th house.
i am kanya lagna. is this guru chandal yoga
Thank you Anuj ji! I had completely forgotten about this stilted cyber-coversation!

What I meant to say and probably could have been seen as a bit 'cryptic' as I have been blamed from time to time by the high and mighty as well as peers and younger ones -- what I meant to say was that all these yogas, including MPY or GKY or KSY or others do not often seem to continue life-long, and please don't ask me WHY (wow that even rhymes with the three-letter Ys!).

So, obviously we've got to take into account dashas and out of the fifty some, and those that fit the conditions prescribed, there should be some consonance between the planets forming the yoga or related ones and the time periods of fructification and the converse during the lifetime?

Sounds logical?

Actually, this note was addressed at Vijiyan, who never responded to my post made in response to his post about his uncle. Which you reminded me about!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

anuj007

Post by anuj007 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:48 am

thank you for responding Sir,i completely understand that there would have to be a lot of other factor to consider and it is not life lasting.
ragards
Anuj

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:04 pm

anuj007 wrote:thank you for responding Sir,i completely understand that there would have to be a lot of other factor to consider and it is not life lasting.
ragards
Anuj

Dear Anuj ji,

It is not your fault, believe me! No matter which forum you go to, it is hard not to come away with the impression that somehow these individual combinations etc work in exclusion to everything else. The reason is that the medium is linear and only one thing or factor can get discussed at one time. But over time and in actual practice one cannot escape from noticing that in operational reality this is not the case and we all figure out ways to incorporate several things into the mix, although even there preferences are not uniform or consistent.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”