###Guru chandal yog###

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

biltu

Post by biltu » Fri May 25, 2012 9:50 pm

^^^ Those illiterate jyotishis only be vanquish when government take strict steep against them. Lots of institute are open now a days specially in Kolkata to give lesson and certificate in jyotish. I have doubt how much those student gather the knowledge of vast jyotish from those institute. Only in few years no one cannot get good knowledge about jyotish, only practice, time and devotion in jyotish make a person expert on it.
guru chandal, kal sarpa, vipareeta raja, gaja kesari, or even rajyogas, and others easy to said from a natal chart, it dose not need any credit. Everyone can tell it after take a lesson from those institute, but actual expertise on jyotish are very rear and those expertise only know where those combination of planet are giving the actual result said by jyotishis book. People need to find those expertise to know their natal chart otherwise they will be misguided by easily find jyotishis and jyotishini.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 25, 2012 11:28 pm

biltu wrote:^^^ Those illiterate jyotishis only be vanquish when government take strict steep against them. Lots of institute are open now a days specially in Kolkata to give lesson and certificate in jyotish. I have doubt how much those student gather the knowledge of vast jyotish from those institute. Only in few years no one cannot get good knowledge about jyotish, only practice, time and devotion in jyotish make a person expert on it.
guru chandal, kal sarpa, vipareeta raja, gaja kesari, or even rajyogas, and others easy to said from a natal chart, it dose not need any credit. Everyone can tell it after take a lesson from those institute, but actual expertise on jyotish are very rear and those expertise only know where those combination of planet are giving the actual result said by jyotishis book. People need to find those expertise to know their natal chart otherwise they will be misguided by easily find jyotishis and jyotishini.
Biltu,

Not sure which institute etc you are targetting your 'lance' at and without knowing specifics no meaningful conclusions can be made out of your ?posting? which typically lacks context etc and so becomes like a 'koen'! The mystical sayings associated with zen are like that! Or rorschack's patterns ;-) You can go anywhere with those and still not understand what was the actual intention, if any, of the posting! :-)

My point, if you were even remotely referring to that, was and which obviously missed you completely or you missed it entirely, was that the 'labels' or titles given to those yogas must not be relied upon too religiously or literally, unless one is not sincere about jyotish because in the modern reality, their 'expressions' in actual practice are very different from what the scriptures indicated! Most of the times! In particular, though not in their essence, if the essence is understood and that means going beyond their labels and titles and names!

My last post on this branching of the thread because I hate spinning wheels because they case friction and heat and I do not want you to take this too personally, as I sense you already are or soon will ;-)

Love, Light, Peace!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

biltu

Post by biltu » Fri May 25, 2012 11:43 pm

^^^^ I do not take anything personally in this board  :)
this board is for sharing thoughts with others  :smt006

am I so sensitive  :smt017

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat May 26, 2012 3:00 am

Certain wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: Guru is the icon of teacher (among many other things!) and Rahu is the universal BAD GUY as proclaimed by certain Jyotish communities etc. Put the two together and you have the ready recipe for a chela who betrayed the guru.

But is Guru the icon of all that is good, always?
Is Rahu the icon of all that is bad, always?

Love, Light, Common sense!
There are reasons why astrology didnt get its worth. One of them is free will to contort and distort the information the way one wants it. Sage Parashar would not descend down to clarify , snatch away degree /certificate or ask for any royalty.
My apology for being headstrong about this Guru chanadal yoga , I find this explanation  literally very funny. I wonder rather than being a bad shishya, why it can't be  for a person who is destined to have 'a chandal Guru'. Someone who was supposed to have good elders/good guru has now instead chandala guru.
No, I havent started concluding  the same way. I just want to highlight another point of view for such random conclusions.
This yoga is Guru Chandal and not shishya Chandala.
The way Guru was being quoted as 'wisdom' and rahu as maligning wisdom, why not otherway around, Jupiter cleaning it up on Rahu.
This is not the only one.People will see Mars and Venus together , and right off the bat , it becomes 'oh , multiple relationships."
Debilitated moon right off the bat is Neech mata.
This is the sorry state of astrology.

Dear Siya,

Since confusion seems to be brewing in our Mistic forum <!>, let me be more direct!

What you quoted from my longer message was not how I understand or understood *it*, but it may seem so to the casual reader of these boards, if they see only that quoted 'fragment!' ;-)

This is why I generally, at the cost of seemingly wasting bandwidth (mea culpa!) tend to quote the entire message I am replying to, unless it is a long thread or *made* more complicated by some who insist on posting at the top, bottom or the thread and even in the middle of message (all flavours have been seen and sustained and some sufferred as well!).

What you quoted was me just stating the 'general understanding and that often leads to or is laden with confusion!

For me, personally, Guru Chandal Yoga is simply a mnemonic of the Rishis saying that Guru (Jupiter) and Chandal (nodes) are combined in a house or sign! Nothing more and nothing less!

It has per se (by itself) no direct reference to the other meaning of Guru (Teacher of one or many kinds!) or the many meanings of chandaal, necessarily!

Then where we take the Guru keyword from Jupiter to its many significations such as fortune, wealth, child, teacher, wisdom, body fat, yellow things, pukhraj, sweet and fattening foods like a yellow motichur laddu, liver, akasha tattwa, a measure of the zodiac represented by a cycle of 12 years, ancient books and knowledge etc etc etc, or the chandal keyword from the higher meanings to the lowest that the nodes represent are all within the scope and spectrum of the combination! None of which individually are a 'given' as many many folks high, medium and low, hastily choose to "pin the pig tail on the donkey" in the childish game or is it the "donkey tail on the pig?"

THAT was what I was objecting to and sure as hell, dear friend, there would be folks both less and more wiser than me who would be upset by my direct post (this one) and disagree! And not all of those are necessarily less sincere than I am or less experienced than I am and certainly not less knowledgeable!

I hope all this is making some sense to some if not all, particularly on a forum with as wide spectrum of temperaments, knowledge and experience and many many raisons d'etre, here.

If not, then thankfully, it is just my time that is getting wasted, and I am in no hurry for Salvation or PURRfection! Today I had a rough day and somewhat stupidly and carelessly caused me some physical injury :-)

I smile because, then I was given an opportunity to witness how a thunderstorm develops, gradually! Though weather channel had been warning and even promising one, the day had been bright and clear and sunny and hot and all was hunky dory. When my injury occurred! Then as I was taking it easy (I always do after injuries...grateful for the escape! As it could have been worse, right?), the winds picked up and the huge trees began swaying and their branches and leaves. I watched enraptured as I took in this GRAND display by MA! The huge swaying branches were doing Tai-Chi and describing the movements that had I videographed could have been a wonderful 'training video' for students and followers of Chi/Qi disciplines and traditions! Then even while enamoured and more by such display, I continued with normal business and began cooking the meal outside my dwelling as planned. As anticipated, those preparing the dishes for me to cook were a bit blasé (and I was getting impatient!) and surely the rain came down and after the initial 'heat treatment' we had to move the operation indoors! (fate and free-will and earlier free-will ensuring that the power stayed on to complete the operation!). It was one of the best and most loving meals that family and friends received and experienced today!

I did not share all this with them, they may not understand, nor is there a need to! :-)

Thanks MA (Nature!)

One may say, I experienced a paradigm shift today! No PAIN no GAIN! :-)

CHI and MA moves in mysterious ways and Jyotish is but one of the subjects in HER massive curriculum for us!!

Love, Light, Gratitude!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat May 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: Dear Siya,

Since confusion seems to be brewing in our Mistic forum <!>, let me be more direct!

What you quoted from my longer message was not how I understand or understood *it*, but it may seem so to the casual reader of these boards, if they see only that quoted 'fragment!' ;-)

This is why I generally, at the cost of seemingly wasting bandwidth (mea culpa!) tend to quote the entire message I am replying to, unless it is a long thread or *made* more complicated by some who insist on posting at the top, bottom or the thread and even in the middle of message (all flavours have been seen and sustained and some sufferred as well!).

What you quoted was me just stating the 'general understanding and that often leads to or is laden with confusion!

For me, personally, Guru Chandal Yoga is simply a mnemonic of the Rishis saying that Guru (Jupiter) and Chandal (nodes) are combined in a house or sign! Nothing more and nothing less!

It has per se (by itself) no direct reference to the other meaning of Guru (Teacher of one or many kinds!) or the many meanings of chandaal, necessarily!

Then where we take the Guru keyword from Jupiter to its many significations such as fortune, wealth, child, teacher, wisdom, body fat, yellow things, pukhraj, sweet and fattening foods like a yellow motichur laddu, liver, akasha tattwa, a measure of the zodiac represented by a cycle of 12 years, ancient books and knowledge etc etc etc, or the chandal keyword from the higher meanings to the lowest that the nodes represent are all within the scope and spectrum of the combination! None of which individually are a 'given' as many many folks high, medium and low, hastily choose to "pin the pig tail on the donkey" in the childish game or is it the "donkey tail on the pig?"

THAT was what I was objecting to and sure as hell, dear friend, there would be folks both less and more wiser than me who would be upset by my direct post (this one) and disagree! And not all of those are necessarily less sincere than I am or less experienced than I am and certainly not less knowledgeable!

I hope all this is making some sense to some if not all, particularly on a forum with as wide spectrum of temperaments, knowledge and experience and many many raisons d'etre, here.

If not, then thankfully, it is just my time that is getting wasted, and I am in no hurry for Salvation or PURRfection! Today I had a rough day and somewhat stupidly and carelessly caused me some physical injury :-)

I smile because, then I was given an opportunity to witness how a thunderstorm develops, gradually! Though weather channel had been warning and even promising one, the day had been bright and clear and sunny and hot and all was hunky dory. When my injury occurred! Then as I was taking it easy (I always do after injuries...grateful for the escape! As it could have been worse, right?), the winds picked up and the huge trees began swaying and their branches and leaves. I watched enraptured as I took in this GRAND display by MA! The huge swaying branches were doing Tai-Chi and describing the movements that had I videographed could have been a wonderful 'training video' for students and followers of Chi/Qi disciplines and traditions! Then even while enamoured and more by such display, I continued with normal business and began cooking the meal outside my dwelling as planned. As anticipated, those preparing the dishes for me to cook were a bit blasé (and I was getting impatient!) and surely the rain came down and after the initial 'heat treatment' we had to move the operation indoors! (fate and free-will and earlier free-will ensuring that the power stayed on to complete the operation!). It was one of the best and most loving meals that family and friends received and experienced today!

I did not share all this with them, they may not understand, nor is there a need to! :-)

Thanks MA (Nature!)

One may say, I experienced a paradigm shift today! No PAIN no GAIN! :-)

CHI and MA moves in mysterious ways and Jyotish is but one of the subjects in HER massive curriculum for us!!

Love, Light, Gratitude!
Dear Dada,

A song for You.... Today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-Z1YwaOiw

The lyrics:=
http://www.elyrics.net/read/l/lee-ann-w ... yrics.html

Warmest,

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun May 27, 2012 2:59 am

RishiRahul wrote: Dear Dada,

A song for You.... Today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-Z1YwaOiw

The lyrics:=
http://www.elyrics.net/read/l/lee-ann-w ... yrics.html

Warmest,

RishiRahul

Oh THANK YOU, kind brother and the song was beautiful, of course! Like the Sea of Dwarka! Where Saturn's Blessings was first received and thence transmitted!

Sometimes as "Laharon kaa...", 'Layers_on kaa' Munshi!

Always - WAVES dance in KEY with CHI/QI, sometimes they invite the 'bean-counter' too and then it gets reported! As per destiny and the associated pada etc...

Thanks!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

narayanbhatt

Post by narayanbhatt » Mon May 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Dear GBYE,

No , Guru Chandal Yoga forms when Jupiter and Rahu are conjuncts in one house , not when jupiter and ketu conjucts each other.

Severity of effects can only be studied in which sign they are posited and which planet they are getting aspect .

If suppose rahu and jupiter in 4th house are placed in aries then results may be :-

One may get benefit of immovable assets but he will not be satisfied
One may go in bad society but timely guidance of older people or good friend may save one.
Material satisfaction will be less
One may adopt wrong means to get profit

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 29, 2012 1:50 am

narayanbhatt wrote:Dear GBYE,

No , Guru Chandal Yoga forms when Jupiter and Rahu are conjuncts in one house , not when jupiter and ketu conjucts each other.

Severity of effects can only be studied in which sign they are posited and which planet they are getting aspect .

If suppose rahu and jupiter in 4th house are placed in aries then results may be :-

One may get benefit of immovable assets but he will not be satisfied
One may go in bad society but timely guidance of older people or good friend may save one.
Material satisfaction will be less
One may adopt wrong means to get profit

Dear Pandit ji Maharaaj,

The problems inherent in making such 'clear-sounding' claims based on one specific combination is that they remain hit or miss. Sometimes they work out, sometimes not!

All four of the 'effects' have been seen in charts when jupiter alone is placed in the fourth house! Isn't that interesting? But in those cases, the jupiter was 'afflicted' due to being functional malefic and other considerations, with rahu not even in the viscinity, except one case where it was in lagna so some jyotishis can attempt to stretch and do 'thok-peet' and apply the universal and popular discipline of "Astro-FIT-Ology"!

Rahu's presence with jupiter in fourth might serve as the negative factor that vitiates jupiter! But your 2nd 'canon' which is the only one out of the three that brings the essence of jupiter and rahu in the same pronouncement does not bear logic! Because if (guru-jans) can save one by timely guidance, then rahu is rendered powerless, right? But that axes the very root of the scary Guru-Chandal yoga which is often used by some to strike fear in nubile hearts and all of which gives Jyotish a very bad name in modern reality!!

Fundamentals are the key insofar as Jyotish is concerned but *fundamentalism* simply pushes progress thousands of years backwards! We should refrain from that!

The above, interestingly, reminds me of the other scare-crow in Jyotish: Combustion by sun! Particularly when it is not even considered if sun in the chart was a benefic or malefic, functionally! :-)

Many fall for stuff like that, many others have grown wiser due to wider experience! And I do not mean just experience of nascent jyotish, but LIFE and HUMAN EXPERIENCE also known as ihalaukik REALITY!!

Love, Light, Reality!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

narayanbhatt

Post by narayanbhatt » Tue May 29, 2012 4:48 am

Dear ,

In this case Jupiter being in aries makes Jupiter functional benefic in chart

Where as Rahu is like saturn and so it bears enemity with Mars .

So going by the assumption Rahu will act as functional malefic here , so one can go in bad society but due to Jupiter being Strong here , so some timely advice from older person may save him from bad society .

Here results of both will be pronouncing , and therefore positive and negative shades will be there .

Regards,

Narayan Bhatt

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 29, 2012 11:18 am

narayanbhatt wrote:Dear ,

So going by the assumption Rahu will act as functional malefic here , so one can go in bad society but due to Jupiter being Strong here , so some timely advice from older person may save him from bad society .

Here results of both will be pronouncing , and therefore positive and negative shades will be there .

Regards,

Narayan Bhatt
Dear Panditji maharaaj,

Where did "in this case" come from in your posting, I am at a loss to comprehend!

If you are taking a random example of jupiter in aries in fourth, then lagna would be makar and jupiter would rule the 12th and 3rd so would be a functional malefic and not functional benefic as you judged! :-)

If you had some other 'undisclosed' (by you!) chart in mind, then please unwrap the puzzle or gift that you are planning to bestow upon us incogniscentii (the great unwashed!) ;-)

Otherwise, the thread will turn into a "dogs breakfast", would it not?

Light and Love and REALITY!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Regards,

Narayan Bhatt
The influence of an adverse social or vocational environment could be a factor; but does the good advisor have to be old?

Why do you call the advisor old?

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 30, 2012 1:34 am

RishiRahul wrote:

Regards,

Narayan Bhatt
The influence of an adverse social or vocational environment could be a factor; but does the good advisor have to be old?

RishiRahul
Maybe Panditji maharaaj was referring to the age-periods of the planets, though in modern sense jupiter will be of the banaprastha age and not really old! In days when life expectancy was 57-60 years (as per WHO) Jupiter would be considered 'old'! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu May 31, 2012 6:25 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Regards,

Narayan Bhatt

RishiRahul
Maybe Panditji maharaaj was referring to the age-periods of the planets, though in modern sense jupiter will be of the banaprastha age and not really old! In days when life expectancy was 57-60 years (as per WHO) Jupiter would be considered 'old'! ;-)

Dada,

Surely narayanbhatt ji would respond to this to make it clearer for us.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:03 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Regards,

Narayan Bhatt

RishiRahul

Dada,

RishiRahul

Lest I be misunderstood (again...!), I was not trying to steal the thunder from Narayan_ji! But as I was reading his recent 'interesting' sharings, the 'ages' of the planets was something MA brought across my work desk (like SHE often has in the past and each time my amazement and humble pranaams to HER increase; I was just sharing that with you all -- I am certain NB_ji might have other explanations etc...)

Moon and Saturn are OLD. The latter may bring no surprise to most but the former might make a few wonder...! West and East!!

Mars, mercury, venus generally bring to mind the imagery of youth!

Anyways, let us wait patiently for wiser hands to type, or whatever...!

Light, Love, Levity!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Regards,

Narayan Bhatt

RishiRahul

Dada,

RishiRahul

Lest I be misunderstood (again...!), I was not trying to steal the thunder from Narayan_ji! But as I was reading his recent 'interesting' sharings, the 'ages' of the planets was something MA brought across my work desk (like SHE often has in the past and each time my amazement and humble pranaams to HER increase; I was just sharing that with you all -- I am certain NB_ji might have other explanations etc...)

Moon and Saturn are OLD. The latter may bring no surprise to most but the former might make a few wonder...! West and East!!

Mars, mercury, venus generally bring to mind the imagery of youth!

Anyways, let us wait patiently for wiser hands to type, or whatever...!

Light, Love, Levity!

Dear Dada,

I wonder why Moon would be old?

Me too patiently waiting for Panditji's explanation of 'the timely advise from an older person.
Why couldn't the advisor be of same age or even younger?!

RishiRahul
Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Vedic Astrology”