An interesting ayanamsa sensitive case

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

projenator

An interesting ayanamsa sensitive case

Post by projenator » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:21 pm

DOB: July 27, 1973.
Time of birth: 3:10 AM
Place of birth: Madurai, TamilNadu.

Using Lahiri, asc comes out to 29 Ta, using Lahiri -57'55", it comes to 0 Ge

thoughts, comments from esteemed divinators ??

projenator

Post by projenator » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:39 pm

Rishirahulji, what would you proceed with as ascendant, gemini or taurus ?

thanks and regards,

Rohiniranjan

Re: An interesting ayanamsa sensitive case

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:15 am

projenator wrote:DOB: July 27, 1973.

Very interesting Proj, thanks for 'fishing' this one out to you (one machchi to another is not considered insulting ;-))

Obviously a sandhi birth and assuming this is a male, were there some significant relationships/marriage during:
may 96 to march 97
jan 2002 to july 2003
dec 2003 to feb 2005?

Since september 2007 have there been some negative issues around marriage/family and health (particularly trouble with eyes, nose-sinuses, mouth, throat)?

slightly curly or wavy hair, dark sparkling eyes, the voice is not clear but a bit raspy (not sure if I am describing what I mean properly), and had some problems during birth or soon afterwards.

Let me know if any of this fits.

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:34 am

ALL DATA COLLECTED FROM NATIVE UNTIL September 13, 2008

Maternal GrandMother died: Sep 18, 1982
Maternal GrandFather died: August 10, 1997.
Mother's brother died: Jan 29, 1994 in cycle accident in Madurai.
Paternal GrandMother died: Jan 6, 2005.

Finished X class: 1988
Finished XII class: 1990
Finished B.E( Electronics and Communication): 1994
Joined M.E(Electronics and Communication) in 1994. Took first job on Jan 2, 1996 and never defended Thesis to be awarded the degree.
Got first job in Oct 1995.
Started First Job: Jan 2, 1996
Changed to Second Job: July 31, 1997.
Went Abroad in Nov 1997 and returned in Feb 1998. Travelled many times abroad during 1998.
Third Job: June 1, 1999. Went abroad from March to August 2000. returned to India and then moved to US.
Came to US: Sep 11, 2000.
Switched Job in US: Apr 2, 2001

My Parents met my wife on March 19, 2004.
Got engaged in Madras on nov 298, 2004 at madras.
Got married on May 6, 2005 at Madras.
First big fight with wife - July 15, 2005.
First separation from wife Aug 30, 2005 to Sep 27, 2005.

father worked in the Central Govt. Mother is house-wife.

1 elder brother born on Sep 27, 1971 at 18:13PM IST at Krishnagiri, TamilNadu, India.

More to follow.

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:36 am

Interesting question Projj...straight out of my notes.

I was wondering about these cups wrt to the ayanamsha. In the example mentioned both lagna and mercury are on the cusp

Mercury becomes Dk or GK becomes lagna lord or in own sign....too many factors at play.Now I am rambling.

I hope I can get some learning here too :)

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:38 am

BTW If I may ask how did you arrive at Lahiri -57'55" :)

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:50 am

soulsearch wrote:Interesting question Projj...straight out of my notes.

I was wondering about these cups wrt to the ayanamsha. In the example mentioned both lagna and mercury are on the cusp

Mercury becomes Dk or GK becomes lagna lord or in own sign....too many factors at play.Now I am rambling.

Here's some learning for both of us MJy, if I may

1. Accepting the status as it has been given to us. Our chart
2. Admitting that the chart was not imposed upon us or landed on our heads as a surprise gift! But as a consequence of our past actions and decisions.
3. Acknowledging and recognizing/realizing that a lifetime including the current one is but a sliver of the total reality that we are living at this given instant or in terms of the experience of the soul that we represent. In other words, there is more than we experience and are aware of. Important thing to admit and really believe in!
4. Remedies are just little games we play to soothe ourselves in a relatively short term basis, in the big picture! Even when the pain is real, huge and unmanageable!
5. Like the modern tendency when shopping to be faced by umpteen choices and brands which simply distract -- jyotish of this modern reality has also assumed the same format and framework! It is best to learn about one house in details when we are planning to move into an edifice where we wish to live for a long time! Jyotish bhavan!!
6. And finally the WILL, the most important deed as the lawyers remind us! Do we really want to come back and finish unfinished business or do we want to wrap things up intelligently so that there are no loose ends! Jyotish helps in that...

HTH

kind regards

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:57 am

projenator wrote:

Here's some learning for you MJy, if I may

2. Admitting that the chart was not imposed upon us or landed on our heads as a surprise gift! But as a consequence of our past actions and decisions.
3. Acknowledging and recognizing/realizing that a lifetime including the current one is but a sliver of the total reality that we are living at this given instant or in terms of the experience of the soul that we represent. In other words, there is more than we experience and are aware of. Important thing to admit and really believe in!
4. Remedies are just little games we play to soothe ourselves in a relatively short term basis, in the big picture! Even when the pain is real, huge and unmanageable!
5. Like the modern tendency when shopping to be faced by umpteen choices and brands which simply distract -- jyotish of this modern reality has also assumed the same format and framework! It is best to learn about one house in details when we are planning to move into an edifice where we wish to live for a long time! Jyotish bhavan!!
6. And finally the WILL, the most important deed as the lawyers remind us! Do we really want to come back and finish unfinished business or do we want to wrap things up intelligently so that there are no loose ends! Jyotish helps in that...

HTH

kind regards
I have sensed that before :)
thanks !!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:07 am

projenator wrote:

HTH

kind regards
Dear Projji,

You are going to need a new wardrobe, shoes and hats  :smt002

I am happy for you!

One tiny grain of sand if I may introduce, bhai and hope that you will create a pearl around it with your brilliance and explosive energy ...?

We choose which movie we want to spend the evening in and with whom and sometimes it could be just with ourselves, alone but not lonely at all! Some movies entertain us, some bother us, some we think was money wasted, and some we hate but do not 'get' it until many years later! I speak from personal experience. It is wise to wait and not run out of the theatre at the first sign of boredom! Time is an illusion and we are only wasting it if we believe in that illusion as being REAL!...

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:18 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
projenator wrote:

HTH

kind regards
Dear Projji,

You are going to need a new wardrobe, shoes and hats  :smt002

I am happy for you!
Looks like my daily schedule of tennis, lifting weights and dancing salsa is making me grow up instead of growing BIG.

Unfortunately, more rewards for the latter than the former  :smt002

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:27 am

rohiniranjan wrote:

Very interesting Proj, thanks for 'fishing' this one out to you (one machchi to another is not considered insulting ;-))

Obviously a sandhi birth and assuming this is a male, were there some significant relationships/marriage during:
may 96 to march 97
jan 2002 to july 2003
dec 2003 to feb 2005?

Since september 2007 have there been some negative issues around marriage/family and health (particularly trouble with eyes, nose-sinuses, mouth, throat)?

slightly curly or wavy hair, dark sparkling eyes, the voice is not clear but a bit raspy (not sure if I am describing what I mean properly), and had some problems during birth or soon afterwards.

Native's Parents met bride-to-be on March 19, 2004.

Sep 2007 was very bad. native and his wife were separated. Native's wife lost her mother on Aug 28, 2007. her father is sick and ailing. family relation between native's parents and relatives has been very tense bcos of all this.

Native is having recurring skin infection since may 2007 and it aggravated since Sep 2007. Had some digestive issues as well

Native has wavy hair, eyes like japanese. voice is booming, doesn't need a microphone while addressing a group.

Native is religious and believes in prayers.

I am assuming the aforementioned facts were arrived at using lahiri - 57'55", please correct me if i am wrong.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:05 am

projenator wrote:...
I am assuming the aforementioned facts were arrived at using lahiri - 57'55", please correct me if i am wrong.

Sadly, yes!  :smt010

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:54 pm

projenator wrote:Rishirahulji, what would you proceed with as ascendant, gemini or taurus ?

thanks and regards,

Hi Projenator,

This is interesting. Will get back soon

RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:05 pm

projenator wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:

may 96 to march 97
jan 2002 to july 2003
dec 2003 to feb 2005?

Sep 2007 was very bad. native and his wife were separated. Native's wife lost her mother on Aug 28, 2007. her father is sick and ailing. family relation between native's parents and relatives has been very tense bcos of all this.

Native is having recurring skin infection since may 2007 and it aggravated since Sep 2007. Had some digestive issues as well

Native has wavy hair, eyes like japanese. voice is booming, doesn't need a microphone while addressing a group.

Hi Proj and Dada,

So how did you arrive at your/the conclusion? I will also share mine when I get time soon. This ayanamsa was always in the back of my mind.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:23 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
projenator wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:

may 96 to march 97
jan 2002 to july 2003
dec 2003 to feb 2005?

Hi Proj and Dada,

So how did you arrive at your/the conclusion? I will also share mine when I get time soon. This ayanamsa was always in the back of my mind.

RishiRahul
Rishi, I think Proj was reporting actual observations from the nativity, while Dada was using very boring standard, ordinary run-of-the-mill astrology just as he always does :-)

Proj, I prefer to refer to the closer (in arc-distance) ayanamsha so I refer to it from Raman. But since you like Lahiri reference which is 1d27m away from Raman, the value I use is 29m away from Raman or 58m away from Lahiri, so about 5 seconds away from your preference of 57m55s from Lahiri [Is calcutta closer to Burdwan or Chennai?] ;-)

In situations like these where sandhis are involved, in a real reading setting I would be fine-tuning the ayanamsha a bit more because it may be close but not on the dot. Do you know what value of ayanamsha would Narasimha Rao's new system give for this date? You quoted his postings but those did not have any actual values.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”