Lahiri's Ayanamsha Offset

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

NoBody

Lahiri's Ayanamsha Offset

Post by NoBody » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:25 am

okay... ultimately i ve found out what ayanamsha is and that the most popular one is lahiri's and it may be regarded as india's official ayanamsha... as i am new student of astrology i ve some doubts

the software i use is parashara's lite 6.1... when we go to the ayanamsha portion i.e. options>calculation options... we have all the ayanamshas there so that we can select the one we like... i ve lahiri's selected.... but below it is a box that says "specify offset".. the value in it is 00:00:00.. its either there by default or got changed some how due to my habit of fingering with all my softwares continuously... so i want to ask... what does it mean and what value should be there.... particularly for lahiri's

i ll apppreciate the help

thank u
Nobody is perfect.......

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:12 am

Some people like to change (add or subtract) values of existing aymasha and experiment.It is for them.
If you thinking by changing few degrees or mnutes or second you can get better result u shud try it.

This is what i understand.Similar thing is present in jagnaath hora too
this helpes you get your on expereince and experiment. :-0

Regards,
Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:14 am

00.00.0 simply means you r using pure lahiri ayamnsha and not making any modification to it .

NoBody

Post by NoBody » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:12 am

thanx raman

so 00.00.00 means u r using the default settings... and its what mr. lahiri prescribed... and untill u dont learn astrology a great deal u dont change the offset... this thing must be there in other softwares as well.. so can i ask u one thing raman.. do u use any offset.. and if yes y...

this is open question to all other astrologers here as well... what offset they use and y...
Nobody is perfect.......

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:41 am

:-).. No i dont... but ya i try to expereiment devdutta ayamnsha and raman aymsha with few other different settings...
now days there is somethng new by PVR Narasimha Rao ji.. called as modified lahinira ayamhsa..
expereimenting on which he found results to be much better.. I have not expreimented much with it.....
But i think you can start with lahiri ayamsha for starting purpose ...

I hope you got satisfied with reply  ;-)

Regards,
Raman

Vinay Jha

Vedic value of Ayanamsha

Post by Vinay Jha » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:44 pm

See this topic for some suggestions about Ayanamsha in Vedic Astrology section :

"Vimshottari Timings for Planets of Mixed Attributes"

Vinay Jha

ayanamsha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:51 am

Sutradhar's questioin about ayanamsha(raised under the topic on Vimshottari) is valid, and this question has been raised countless of times ever since a difference between traditional Suryasiddhantic ayanamsha with so-called Lahiri ayanamsha was recognized.

Jhora software of PVR Narasimha Rao gives an option of choice among 18 types of ayanamshas. Sadly, traditional value of ayanamsha (Suryasiddhantic, adopted by Aryabhatta too) does not find a place among these 18 choices ! Among these 18, the value given by J N Bhasin comes closest to traditional value which this country believed in ever since Jyotisha was discovered, and even today majority of pandits adopt this traditional value. Why this traditional value should not be given even as a choice among 18 alternatives in jhora is beyond comprehension.

Ayanamsha is not a modern (Western concept), and to give a modern meaning to a traditional concept without even citing the traditional views and values is not good.

Traditional value of ayanamsha is zero for AD 499 with an annual rate of change at +54" per year after this date. This annual rate is different from the modern value of precession of equinoxes at 50.253" per year. But traditional definition of ayanamsha is quite different from  modern view about precession of equinoxes . This is where Lahiri erred, he accepted the medieval view of Manjul which equated the definition of ayanamsha with precession, although Manjul's views were never accepted by mainstream astrologers of medieval India. Traditional view is based upon Suyrasiddhanta, which regards ayanamsha as a cyclic phenomema, its value gyrating between +27 and -27 degrees as max and min limits, whereas precession results in a difference of +90 and -90 degrees between tropical and sidereal. The root of modern (Lahiri's) view is equating nirayana with sidereal, while traditional view was nirayana as fixed Aakaash (Sky) and not as Spica or any other star. Suryasiddhantic theory views nirayana universe (Bhuvaloka) as fixed, while the material universe (Bhooloka) is rotating on its axis vis-a-vis the fixed universe (Bhuvaloka) at a rate of once 42000 year. Its mathematics is highly complicated. It is wrong to use traditiotional ayanamsha without traditional definition and theory. Either one should discard the very notion of ayanamsha and stick to tropical system which is the only choice for all modern scientists, or we must rehabilitate ancient notion of ayanamsha, at least as a choice.

-VJ

sutradhar

Post by sutradhar » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:39 pm

hi vinay,
can u send me the details of the new ayanamasa as per surya siddhanta Its epoch date, per year precession and if possible coinciding dates.
regard
neeraj

sutradhar

Post by sutradhar » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:47 pm

I'd taken yukteshwar which is quite like wht u said
499 and 53.996
i'll post my  own kundli for matching the calc

Vinay Jha

Traditional Ayanamsha

Post by Vinay Jha » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:10 pm

Suryasiddhantic and Puranic Kalpa has 4320 million years, which has 14 manvantaras. Hence, one manvantaras is of  308571428.57  years.

(1/24000) - (1/308571428.57) = (1/24001.866812)

1296000" / 24001.866812 = 53.9958" per year

This is equal to Yukteshwar's ayanamsha.  But Traditional Ayanamsha is 54" exactly.

-VJ

Bhuwan Agrawal

Post by Bhuwan Agrawal » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:31 pm

If I understand correctly then we are safe to use Yukteshwar. Am I correct? or we can also approach the JHORA user group in yahoo for adding this Ayanamsha in their pull down menu.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Have you tried using Devdutta ayamsha with 360 days year.
I think it also does work well.Though i have not much expereimented with it.
But i think it does worth.

Regards,
Raman

nikodim

Post by nikodim » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:18 pm

Teachers are not present, the teacher one God. If pandit recognise though one of these Ayanamsha, then they not pandit, and swindlers. In this world the True is given only by God, any of clarified while it is live, will not give anybody knowledge as at once them and will lose. When time comes to leave, God will always bring to it the pupil to whom that will be an index column, but will never give it knowledge, that should receive them on a straight line from God. All in a matter are mistaken, but everyone at the level. In a material world of a duality you receive knowledge material which error always is. Even prophets are mistaken, because at Spiritual development everyone the level, so also vision and possession Siddhi. There is an instructive allegory in which there is a secret of creation of the world and an exact astrology:“ The world flat, and the fool round “. I have received it directly from God, and it is possible to transfer it, it will not be gone, as is the beginning of all knowledge. Search for Ayanamsha, and God knows on before who is ready to receive it and who else should wait.

sutradhar

Post by sutradhar » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi vinay,
Thanx for your reply. I'd used yukteshwar ayanamsa with 365.25 days a year. I'd found amazingly accurate. Though I just tested on my own kundli. Where all prediction totally failed. Wht is the year used as per tradionalists is it 360 tithis a year or 360 days year or 365.25 a year.
regards
neeraj

nikodim

Post by nikodim » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:02 pm

I badly understand English, but I will try the translator, translation quality I do not guarantee. The astrology ancient was identical both in India and in Egypt. On Yucatan and Mesopotamia. It was condescended by Souls of teachers from frontier levels of the Christ and at once blossoming of civilisations everywhere has begun. It was necessary to raise Belief. In the Golden Age at terrestrial level, and 108 worlds developed in Cali to the South only 72 worlds. Then the consciousness has been more developed, and presently it at level of animals. The matter is turned off also laws of an old astrology do not work, to generation 80 – х years 38 years долгожительства are put., therefore and in a year in Cali the south of 365.25 days, and in the Golden Age 360. I also have written allegory which forces to develop you consciousness, and it at all is turned off. The correct astrology is constructed on a development and destruction cycle. Man's horoscopes it is a full cycle of development, and female it is halves. After all at women even a material genetic code, it XX, and man's, XY. The woman is material and defective therefore it does not have reason and an astrology to it not to learn. It is necessary to know a principle of an exact astrology, then you traditional Ayаnамsha to reject at once all. An astrology everywhere different because have started it to learn after leaving true Ariev all levels which have come later on development to this middle world. Without having a spirituality operating time, all receive that have turned out in cycles of reincarnations. The western astrology from demonic levels, and is that remains from true Indian. At present Souls have a fever of fanaticism and from that the dogmatism has informed an old astrology to us, and western yet has not turned out transitive level of fanaticism and without having Belief has received far similarity from an astrology. All are mistaken. Presently no more than 10-20 persons in the world can construct an exact horoscope, but you never will see their creating universities and writing books on an astrology. Those write a coma destiny the material glory in a matter, and there is taken away True knowledge and belief is not present. All were drained in by illusion of this world, even India has fallen to astral level.

The Indian colleagues, help to make a horoscope on your prime minister Manmohan Singh. Dates of birth of his daughters are necessary to me. It is difficult to me to collect such information. As I will find its horoscope at once I will share with you.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”