Vimshottari Timings for Planets of Mixed Attributes

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:27 am

projenator wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Hey Proj,

By how much does RRji's ayanamsa differ from N.C. Lahiri? I thought it was minus 58 degrees 30 seconds.

RishiRahul
minus 58 minutes only, to be very precise it's 57 minutes 55 secs. I will get back to you in detail later.

Hi Proj,

Did not understand why the 58 minutes and then 57 minutes 55 secs.

When you tell me the actual figure can you also tell me why you mentioned the above. Please.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:30 am

Bhuwan Agrawal wrote:Correction please READ " 6-minutes 32 seconds" NOT 6-deg 32 minutes. Apologies

Hi Bhuvanji,

Thanks for the help. Could you please tell me the difference from N.C. please.

Which other factors are you trying to see?

Thanks,

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:36 am

The more precise value is 57 min 55 secs but for practical purposes, 58 min should suffice. I have edited my prior post with more information. Vinayji's ayanamsa is minus 1 deg 20 min 14 sec from Lahiri

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:39 am

projenator wrote:The more precise value is 57 min 55 secs but for practical purposes, 58 min should suffice. I have edited my prior post with more information. Vinayji's ayanamsa is minus 1 deg 20 min 14 sec from Lahiri
You had earlier mentioned(edited version):=minus 58 minutes only, to be very precise it's 57 minutes 55 secs. As far as Vimshottari dasa goes, Vinayji's ayanamsa is lagging Raman by approximately one month and leading RR's ayanamsa by approximately two months.  As you might already be aware, RR ayanamsa leads Lahiri by a little more than a year. I will get back to you in more detail later.
I too edited my post as I added the comments.

Hi,

Did not understand why you mentioned for RRji 57 min 55 secs but for practical purposes, 58 min should suffice?

I am very open to ideas to reach the perfect one. I copy pasted your comments for easy summary to assist in experimented.

RishiRahul

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:59 am

57 min 55 sec as opposed to 58 min leads to approx one day difference at the PD level. RR has always told me 58 minutes but I know for a fact, he continuously plays with it. At the PD level, RR ayanamsa fits best in my experience.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:03 am

projenator wrote:57 min 55 sec as opposed to 58 min leads to approx one day difference at the PD level. RR has always told me 58 minutes but I know for a fact, he continuously plays with it. At the PD level, RR ayanamsa fits best in my experience.

but remember how many days it can have depnds upon the dasa and antardasa at birth. Slower moving dasa and antar lords will increase or decrease the day difference.

RishiRahul

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:07 am

RishiRahul wrote:
projenator wrote:57 min 55 sec as opposed to 58 min leads to approx one day difference at the PD level. RR has always told me 58 minutes but I know for a fact, he continuously plays with it. At the PD level, RR ayanamsa fits best in my experience.

but remember how many days it can have depnds upon the dasa and antardasa at birth. Slower moving dasa and antar lords will increase or decrease the day difference.

RishiRahul
totally agree, that's why I used the word approximately in all my mention of number of days. I mentioned days just because it will resonate better with someone trying to fit the dasas to real life events as opposed to degrees, minutes, seconds. They are all approximate numbers

Vinay Jha

Please discuss Vimshottari here.

Post by Vinay Jha » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:53 am

Projenator should not label "Vinay jee's ayanamsha". I never propounded any new value of ayanamsha. The value cited by me is what this country believed from the earliest day when ayanamsha was discovered. Suryasiddhantic ayanamsha was used by all astrologers/astronomers from Aryabhatta onwards, and JN Bhasin's value (given in jhora) is closest approach to this traditional value ; it is unfortunate that among the 18 types of ayanamsha given in jhora, traditional value does not find a place (although one can add or substract offsets to get it). Suryasiddhantic ayanamsha should not be compared with sidereal value obtained from assuming Spica to be Chitra as Lahiri did. I am posting the reasons in the relevant topic on ayanamsha, because I do not like to discuss ayanamsha under Vimshottari.

I proposed three correctives, two of which(ayanamsha offset, and tithi for Vimshottari year) already find a place in jhora (as well as in Shri Jyoti Star), and the third (offsets in planetary longitudes) has been included in jhora as Special Points, but these special points are not used intrinsically in the software to revise all tables given by jhora, hence I am not able to use jhora for any serious purpose and had to waste years making another software just for this small lapse in jhora.

Projenator's views about accuracy/inaccuracy of Vimshotari timings are being answered in detail elsewhere, because it requires much space and impartial discussion.

-VJ

Bhuwan Agrawal

Post by Bhuwan Agrawal » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Rishi Rahul Jee,
If you subtract  "1 Deg 20 Minutes 13.7 Seconds" from Lahiri( Chitrapaksha) you get what Vinay Jha Jee is referring.
Regards
Bhuwan

Vinay Jha

Traditional Vs Lahiri Ayanamshas

Post by Vinay Jha » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:29 pm

On Jan 1, 2004, Indian Ephemeris of late NC Lahiri, now published by AK Lahiri, gives following values of Chitrapakshiya Ayanamsha :
True Ayanamsha  : 23:54':34.45"
Mean Ayanamsha : 23:54':46.62"
Nutation              :          -12.17"
Suryasiddhanta    :22:34':14.3332"         (for New Delhi, at noon)

Suryasiddhantic Ayanamsha is always mean and never takes into account nutation, hence difference between Lahiri's and Suryasiddhantic ayanamshas on 1:1:2004 was equal to 1:20':32.29" , as Bhuwan jee has rightly pointed out.
Annual rate of Suryasiddhantic Ayanamsha is +3.7469673" more than the rate of annual precession of equinoxes which Lahiri assumed to define ayanamsha. This annual difference can be used to determine Suryasiddhantic Ayanamsha for any year between BC 1301 and Ad 2299, beyond which above simple method will not work. After AD 2299, Lahiri ayanamsha will cintinue to increase, while Suryasiddhantic ayanamsha will start decreasing. Suryasiddhantic ayanamsha is not precession of the equinoxes, the latter is a concept of physical astronomy, the former is a concept of Second Universe in which deities bearing the names Surya, Chandra, Brhaspati, etc exist ; this is ancient Indian concept of Jyotisha.

-VJ

sutradhar

Post by sutradhar » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi Astro Friends,
Vinaji, Can you send me the ayanamsa for few dates like
1/1/1990 or 21/3/1900
1/1/1950  or 21/3/1950
1/1/2000 or 21/3/2000
which ever is more appropriate. I'll put these dates for matching using 449 and 54'
Unable to install your software. It gave few errors while installin on windows xp. Moreover I, most of the time use linux os. So I needed your help.
thanx
nk

Vinay Jha

Formula of Siddhantic Ayanamsha

Post by Vinay Jha » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:25 pm

Formula of Siddhantic Ayanamsha

Ayanamsha = zero in 3101 BC, again zero in 499 AD and 4099 AD

In the meantime, moves 54" per year.

For 82:30 E, 25:99 N, at noon of Jan 1, Ayanamsha :

1900 AD = 21:00:39"

1900 AD = 21:45:39"

1900 AD = 22:30:38"

1900 AD = 23:15:38"

Bhuwan Agrawal

Post by Bhuwan Agrawal » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:18 pm

Vinay Jha Jee,
I am still having problem in installing the latest code in SP3. Any updates.
Regards
Bhuwan

Acubens

For whom the program «Kundalee» respected Vinay Jha?

Post by Acubens » Fri May 15, 2009 5:58 am

Namaste,
Write, for whom the program «Kundalee» respected Vinay Jha works
Which has made it on the basis of Surya-Sidhanta?  
The updated version of the software can be found at the C.P. (profile page of Vinay Jha)............edited by site moderator....

In «Kundalee» Ayanamsa and other calculations differ from other programs.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”