Sixth sense......

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

code

Sixth sense......

Post by code » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:46 pm

what makes a native  have strong sixth sense, from an astrological point how could this be deduced from a chart? what planets should sit where....to allow this?

Is this trate something the native is born with (as the stars and planets sit at the time of the natives birth) or is it a trate that developes as the meaniful (the one that is connected to sixth sense )planet or stars move around in to approriate points to creat this sense in the individual? :smt012

Any comments, im trying to understand how it work. Is it permenant or changes with planetary movements.

Also, is the ability of sixth sense and mental depression and anxiety connected? (more psychology then astrology i guess, but any budding psych out there, any thoughts on this point?)  :smt011

Code  :smt011

Certain

Post by Certain » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:12 am

Ketu in 10th position makes u intuitive , helped by moon in cancer .I know this much, must be a lot more about it, lets wait for others.

code

Post by code » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:45 pm

cheers 4 that, and yes lets see if others respnd too. Intriged i am indeed!!!

taaa.
code

astro_scholr

my addtions

Post by astro_scholr » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:10 am

To have sixth sense person should be highly analytical.. this means Mercury should be exalted..

With this intuitions also get added...which results in sixth sense.. implies person shud be highly mystic...This can be only brought through Dragon Head/Rahu.. If strong dragon head/Rahu is AK then there possibilities...

sixth sense implies person should be mystic..this capability comes from Rahu/Dragon head...

asro

Post by asro » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:08 am

hi astro_scholrji

How do we differentiate intuition and sixth sense ? Could you also share if any houses play role in this, like the 5th house (ablities/purva punya).  I have like Rahu moon in cancer  in 5th while Ket , Mars (AK), Sun, Mer  are in capri in 11th. I feel that my hunches turn out to be right most of the time, but how do we associate this with intution or sixth sense.

warmly
Asro

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:01 am

Hi Asro,

Sixth. sense and intuition are very much related, I feel.

Sixth sense is like the 'unseen/extra' sense. Intuition is a feeling which turns out to be correct.

Both may be developed through good concentration, study and knowledge over a subject.

The placement of retrograde mercury; Placement/association with the 5th. lord by moon or mercury, a forked head line particularly in the right hand iads intuition.

When the intuition is cultivated well, mercury/moon should have the tempering aspect of sani, and possibly the aspect of Guru, besides another like Rahu.

The moon (manah)/mercury(intelligence) should have some planets like these aspecting it, increasing the flexibility of thinking..... are my views and some points.

Others may please add or debate for better views.

RishiRahul

Certain

Post by Certain » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Sixth sense is an extension to intuition.I fail to understand why Mercury has to be exalted for that.Intuitions are not related to intellect ,if analysis has to calculate a thing it will be called as analysis onlyand  not intuition.Intuition exists beyond analysis.When your analysis vouches for something but your mind vouches for something else which cant be explained on logical analysis and it comes out to be true is 'The intuition' .
If u ask a person who gets intuitions , he/she wud cleraly tell you that 'A thought strck mind even before attemting analysis' and it came out to be true though analysis was vouching either same or opposite irrespective.So mercury i guess shudnt be related to it.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:55 pm

A native with retrograde Mercury thinks more in terms of symbols rather than actual facts.
That is, the thinking is not in mathematical terms but some sort of indirect thinking... important for intuition.

sixth sense is the horse sense a native has, arising more out of common sense....Exalted mercury is mercury of fine qualities.. important for this sense.

Moon shows our mind.. mercury affects majolry how we think. Isn't it?

RishiRahul

Certain

Post by Certain » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Mercury is related to material world.It is a contributor of intellect .Intuition , sixth sense are not related to intellect or common sense, They are guna of 'soul' which can perceive another dimension more than a physically visible dimensions.That is what I am trying to say that intuition can not be called as intuition if it has anything to do with an analysis or thinking.
It is a 'telepathic' thing.If it is based on any analysis even of symbolism, it is 'Analysis' not intution or sixth sense. Many people confuse their 'estimates' with intuitions and sixth sense.Any soul which has some 'yogic kriya sidhha' in past lives and and any soul who has ever 'traveled' through its own consciousness towards universal consciousness which is nirakar and nirguna has innate capacity to have these telepathic messages in form of intuitions. The real intuitors dont predict things in lieu of certain circumstances but they tell it even in unrelated contexts.Intuitions are not thought of or visualised things but they are telepathic.
If you meet a real intuitor he wud tell you that notion just 'struck' and wasnt seen or thought of.They get them even when they are not actively thinking about that subject.
If someone is ill and you predict a possible death is just an estimate, if you predict a death in absolutely unthinkable situation when person has no visible possibilities  of dying in any condition is an intuition.
That horoscope wud have something special about 12th house and 5th house ; prominence of Dev graha , materialistic or tamsic graha wud be secondary .Occultist Ketu has to favour it and moon has to be in jala rashi.I know two intuitists who had swagrahi planets in their 12th houses and dev graha related to fifth houses.I will try arranging their horoscopes for us to discuss.Even unintelligent people might have intuitions and sixth sense.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:25 am

Dear All,

I find nice discussions going on regarding Intuition and sixth sense. I feel Certain ji is rite in defining what is intuition.?  A highly intelligent person need not be an intuitive. We come across the great Sidhaas like Ramana maharshi, Sri Shirdi Sai baba , who had high Intuitive abilities and they could foresee the future.

Intuition is a telepathic thing, I fully agree with Certain ji.  Analytical  skills or mathematical calculations are not the base of intuition. It is highly spontaneous and no pre thinking is essential.  Many times Babaji"s words and actions  confused his devotees. So I too feel mercury has no role to play with Intuition.

Here i think, sixth sense what  we all are meaning  here  is , about Extra power of brain. Because we all human being are said to have sixth sense in general, which is  differentiating  us from animals. So it must be about Extra Sensory Power. (ESP) It is told that few people  had this ESP and they predicted rite. Whenever this ESP is misused this magical power vanishes from the person I read. Mostly we see yogi's using this ESP , for the benefits of man kind.

I too think kethu and rahu with moon have some connections in this said Intuitions. Some times my known friends and relatives Used to quote me , I  have good intuitive powers, because many  times some views of mine turned  correct.   Few dreams  of mine turned exactly  the same in real  life.  What I  saw in my dream appeared into reality within three months. Just as Asro said, I too feel , my 5 th house Kethu in Capricorn along with Shani and my 11th house Rahu ,  Mars  in Cancer makes me intuitive.   Just as Rishiji said here, my house of cancer where Rahu is placed has  aspect of shani too.  This  is my assumption only.  I am not sure . I may be wrong.

I just shared my views about intuitions. I eagerly await  more discussions to come. I wish certain ji should post such Charts soon.

Regards,

vivekvshetty

My two cents.

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Namaskaar all,
Intuition is a word which has come to means many different things to many people.
But really the word means IN - TUITION. This is the inner tutor which we all have inside us (the inner Guru), it prompts us all the time trying to stop us from doing any untruth. Correlating it with a graha is easy. it is Guru. Also remember that Guru has Graha Dristhi on the 5th as well as the ninth. It shows that it has the wisdom to remember the past and foresee the future.

Sixth sense:
There are five senses which are ruled by the five Planets. This leaves us with the luminaries and the Shadowy one. So the sixth or seventh or eighth and maybe even ninth senses are there.
Surya is the Aatma, Chandra is the Manah.
Now only the Nodes remain.
Raahu has only head (may be ten heads like Raavana?) and he has vision of the fifth and the ninth, so he can project into the future and also learn from the past. This is like foresight.

Ketu has no head and this is the definition of insight. Insight is of a split second and without any aid of the intellect or also of the Sum total of knowledge a person has. It is the inspirer and defies logical explanations. Remeber Ketu has no dristhi. It is as if Lord Ganesh suddenly opened the door.

vivek

code

Post by code » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Hi there, woooooh the discussion is going very well indeed!!!!

I must intercept (sorry) and ask to reverse the discussion a little back to Certain's 2nd post. Only because i am embarrasingly ignorant and naive about to what some of things Certain had mentioned. Could you please clarify so that I may follow the discussion with some ease. :smt013  
Below is the quotes from Certain statements....words in violet colour pls explain what it means/are.
Any soul which has some 'yogic kriya sidhha' in past lives and and any soul who has ever 'traveled' through its own consciousness towards universal consciousness which is nirakar and nirguna
two intuitists who had swagrahi planets in their 12th houses and dev graha related to fifth houses

Code

Certain

Post by Certain » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:10 am

I am sorry for not writing Enlish translations.
Yoga Kriya Siddha: is any form or kind of meditational practices which actually takes you higher in spiritual dimension; examples are  Hathha yoga , samadhi yoga (both are types )  , so it is all about spirirtual growth to a step higher level.You can google yoga or kundilini yoga, u will know it .

Following was for God or universal consciouness .
Niraakar is : Formless
Nirguna: Attributeless

Swagrahi Planets: Planets in their own houses
Dev Graha: Planets with positive divinity eg Jupiter

And moreover I am okay if I am called 'Certain' rather than certain ji.I appreciate the respectful address in this form amd am thankful for that ; but my name is not 'certain.'While making this id I dint realise i wud be participating  and wud get called as 'Certainji' . :smt003

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:45 am

Dear Code,

u have asked Certain, what is Yoga Kriya Siddha ?  For this I wish to give u link  through which u can have some idea about , what is this yogic kriya siddhi   means ?

Kindly read that .

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... sc&start=0

Dear Vivekji,     Thanks for your wonderful explanations to the words, Intuition and Sixth sense.

Regards,

astro_scholr

Post by astro_scholr » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:42 am

Certain wrote:I am sorry for not writing Enlish translations.
Yoga Kriya Siddha: is any form or kind of meditational practices which actually takes you higher in spiritual dimension; examples are  Hathha yoga , samadhi yoga (both are types )  , so it is all about spirirtual growth to a step higher level.You can google yoga or kundilini yoga, u will know it .

Following was for God or universal consciouness .
Niraakar is : Formless
Nirguna: Attributeless

Swagrahi Planets: Planets in their own houses
Dev Graha: Planets with positive divinity eg Jupiter

And moreover I am okay if I am called 'Certain' rather than certain ji.I appreciate the respectful address in this form amd am thankful for that ; but my name is not 'certain.'While making this id I dint realise i wud be participating  and wud get called as 'Certainji' . :smt003
then u shud be called "uncertainji"  :smt003

Return to “Vedic Astrology”