Mercury and Hyperactivity

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Medical Astrology

Mercury and Hyperactivity

Post by Medical Astrology » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:57 am

I have seen a dominating Mercury influencing the horoscopes of children with Hyperactivity.

When hyperactivity is associated with Attention Deficit (ADHD) as well, Mercury is found to be adversely affected, as being combust or in a papa kartari yoga, or under malefic aspect or conjunction.

Mercury is a 'vaata' planet, fast-moving, and related to to Buddhi and Speech of a person. It also rules over the 'dhis' (nadis) and so can certainly influence activity!

Just countering this can reduce the hyperactivity significantly!
Dr. Jayashree Joshi, (MD) Physician and Herbalist
EXCLUSIVE FOCUS ON HEALTH ISSUES, with solutions through VEDIC ASTROLOGY.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:01 am

Moved to Vedic astrology forum,

site moderator
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

astro_scholr

Re: Mercury and Hyperactivity

Post by astro_scholr » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:22 am

Medical Astrology wrote:I have seen a dominating Mercury influencing the horoscopes of children with Hyperactivity.

When hyperactivity is associated with Attention Deficit (ADHD) as well, Mercury is found to be adversely affected, as being combust or in a papa kartari yoga, or under malefic aspect or conjunction.

Mercury is a 'vaata' planet, fast-moving, and related to to Buddhi and Speech of a person. It also rules over the 'dhis' (nadis) and so can certainly influence activity!

Just countering this can reduce the hyperactivity significantly!

u r right..merc represents vidya,budhi and communication. for education merc's position is also seen .
Person is analytical in nature.. tries to be everywhere.
aspect of jupiter makes person to spend energy in right direction.
if well positioned interest in astrology is seen
Ohm Ganeshaya Namaha

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:31 am

Thanks for your comment.
As an Astrologer yourself, you will appreciate HOW MUCH significance planetary factors have, in ruling our lives, thoughts and activities!

Though not involved in Astrology full-time, I still give a lot of importance to it, as a routine.
I would have liked to visit your website, but I see you have not mentioned it. Is Astrology your hobby, too?

astro_scholr

Post by astro_scholr » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:52 pm

Medical Astrology wrote:Thanks for your comment.
As an Astrologer yourself, you will appreciate HOW MUCH significance planetary factors have, in ruling our lives, thoughts and activities!

Though not involved in Astrology full-time, I still give a lot of importance to it, as a routine.
I would have liked to visit your website, but I see you have not mentioned it. Is Astrology your hobby, too?

I am not professional astrologer hence i dont have my own website.

Astrology is my hobby..(Merc is exalted in virgo)..I wud be perfect example for your case
Ohm Ganeshaya Namaha

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:01 pm

astro_scholr wrote:
Medical Astrology wrote:Thanks for your comment.

I am not professional astrologer hence i dont have my own website.

Astrology is my hobby..(Merc is exalted in virgo)..I wud be perfect example for your case
Oh, I see!
Nice to meet you here!

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:37 am

there was a very interesting article about the significance of mercury for an astrologer in the most recent Saptarishis astrology E-magazine.

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:34 am

I'll check it out, thanks!

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:48 am

Also, I have found that Mercury is often placed in Gemini / Libra / Aquarius (airy signs) in either the rashi chart or navamsh chart, in horoscopes of children with Hyperactivity or ADHD.

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:56 am

it should be interesting to see the distance between Sun and Mer in those cases...
Since you seem to have a database of charts of children with Hyperactivity, try to see the pattern of distance between Sun and Mer and also "very importantly" make a note if Mer is ahead or behind Sun...

Secondly, see if theres any chart with Mer involved in Graha Yuddha or Planetary war... should make an interesting research.
I hope we can make use of your experience and research to learn something new here... thanks for a good topic

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:57 am

Also, can you share with us some of the birth data of the more adverse cases, so tht we can discuss it here in the forum
thanks again

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:17 pm

arian_1c wrote:it should be interesting to see the distance between Sun and Mer in those cases...
Since you seem to have a database of charts of children with Hyperactivity, try to see the pattern of distance between Sun and Mer and also "very importantly" make a note if Mer is ahead or behind Sun...

Secondly, see if theres any chart with Mer involved in Graha Yuddha or Planetary war... should make an interesting research.
I hope we can make use of your experience and research to learn something new here... thanks for a good topic
Thanks for reminding me about Graha Yuddha.... I must remember to keep that in mind, in future.

I expected to find Mercury either combust and / or retrograde, but that is not always the case.
I have seen Mercury ahead of, in conjunction with or behind Sun. It is more often retrograde than not in ADHD charts.
So I am still trying to figure that out.

But it's fascinating to see the Vaata signs prominently affected, in some cases.

What I can say with certainty is that a Vaata-reducing diet helps, definitely.

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:20 pm

arian_1c wrote:Also, can you share with us some of the birth data of the more adverse cases, so tht we can discuss it here in the forum
thanks again
Yes, I will do that (without disclosing any names, of course.... if that is all right?)

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Perfectly Fine.....
Thats the way it should be... I completely endorse that....
But it should be helpful if you explain the nature of the problem with the native..
Medical Astrology wrote:
arian_1c wrote:Also, can you share with us some of the birth data of the more adverse cases, so tht we can discuss it here in the forum
thanks again
Yes, I will do that (without disclosing any names, of course.... if that is all right?)

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:03 am

I shall post the details as and when each child returns for follow-up, as their birth data are with them. In India we have little booklets called "Janam patrika" that parents get made, when children are born.
I never copied them down systematically so far, as I had foreseen the need for it!

Return to “Vedic Astrology”