Mercury and Hyperactivity

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:20 pm

Why not try to see mercury having aspects with Rahu or the nodal axis for hyperactivity, or even afflictions to it.

Technically how would 'vata' afflict mercury. Combustion or retrogration would only sharpen the intelligence in different ways, but affliction woould add the essence od ADHD.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:00 am

Some children with ADHD are actually very intelligent, but they cannot or do not want to sit in one place and focus their attention for a sufficient span of time, on study!

Increased vaata is a must for hyperactivity to occur. I have found Mercury either in lagna or in the 10th or as their lords, in an  airy sign in rashi and / or navamsh, quite often, in these children.

I have now decided to a prospective and detailed study of this and am trying to collect the charts of people with hyperactivity / ADHD, too.

Yes, I think the position of Rahu and the relationship of Mercury with it needs attention as well.
I would be grateful for more suggestions!
Dr. Jayashree Joshi, (MD) Physician and Herbalist
EXCLUSIVE FOCUS ON HEALTH ISSUES, with solutions through VEDIC ASTROLOGY.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:55 pm

Hyperactivity of Mercury is due to the Rahu or the nodal axis, its conjunct or aspect of moon primarily.

Combustion sharpens mercury, but retrogression internalizes intelligence/ the way of thinking.

Amongst the extra saturnine planets, Uranus can give tremendous hyper potential.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

fpt

Post by fpt » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:51 am

Hello all-  What is the meant by ahead or behind sun - can someone please explain.What is the significance of this in interpretation?

"Sun and Mer and also "very importantly" make a note if Mer is ahead or behind Sun... "

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:50 am

fpt wrote:Hello all-  What is the meant by ahead or behind sun - can someone please explain.What is the significance of this in interpretation?

"Sun and Mer and also "very importantly" make a note if Mer is ahead or behind Sun... "
Mercury being ahead of or behind the Sun would depend upon how many degrees the two planets have progressed.... if Sun is at 20* and Mercury at 22* in a zodiac sign (in the birth chart), Mercury would be said to be ahead of the Sun by 2 degrees.

Similarly, if Mercury is in Capricorn (say 02*) and the Sun in Sagittarius (at say 29*), Mercury wiould still be ahead of the Sun, because Capricorn comes after Sagittarius.

This applies to all planets, with their respective positions to each other.
See?
Dr. Jayashree Joshi, (MD) Physician and Herbalist
EXCLUSIVE FOCUS ON HEALTH ISSUES, with solutions through VEDIC ASTROLOGY.

fpt

Post by fpt » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:47 pm

Thank you for answering my query - can you please explain what is the significance of planet in front or behind sun.

[quote="Medical Astrology"][quote="fpt"]Hello all-  What is the meant by ahead or behind sun - can someone please explain.What is the significance of this in interpretation?

"Sun and Mer and also "very importantly" make a note if Mer is ahead or behind Sun... "[/quote]

Mercury being ahead of or behind the Sun would depend upon how many degrees the two planets have progressed.... if Sun is at 20* and Mercury at 22* in a zodiac sign (in the birth chart), Mercury would be said to be ahead of the Sun by 2 degrees.

Similarly, if Mercury is in Capricorn (say 02*) and the Sun in Sagittarius (at say 29*), Mercury wiould still be ahead of the Sun, because Capricorn comes [i]after[/i] Sagittarius.

This applies to all planets, with their [i]respective positions[/i] to each other.
See?[/quote]

amateur

Post by amateur » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 am

Respected seniors,

Being an Ayurvedic doctor, and a novice astrology student i will like to add a thing. Please pardon me if i sound rude.

Attention deficit syndrome express itself in many ways, hyperactivity is highly dependent on vata, hence airy  signs and planets do play a major role.

Besides this, we can look for two more things in chart. One is reason of ADS, means lack of love and affections from parents and less attention by parents due to younger sibling. A chart may show above indications as staying away from parents, malefics affecting houses of mother and father and as well as a younger sibling.

Second thing is less effect of slowing planets like jupiter and saturn, and more effects of augmenting fiery planets like sun and mars (these give anger and rage needed for a significant hyperactivity syndrome) on mercury as well as moon.

Sorry for mistakes
kind regards

Atul

orca

Post by orca » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:36 am

Medical Astrology wrote:Some children with ADHD are actually very intelligent, but they cannot or do not want to sit in one place and focus their attention for a sufficient span of time, on study!

Increased vaata is a must for hyperactivity to occur. I have found Mercury either in lagna or in the 10th or as their lords, in an  airy sign in rashi and / or navamsh, quite often, in these children.

I have now decided to a prospective and detailed study of this and am trying to collect the charts of people with hyperactivity / ADHD, too.

Yes, I think the position of Rahu and the relationship of Mercury with it needs attention as well.
I would be grateful for more suggestions!
Not sure if my case really qualifies for this but shooting neverthless.....

Meena lagna at around 15 degrees

Mercury is exalted in Virgo (7th house) at 22 deg and Retrograde, conjuncting Sun and Saturn. Sun is at 14 deg and Saturn Vargottama at 28 deg

No aspects on the seventh house, Rahu in Gemini at 16 deg
3rd and 8th Lord Venus in Leo at 27 deg (Does this imply a VRY here?)
Lagna Lord Jupiter in Eighth - Swati nakshatra
2nd and 9th Lord Mars in Scorpio
Moon in Moola first pada in the 10th house

In the Navamsa - Mercury is placed in Cancer in the eighth and aspected by Jupiter from Pisces, Sun too is placed in Pisces.

I am known to be an outrageously sharp guy (very well educated, PG from one of the best universities in the country) but extremely restless all the time. Cant sit still at one place and my brain works 24/7 - will be happy the day I can shut it down for 10 mins  :smt003

Lately developed an interest in astrology, have been interested in Palmistry for more than 10 yrs now.

smithalan00

If you go for meditation then there is no need of think....

Post by smithalan00 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:03 am

Hi friends, I am agree with that the planets working on human body.
but if you start meditating then they have to give positive vibration to
us. only thinking about metaphysics is of no use.....

Smith Alan

Return to “Vedic Astrology”