Behaviour of Jupiter and Saturn

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Janvien

Behaviour of Jupiter and Saturn

Post by Janvien » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:22 am

It is said that Jupiter spoils the effects of the  house in which it sits and increases the effects of the houses which it aspects. Similliarly Saturn increases the effects of the house in which it is placed and spoils the effects of the houses it aspects. My question is that what if Jupiter is placed in it's own house or the house of it's exaltation and what if Saturn is aspecting it's own house or the house of it's exaltation.
For e.g. if Jupiter is placed in 6th house that means it will spoil the effects of 6th house that means the person doesn't have to fear disease or enemies but what if 6th house is own house or exaltation house for Jupiter?  :)

projenator

Post by projenator » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:04 am

K N Rao's chart has exalted Jupiter in tenth house, what would you conclude from this ?

Janvien

Post by Janvien » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:57 am

that's what my question is?

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:21 am

Hi Janvien ji,
Jupiter is called "Swa sthan hanta"...thus it harms the house it is placed but not in the case if thats his own house or house of exhaltation.
Similarly Saturn or in that case any planet if aspecting its on house will not harm it though aspect of saturn might delay the process but for good only.Aspect of saturn on its own house wont spoil the house.Infact JN Bhasin ji has gone to the extend of saying that this is "rule of thumb" that planet aspecting its own house will BE  GREATLY BENEFITED FROM IT.

Regards,
Raman

Janvien

Post by Janvien » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi Ramanji,
Thanks for clearing my doubts.  :)

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue May 12, 2009 2:32 pm

Is this true even when the aspecting planet is in dusthana?
Also does the rule apply only to planets in their own houses or also to the houses where they are exalted? And finally what about an exalted planet in dusthana aspecting its own house - say Ma in 8th in Ge As aspecting Ar, the 11th?

CRS

astro_scholr

Post by astro_scholr » Thu May 14, 2009 9:07 am

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hi Janvien ji,
Jupiter is called "Swa sthan hanta"...thus it harms the house it is placed but not in the case if thats his own house or house of exhaltation.

Regards,
Raman
Lord Rama had Exalted jupiter in Cancer along with Moon. Rama went to forest ( vanavasa) during  Jup MD. Jupiter is bad if placed in 1st house, 5th house ( putrakaraka , karako bhava nashaya).

similary Saturn represents Dharma. He is always bad when he is placed in Cancer and Leo. If saturn is Asc lord then person's life and events will be ruled by saturn's placements ( He ruins the house where he is placed in, normal rule of Asc lord placement).

svetha

Post by svetha » Thu May 14, 2009 2:27 pm

What happens when Jupiter and Saturn are in conjuction (in my case in navamsha they occupy Gemini sign, 4th house).

asro

Post by asro » Thu May 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Astro_scholarji

What would be the effects of Exalted Sat for case say Capri or Aq lagna ? and sat placed in Dharma Bhav ! As he being exalted will the ruining effect related dharma be more or will reduce largely.

warmly
Asro

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri May 15, 2009 6:31 am

Dear astro_scholar ji,
This wont be right in saying that jup is solely resposible for Sri rama's exile.
There can be multiple reasons thus we cant say that placement of jup in its own house is responsible for this.Also MD does not have much say in the events (as per notion AD got mor say in it though combination of MD and AD is to be understod more for understanding)coz if that would have been the case we can expect multple marriages of atleast affairs if not marriage during period of Venus or 7th lord or may be UL.... thus we cant jump on this with one reason..
Though can be further reasons like Rahu in 6th house(house of Foreign land) which again is house of jupiter which is placed in MOST movable sign i.e. CAncer thus this can also be reasons.Also Raashi for Forest i.e. Vrishabha its lord is palced in 12th house which again represents foreign.Thus he has to leave and go foreign land  , to forest.
So we cannt blame Jup placed in some house and aflicting it.Coz jup placed in lagna shud have harmed his name and fame which it didn't.
Rather he gt more names amongs  VANARS..

Also this maxim is not very wel accepted though im not saying it is wrong but it cant be first condition to be pointed out in a chart for reasoning sake..

Regards,
Raman
astro_scholr wrote:

Regards,
Raman
Lord Rama had Exalted jupiter in Cancer along with Moon. Rama went to forest ( vanavasa) during  Jup MD. Jupiter is bad if placed in 1st house, 5th house ( putrakaraka , karako bhava nashaya).

similary Saturn represents Dharma. He is always bad when he is placed in Cancer and Leo. If saturn is Asc lord then person's life and events will be ruled by saturn's placements ( He ruins the house where he is placed in, normal rule of Asc lord placement).

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri May 15, 2009 6:36 am

Hello CRS ji,
CAn you be it more elaborate about your question coz i actually did not get your full question in one go :-)

Regards,
Raman
mysbcrs wrote:Is this true even when the aspecting planet is in dusthana?
Also does the rule apply only to planets in their own houses or also to the houses where they are exalted? And finally what about an exalted planet in dusthana aspecting its own house - say Ma in 8th in Ge As aspecting Ar, the 11th?

CRS

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri May 15, 2009 6:59 am

Hi Asro ji,

I dont think saturn gona ruin the effect of 9th house though this can be a possibility coz as it is mentioned in BPHS that sat placed with moon in 9th house and when lagna lord is weak..
Native gona beg for his/her food.

Regards,
Raman

asro wrote:Astro_scholarji

What would be the effects of Exalted Sat for case say Capri or Aq lagna ? and sat placed in Dharma Bhav ! As he being exalted will the ruining effect related dharma be more or will reduce largely.

warmly
Asro

astro_scholr

Post by astro_scholr » Fri May 15, 2009 9:12 am

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear astro_scholar ji,
This wont be right in saying that jup is solely resposible for Sri rama's exile.
There can be multiple reasons thus we cant say that placement of jup in its own house is responsible for this.Also MD does not have much say in the events (as per notion AD got mor say in it though combination of MD and AD is to be understod more for understanding)coz if that would have been the case we can expect multple marriages of atleast affairs if not marriage during period of Venus or 7th lord or may be UL.... thus we cant jump on this with one reason..
Though can be further reasons like Rahu in 6th house(house of Foreign land) which again is house of jupiter which is placed in MOST movable sign i.e. CAncer thus this can also be reasons.Also Raashi for Forest i.e. Vrishabha its lord is palced in 12th house which again represents foreign.Thus he has to leave and go foreign land  , to forest.
So we cannt blame Jup placed in some house and aflicting it.Coz jup placed in lagna shud have harmed his name and fame which it didn't.
Rather he gt more names amongs  VANARS..

Also this maxim is not very wel accepted though im not saying it is wrong but it cant be first condition to be pointed out in a chart for reasoning sake..

Regards,
Raman
astro_scholr wrote:

Regards,
Raman

i mean to say that exalted jupiter does not mean he is good.

In case of Lord Rama, cancer is moon sign. Jupiter is 6th, 9th lord. A Benific planet placed in kendra always does harm during its MD/AD. This is one of reason why i beleive Rama went to forest during Jupiter MD.

Person's fame and reputation is detrmined through Asc lord, Moon lord, 7th house planets, AL lord and planets in AL ( in additon planets aspecting 1st,7th and AL houses ).

So going to forest does not mean lost reputation. Remember here that saturn is in libra for Lord rama and 10th house aspect was always there on jupiter and Moon. Jupiter and Saturn ( in fact he went to forest during sadesathi) caused him to go out of his place/kingdom to save dharma ( in fact about loosing king status and living common citizen life is big change in life)

and about jupiter and saturn together/ 7th implies they exchange their characters ( there was post from Sandhu ji on this topic ) ..It means jupiter gets saturn quality and saturn gets jupiter quality. now we need to see their lordship, placement and other planets aspects. Hence it is difficult to generilize

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Fri May 15, 2009 11:28 am

Ramanji,

Sorry for  being cryptic. I was trying to understand whether there is any qualitative difference in an aspect based on the house it is in. Most discussions on aspects are centred around the planet being a natural benefic or a malefic (I dont know why temporal beneficience and maleficience is ignored here) and not on where it is. For e.g, Ju aspecting from 4th house and 6th house - 4th being sukh bhava aspect from 4th enhances happiness while 6th being ari bhava aspect from 6th creates enemies/obstacles/diseases. Is this the case or the aspects are the same irrespective of the location.

CRS

asro

Post by asro » Fri May 15, 2009 1:22 pm

Ramanji,

I too agree with your view that being LL in 9th and exalted Sat may not cause Dharmapatan. But the condtionality which moon brings with make it interesting. Is it true also if incase it is in trikona /quadrant to moon ?. or it will just result in level  of intensity.

warmly
Asro
Hi Asro ji,

I dont think saturn gona ruin the effect of 9th house though this can be a possibility coz as it is mentioned in BPHS that sat placed with moon in 9th house and when lagna lord is weak..
Native gona beg for his/her food.

Regards,
Raman

Return to “Vedic Astrology”