Pitra Dosh

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

sanjayahuja88

Pitra Dosh

Post by sanjayahuja88 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:10 am

Hello friends

Can someone please let me know about Pitra dosh. Do you have to do the Puja in Trimbakeshvar only?

Regards
Best Wishes

Milind

Post by Milind » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:09 am

In Horoscope, Pitrudosha can be identified with position of Rahu Ketu and also by the study of 5th, 8th and 12th houses. It is also important to study Sun and Moon w.r.t to these Rahu, Ketu and above said houses. In certain books one can find the Rinas (Debts) and Shaaps (Curses) considering the Planatary Positions which causes problems to the Native. Ex. Matru Rina (Debt related to Mother/Maternal side), Pitru Rina (Debt related to Father/Paternal side) and Sarpa Shaap (Curse of the Snake), Brahma Shaap (Curse of a Brahmin) etc. Kaalsarpa is similar kind of yoga which has got tremendous popularity these days.

Pitrudosha is noting but problems created by the Spirits of Dead Relatives of the Native who have not got Mukti due to certain wish that remained unfulfilled before their death. In present time the Shraadh (Offering to Dead and Ancestors) is on decrease causing troubles like these (As said by old men). This in turn causes problem of Pitrudosha. In some cases the Native might had hurt that Person/Animal (In case of Killing Snake/Cow) in his/her previous Birth can causes troubles in this life.

Remedy - The main remedy as suggested by many Astrologers and Pundits is Tripindi Shraadh or Naarayan Nagbali (as known in some places). It is 2/3 days Puja done by Brahmins. It is nothing but Shraadh for all the Ancestors and also Rahu and Ketu Puja.

Places of Puja - There are many places like Tryambakeshwar (Near Nasik) for Western Region, Ujjain for Central Region, Gokarna for Southern Region, Kashi for Northern Region and Eastern Region. Each place has its own important in Hindu Mythology and all the places are Lord Shiva's worship places or Jyotirlingas.  One can find the details of the Places, Pujas and Names of Pundits in the Astrology related Magazines.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:22 am

Dear Milind ji,

Welcome back to the Board. I am very glad to see u back  after  very long gap of 2 and half years. Do post more.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Milind

Post by Milind » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:33 am

Thanks Prasanna ji. In deed it was 2 and half years.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:08 am

Dear friends,

Kindly go through the link. U can find the place called Sri kshethrakudupu, where Naarayan Nagabali is performed. This temple of Lord Anantha Padmanabha is situated in karnataka state. Kuke Subramanyaswamy temple is also famous place for removing Rahu Dosh. For kalsarpa Dosh one can visit Sri kalahasthi Temple in Andhra pradesh. For Rahu worship one can visit , Thiru Nageshwaram temple  near Kumbakonam in Tamil nadu. Thirupamburam is famous temple for Rahu ketu worship which is also situated in Tamil Nadu.

http://www.ourkarnataka.com/temples/kuduputemple.htm

Hope these informations helps who ever needs to do remedies for their Pitru dosh.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

susri

Respected sir,

Post by susri » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:40 pm

If there has been a death of a girl whose  about to get married what rituals should be performed?
Death was due to apendisitis burst during the monthly cycle

Thanks
Susri

misslilly

Post by misslilly » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:30 pm

Is it important to be present while having this puja preformed or can a preist do it on behalf of us living in another city/country?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:38 am

misslilly wrote:Is it important to be present while having this puja preformed or can a preist do it on behalf of us living in another city/country?
Okay, I must share this! Rather droll REALITY, folks!

Years ago, I attended a marriage! Of my very own brother!

We both are devoted to MA, but back then dada was more into actual! Others were younger!!

So, here was the scenario: Dada was all dressed in dhoti and ready to squat down and do the rituals and younger bro was in tighter clothing, itching to get this 'THING' done and move on to join friends who were waiting in the 'BOAT'!

Guess what happened?

Pandit_jee made the kanishtaa sit down while the Madhyama smiled winkingly!

Those five fingers and the two hidden ones (or mounts thereof) are not inconsequential!

Trust me and my nose!

Regards.

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”