Chandra Mangal Yoga

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Raman Deep Singh

Chandra Mangal Yoga

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi Everyone,
Its being a while since not many good topics are there on the board.
So thought to make a small try.

What do you think about Chandra Mangal Yoga.
Lets try to understand this in its pure form.

What do you think its impact on native's personality.
Please do respond as per your understanding.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:14 am

Chandra - Mangala Yoga

Moon-conjunct-Mars - in the Twelve Bhava

When Chandra-Mangala yoga is the result of Mangala's 4th, 7th, or 8th drishti upon Chandra, the source of wealth is associated with Chandra's house

"Definition.—If Mars conjoins the Moon,  this yoga is formed.

Results.—Earnings through unscrupulous means, a seller of women, treating mother harshly & doing mischief to her & other relatives

Remarks.—The results given above are those ascribed by ancient writers. With due respect to the ancient masters in the science I have to observe that

Chandra Mangala Yoga acts as a powerful factor in establishing one's financial worth.  

The earnings will generally be through such occupations as toddy contract, beer shop, bar, etc.  

One has to cater to the baser needs of men, but when the Moon and Mars are well disposed, the earnings will be through other approved means.  

The yoga is said to arise by the association of Mars and the Moon but I feel that the yoga will also be formed if the Moon and Mars are in mutual aspect.

Take the Moon in Taurus and Mars in Scorpio. Take the Moon in Cancer and Mars in Capricorn. These are excellent positions.

[BPL note: see Queen Elizabeth II for the Karka-Chandra in mutual aspect to Makara Kuja, with Kuja in lagna.]

The combination can be productive of good if it occurs in the 2nd, 9th, 10th or 11th house."

~~  B.V. Raman, "Three Hundred Important Combinations", 10th edition, Delhi, 1991.

ranger

Post by ranger » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:00 am

In Chandra Mangala I want to draw on to one condition that is when Chandra and Kuja are same house ( conjunction )
If you draw Sudarshana Chakra for such an individual you will see such individuals have the capacity and strength (often driven by Kuja) of bridging physical and atmic impulses through the psychological sleet.
So my guess is psychologically these guys are safe as far as these guys do not meet or confront contradictions from outer and the inner layer.

Before I end Kuja (Mangala – Auspicious) is said to be one planet that can carry a certain assignment to its end any conjunction good or bad  Mangala’s involvement has certain seal with it.

More:Esoteric Principals Of Vedic Astrology- by Bepin Behari

astro_scholr

Post by astro_scholr » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:01 am

interesting topic is : Check effect of Chandra mangala yoga for these combinations.

when Moon and Mars in Scorpio
When Moon and Mars in Aries
When Moon and Mars in Taurus
When Moon and mars in Cancer
when Moon and Mars in  Capricorn.
when Moon and Mars in Virgo

Also check:

for Capricorn asc,  with above combinations as moon is 7th lord.
for Aries asc, with above combinations as moon is 4th lord.
for leo asc with above combinations as moon is 12th lord.

any data will be helpful

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:08 am

Hi Ranger ji,
Thank you for replying.
I would like to ask what you have written is your own perception and understanding or what you have got from Bipin Behari ji;s writtings.

IF it is your perception..kindly explain this :-
Before I end Kuja (Mangala – Auspicious) is said to be one planet that can carry a certain assignment to its end any conjunction good or bad  Mangala’s involvement has certain seal with it.

I could ot get the meaning fully.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh
ranger wrote:In Chandra Mangala I want to draw on to one condition that is when Chandra and Kuja are same house ( conjunction )
If you draw Sudarshana Chakra for such an individual you will see such individuals have the capacity and strength (often driven by Kuja) of bridging physical and atmic impulses through the psychological sleet.
So my guess is psychologically these guys are safe as far as these guys do not meet or confront contradictions from outer and the inner layer.

More:Esoteric Principals Of Vedic Astrology- by Bepin Behari

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:20 am

Hi Prasanna ji,
Thank yo for replying.
I have also read this from BV Raman ji's book.

But i wold be more interested you personal expereince of this yoga OR your personal understanding/point of view.
As you know it is not possible every native with Chandra Mangal yoga gonna sell his wife   :smt002

I would appreciate your reply/contribution.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

prasanna wrote:Chandra - Mangala Yoga

Moon-conjunct-Mars - in the Twelve Bhava

When Chandra-Mangala yoga is the result of Mangala's 4th, 7th, or 8th drishti upon Chandra, the source of wealth is associated with Chandra's house

"Definition.—If Mars conjoins the Moon,  this yoga is formed.

Results.—Earnings through unscrupulous means, a seller of women, treating mother harshly & doing mischief to her & other relatives

Remarks.—The results given above are those ascribed by ancient writers. With due respect to the ancient masters in the science I have to observe that

Chandra Mangala Yoga acts as a powerful factor in establishing one's financial worth.  

The earnings will generally be through such occupations as toddy contract, beer shop, bar, etc.  

One has to cater to the baser needs of men, but when the Moon and Mars are well disposed, the earnings will be through other approved means.  

The yoga is said to arise by the association of Mars and the Moon but I feel that the yoga will also be formed if the Moon and Mars are in mutual aspect.

Take the Moon in Taurus and Mars in Scorpio. Take the Moon in Cancer and Mars in Capricorn. These are excellent positions.

[BPL note: see Queen Elizabeth II for the Karka-Chandra in mutual aspect to Makara Kuja, with Kuja in lagna.]

The combination can be productive of good if it occurs in the 2nd, 9th, 10th or 11th house."

~~  B.V. Raman, "Three Hundred Important Combinations", 10th edition, Delhi, 1991.

ranger

Post by ranger » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:40 am

Hi Raman ji
Hmmmm hey you need to get some vedic tuition I cannot explain them over here. But all I can say is along with Thatwas and Gunas of planets involved and using sudarshan chakra you can understand the man behind unveil the mask a perception of outside world about an individual. Both can help you immensely perticularly if you are that person.

http://astrologer-astrology.com/sudarsh ... yotish.htm

Of course it is not quoted from that book but idea/ source is

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:12 am

Hello Ranger ji,
Thank you for your advise :)

But my point is not about getting what books say or whats written.
As you can see above in Prasana ji's reply that BV Raman ji has very well writen about yogas and I have gone thru them many times :)

But my pointis about your own experience and understanding.What you have seen in real life..

So if wat u have written is you own thot i would like to understand them further, though i may not be as knowledgable as you but will try to understand coz thats why im asking this.

Secondly ,Yes Sudarshan chakra can help us in understanding about so many things. BUT again thats what gona change the preception as per  the chart as Sun and Lagna changes..So I m not asking native specific Question, neither much philosophical but I am asking about what's the direct/apparent impact on the native of this yoga
But all I can say is along with Thatwas and Gunas of planets involved and using sudarshan chakra you can understand the man behind unveil the mask a perception of outside world
Yes true Tatwas and Gunas of planet can help us unveil the actual impact of them on the native and thats y yogas are important in Indian astrology, coz irrespective of the so many other(tho some are very important) considerations ther has to be some impact of them on the native.
Both can help you immensely perticularly if you are that person.
NO, Im not that person and neither im interested in getting broken readings by asking question in thia manner.
I have been part of this Forum for a while and I'm more interested in understanding concepts thru practical life instead of books :) though reading them is a good practice.So I have asked this Question in the Forum.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

ranger wrote:Hi Raman ji
Hmmmm hey you need to get some vedic tuition I cannot explain them over here. But all I can say is along with Thatwas and Gunas of planets involved and using sudarshan chakra you can understand the man behind unveil the mask a perception of outside world about an individual. Both can help you immensely perticularly if you are that person.

http://astrologer-astrology.com/sudarsh ... yotish.htm

Of course it is not quoted from that book but idea/ source is

ranger

Post by ranger » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:16 am

If I go little further a person having Ravi + Chandra + Kuja + Guru (particularly in ascendant) is  a very solid person with clear conscious dealings have any of you got that yoga in lagna?

Hey is there anyone who want to challege this?  :smt003

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:41 am

Dear Raman,

Let me share some more points which I read regarding this chandra mangal yog. I will try my level best to share   my personal views for sure soon. I fully agree with u it is impossible for every native  to sell his wife. To my understanding, this should not be taken directly.Chandra mangal yog may corrupt the mind of a native and he can go the extent of degrading his wife in front of others. Mangal being a inauspicious planet can create some deep troubles. native with this yog is bound to bring troubles to his mother and mother side relatives. This yog can make the native very aggressive, rude, cruel person.

SOME MORE INFORMATIONS REGARDING THIS YOG.

Chandra Mangala Yoga is actually yuti or conjunction of Chandra and Mangala in any house.

Grahas conjoined Chandra do the following:

1. They do influence the pranas, longevity and health

2. They create the tide (grahana) within our mind, and influence the mental and emotional aptitude

3. They impose their infleunce on our attitude and social consciousness. They show external desires of the mind.

Please, caculate the guna chakra so that you can understand the change of Gunas and predominant guna and graha over this conjunction.Therefore, this conjunction gives following effects in short:

1. strong pranas however they are moving and consuming fast, good vitality, dangerous for longevity or accidents, heart /blood related problems,

2. fighting mind and spirit, self protective, desire to rule and influence others, desire to top the soceity in chosen subject, irritated, aggressive, vindictive and dangerous, oppresive

3. family suffers, spouse suffers, not giving, extremes in social behaviour etc

Most of classical texts list this yoga as a wealth giving combination. Chandra is the giver of resources, and first Mother gives to Agni tatva, the energy. Therefore, the first exchange is on the level of Chandra and Mangala. So this Yoga indeed gives wealth. Both grahas are karakas for the 4th house (chandra is overall karaka, while Mangal is karaka for lands, territory). To understand this better one should understand chandra yogas and 5 tatvas as 5 types of wealth in modern society. So Chandra Mangala Yoga indeed gives one type of wealth.

The main difference lies in the house where chandra and mangala are placed. THere are different infleunces on the houses:

In the Lagna, Mangal is stronger

2nd bhava- Chandra is stronger

3rd bhava- Mangal is stronger

4. bhava-Chandra is stronger

5. bhava-Mangal is stronger

6. bhava- Mangal is stronger

7.bhava-Chandra is stronger

8. bhava-Mangal is stronger

9. bhava-Mangal is stronger

10.bhava-Mangal is stronger

11. bhava-Chandra is stronger

12.bhava-Chandra is stronger

Therefore, each house will decide which planet among two, Chandra or Mangal dominates the Yoga. IF chandra is stronger, satvic qualities dominate the Yoga, and bad shades of Yogas are lesser. Rudra turns calms down due to the blessing of Devi- Mother

If mangal dominates the Yoga, Rudra is very angry and can create serious problems (apart from other good effects given by this Yoga)

I will give you the general effects of the Yoga

1. Lagna- a lot depends on Signs, in Mesha, Vrishaba and Karka, this Yoga is very Good, otherwise, health may suffer.

2. In 2nd house this Yoga gives wealth and prosperity, however heart problems or accidents.

3. In 3rd house this Yoga gives dynamism and love for change of environment, worried mind and troubles, yet partner may die early.

4. In 4th house yoga is excellent, however a person lacks drive, initiative and is not physically but mentally strong. Brothers and sisters are damaged

5. In the 5th house, this Yoga causes rash and troublesome nature, but power. Mother will suffer

6. In 6th house, this Yoga causes accidents and problems, enemies, troubles to children

7. In 7th house, this Yoga gives wealth, popularity, yet harms marriage, relationships and gives heart troubles, yet a person will destroy enemies

8. In 8th house Yoga is most destructive, it gives inheritance and money yet may cut longevity. IT can also kill spouse

9. In 9th house this Yoga gives power, authority, prosperity yet short life or accidents

10. In 10th house this Yoga gives physical strength, profitable job/carreer, yet mental weakness, troubles to father

11. In 11th house this Yoga gives a lot of friends and social activity, and social concerns and good income, yet a person may lack an ambition if Mangal is in a weak sign.

12. In 12th house, this Yoga gives deformity, expanses, foreign luck, debts, destroys elder siblings and friends

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:35 am

Thank you Prasanna ji,
For sharing your thoughts and also puting up the article which also makes sense :)
Very nice of you .
I will still wait for others to reply beore putting up my thought.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

ranger

Post by ranger » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:50 am

prasanna wrote:Dear Raman,

Grahas conjoined Chandra do the following:

1. They do influence the pranas, longevity and health

2. They create the tide (grahana) within our mind, and influence the mental and emotional aptitude

3. They impose their infleunce on our attitude and social consciousness. They show external desires of the mind.

Please, caculate the guna chakra so that you can understand the change of Gunas and predominant guna and graha over this conjunction.Therefore, this conjunction gives following effects in short:

1. strong pranas however they are moving and consuming fast, good vitality, dangerous for longevity or accidents, heart /blood related problems,

2. fighting mind and spirit, self protective, desire to rule and influence others, desire to top the soceity in chosen subject, irritated, aggressive, vindictive and dangerous, oppresive

3. family suffers, spouse suffers, not giving, extremes in social behaviour etc

Most of classical texts list this yoga as a wealth giving combination. Chandra is the giver of resources, and first Mother gives to Agni tatva, the energy. Therefore, the first exchange is on the level of Chandra and Mangala. So this Yoga indeed gives wealth. Both grahas are karakas for the 4th house (chandra is overall karaka, while Mangal is karaka for lands, territory). To understand this better one should understand chandra yogas and 5 tatvas as 5 types of wealth in modern society. So Chandra Mangala Yoga indeed gives one type of wealth.

The main difference lies in the house where chandra and mangala are placed. THere are different infleunces on the houses:

In the Lagna, Mangal is stronger

2nd bhava- Chandra is stronger

3rd bhava- Mangal is stronger

4. bhava-Chandra is stronger

5. bhava-Mangal is stronger

6. bhava- Mangal is stronger

7.bhava-Chandra is stronger

8. bhava-Mangal is stronger

9. bhava-Mangal is stronger

10.bhava-Mangal is stronger

11. bhava-Chandra is stronger

12.bhava-Chandra is stronger

Therefore, each house will decide which planet among two, Chandra or Mangal dominates the Yoga. IF chandra is stronger, satvic qualities dominate the Yoga, and bad shades of Yogas are lesser. Rudra turns calms down due to the blessing of Devi- Mother

If mangal dominates the Yoga, Rudra is very angry and can create serious problems (apart from other good effects given by this Yoga)

I will give you the general effects of the Yoga

1. Lagna- a lot depends on Signs, in Mesha, Vrishaba and Karka, this Yoga is very Good, otherwise, health may suffer.

2. In 2nd house this Yoga gives wealth and prosperity, however heart problems or accidents.

3. In 3rd house this Yoga gives dynamism and love for change of environment, worried mind and troubles, yet partner may die early.

4. In 4th house yoga is excellent, however a person lacks drive, initiative and is not physically but mentally strong. Brothers and sisters are damaged

5. In the 5th house, this Yoga causes rash and troublesome nature, but power. Mother will suffer

6. In 6th house, this Yoga causes accidents and problems, enemies, troubles to children

7. In 7th house, this Yoga gives wealth, popularity, yet harms marriage, relationships and gives heart troubles, yet a person will destroy enemies

8. In 8th house Yoga is most destructive, it gives inheritance and money yet may cut longevity. IT can also kill spouse

9. In 9th house this Yoga gives power, authority, prosperity yet short life or accidents

10. In 10th house this Yoga gives physical strength, profitable job/carreer, yet mental weakness, troubles to father

11. In 11th house this Yoga gives a lot of friends and social activity, and social concerns and good income, yet a person may lack an ambition if Mangal is in a weak sign.

12. In 12th house, this Yoga gives deformity, expanses, foreign luck, debts, destroys elder siblings and friends
Dear Presanna Ji,
With all respect to your output (specially been a laymen on this topic)  here is another way to see the problem:

Motivational Impulses(and guna’s):

Darma
Aswini (Darma -tasmic)
Pushya (tasmic)
Aslisha(sattawa)
Visakha(sattawa)
Anuradha(tasmic)
Dhanishta(tasmic)
Satabishta(tasmic)

Artha
Barani(rajasic)
Punavasu(sattawa)
Makha(tasmic)
Swati(tasmic)
Jyeshta (sattawa)
Srawana(rajasic)
Abhijith(tasmic)
P. Badra(sattawa)

Kama
Kiritike(tasmic)
Aridra(tasmic)
P. Phalguni(rajasic)
Chitra(tasmic)
Moola(tasmic)
U. Arshada(tasmic)
U. Bhadra(tasmic)

Moksha
Rohini(rajasic)
Mrigarsira(tasmic)
U. Phanguni(rajasic)
Hasta (tasmic)
P. Arshada(tasmic)

Revathi(sattawa)

Darma  -- religious  behaviour
Artha – purposeful motivation
Kama – Passionate involvement
Moksha – liberation

Tasmic – Inertaia  type of behavior resist or negative any idea whether right or wrong resulting in frictions
Raasmic – restlessness ,look busy do nothing
Sattawa – purity in mind and methodical outwardly rude

See how each planet placed in nakshara

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Dear ranger,

Thanks for sharing the information. It is nice to see a newcomer's active participation. Let us learn more like this. I thank Raman for posting this interesting topic and making the forum active again. Let us wait for the  expertise view of  Vivekji, Avamji, and Govardhanji.

Regards,

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi Ranger ji,
Thanks alot for sharing your part in the discusion.
Just a thought regarding this.
What you have given in more of a data or information rather than
conclusion/derivation which I am looking for.Though we cannot reach to
any derivation without information so i appreciate your effort :)
But in astrology there is too much of data available nowdays online
and offline so it is getting very dificult to reach to right conclusion.
One major thing is that like every other subject practical life is very
differnet from the thoeretical one.

Prasanna ji,
Thank you you have actually got to the main point i was trying to make. :)

I wil try to put up my idea on this topic soon.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi Everyone,
I will appreciate if anyone else would like to share their views regarding this yoga.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

Return to “Vedic Astrology”