Danda yoga

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

mysqlerror1194

Danda yoga

Post by mysqlerror1194 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:49 pm

Members,

What are your views about Danda yoga(All major planets occupying houses 10 to 1)? How does placement of planets affect the results of this yoga? How does the placement affect the timing of results of the yoga? Also in practice how much do such nabhasa yoga affect a chart?

I dont see it particularly good or bad ... but makes a person more aware of his/her duties towards society and all life forms. Make a person empathetic of socially perceived less fortunate ones.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:34 am

Danda Yoga

On 3/28/06,
:
Hi All,

My name is Bob,

I would be really grateful if I could find out if I have any
astrological problem and if there is any remedy to this.

My Chart:
Place of Birth: Kuwait
Time: 8:15 am
Date: 14 Sep, 1980

Date: Mar 30, 2006 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: [vedic-astrology] Confusion...
To: vedic-astrology@yahoogroups.com

|| Sri Gurave Namah ||
Dear Bob,

Let me write few words on your chart, Hoping that it may help few Jyotish Students. Your chart has What's called as danda yoga. This occurs when All the four houses from 10th is occupied by a graha. It's a type of Akriti Yoga, In Nabhasa yoga classification.

http://srijagannath.org/jyotishdigest/vol-3-1-3.htm 13. Danda (Stick ) Yoga: When all the planets occupy four houses from the 10 th house (i.e. 10 th , 11 th , 12 th and 1 st ), Danda Yoga is formed. Effects: Such persons will be away from wife, children and their own wealth, may have to adopt cruel methods, live away from their relatives and friends, be miserable, and may even serve mean people. Varaha Mihira says that such persons will be separated from persons affectionate to them and will not hesitate to earn their livelihood by employing low class means. In Sanskrit, Danda is indicative of persons who roam away from place of birth in the search of livelihood. In olden days this was a bad indication and the evils attached to such circumstances are mentioned in this Yoga. In the modern age such a Yoga may prove a boon for persons who try to settle or visit distant lands for their livelihood. In horoscopes in which the 10 th , 11 th , 12 th and 1 st houses are occupied, the native either settles down in a foreign country or may visit foreign countries frequently to earn money.

Danda means punishments, And it refers to the Rod held by Lord Yama. The giver of fruits for our karma and maintainer of Dharma. Hence This yoga indicates that you need to understand Dharma well and follow the rules well. You also try to select a profession which would need you to do that. The Kaaraka (or Signifier) for This yoga is Hence Saturn. Saturn is also called Yama Dharma Raaja.

The Current Dasa you are running is also Saturn and hence the foundations for this yoga, i.e learnings related to understandings rules and regulations will be occuring during this period. Hence the depression etc. a characteristices of Saturn.

Also Another factor you understand in your char is the presense of all planets in the path of Ketu till Rahu. This constitutes Kaala Amrita Yoga, Moreover The Ketu in Arudha lagna can make you spiritual, Rahu in 10th is good for making many pilgrims in dasa/antardasa of Rahu you should try to visit many pilgrimage sites.

The Current Narayana dasa is of Sagittarius, The natural 9th for Dharma and aspected by Saturn. In cunjunction with Vimshottari dasa of Saturn both the environment and mood around you (made by society/moon) is Saturn natured with learning of Dharma.
Hence I would recommend you to Learn Yoga asaanas (The 8 forms of control indicated by Saturn). Also worship Lord Narasimha deva and Sudarshana chakra for further directions in your life. Lord NArasimha is your Ishta devata indicated by Mars and worship of Sudarshana chakra (Chakra aalwaar) is good for Ketu.

Warm Regards
Sanjay P

Posted by Sanjay Prabhakaran at 12:56 AM

http://sanjayprabhakaran.blogspot.com/2 ... -yoga.html

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:56 am

My dear friends,

I hope the previous post of mine about Danda yoga is explaining well about the Yoga .Let me first thank, mysqlerror1194 &nbsp;for bringing this topic for discussion. , I copy pasted the vital points from the link, &nbsp;thinking that Sanjay Prabhakaran's post will make us all understand the yoga in depth. &nbsp;I trust &nbsp;all of u will express your personal views regarding this yoga which &nbsp;can help learn more of &nbsp;this yoga

Thanks and regards,

Return to “Vedic Astrology”