Jhora Ver 7.5 to include Surya Siddhanta analytical model of planetary movement....to later versions

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:24 pm

There was a typo error in the last clause " but unfortunately modern software (as far as I know) provided this type of information)."

which should be :

" but unfortunately modern software (as far as I know) NEVER provided this type of information."

This aspect table of JHora provides the magnitude of aspects numerically, plus friendships / enmities in colours of those numbers, and uchchaadi state of planets are given at left in symbols (Kundalee has a better system of representing the uchchaadi state numerically instead of in symbols, for instance highest mark for uchcha (exaltation), followed by next highest mark for planet in moola-trikona, then svagrihi (in own sign), then in fast-friend's sign, and so on.

But four types of relations (exchange, conjunction, lord's aspect, mutual aspect) cannot be directly shown in aspect table. Kundalee software gives a separate table for these relations, but JHora does not provide it. Another major drawback of JHora is that it gives Suryasiddhantic Bhaavachalita house data correctly in tabular form, but the chart for the same is not in conformity with Suryasiddhantic data. It is because PVR does not like Suryasiddhantic Bhaavachalita. But then, he should not have given the tabular data of SSS houses too. I do not like mixing my personal preferences with ancient texts. I have no right to change BPHS or SSS. But I could not convince PVR. This is the reason why PVR could not test SSS properly. He was too full of his previous theories and ideas to test SSS with a fresh mind. Yet, he has made many remarkable researches even recently. He has tremendous energy to work and undertake real research, very rare among astrologers now-a-days.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:11 am

Thanks Vinay ji,

Actually I was looking for a simple software expressing panchadamaitri.

I 'also' use a simple software (which does not have accurate degrees); but ideal for the 2 below mentioned.
Horoscope explorer has panchadamaitri in a clear way where permanent, tatkalik & compound relations are given 'separately; besides candidates for varseswar.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:02 am

RishiRahul wrote:Thanks Vinay ji,

Actually I was looking for a simple software expressing panchadamaitri.

I 'also' use a simple software (which does not have accurate degrees); but ideal for the 2 below mentioned.
Horoscope explorer has panchadamaitri in a clear way where permanent, tatkalik & compound relations are given 'separately; besides candidates for varseswar.

Rishi
Kundalee Software (mine) also gives a separate page for Panchadhaa Maitree, but I do not use that page for chart reading, because the Aspect Table combining Panchadhaa Maitree as colour codes is far more useful in actual chart reading. Moreover, I never use these things without the Relations Table (in Kundalee Software) which is absent in JHora and other softwares I have tested.

House-ownerships in Kundalee is based on ancient rules of house computations, which is absent in JHora and all other softwares, and sometimes houses owned by planets differ, because ownership of houses depend on ownership of house-middle which is not fixed in unequal house division. For instance, suppose Leo starts just one degree after middle of 4H and Leo ends 1 degree before the middle of 5H. Then, Leo will not be in the middle of any house. Therefore, majority of 4H will fall in Cancer and majority of 5H will fall in Virgo. Sun will not own any house, although it will own Leo. This is called Bhavaheena according to BPHS, but no software excepting Kundalee takes it into account. Bhaavaheena planet is most malefic because its fruit is destroyed. My aspect table combines ASPECTS, FRIENDSHIPS, HOUSE-OWNERSHIPS, UCHCHAADI conditions, etc all in one which makes chart reading very easy and fast.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:27 pm

I am aware of the bhavaheena thing as I follow it myself.

It is included in jhora; depends upon the option one uses.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:36 pm

Where ? In D-1 Chart, whenever I open JHora to find a bhaavaheena planet (which is Bhaavaheena in my software) I NEVER found it in the CHART, only through the TABLE of houses I have to deduce bhaavaheena planets.

I use JHora only using the SSS option according tosettings "as recommended by Vinay Jha". I requested PVR many a times to make bhavachalita in SSS (and BPHS) mode of JHora according to SSS whose algorithm was sent to PVR bt me, but he refused, saying those verses were "interpolated". He did not explain what was the basis of his views, but he did not explain. As a result, I was forced to update my software which I had decided to send to dustbin as JHora was getting SSS mode. But I had to re-invest many months for updating Kundalee Software just because of refusal of PVR to include SSS-BPHS house system into JHora.

Now, I am being told that some other settings in JHora show the bhaavaheena planets. Why, then, these settings were excluded from :

JHora  > Preferences > Related to Calculations > Set Calculations Options as Recommended by Vinay Jha

Why wrong settings were given in my name? I got no answer from PVR.

Rishi Ji, which are the settings which show bhaavaheena planets ? After PVR's refusal, I stopped using JHora except for viewing those things which are absent in Kundalee. But I have to remain on guard for those things. Today, I viewed a chart of one of my students chart with following data :

Latit   26:20:22 N  
Long  83:04:23 E
Date  25:04:1997
Time  00:50

Lunar month was shown as Chaitra in JHora while the student was insisting on Vaishaakha. Then, I consulted the old printed panchaanga and I found Vaishaaka.  Advance Ephemeris by N C  Lahiri (page 92) gives Maagha New Moon in 1997 AD on Jan 20, hence Magha Shukla 2 on Jan 22. Hence, Vaishaakha Shukla 2 must be approximately 88.6 days (= 3 lunar months) after on Apr 21. But due to elliptical orbits, there may be a maximum of 3-4 days difference between mean tithi and true tithi. Hence, lunar month should be Vaishaakha Shukla 2 and not Chaitra Shukla 2. I find such errors in JHora. I report them to PVR privately. Some errors are rectified by him, some are ignored. Bhaavaheena in my settings in JHora is one of the neglected errors. please inform me where are those settings of bhaavaheena which you use. I test test.

VJ

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:43 am

Vinay Jha wrote:Where ? In D-1 Chart, whenever I open JHora to find a bhaavaheena planet (which is Bhaavaheena in my software) I NEVER found it in the CHART, only through the TABLE of houses I have to deduce bhaavaheena planets.

I use JHora only using the SSS option according tosettings "as recommended by Vinay Jha". I requested PVR many a times to make bhavachalita in SSS (and BPHS) mode of JHora according to SSS whose algorithm was sent to PVR bt me, but he refused, saying those verses were "interpolated". He did not explain what was the basis of his views, but he did not explain. As a result, I was forced to update my software which I had decided to send to dustbin as JHora was getting SSS mode. But I had to re-invest many months for updating Kundalee Software just because of refusal of PVR to include SSS-BPHS house system into JHora.

Now, I am being told that some other settings in JHora show the bhaavaheena planets. Why, then, these settings were excluded from :

JHora  > Preferences > Related to Calculations > Set Calculations Options as Recommended by Vinay Jha

Why wrong settings were given in my name? I got no answer from PVR.

Rishi Ji, which are the settings which show bhaavaheena planets ? After PVR's refusal, I stopped using JHora except for viewing those things which are absent in Kundalee. But I have to remain on guard for those things. Today, I viewed a chart of one of my students chart with following data :

Latit   26:20:22 N  
Long  83:04:23 E
Date  25:04:1997
Time  00:50

Lunar month was shown as Chaitra in JHora while the student was insisting on Vaishaakha. Then, I consulted the old printed panchaanga and I found Vaishaaka.  Advance Ephemeris by N C  Lahiri (page 92) gives Maagha New Moon in 1997 AD on Jan 20, hence Magha Shukla 2 on Jan 22. Hence, Vaishaakha Shukla 2 must be approximately 88.6 days (= 3 lunar months) after on Apr 21. But due to elliptical orbits, there may be a maximum of 3-4 days difference between mean tithi and true tithi. Hence, lunar month should be Vaishaakha Shukla 2 and not Chaitra Shukla 2. I find such errors in JHora. I report them to PVR privately. Some errors are rectified by him, some are ignored. Bhaavaheena in my settings in JHora is one of the neglected errors. please inform me where are those settings of bhaavaheena which you use. I test test.

VJ
Yes, Vinayji.

Only through the house divisions in jhora bhavaheena points exist.

Isnt it good that you are updating your software, due to whatever happened.
Otherwise even this would not happened. God has his own ways right.

We can talk of all these in a fresh thread, as this thread is about jhora. Wouldnt that be nice.

After incorporating mb site in your website, like I have done in mine & response from Swetha we can go great guns.

Rishi

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:36 pm

> "Only through the house divisions in jhora bhavaheena points exist. "

I knew this, but my point is that bhaavachalita chart should show house-middles (cusps) which JHora does not show (under settings in my name ; I have not checked other settings). It means "Set Calculation Options As Recommened by Vinay Jha"  contain settings as recommended by someone else too.

D-1 has two possibilities : Rasi-chart, and Bhaavachalita chart. Kundalee shows both. JHora also claims to show both charts, but actually does not.

It is not a bug, because PVR refused to rectify iy, and did not disclose whose formula he was following in showing bhaavachalita in my name.

> "Isnt it good that you are updating your software, due to whatever happened."

It may be good for some persons, but not for me. I was devoting almost all my time to Dhyaana, Samaadhi, etc. Astrology has harmed me.

Swetha did not respond to my message sent yesterday. Perhaps did not see it. Or was not interested.

VJ

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:> "Only through the house divisions in jhora bhavaheena points exist. "

I knew this, but my point is that bhaavachalita chart should show house-middles (cusps) which JHora does not show (under settings in my name ; I have not checked other settings). It means "Set Calculation Options As Recommened by Vinay Jha"  contain settings as recommended by someone else too.
Rishi= This query is not for thread, but jhora. There is no use mentioning this here.

D-1 has two possibilities : Rasi-chart, and Bhaavachalita chart. Kundalee shows both. JHora also claims to show both charts, but actually does not.
It is not a bug, because PVR refused to rectify iy, and did not disclose whose formula he was following in showing bhaavachalita in my name.
Rishi= This forum is for sharing ideas, not attracting issues betwen people.
Jhora@yahoogroups is for issues related to jhora; not here, as I mention again.

> "Isnt it good that you are updating your software, due to whatever happened."

It may be good for some persons, but not for me. I was devoting almost all my time to Dhyaana, Samaadhi, etc. Astrology has harmed me.

Swetha did not respond to my message sent yesterday. Perhaps did not see it. Or was not interested.
Rishi=She will respond. She is very busy now.

VJ

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri May 02, 2014 3:45 am

You may download Jagannatha Hora 7.66 at

http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/jh

Chara dasa of Parasara is updated to support the definition in PVR Narasimha Rao's research paper to be released by "Saptarishis Astrology" on 2014 May 2. This paper will demonstrate a breakthrough in Chara dasa definition by showing compelling correlations in about 40 examples, in a simple and consistent manner using basic factors (houses, house lords and graha drishti), without even considering chara karakas, arudha padas, sign aspects, argalas etc and complicating things!!!

If you downloaded 7.61 or later and did not disable auto update, this should be automatically picked up when you start JHora next time (with internet turned on).

Best regards,

Narasimha
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat May 03, 2014 1:57 am

RishiRahul wrote:You may download Jagannatha Hora 7.66 at

Chara dasa of Parasara is updated to support the definition in PVR Narasimha Rao's research paper to be released by "Saptarishis Astrology" on 2014 May 2. This paper will demonstrate a breakthrough in Chara dasa definition by showing compelling correlations in about 40 examples, in a simple and consistent manner using basic factors (houses, house lords and graha drishti), without even considering chara karakas, arudha padas, sign aspects, argalas etc and complicating things!!!...
This sounds like another groundbreaking work from PVR. Looking forward to reading the article if I can figure out how to access. Any help would be welcome!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sat May 03, 2014 9:14 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:You may download Jagannatha Hora 7.66 at

Chara dasa of Parasara is updated to support the definition in PVR Narasimha Rao's research paper to be released by "Saptarishis Astrology" on 2014 May 2. This paper will demonstrate a breakthrough in Chara dasa definition by showing compelling correlations in about 40 examples, in a simple and consistent manner using basic factors (houses, house lords and graha drishti), without even considering chara karakas, arudha padas, sign aspects, argalas etc and complicating things!!!...
This sounds like another groundbreaking work from PVR. Looking forward to reading the article if I can figure out how to access. Any help would be welcome!

Rohiniranjan
RR ji,

It is available at sapatharishis.com article section
CRS

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat May 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks, CRS ji
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Jagannatha Hora 8.0 update released

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:08 am

Namaste friends,

Happy new year!

You may download Jagannatha Hora 8.0 at

This is the best and most accurate version of Jagannatha Hora ever. The year range of full version is expanded to 12899 BC to 16600 AD (previously 5399 BC to 5400 AD). Target precision of planetary calculations is improved to 0.001 arc-sec.

This also allows you to use some new calculations introduced in some of my researches published in the last couple of years, such as redefined Tithi Pravesha chart and re-defined lunar new year chart.

If you downloaded 7.61 or later and did not disable auto update, this should be automatically picked up when you start JHora next time (with internet turned on).

Best regards,
Narasimha
RishiRahul.com

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Tue May 03, 2016 11:41 am

What is setting for sripathy bhawachalit chart and KP bhawachalit chart in JHora?

Starting of house and middle of house?

Thanks!
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 04, 2016 3:37 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:What is setting for sripathy bhawachalit chart and KP bhawachalit chart in JHora?

Starting of house and middle of house?

Thanks!

Do not understand what you mean?

Maybe open jhora- press 'houses' at the bottom tab -right click at the right hand side to find the options you need.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Vedic Astrology”