Jhora Ver 7.5 to include Surya Siddhanta analytical model of planetary movement....to later versions

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:26 am

RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

vijiyan

Post by vijiyan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Dear Rishi Rahul JI , Baffling changes are done in the latest updated version of Jhora. Relationship between Saturn and Ketu are changed. Previously both were inimical to each other , now ketu is friendly/Neutral to Saturn but Saturn maintains enmity with ketu as always. Moreover Ketu is friendly  to mars,   now it is showing enmity to Mars now, and mars is friendly/neutral towards Ketu. , And Rahu is neutral towards ketu but ketu is friendly towards Rahu.

Can you please explain why these changes in Jhora now ???

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:06 pm

vijiyan wrote:Dear Rishi Rahul JI , Baffling changes are done in the latest updated version of Jhora. Relationship between Saturn and Ketu are changed. Previously both were inimical to each other , now ketu is friendly/Neutral to Saturn but Saturn maintains enmity with ketu as always. Moreover Ketu is friendly  to mars,   now it is showing enmity to Mars now, and mars is friendly/neutral towards Ketu. , And Rahu is neutral towards ketu but ketu is friendly towards Rahu.

Can you please explain why these changes in Jhora now ???
You guys should also make PVR Narasimha Rao about these findings. As the programmer and creator of the software, he should know about this, directly.

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

vijiyan

Post by vijiyan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:59 am

Dear Rohini Ranjan Ji, thanks for your suggestion, it clicked in my mind.  Today morning  i emailed him regarding the errors , hopefully he will respond soon.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:19 pm

vijiyan wrote:Dear Rohini Ranjan Ji, thanks for your suggestion, it clicked in my mind.  Today morning  i emailed him regarding the errors , hopefully he will respond soon.
He used to have a yahoo group too dedicated to technical matters pertaining to his software and information about it.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:43 am

vijiyan wrote:Dear Rohini Ranjan Ji, thanks for your suggestion, it clicked in my mind.  Today morning  i emailed him regarding the errors , hopefully he will respond soon.

Any further updates on this matter?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

vijiyan

Post by vijiyan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:38 pm

No Rohini Ranjan Ji , i did not get response from him. I think its a simple error and must not have interested him.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:22 pm

vijiyan wrote:No Rohini Ranjan Ji , i did not get response from him. I think its a simple error and must not have interested him.
Usually what happens is that even commercial software programmers collect such feedbacks and then incorporate those in the next version. Naturally, it would be too time-consuming to produce a version update with each request. He must be a busy guy with lots of other things to do, etc. and this is just a free program that he puts so much time and effort into and has been doing so for many many years.

Remain hopeful :-)

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

vijiyan

Post by vijiyan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:15 am

Rohini Ranjan Ji, the biggest problem in vedic astrology is that basics itself are not followed equally. Some will say Ketu is enemy of Venus and some will say ketu is friend of Venus. Another one , Rahu is friend of Moon and Ketu is friendly with sun.  Like these, there are different options followed in friendships of the planets. Due to these reasons astrology is not that popular among people. Have there been any confusion as such that Sun rises in north and sets in east????...No such confusions.....Only in Astrology people have such confusions/Contradictions.

I have decided not to install the latest update of JHora and also further updates are not needed for me as i am a simple user of Jhora.  :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:16 pm

vijiyan wrote:Rohini Ranjan Ji, the biggest problem in vedic astrology is that basics itself are not followed equally. Some will say Ketu is enemy of Venus and some will say ketu is friend of Venus. Another one , Rahu is friend of Moon and Ketu is friendly with sun.  Like these, there are different options followed in friendships of the planets. Due to these reasons astrology is not that popular among people. Have there been any confusion as such that Sun rises in north and sets in east????...No such confusions.....Only in Astrology people have such confusions/Contradictions.

I have decided not to install the latest update of JHora and also further updates are not needed for me as i am a simple user of Jhora.  :)

Dear Vijiyan,

What I have felt and continue to believe in is that astrology, as any divinatory discipline or subject cannot be like a physical discipline such as astronomy. It is an occult discipline and therefore has the pratyaksh or direct aspect as well as a paroksha or indirect essence to it. Accepting both and coming to harmony with both is the way to resolve the confusing situation in most instances. For the fundamentals, most people in India (North, west, east and much of South) follow the Parashara route (or root if one wishes to call it so) but in the South there is also the ancient Kerala tradition where the divinatory aspects are utilized to a greater extent (ashtamangala for instance). Jaimini is a branch arising from the main trunk or Parashari system as it is called. Then there is the quasi-magical Nadi approach which belongs to the mystical ramifications of main-stream jyotish.

Over a very long period of time (milennia) Jyotish had been zealously guarded as a sacred, mystical discipline and had remained cloistered, for a variety of reasons. It is only in the past century and more towards the later part that it has become accessible to any and all of us. This has had its good and bad ramifications and some ugly ones too. Jyotish has a strong anecdotal content and still continues to rely heavily on mythological connectivities which are often glibly offered as evidence! Please note that I am not pooh-poohing the importance of mythology which to my mind appears as history presented in a rather interesting and somewhat polished or streamlined manner with embellishments here and there as per the dictates of editorial or even poetical license. Be that what it may, mythology often provides a good memory-aid and it is easier for the mind to hook to the essence than remembering a dry list or table of data or rules.

Anyways, with so many minds touching the core subject or discipline, it is expected to see minor and major tweaks introduced and some of which astrotreasures have survived over time (as written earlier) with tweaking having become visibly prominent or perhaps actually prominent in past few decades due to widening of the portals of communications and research etc. This has had its ups and downs, naturally.

Add to all that the nagging thought and real possibility that what we hold in our hands as original scriptures that we follow in jyotish might have become modified over time. I would not say 'tainted'! Case in point had been BPHS in its many sanskrit versions and add to that the vernacular translations and ones two hands are just not enough to hold ones head into.

It really gets confusing when we pick a single factor or attribute or a narrow focus for instance the matter of friendship as the example you gave, or one of the awasthas and try to match that with the exaltation points or debilitation points of planets, offered as an example by a member of a forum. Add the ayanamsha and other diversities and it can become a rather wild party atmosphere in a hurry.

When we study a subject extensively, intensively, determinedly a curious phenomenon is observed. As we read, there is a voice that reads and speaks too inside our minds. It is a normal learning phenomenon generated by the brain. Learning disorders seem to be seen when the process becomes disturbed due to hardware or software defects or malfunctions! This curious and seemingly unnecessary additional inner auditory track has something to do with the paroksha learning that helps us learners later on.

The nodes indeed are very complex entities and some have just stated that they are unpredictable and focused elsewhere. In terms of their ownership (or not!), friendships and other dignities. It is interesting that there are other upagrahas too, mandi, gulika, pranapada, shikhi etc etc. However, there is a curious difference between these and rahu-ketu. There is no physical evidence of presence in astronomical terms of gulikadi mathematical points, but there is a powerful physical evidence of rahu-ketu: eclipses of moon and sun. Whether that is the source of their being given so much weight in astrology is something to ponder upon. Although shanivada rahu, kujavata ketu has been stated as a key in a specific context, it seems to be wider in its scope than often considered, in my opinion.

To sum up, as long as we are determined to find mechanistic logic in everything astrological, we are following a single trail: the direct facet of this occult subject of astrology. This can lead to revelations as well as confusions when things begin to look illogical. However while pursuing only the direct, we do so at a risk of ignoring its essential (as in essence, soul) of this fascinating but less readily fathomable soul of Jyotish which makes the exquisitely designed and engineered object (the human body, for example) come alive! So, please do not lose your heart, already and so early, but persevere. :-)

One other important fact. In jyotish scriptures, the planets have not been described as astronomical planets but as devas or demi-gods. Initially, I too glossed over that as somewhat superstitious or a flowery description given by the ancients (afterall all scriptures are composed as verses and not prose) but perhaps there is more to it than meets the eye as we read scriptural texts, be those spiritual, religious or technical such as Jyotish. What is a modern man to do? Read, think, experiment, observe and one will be surprised how helpful and enrichening (internal sense) the pursuit can be.

Take care!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:41 am

I had told in his jhora group about technical problems in jhora with Windows 7, so he had kind enough to corrected them now. Many thanks to pvr ji. So installing new version will help in this case...
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 am

I am explaining the classical rule of computing natural friendships in separate thread just now, because Mysticboard rule prevents me from providing a link to my article at my website. It is easy to copy and paste that article here because there are no pictures or tables which take a great deal of time in re-writing entire articles as in other cases.

-VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Could any one please let me know how 'panchadamaitri' is found in jhora?

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:22 pm

JHora > View > Aspect Table with Relationships

There, panchadhaa-maitree is shown in colours whose glossary is given in the same page. This table is a copy of Kundalee's table whose code was used in JHora to make this table. This table is essential for using traditional Vedic Jyotisha methods, but unfortunately modern software (as far as I know) provided this type of information).

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:JHora > View > Aspect Table with Relationships

There, panchadhaa-maitree is shown in colours whose glossary is given in the same page. This table is a copy of Kundalee's table whose code was used in JHora to make this table. This table is essential for using traditional Vedic Jyotisha methods, but unfortunately modern software (as far as I know) provided this type of information).

VJ
Thank you Vinay ji,

This was enlightening!

The aspect table also consists of relationships between planets & houses...!?

Wonder what this is?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Vedic Astrology”