Jhora Ver 7.5 to include Surya Siddhanta analytical model of planetary movement....to later versions

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:37 am

(4) Planetary aspect table with relationships marked as color codes is
added. This table shows the amount of aspect of different planets on
different planets or houses, color coded by relationships. It also shows
whether the aspecting planet is exlated or debilitated or combust or in
moolatrikona or in own house or in a friendly house etc. Please check
the popup menu on charts.
This is interesting tool in JHora beta version. However i think Drik Siddantha is not fail, still i'm confusing with SSS!
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:16 am

Mysticboard does not allow links to astrological case studies put at other (non-commercial) sites. I need time to rework those case studies for putting here.

-VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:07 am

Vinay Jha wrote:Mysticboard does not allow links to astrological case studies put at other (non-commercial) sites. I need time to rework those case studies for putting here.

-VJ

And even after you go through all that trouble, brother, would that be *worth it?*

The golden penny, if TRULY golden and not a copper penny, even if dropped by accident shall NEVER REMAIN UNNOTICED OR FORGOTTEN!

Love, Light, Reality!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:53 am

>" would that be *worth it?*"

I know my works are not worth you. You can keep away, and can also save others from my works.

Have you pondered how PVR switched over recently without showing any case studies &c ???

-VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:>" would that be *worth it?*"

I know my works are not worth you. You can keep away, and can also save others from my works.

Have you pondered how PVR switched over recently without showing any case studies &c ???

-VJ
Vinay_bhai! I generally try not to second guess or ponder about others and why they do certain things or make certain decisions etc. The lifetime is a Gift from God to experience and serve...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Jhora 7.6 launched

Post by RishiRahul » Sun May 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi,

Jhora 7.6 has been launched................>

Namaste friends,

Now Jagannatha Hora 7.6 is available for a download. This includes the
fixed star based custom ayanamsa option and some other improvements! I
am enclosing a list of changes from 7.51 to 7.6 below.

Please spread the word. I hope the new features will be found useful by
the world Jyotish community. This is the most robust and most
feature-rich JHora ever.

You can download it from

http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/jh

http://tinyurl.com/jhorasw (tinyurl dot com slash jhorasw)

Note: Those who have 7.3 or later versions should kindly download only
the UPDATE, which is less than 1 MB in size. Please do not download the
short/full versions and download only the update, to save bandwidth. The
update file, though less than 1 MB, is enough to get all the new
features *completely*....Best regards, Narasimha

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sun May 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Namaste,

Those who installed JHora 7.6 before 7:52 IST today (two hours before right now) should reinstall it  IF  they want to test SSS option : two bugs were removed just now and JHora 7.6 uploaded again just now (settings recommended by Vinay Jha showed Drik instead of SSS, and in D2  KN Hora was shown instead of Parivritti Hora.

One major thing (bhaavachalita chart, whose tabular data is accurate but chart is not shown according to SSS) and one minor thing (traditional D2 is also correct and should be shown alongside Parivritti : the latter shows houses and the former shows deities in D2)  is still wanting in SSS option which may be rectified soon, if God wishes..

-Vinay Jha

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Mon May 28, 2012 10:02 am

Many thanks for news, hope other bugs will remove in next upgrade...

God bless you!
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Tue May 29, 2012 10:06 am

Vinay Jha wrote:Namaste,

Those who installed JHora 7.6 before 7:52 IST today (two hours before right now) should reinstall it  IF  they want to test SSS option : two bugs were removed just now and JHora 7.6 uploaded again just now (settings recommended by Vinay Jha showed Drik instead of SSS, and in D2  KN Hora was shown instead of Parivritti Hora.

One major thing (bhaavachalita chart, whose tabular data is accurate but chart is not shown according to SSS) and one minor thing (traditional D2 is also correct and should be shown alongside Parivritti : the latter shows houses and the former shows deities in D2)  is still wanting in SSS option which may be rectified soon, if God wishes..

-Vinay Jha
Dear VJ

As you told early, is bug on D30 fixed in v7.6?

:smt017

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Tue May 29, 2012 2:08 pm

I have checked JHora 7.6 for D1 and D2 on SSS mode : D2 is now OK but with one problem, while D1-bhaavachalita is not OK, and PVR says he has fixed the bug in D30 but I have not got the time to check it : checking D30 needs more time.

The problem with D2 is that its 12-house chart is now given correctly as Parivitti/bicyclical D2 in Vinay Jha's settings, but the traditional D2 with two deities Sun and Moon should also be given simultaneously which is not SIMULTANEOUS in JHora. PVR thinks two house D2 is an alternative for 12 house D2, but the fact is that all divisionals have same number of deities as the number of divisional : e.g., D2 has two deities, D3 has 3, D60 has 60 deities, but all should have 12 houses also in chart form which is clearly mentioned in Varga-vivechana chapter of BPHS.

These are theoretical problems. He could not get the benefit of SSS because of his use of non-SSS non-BPHS D1, D2 and D30. I did not want to fight with him, hence I left his yahoo group (some members were targeting me for personal attacks).

My work on finishing Kundalee in VB6 is now almost over, and I have started converting the entire Kundalee program to newer language. But I am leaving for Badrinath-Kedarnath-Gangotri-Yamunotri. I will update Kundalee after I return.

-VJ

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Wed May 30, 2012 10:11 am

Vinay Jha wrote:I have checked JHora 7.6 for D1 and D2 on SSS mode : D2 is now OK but with one problem, while D1-bhaavachalita is not OK, and PVR says he has fixed the bug in D30 but I have not got the time to check it : checking D30 needs more time.

The problem with D2 is that its 12-house chart is now given correctly as Parivitti/bicyclical D2 in Vinay Jha's settings, but the traditional D2 with two deities Sun and Moon should also be given simultaneously which is not SIMULTANEOUS in JHora. PVR thinks two house D2 is an alternative for 12 house D2, but the fact is that all divisionals have same number of deities as the number of divisional : e.g., D2 has two deities, D3 has 3, D60 has 60 deities, but all should have 12 houses also in chart form which is clearly mentioned in Varga-vivechana chapter of BPHS.

These are theoretical problems. He could not get the benefit of SSS because of his use of non-SSS non-BPHS D1, D2 and D30. I did not want to fight with him, hence I left his yahoo group (some members were targeting me for personal attacks).

My work on finishing Kundalee in VB6 is now almost over, and I have started converting the entire Kundalee program to newer language. But I am leaving for Badrinath-Kedarnath-Gangotri-Yamunotri. I will update Kundalee after I return.

-VJ
Dear VJ ji

Thanks for your explanation, do we want to use SSS bhavachalit chart as SSS correct chart or normal Rashi or Lagna chart is ok with SSS mode? Esp. is it ok use SSS house system with normal lagna chart (not chalit)?

Thanks!

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Wed May 30, 2012 5:52 pm

If following two precautions are taken, JHora 7.6 can give excellent and accurate Phalita results in SSS mode  :

D1 :

Take the cusps presented in JHora as bhaava middles, number each bhaava according to cusp numbers which may not be in linear progression always, and use the rest of JHora's bhaavachalita chart as it is. PVR has correctly made the SSS-mode D1 bhaavachalita but refuses to number the houses according to rasi of CUSPS. Lord of a bhaava is lord of cusp, hence present bhaava numbering in JHora gives a wrong idea of bhaavesha. It is a minor issue and users can rectify it themselves, provided they are told to do so. JHora does not provide any information to the users about it. It is not fair to impose one's own preferences in the name of another person. In this scheme of bhaavachalita, sometimes a planet may own three or in some rare cases even four houses (even more in northern latitudes), and sometimes  planets like Sun-Moon-Nodes may fail to own any house : on latter case even if exalted the planet behaves as worst malefic in all the charts I have analyzed so far in my life.

D2:
The default D2 chart named after me is now OK (Parivritti / bicyclical 12-house D2), but the popular two-deity Hora system should also be used simultaneously, which users of JHora are not told.

D30:
D30 was erroneous and after I requested, PVR rectified it as he told me, but I am busy in my own software and therefore could not check it in JHora. PVR has never told a lie as far as I know, hence I have no reason to disbelieve him (sometimes misunderstandings occur, but that is different from a deliberate lie). He is a fine person, and very honest one.

These are the only errors in settings named after me. Both these errors are very minor, bit since users are not aware of it, SSS charts may give wrong phalita results in many cases, and the users will start doubting the correctness of SSS mode itself.

MB forum does not allow referring to my websites or pasting pictures, hence I cannot show Kundalee's screenshots here.

-VJ

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Dear Vanay ji,

Since its a non commercial software, and you are non commercial (smile) too, you can post the screenshots

Site moderator
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Thu May 31, 2012 7:05 am

Namaste and Thanks Rishi Ji,

I am leaving for teertha-yaatraa of Badrinath-Gangotri &c on Jun 2, hence I will be away from internet. Before leaving, I want to send some important screenshots with explanations (Kundalee's screenshots together with guidelines for JHora users to obtain similar results from JHora). Earlier, I added pictures to messages in this forum, but now I do not find any provision for adding pictures. Hence, please guide me how to add pictures to messages here. If I am allowed to add pictures, I will post many important things which will of much use to researchers.

-VJ

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 31, 2012 11:09 am

Vinay Jha wrote:Namaste and Thanks Rishi Ji,

I am leaving for teertha-yaatraa of Badrinath-Gangotri &c on Jun 2, hence I will be away from internet. Before leaving, I want to send some important screenshots with explanations (Kundalee's screenshots together with guidelines for JHora users to obtain similar results from JHora). Earlier, I added pictures to messages in this forum, but now I do not find any provision for adding pictures. Hence, please guide me how to add pictures to messages here. If I am allowed to add pictures, I will post many important things which will of much use to researchers.

-VJ
Vinay,

When you reply to a message (using quotes feature) or post a new thread, below the message box you will see another box for sending attached files. In the filename, you can browse your folders and select the screen grab (several formats work I think including jpg, tiff etc.)

Add attachment and submit. There may be size limitations.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”