navratnas recommendation method

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

ramky

navratnas recommendation method

Post by ramky » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:10 am

dear everyone,

i am new to this forum and am learning vedic astrology as a result of getting into hard times.
i wish to learn and also get a reading which i will request in the reading forum.

I request all members, especially seniors in the field to please participate and enlighten in this topic.

I want to know what is the fundamental and most effective method of recommending navratnas for natives?

My view...
Finding out weak benefics and strengthening them.
Also looking at the dasa running and apply the weak benefics generally and dasa wise.
My above view looks very rational to me but it doesnt seem to work as per my experience with gem stones.
I have acquired and wore navratnas one by one and shelled a lot of money but i did not find a good result because of my fluctuating mind. i used them intermittently.
  There are so many other methods by which people suggest navratnas like based on birth star/ janma rasi/ lagna lord, lords of  1 5 9 houses.

I am very much confused with this. I am interested in this topic because if i can learn the most effective method. then i can help myself and others in need without wasting a lot of money by suggesting unsuitable gems.

I request the members to please participate and take this topic forward

thanks

srimathi29

NAVARATHNA

Post by srimathi29 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:30 pm

Dear  friend

Why you are so much interested in detail study of  gems? better have good faith in your own soul make it strong and see how it works?

narayanbhatt

gemstones

Post by narayanbhatt » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:47 am

As far as gemstones are concerned . Gemstones release cosmic energy that strengthen planet which is the lord of that gemstones.

Now questions comes into our mind that which gemstone should we wear and which not to wear.

There is lot of difference of opinions with astrologers regarding which planet gemstone to wear and which not .

According to some of learned astrologers , they say that if we gemstones for negative planet they will reduce there maleficness and will show positive signs by wearing them.

Others are of view that we should wear gemstones of positive or weak benefic planet which are not able to give benefic effect as they are weak in horoscope so to strengthen them we should wear gemstones for them.

Now take en example if one person is jealous of you and cannot see your happiness and time to time he does not waste any time to disintegrate you  or say that person is standing against you , and suppose if you give knife or any harmful object to him without knowing his intentions what he will do ?

So just map this incident astrologically , if you wear gemstone for negative planet you are giving it more powers to bring much more negativity.
So on a concluding note you should wear gemstone for weak benefic planet or for benefic planet in birth chart to give it more powers so that chances of positivity may comes .

Brahma Mihira

Re: gemstones

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:40 am

narayanbhatt wrote: According to some of learned astrologers , they say that if we gemstones for negative planet they will reduce there maleficness and will show positive signs by wearing them.

Others are of view that we should wear gemstones of positive or weak benefic planet which are not able to give benefic effect as they are weak in horoscope so to strengthen them we should wear gemstones for them.
Another common doubt in astrology, :smt017

So how navratna ring helps in this case, because it has all 9 gems?  

:smt017

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:29 am

Brahma Mihira wrote:
narayanbhatt wrote: According to some of learned astrologers , they say that if we gemstones for negative planet they will reduce there maleficness and will show positive signs by wearing them.

I think 'navaratna' is to get the blessings of the 9 grahas (Gods).

The ancients believed (rightly so, I'm sure) that to invoke the blessings of the higher ones we may use it as a catalyst.
Sometimes the belief and colours can aid; but effort is necessary.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:53 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:

I think 'navaratna' is to get the blessings of the 9 grahas (Gods).

The ancients believed (rightly so, I'm sure) that to invoke the blessings of the higher ones we may use it as a catalyst.
Sometimes the belief and colours can aid; but effort is necessary.

RishiRahul

Crystals have a property known as resonance. Crystals (gemstones are included in that generic category) have certain resonances with (for want of a better term) subtle etheric-mystical energies which cannot be tested through physical energy measuring apparatus, although devices have been produced and sold for huge amounts of money which claim to detect those!

Psychics claim to be able to detect, feel and sense these and so do those who are not psychics as such but are attuned to energies particularly healing energies and have practised and utilized those and have done what is sometimes called, "energy-work". Many of these are kept guarded 'under the wraps' for a variety of reasons and ideologies. Some call such guarding secrecy, others call it sacred practice and some renegades have been more vociferous about those. A popular belief is that these individuals are 'called-to' such practices. Whether it is fate related or simple human politics or groupism is anyone's guess. As part of my astrological projects I have studied a large number of individuals and have shared some of the work publicly with some group comparisons too. There are interesting astro-correlates.

For gemstones one would find certain similarities between planets and their 'prescribed' primary gemstones, colour being one of those as too clarity and other properties. Whether this is all just 'magical thinking' or the similia-similibus principle is not what I am interested in discussing or delving into, here.

However, these attributes deal with obvious and somewhat 'passive' descriptors. Gemstones off the rack generally are 'inert' and many individuals buy, wear these and get no effect. Some get bad effects, others desirable effects. A lot of factors are involved and it would be fool-hardy to try to distil all that and the variety of factors in an internet message, which many folks probably tuned-out already a couple of paragraph earlier :-)

Like a credit card that you have just received in the mail, before you have signed it on the back and 'activated' by calling the issuing bank, and until then it remains a piece of inert plastic with hieroglyphics (in english or whatever language) and a holographic digital signature and a magnetic strip not yet activated, the situation is comparable.

How to activate the crystal and which crystal? Now that is a whole another story, indeed!

Love, Light, Learning!

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:20 am

Are gems increasing badaka nature of planets? Such as Meena Lagna person wear emerald (gem for  badaka mercury)?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:49 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:Are gems increasing badaka nature of planets? Such as Meena Lagna person wear emerald (gem for  badaka mercury)?
Badhaka in the sense of lord of badhaka house is not the natural property of planets and just by becoming associated with that house, they do not become malefic.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:Are gems increasing badaka nature of planets? Such as Meena Lagna person wear emerald (gem for  badaka mercury)?
Badhaka in the sense of lord of badhaka house is not the natural property of planets and just by becoming associated with that house, they do not become malefic.

I think this is very true actually!

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:01 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Jyotish, unfortunately has become riddled with lot of urban myths. But that is to  be expected, since much of jyotish was written down by sages in the form of riddles!

Love, Light, Reality (FWIW)

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Jyotish, unfortunately has become riddled with lot of urban myths. But that is to  be expected, since much of jyotish was written down by sages in the form of riddles!

Yes, This is very correct, and we spend most of our time trying to take these in the literal sense.

Following Dr. B.V. Raman, who had a very 'practical' approach to Jyotish, opened my eyes.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:23 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Yes, This is very correct, and we spend most of our time trying to take these in the literal sense.

Following Dr. B.V. Raman, who had a very 'practical' approach to Jyotish, opened my eyes.

Rishi

I cannot speak for everyone else and his brother or sister, Rishi, but my sense is that many jyotishis and J-wannabees have gotten fixated upon this myth that astrology as anyone understands it today has a one-to-one concordance between the planetary factors/combinations/dispositions and events etc that unfold in one's life. They start from that belief backwards and try to use fit-o-logy. Rather than the other way which is more conducive to and natural for astrological purpose (studying trends in future). With Karma, purushartha, bhagya, destiny thrown into the mix, the plot becomes really complicated and confusing, to most.

Well, to each his own self-chosen 'log' on the back...!

Regards,

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:34 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Rishi

I cannot speak for everyone else and his brother or sister, Rishi, but my sense is that many jyotishis and J-wannabees have gotten fixated upon this myth that astrology as anyone understands it today has a one-to-one concordance between the planetary factors/combinations/dispositions and events etc that unfold in one's life. They start from that belief backwards and try to use fit-o-logy. Rather than the other way which is more conducive to and natural for astrological purpose (studying trends in future). With Karma, purushartha, bhagya, destiny thrown into the mix, the plot becomes really complicated and confusing, to most.

Regards,

Problem is there have no anythings can called as Myth in this universe, everything, concepts and knowledge systems have truth. But way of looking at it can be vary with religions or countries.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Rishi

Regards,

Problem is there have no anythings can called as Myth in this universe, everything, concepts and knowledge systems have truth. But way of looking at it can be vary with religions or countries.

Myths are not untruths (false)! They are mixed accounts with truth mixed with fiction and imagination which must not be literally accepted. If we did not need intelligence and discretion, God would not have given those faculties to human being! Unless we begin to live in and with NATURE, just as animals do and certain New Age Communities...! Where anything goes...! <LOL>

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Rishi

Regards,

Am still learning new terms....'Fit o logy'. Its true how we sometimes try to fit things to astrology...sometimes by force :smt002

Rishi

Return to “Vedic Astrology”