The Power of Vishnu Sahasranama

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

gsk1080

The Power of Vishnu Sahasranama

Post by gsk1080 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:12 pm

I know that Sage Parasara has prescribed recitation of the Vishnu Sahasranama many times for the appeasement of planetary constraints.

I would like to know people's experiences by reciting this Strotram.

Please respond if you have experiences with this Strotram and/or know of other peoples responses to devoting their time to recite it.

Thank you,

GSK

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:39 am

Namashkaar gsk ji

I dont recite but listen it when ever i travel, I do not listen for appeasement but i like it very much.

Regards

Swapnil

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:27 am

Hey ,
I remember very well that KN Rao ji is a big  big fan of Vishnu sahastranam.
When asked about remedy he only goes for 3 of the mantras/strotas and this is one of them.

As per him it can solve any of the troubles in life and shud be treated like remedy for almost everything.

He also prefers it to chant them on ur own instead of geting it done by someone else..
Makes sense to me

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.:-)

tulanandi

Re: The Power of Vishnu Sahasranama

Post by tulanandi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:50 am

gsk1080 wrote:I know that Sage Parasara has prescribed recitation of the Vishnu Sahasranama many times for the appeasement of planetary constraints.

I would like to know people's experiences by reciting this Strotram.

Please respond if you have experiences with this Strotram and/or know of other peoples responses to devoting their time to recite it.

Thank you,

GSK
I didn't know before today that KN Rao has given this recommendation...

I have mentally read (as opposed to chanted) the Vishnu Sahasranam quite a few times....but never more than once a day....quite intermittently as well

I feel calmer on those days....and more adept at solving my problems...

And its not just the meditation/puja effect...as there are other books that I read as well....but nothing compares

Over a period of time as I have realised this, now on the days when I am expecting trouble, I try to make time to read the Vishnu Sahasranam

gsk1080

Post by gsk1080 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:31 pm

Here is a Youtube Video that  in Sanskrit and in English Transliteration helps you recite the Vishnu Sahasranama. I hope everyone uses this video as it will help you methodically help chant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8tJCTgkwQQ

GSK

gsk1080

Post by gsk1080 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Here is Sri KN Rao talking about the significance of Vishnu Saharsanama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvUuVzvFlHE

GSK

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Dear gsk and all ,

kindly go thru this link please., to know the significance of Vishnu Sahasranama .

http://www.trsiyengar.com/id70.shtml

Thanks and regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Stars, Stellar & Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam

Find your birth Star, (your Janma Nakshatram) and  get the relative Slokha (Slokam or sloka) and try recite as specified and experience the benefits.

There are thousands of interpretations on any given subject by different person and at different time. Each one merits on its own. Likewise, Sri Vishnu Sahasranaamam too has its own contributions by many learned scholars in different ways. But this one combines the Slokhas (Sloka) to astrology and each part of the Vedic Script is identified with one constellations all four quarter. Reproduced below are the contents, which I received from Dr. (Mrs.) S. Vora, who is a Jain by birth, but holds good and sensible esteem views on our ancient Vedic Scripts.

To provide you with Slokhas and Vedic scripts, there are thousands of web sites one can reach out. But to give the inner meaning and scientific values of the Vedic Mantras, only there a few. I presume she has received this from some of her known source via E-mail.

ON SRI VISHNU SAHASRANAMAM

Asmadsrigurubhyonamaha!
Srimathay Narayanayanamaha !

All our Aacharyans, Sastras, Puranas always highlighted the ever powerful Vishnu sahasranama Stothram, which is the means for solution to all ills not only prevailing in the society as a whole but also in any individual on account of various reasons including some grahadoshams.

Sri Sri Sri Tridandi Srimannarayana Ramanuja Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji during His discourse on the eve of Sri Bhishma Ekaadasi Viratpaarayanam in Hyderabad where lakhs of people gathered on 13th February 2003, once again reiterated the same. His Holiness also declared that the 108 slokhas (sloka) of Sri Vishnusahasranaama Stothram removes all the ills associated with any grahadoshams to any chanter of any Nakshatram(Stars viz.constellations) and provides supreme solace and supreme bliss. There are 27 Nakshatram starting from Aswini and ending with Revati. Each Nakshatram has four Paadam. Thus 108 slokhas correspond to 27 X 4 nakshatra padams. Thus a person born in Aswini 1st Paadam can chant first slokha, Bharani 1st padams can chant 5th slokha and so on for respective Nakshatra Saanthi. A person not sure of one's Nakshatra can chant all the 108 slokhas and get rid of all ills associated with one's Nakshatram and attain sampoorna saanthi.

There is no need for any other means at all to achieve success in any issue. For the convenience of all the Bhagawatas/devotees a list of Nakshatram and corresponding slokhas are given.

Birth Star - Nakshatra ( Nakshatram )
Ashwani (Aswini / Asvini )1 to 4
Bharani (Barani) 5 to 8
Kruttika (Krithikai / Karthikai)9 to 12
Rohini 13 to 16
Mrugasira (Mirugaseersham)17 to 20
Ardra (Thirivathirai) 21 to 24
Punarvasu (Punarpusam) 25 to 28
Pushyam (Pusam / Poosam) 29 to 32
Aslesha (Ayilyam) 33 to 36
Makam 37 to 40
Poorvapalguni (Puram) 41 to 44
Uttaraphalguna (Uthiram) 45 to 48
Hasta (Hastham) 49 to 52
Chitra (Chithirai) 53 to 56
Swati (Swathi) 57 to 60
Visaakhaa (Visakam) 61 to 64
Anuradha (Anusham) 65 to 68
Jyeshtha (Kettai) 69 to 72
Moolaa (Mulam) 73 to 76
Poorvaashaadaa (Puradam) 77 to 80
Uthraashaadaa (Thiradam)  81 to 84
Sravanam (Thiruvonam) 85 to 88
Dhanishtha (Avittam) 89 to 92
Sathabishang (Sathayam) 93 to 96
Poorvabhadra (Poorattathi) 97 to 100
Uttarabhadra (Uthirattathi) 101 to 104
Revati (Revathi) 105 to 108

His Holiness advised the devotees to chant Sri vishnusahasranAma (Sri Vishnu SahasranAmam) Stothram total at least once in a day followed by eleven times a day their respective slokhas and see the results for themselves in just eleven days.
Adiyen's suggestion: If one identifies one's own birth Nakshatram then they can by heart their corresponding Sri VishnuSahasranAma slokhas and keep on chanting whenever free/idling and attain good results in all their endeavors.

Jai Srimannarayana
Dr.Kilambi Ramakrishna Ramanuja
Dasan

For the benefit of the readers to access their respective Nakshatra related slokha, I give below the link to each Slokha of Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam, appearing on this web site's other pages:

Slokhas 01-12

Slokhas 13-24

Slokhas 25-36

Slokhas 37-48

Slokhas 49-60

Slokhas 61-72

Slokhas 73-84

Slokhas 85-96

Slokhas 97-108
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:59 pm

prasanna ji

links dont seem to be working.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:37 am

I would like to know Govardhan Sir's view on this.

RajeevSharma

Post by RajeevSharma » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:24 am

here is a useful link.... sage parashar speaks highly of vishnu saharnama as a remedy for malefic mercury...

http://www.trsiyengar.com/id70.shtml

ps- havent read the back posts so sorry if its been already posted
"This too shall pass..."

Return to “Vedic Astrology”