Cusp system

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

kunjan_shah10

Cusp system

Post by kunjan_shah10 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 am

Hello everyone,

I was checking out my friend's horoscope and stopped upon a question that created confusion in my mind. While checking for cuspal sub lords which house system is more accurate? Vedic Bhava or Placidus?

Because while some of them are same in both but a few are different as well and the house signification also changes with the different systems.. So for better and accurate prediction, which system should be used?

Regards.

Milind

Post by Milind » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:43 am

If you are using KP (Krishnamurthi Paddhati), you should use the Placidus House system with KP Ayanamsha. Here the Bhavarambha (Starting Point of House) is important. Then the Planatory Positions as per the Bhavas in the horoscope.The whole base of KP is based on these 2 things.

While in Vedic Astrology, we use Bhavamadhya System with Lahiri Chitrapaksha Ayanamsha. Here Cuspal Sublord calculation does not come.

I will suggest you to go for Vedic Astrology thoroughly and then learn KP as it is bit complex. New terms and calculation methods along with transits takes time to understand.

*** KP is more precise in giving results as it goes deep in the Sublord Level and Transits-Dasa based interpretation. One can predict things with precision of days, in some cases minutes too.

Hope this helps you.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”