Ardh Kalsarp?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

ThePilgrim

Ardh Kalsarp?

Post by ThePilgrim » Wed May 25, 2011 9:08 pm

How many of vedic astrology gurus here believe in "ardh" kalsarpa, i.e. when just one planet (generally moon) is out of Rahu-Ketu nexus?
Have read a few books that give prominence to ardh kalsarpa yog, but many books completely deny any effect/existence of this yoga.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu May 26, 2011 7:50 am

Hi Pilgrim ji,
Whom do you mean by Astrology gurus ..If you mean Sages who wrote Classics then Kalsarpa(leave apart ArdhKalsarpa yoga) is not part of any
of the classics..Infact if i am not wrong Kalsarpa yoga came into being as part of unwritten rule book after 1930s only
and astrologers started following it more like a rule lately.

I am not denying or accepting its effect on the native i am just telling you that its not part of any of the classics(as per my knwoledge):)

Can you share where you read about Ardhkarsarpa yoga or Partial Kalsarpa Yoga.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.:-)

astro_scholr

forget ardh , der is no full kalsarp yoga

Post by astro_scholr » Fri May 27, 2011 4:14 pm

there is no validity for kalsarp yoga. its not mentioned in ancient texts. also B.V.raman said it is crap.

astrologers are minting money with this stupid stuff

please dont be kalsarp in this forum
Ohm Ganeshaya Namaha

prasanna

Re: forget ardh , der is no full kalsarp yoga

Post by prasanna » Sat May 28, 2011 4:16 am

astro_scholr wrote:there is no validity for kalsarp yoga. its not mentioned in ancient texts. also B.V.raman said it is crap.

Can I ask why this drastic change in your words? I often come across in your posts  guiding native's with Rahu dosh or  KSY to Visit  Kaal  Hasthi temple., near Tirumala.  Can  U fully deny this ,  it is not present in your chart too ?
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

ThePilgrim

Post by ThePilgrim » Sat May 28, 2011 8:17 pm

It is true that none of Ancient Classics talk of kal sarpa yoga, atleast the ones that I have studied - Saravali and Hora Shastra.
But many modern astrology scholdars like Pt PS Shastri ji have mentioned this yoga in many shlokas.

This yoga has come into prominence in relatively modern times, but there are many evidences to support its effect. And yes, evidential proofs are always 2-way swords. They can always be used to prove otherwise also.

My little experience with astrology makes me believe in this yoga. But still it is hard to prove or disprove its existence. So, I would really like to hear more views of learned members of this forum on this matter.

astro_scholr

Re: forget ardh , der is no full kalsarp yoga

Post by astro_scholr » Sun May 29, 2011 2:33 pm

prasanna wrote:
astro_scholr wrote:there is no validity for kalsarp yoga. its not mentioned in ancient texts. also B.V.raman said it is crap.

Can I ask why this drastic change in your words? I often come across in your posts  guiding native's with Rahu dosh or  KSY to Visit  Kaal  Hasthi temple., near Tirumala.  Can  U fully deny this ,  it is not present in your chart too ?
Dear Prasanna,

there is difference b/w Rahu Dosha/ Sarpa yoga/Sarpa dosha to KSY.

Rahu dosha happens when Rahu is with Mars . another yoga is guru chandal yoga. Any planent with Rahu/ketu influence is aflicted. afliction influence visible during Rahu/ketu MD or AD of those plaents. Yoga aflictions can also be seen during sadesathi.

but planets within Rahu/ketu axis causing KSY can not be termed as afflicted or at least there is no proof to say problems caused only due to KSY

As per B V Raman KSY alone can not inflict problems. What i see many astrologers say all the problems are due to KSY only. they frighten people with

Technically i am born with KSY chart. I have not visited any temples. I want  to check how real afflictions are. I believe Problems in my life are due to other planetary combinations and i do not attribute it to KSY.

Many personalities like Javaharlal Nehru, Sachin tendulkar, acotr chiranjeevi has KSY . Are they not successful?
Ohm Ganeshaya Namaha

Return to “Vedic Astrology”