Judgement of Selfishness in Astrology

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Raman Deep Singh

Judgement of Selfishness in Astrology

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi Everyone,
Lately I am not able to give much time and things are still moving in my life but would try to get back to astrology and board soon :)  

Just thought to discuss about this topic.

What are the factors which can play part in selfishness of a native.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Raman,

Although selfishness is seen to be associated with pretty much any sign, planet, nakshatra etc, atmakaraka in balyavastha and weaknesses in saptavimsha varga could be paid a closer attention...

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Rohiniranjan ji,
By saptavimsha  do you mean D-9 or D-27??

You are right that this topic may have several signs but would like to give this a try.
I feel there has to be something linked with selfishness in the chart.

Can you tell me what crosses your mind first listening about this topic.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:23 pm

[quote="Raman Deep Singh"]Rohiniranjan ji,

You are right that this topic may have several signs but would like to give this a try.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh[/quote]

The first thing that crossed my mind was (honestly and not mischieviously!), "Why is Raman thinking of saptavimshamsha as D-9?". The answer that immediately crossed my mind was, "But of course! Padas are part of nakshatras too!" :-)

I am sure you would see the point in a 'flash!' <LOL>

But, in the context of the question and theme, I was indeed thinking of D-27 and not D-9.

To some extent, all worldly folks are selfish to one extent or another. Even a mother who is generally unselfish and giving and not selfish for herself, might feel selfish for her children. In that situation her sense of SELF (vs non-self) has increased and incorporates her children too. Hopefully, I am expressing myself clearly?

Good luck with your explorations.

Regards,

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:47 am

Hi Rohiniranjan ji,
Yes i did get your point &nbsp;:smt003 but nice to know u thought me to be that farsighted :smt002

I thought it to be D-27 only but then thought to recheck online before jumping on to conclusion and replying but ironically it took me to back to you only(Since u r definitely very big part of internet jyotish &nbsp;:) ),on one of the Yahoo pages (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JyotishGr ... sage/29071) But it definitely was my mistake that i took OR in between Navamsa and saptavimsha to be like a equivalent sign thus thought they r synonym, my bad. :)

Rohiniranjan ji , You are right regarding selfishness being almost integral part of human nature but it must b more prominent in some natives as compare to others and those are the ones i am talking about.

Its like almost every country got corruption but why Somalia(top ranking in last 4 years) got bigger name than USA coz almost whole world bank for saving them goes to Country Head's pocket unlike USA where corruption does exist but not at every level.

So we all are Selfish no doubt BUT but there are people who can goto any extend to get their desires fulfilled irrespective of the consequence on others.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Rohiniranjan ji,
By saptavimsha &nbsp;do you mean D-9 or D-27??

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh
The first thing that crossed my mind was (honestly and not mischieviously!), "Why is Raman thinking of saptavimshamsha as D-9?". The answer that immediately crossed my mind was, "But of course! Padas are part of nakshatras too!" :-)

But, in the context of the question and theme, I was indeed thinking of D-27 and not D-9.

To some extent, all worldly folks are selfish to one extent or another. Even a mother who is generally unselfish and giving and not selfish for herself, might feel selfish for her children. In that situation her sense of SELF (vs non-self) has increased and incorporates her children too. Hopefully, I am expressing myself clearly?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Those extreme or excessive cases of selfishness were what I was commenting about (awastha and varga etc)! :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hi Rohiniranjan ji,
Yes i did get your point  :smt003 but nice to know u thought me to be that farsighted :smt002

I thought it to be D-27 only but then thought to recheck online before jumping on to conclusion and replying but ironically it took me to back to you only(Since u r definitely very big part of internet jyotish  :) ),on one of the Yahoo pages (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JyotishGr ... sage/29071) But it definitely was my mistake that i took OR in between Navamsa and saptavimsha to be like a equivalent sign thus thought they r synonym, my bad. :)

Rohiniranjan ji , You are right regarding selfishness being almost integral part of human nature but it must b more prominent in some natives as compare to others and those are the ones i am talking about.

Its like almost every country got corruption but why Somalia(top ranking in last 4 years) got bigger name than USA coz almost whole world bank for saving them goes to Country Head's pocket unlike USA where corruption does exist but not at every level.

So we all are Selfish no doubt BUT but there are people who can goto any extend to get their desires fulfilled irrespective of the consequence on others.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Rohiniranjan ji,

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

Regards,

nadathur.astro

Post by nadathur.astro » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:49 pm

I have seen traditional astrologers look for the angle between Surya and Budha for ego and selfishness. The narrow the distance between them, the more ego and selfishness a native has

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi nadathur.astro ji,
If we consider that then it wud mean that the native with budhhaditya yoga (i.e conjunction of mer and sun) wud be most selfish one but this doesnt go well with definition of Buddhaditya yoga.

Kindly share your views.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh
nadathur.astro wrote:I have seen traditional astrologers look for the angle between Surya and Budha for ego and selfishness. The narrow the distance between them, the more ego and selfishness a native has

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi,

Good question Raman.. or maybe nadathur.astro meant something else which he will explain surely.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:25 am

RishiRahul wrote:Hi,

Good question Raman.. or maybe nadathur.astro meant something else which he will explain surely.

RishiRahul
As I read and interpreted it, dear forum members, Nadathur.astro ji was merely quoting/refering to 'traditional astrologers' and not what he presented and shared, as his hypothesis or postulate! We would have to track down those 'traditional astrologers' (after that 'category' can be defined, obviously!) and ask them for explanations! Fair enough?

Mostly on internet, I have noticed this belief most people have that sun gives egotism! Most of us use EGO for the flaw that is egotism (arrogance, false pride, chip on the shoulders etc.). Sun represent SELF or EGO and ego integrity is essential and separates normal balance people from the insane (who have ego-malfunction as per psychiatrists). Leos are often 'hastily judged' as being vain, flashy, egotistical. This is sad and unfair. Sun being the ruler of Leo, perhaps makes them more 'vulnerable' or sensitive to Sun's resonance (for want of a better term) and if it is weak, surely the Leo would be immature, easily hurt, and try to cover that ssense of insecurity with superiority complex and vanity and so on -- expressions of egotism! And will be selfish too, quite opposite to the generous intrinsic nature of Leo rising!

We should use these labels carefully and with proper understanding and some thought put into these! :-)

If budh-aditya involves weak planets and afflicted ones, surely we will see an individual that represents the 'negative' expression of the rather desirable yoga! Once again, we return to not jumping on one factor, unconditionally!

Love, Light, Astro.reality!

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:03 am

Hi,

Is there any option in jhora to find 'avasthas'?

RishiRahul

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 am

Rishi ji,
In Strengths --> Other Strengths if you right click on the portion displaying vimsopaka bala, vargeeya bala etc. you will find options for some of the avasthas.

nadathur.astro

Post by nadathur.astro » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Thanks. I think Rohinirajan ji has given the answer for me.

When you visit the temples in south india, you will find many professional astrologers near by, &nbsp;who had learned their skills from fathers and forefathers. If you ask them about ego, they come to conclusion what I had stated earlier. How that came about, they are not able to explain nor could I

Regards

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Raman,

Although selfishness is seen to be associated with pretty much any sign, planet, nakshatra etc, atmakaraka in balyavastha and weaknesses in saptavimsha varga could be paid a closer attention...

Hi Dada,

Do we check sayanadi avasthas here &nbsp; or &nbsp; basic avasthas.

Rishi

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:30 pm

mysbcrs wrote:Rishi ji,
In Strengths --> Other Strengths if you right click on the portion displaying vimsopaka bala, vargeeya bala etc. you will find options for some of the avasthas.

Dear mysbcrs,

Thank you

RishiRahul

Return to “Vedic Astrology”