Shayan-sukh or Shayan-suta...?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

biltu

Post by biltu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:13 pm

^^^^ no no nooo, I don't bring any icon war here. I just asked what RishiRahul wants to meaning through those icon, because I don't understand the actual meaning of it :smt009  but RishiRahul still keep silence and put me in the puzzling situation  :smt087

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 am

biltu wrote:^^^^ no no nooo, I don't bring any icon war here. I just asked what RishiRahul wants to meaning through those icon, because I don't understand the actual meaning of it :smt009  but RishiRahul still keep silence and put me in the puzzling situation  :smt087

You younger lads never take me seriously :-(
Now look what you have done!
Internet is going to die in 2015, as Jo1951 just predicted!

BRATS!! :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:00 am

biltu wrote:^^^^ no no nooo, I don't bring any icon war here. I just asked what RishiRahul wants to meaning through those icon, because I don't understand the actual meaning of it :smt009  but RishiRahul still keep silence and put me in the puzzling situation  :smt087

Tchh!  The way I understood, Bittu, is that the two are complementary!
:smt002 is Yang
:) is yin

West has always been YANG, east has always been yin
When the two come together there is
:smt020 which is TAO!

Look at the world and the global situation:
YANG is moving towards yin
and they are even exchanging places.
GOOD TIMES AHEAD -- a GLOBAL union and marriage is in the offing!

World is already too full of GRIEF, friend! There is no more ROOM for DOOM and GLOOM! The CUP of GRIEF and GUILT runneth over...!

JAI MA!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
biltu wrote:
RishiRahul wrote: Should have been for you:=
:) + :smt002 = :smt020; should not be :smt017
RishiRahul jii, still I don't understand  :smt009

what do you mean by adding two emotion icon   :) + :smt002 and then have the result :smt020

I thought :) = Indian Astrology
and :smt002 = Western Astrology
When we both add then get the result :smt020

If you meant something else please tell me   :smt045
Hey guys, if you start that icon-war again, I will personally invite entities from 99th dimension to lecture you two!! Remember Mars is closest to earth these days! No funny business, please!!
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Tchh!  The way I understood, Bittu, is that the two are complementary!
:smt002 is Yang
:) is yin

West has always been YANG, east has always been yin
When the two come together there is
:smt020 which is TAO!

Look at the world and the global situation:
YANG is moving towards yin
and they are even exchanging places.
GOOD TIMES AHEAD -- a GLOBAL union and marriage is in the offing!

World is already too full of GRIEF, friend! There is no more ROOM for DOOM and GLOOM! The CUP of GRIEF and GUILT runneth over...!

JAI MA!

Hi,

I think Dada has explained to biltu the meaning of the 'icon war' quite satisfactorily.:)

For astro-cholr also=Now coming back to the 12th house of dreams= lets take Ketu in the 12th:
The need for spirituality happens, and disturbs the native throughout life, even through dreams.  Mystic dreams, wierd dreams, lack of sleep can happen too.

So there is loss of mental quietude due to Ketu; loss of energy due to that mental poverty (penury) due to that.
It becomes due to the above a karmik lesson. Dreams can be said to reveal hidden desires too.

Others may respond please.

RishiRahul

biltu

Post by biltu » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:01 pm

^^^^ does it imply in Navamsh of having Ketu in 12th house.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:33 am

biltu wrote:^^^^ does it imply in Navamsh of having Ketu in 12th house.
If this state happens in rasi + navamsa, it would be confirmation.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:45 am

RishiRahul wrote:

RishiRahul
Taking this 'vargottama' thing too seriously and literally, are we, dear brother...? ;-)

Love. Light, Levity...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:06 am

RishiRahul wrote:

RishiRahul
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

RishiRahul
Taking this 'vargottama' thing too seriously and literally, are we, dear brother...? ;-)

Love. Light, Levity...?

Dear Dada,

I try not to take anything as black and white in the long run; but this should answer biltu's question satisfactorily..?

His query was about ketu in 12th. house.

Now he'll get more confused :smt017

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:27 am

RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

RishiRahul
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

RishiRahul

Love. Light, Levity...?

Dear Dada,

I try not to take anything as black and white in the long run; but this should answer biltu's question satisfactorily..?

His query was about ketu in 12th. house.

Now he'll get more confused :smt017

Rishi

Rishi,

Biltu is hardly a child but "29"! (first cycle of Saturn!)
If an older person treats him or her as a child and says, "this should answer their question satisfactorily..." aren't we doing the 'Black & White' number on them?

Please be wary of the first saturn return questions! From those emerge many 'knowings and hints and learnings...!' ;-)

6-8-12 in keeping with transit-dasa-kundali (body-mind-soul_snapshot), hold some beautiful answers!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

biltu

Post by biltu » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:34 pm

RishiRahul wrote: Now he'll get more confused :smt017
I was already confused before in "icon war" and tried to find out what was the hidden secret thing laid upon those combination of icon formula. I asked to RishiRahul but he kept silence and don't want to reveal that secret formula, but Rohiniranjan shows up and tell the combination of meaning of that formula.       RishiRahul  :smt019

I thought that formula would be

:) = Girl ( because of smiling face with attracted eyes )

:smt002 = Boy ( because winking at that girl )

upper two of that combination have the result

:smt020 = harmony

not to be :smt017
Rohiniranjan wrote: Biltu is hardly a child but "29"
Excuse me Rohiniranjan
I am biologically a MAN not a child  :smt018

Want to know about 'vargottama'

I know a planet placed in same house in both chart Rachi chart and Navamsh chart called vargottama

but what if --------

a planet exulted in Rachi chart and then that planet palce in Navamsh in his own house but not in his exulted house, then is it called vargottama . I am here talking about Mercury, this planet has two house and one of the house is exulted.

hope you will give me the ans-ware

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:33 pm

biltu wrote:
RishiRahul wrote: Now he'll get more confused :smt017
I was already confused before in "icon war" and tried to find out what was the hidden secret thing laid upon those combination of icon formula. I asked to RishiRahul but he kept silence and don't want to reveal that secret formula, but Rohiniranjan shows up and tell the combination of meaning of that formula.       RishiRahul  :smt019

Excuse me Rohiniranjan
I am biologically a MAN not a child  :smt018

I know a planet placed in same house in both chart Rachi chart and Navamsh chart called vargottama

but what if --------

a planet exulted in Rachi chart and then that planet palce in Navamsh in his own house but not in his exulted house, then is it called vargottama . I am here talking about Mercury, this planet has two house and one of the house is exulted.

Biltu that is what I was saying that you are a man and not a child! Wht else do you think, "Biltu is hardly a child but "29"" means?" :smt010

And no not vargottama!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

biltu

Post by biltu » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: Biltu that is what I was saying that you are a man and not a child! Wht else do you think, "Biltu is hardly a child but "29"" means?" :smt010
ohhh, I don't understood :smt017, It seems to me opposite meaning of it  :smt009, maybe I was harry or something like this  :smt045

have another question -----

to consider a planet being vargottama does drekkana chart need to be check with Rashi chart or only need to check Navamsh chart. I mean if a planet situated in same house in Rashi chart as well as in Drekkana chart then is it say that planet is vargottama.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:23 am

biltu wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: Biltu that is what I was saying that you are a man and not a child! Wht else do you think, "Biltu is hardly a child but "29"" means?" :smt010
ohhh, I don't understood :smt017, It seems to me opposite meaning of it  :smt009, maybe I was harry or something like this  :smt045

have another question -----

to consider a planet being vargottama does drekkana chart need to be check with Rashi chart or only need to check Navamsh chart. I mean if a planet situated in same house in Rashi chart as well as in Drekkana chart then is it say that planet is vargottama.
Biltu_ji,

I have not read of vargottama as being described classically for anything but navamsha. However, as Rattan Lal ji has pointed out, the vargottama navamsha always fall in the Sattvik Drekkana! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

astro_scholr

Re: Shayan-sukh or Shayan-suta...?

Post by astro_scholr » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
astro_scholr wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:There is a belief amongst jyotishis that the 12th house represents Shayan-sukh. Often translated as bed-pleasures which then gets understood as sexual pleasure. Some folks with more 'tamer' imaginations insist that that is far-fetched and really the 12th house represents the quality of sleep or the type of bed and other physical surroundings (meaning, your bedroom is not next to a busy street, or near a firestation or train station or railway-track etc (ambient noise gets in the way of peaceful sleep!).

I often wondered if it was not Shayan-sukh but Shayan-suta (progeny of sleep)! Dreams are recognized as 'products' of the subconscious mind which is represented by the 8th house - the randhra (with other meanings etc too, but hidden is the general acceptance of VIII).

The fifth from eighth is the 12th. Hence, my reason for suggesting that the 12th is where we perhaps study the nature of dreams because it is where the screen is on which the image of the 8th (subconscious) is projected! Just as the child is the projection of the parent! The thought is now up and out for the grabbing and playing with it...

Love and Light!
Wonderful Thoughts :-)

Couple of cases. What do they mean wrto 12th house.?

1. Exalted Jupiter in cancer as 12th house for Leo Moon Sign for female native. Here jupiter is 5th and 8th lord. Also for female native he is considered to be kalatrakarak.
2. Sun in Leo as 12th lord for Virgo Moon. What will happen if he is in Moola trikona
3.Ketu in 12th considered to be last birth in word for the native. Why?
4. Venus in 12th house taurus for Gemini Moon sign for male. Here venus considered to be kalatrakarak
5. Mars in Aries 12th house for Taurus native. MArs in kendradipathi dosha here.
6. Rahu in 12th house considered to be taking native to foreign shores . Why?
Astro_Scholarji,

If we go on your tangent, we would be moving far away from the theme presented here. The questions that you are posing are naturally, something that requires analysis of the specific charts with consideration of dasas, transits and other details. Wouldn't it? How will that help with the theme of Shayan_sukha or Shayan_suta...?

I am not trying to be evasive, but trying not to get evaded from the central theme of this thread!

Regards,
My intention of asking with these cases for Shayan-Sukh is  due to
1. many astrologers check for kalatrakarak for Shayan-Sukh. Venus for males and Jupiter for Females.

Is this valid? some astrologers see only venus irrespective of male or female.

How jupiter and venus affect shayan-sukh.

one more observation is most of time If jupiter is powerful in chart then venus is weak in charts and vice versa.

Also giving Rahu/Ketu example is if they are present in 12-8 axis they change the shayan-sukh on unpredictable direction

what happens if 12th lord is exalted or debiliated?
Ohm Ganeshaya Namaha

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:45 pm

biltu wrote:
RishiRahul wrote: Now he'll get more confused
I was already confused before in "icon war" and tried to find out what was the hidden secret thing laid upon those combination of icon formula. I asked to RishiRahul but he kept silence and don't want to reveal that secret formula, but Rohiniranjan shows up and tell the combination of meaning of that formula.       RishiRahul  

Excuse me Rohiniranjan
I am biologically a MAN not a child  

but what if --------

Hi biltu,

With the show of icons, I did not mean anything to reveal your past relationship, but only the relationship between Western & Eastern astrology, while explaining shayan suta.

Its not anywhere more complicated than this.

RishiRahul
P.S: too many emoticons/icons very often are not healthy, and therefore I have deleted a few from the above quote...smile..

Return to “Vedic Astrology”