Returns...

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Returns...

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:24 am

When I was with Compuserve NAF, in early 90s, western astrology was the dominant theme and Jyotish was a distant curiosity for those who had barely began to hear that term, though with the convenient labels such as Indian Astrology, Vedic Astrology, Hindu Astrology, perhaps to soften the impact on tongues unfamiliar with sanskrit words and sounds :-)

I have always been very fascinated by divination (all kinds) and stay open as long as possible. Most people seemed to be very enamoured and even fixated by retrogressions, particularly mercury retrogressions and bent over backwards to dump all computer and communication troubles on poor Hermes in reverse gear!

The other fascination was with RETURNS. The most fear-mongering one, similar to our dear mangal dosh, sadesati and kalsarp yoga, was the saturn return, particularly the first one, which hits like clockwork individuals around 30 years of age. Back then, and perhaps today as well, many folks were over the hump with their marriages and love-relationships, or first job etc and it was a time for upheaval, a second look, a time of turmoils and doubts and similar troubling things and themes. Many were beginning to question their path in life and spirituality and so on. Each dancing to a different drummer.

What has the individual experiences been amongst forum members? The saturn return is not that important consideration amongst jyotishis but another return of saturn is! The sade-sathi cycle that is also nearly 30 years apart but from a different orientation. Most consider that when saturn arrives in the 12th sign from the natal moon and lasts till saturn moves out of the 2nd sign from the natal moon. Some feel that is imprecise since moon could be in the first degree or the 29th degree of a sign, so Katve (Maharashtra) introduced the concept of calling the zone of sadesathi when saturn is +/- 45 degrees from natal moon (spashta). I always thought that is an approximation as well, though closer than the convention adopted by other jyotishis.

I thought (and wrote so) that perhaps navamsha is the key. The navamsha cycle is 40degrees and is known in western astrology as the nonile or novile aspect. Planets 40 degree apart in a natal chart are in conjunction in navamsha!

When saturn enters the navamsha occupied by the moon (while being in 12th sign from natal moon), is considered as when sadesati begins; then saturn contacts the navamsha moon two more times, and when it leaves the navamsha occupied by natal moon after the third contact, the sadesati loosens its grip on the moon.

I would request you all to take a few moments and in your charts (don't yet look into other charts, please humour me the old guy in the club house ;-)) just see what that period brought into your lives? Keeping an eye cocked at the prevailing dasa and perhaps the prevailing transits of jupiter and the lunar nodes.

Please avoid drifting into other directions like squirrels and squirrel monkeys ;-) We all have that mercurian fault perfected to a sharp edge!!

Love, Light, Concentration!

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Returns...

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:When I was with Compuserve NAF, in early 90s, western astrology was the dominant theme and Jyotish was a distant curiosity for those who had barely began to hear that term, though with the convenient labels such as Indian Astrology, Vedic Astrology, Hindu Astrology, perhaps to soften the impact on tongues unfamiliar with sanskrit words and sounds :-)

I have always been very fascinated by divination (all kinds) and stay open as long as possible. Most people seemed to be very enamoured and even fixated by retrogressions, particularly mercury retrogressions and bent over backwards to dump all computer and communication troubles on poor Hermes in reverse gear!

The other fascination was with RETURNS. The most fear-mongering one, similar to our dear mangal dosh, sadesati and kalsarp yoga, was the saturn return, particularly the first one, which hits like clockwork individuals around 30 years of age. Back then, and perhaps today as well, many folks were over the hump with their marriages and love-relationships, or first job etc and it was a time for upheaval, a second look, a time of turmoils and doubts and similar troubling things and themes. Many were beginning to question their path in life and spirituality and so on. Each dancing to a different drummer.

What has the individual experiences been amongst forum members? The saturn return is not that important consideration amongst jyotishis but another return of saturn is! The sade-sathi cycle that is also nearly 30 years apart but from a different orientation. Most consider that when saturn arrives in the 12th sign from the natal moon and lasts till saturn moves out of the 2nd sign from the natal moon. Some feel that is imprecise since moon could be in the first degree or the 29th degree of a sign, so Katve (Maharashtra) introduced the concept of calling the zone of sadesathi when saturn is +/- 45 degrees from natal moon (spashta). I always thought that is an approximation as well, though closer than the convention adopted by other jyotishis.

I thought (and wrote so) that perhaps navamsha is the key. The navamsha cycle is 40degrees and is known in western astrology as the nonile or novile aspect. Planets 40 degree apart in a natal chart are in conjunction in navamsha!

When saturn enters the navamsha occupied by the moon (while being in 12th sign from natal moon), is considered as when sadesati begins; then saturn contacts the navamsha moon two more times, and when it leaves the navamsha occupied by natal moon after the third contact, the sadesati loosens its grip on the moon.

I would request you all to take a few moments and in your charts (don't yet look into other charts, please humour me the old guy in the club house ;-)) just see what that period brought into your lives? Keeping an eye cocked at the prevailing dasa and perhaps the prevailing transits of jupiter and the lunar nodes.

Please avoid drifting into other directions like squirrels and squirrel monkeys ;-) We all have that mercurian fault perfected to a sharp edge!!

Hi Dada,

I certainly am not a squirrel or monkey, but certainly a Mercurian with both the mentioned qualities :smt002 =

Why are the returns fear mongering ones? I guess the unknown is feared. :)

Returns can be used to much advantage, lunar or whichever, specially the slower ones.

Regarding the start of sade sati, I have seen the effect resume from the onset of sade sati +- 3 months..

Do we take the moon in navamsa as its D9 postion or rasi position?

Rishi
:)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:59 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:When I was with Compuserve NAF, in early 90s, western astrology was the dominant theme and Jyotish was a distant curiosity for those who had barely began to hear that term, though with the convenient labels such as Indian Astrology, Vedic Astrology, Hindu Astrology, perhaps to soften the impact on tongues unfamiliar with sanskrit words and sounds :-)

Hi Dada,

I certainly am not a squirrel or monkey, but certainly a Mercurian with both the mentioned qualities :smt002 =
Rohiniranjan: Rishi, I did not imply that you were! We all are guilty, as charged. I must be a mercurian too, in that case ;-)

Rohiniranjan: Not sure but I am sure jyotishis must have been behind this. As were they behind KSY, MD, Kantak shani, nadi dosh, gandanta and the rest of nine yards, painting with a black brush everywhere they saw it, without waiting to look back and pitying the bodies they felled in the dust behind them! In an unqualified manner!

Returns can be used to much advantage, lunar or whichever, specially the slower ones.
Rohiniranjan: Absolutely, including the ominous ones which are also meant to be dealt with and with preparation ahead of time! But people begin looking for a boat in the market but when the floods have already arrived at their doorstep!

Regarding the start of sade sati, I have seen the effect resume from the onset of sade sati +- 3 months..
Rohiniranjan: What was the longitude of their moon? :-)

Rohiniranjan: Odd question! ;-) Navamsha, obviously! Within the three rashis involved! <LOL>
Rishi
:)

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:11 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Hi Dada,

Rohiniranjan: Rishi, I did not imply that you were! We all are guilty, as charged. I must be a mercurian too, in that case ;-)
Rishi=I mentioned this in jest.

Rohiniranjan: Not sure but I am sure jyotishis must have been behind this. As were they behind KSY, MD, Kantak shani, nadi dosh, gandanta and the rest of nine yards, painting with a black brush everywhere they saw it, without waiting to look back and pitying the bodies they felled in the dust behind them! In an unqualified manner!
Rishi=Fear is power; and maybe some pundits feared it themselves; maybe lack of adequate perception sometimes.
Again Jyotish is very big power for the weak, as most are born with 2 eyes, while Jyotish has 3 (the 3rd. eye, I think, lies two inches above the horizontal between the eyes :smt002 ).

Rohiniranjan: Absolutely, including the ominous ones which are also meant to be dealt with and with preparation ahead of time! But people begin looking for a boat in the market but when the floods have already arrived at their doorstep!
Rishi=Absolutely; jus perfectly said!

Rishi=for any position of moon. I am talking of many charts, not one.

Rohiniranjan: Odd question! ;-) Navamsha, obviously! Within the three rashis involved! <LOL>
Rishi=I could not explain this properly.
Suppose a native has moon in vrishchika in rasi, but in mithuna navamsa.
sade sati would arrive when sani enters tula in rasi.
Should the navamsa pointer be when sani enters tula navamsa or vrisha navamsa?

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:58 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Hi Dada,

Rohiniranjan: Likewise, I am sure

Rishi=Fear is power; and maybe some pundits feared it themselves; maybe lack of adequate perception sometimes.
Again Jyotish is very big power for the weak, as most are born with 2 eyes, while Jyotish has 3 (the 3rd. eye, I think, lies two inches above the horizontal between the eyes :smt002 ).
Rohiniranjan: Purrhaps, but there are more effective and efficient means to activate that and the sixth sense, if those are the means one is interested in, instead of or in addition to *astro-logic*

Rohiniranjan: If already perfect, then no further elaborations will be imposed upon you :-)

Rohiniranjan: Hmmm... Please feel free to pick one of those charts as illustration, share full data and details of why you say so, and let us study together, for my benefit. Just make sure that the moon is in the last few degrees but not too close to the cusp of the sign (so pick one with moon in 20-25 degrees but also not closer than a few degrees from the ending cusp of a nakshatra. This can be done privately if that is more comfortable or convenient.

Rohiniranjan: If this is a real chart and there is willingness to share, let us use this as illustration as per above request. You will have to be patient and cooperative when I put it through the data-quality exercise though :-) &nbsp;By the way, Rishi, are you pulling my leg? How can there be mithuna navamsha in vrischik rashi
Rishi

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Dear RR Ji,

Namaste..

My Nodes just returned couple of months back and just crossed Natal Degrees !!

RR Ji = I thought (and wrote so) that perhaps navamsha is the key. The navamsha cycle is 40degrees and is known in western astrology as the nonile or novile aspect. Planets 40 degree apart in a natal chart are in conjunction in navamsha!//

CD = is it not a Ayanmsha sensitive?? if we use different Ayanamshas due to difference in calculations, planets MAY not show in Conjuction in D9 charts.. !!!

Please comment/explain...... :)

Regards

ChanDubai

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:16 pm

ChanDubai wrote:Dear RR Ji,

Namaste..

My Nodes just returned couple of months back and just crossed Natal Degrees !!

RR Ji = I thought (and wrote so) that perhaps navamsha is the key. The navamsha cycle is 40degrees and is known in western astrology as the nonile or novile aspect. Planets 40 degree apart in a natal chart are in conjunction in navamsha!//

CD = is it not a Ayanmsha sensitive?? if we use different Ayanamshas due to difference in calculations, planets MAY not show in Conjuction in D9 charts.. !!!

Please comment/explain...... :)

Regards

ChanDubai
Place two planets at 40 degrees apart (hypothetically), then apply all the ayanamshas you can think of and derive the navamsha positions for each ayanamsha for those two planets and you will see...

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Hi Dada,

Rohiniranjan: Likewise, I am sure

Rohiniranjan: Purrhaps, but there are more effective and efficient means to activate that and the sixth sense, if those are the means one is interested in, instead of or in addition to *astro-logic*
Rishi=But again when astrologic hardens... and with experience THAT starts working.
Of course, there are other ways, exercises to invoke it, and maybe oneday I could try invoke it. But the latter would only come better after the astrologic and experience is hardened.

Rohiniranjan: If already perfect, then no further elaborations will be imposed upon you :-)

Rohiniranjan: Hmmm... Please feel free to pick one of those charts as illustration, share full data and details of why you say so, and let us study together, for my benefit. Just make sure that the moon is in the last few degrees but not too close to the cusp of the sign (so pick one with moon in 20-25 degrees but also not closer than a few degrees from the ending cusp of a nakshatra. This can be done privately if that is more comfortable or convenient.
Rishi=I would love to do this!! &nbsp; &nbsp; Okay, finding a chart with 20-25 degrees moon can be got (unfortunately I cannot ethically share any clients chart), the details of 2 known charts which I will post following the present post.
I do have details of charts having moon degree 20 to 25, but not details as to the start time of sade sati... which will need time to gather, as I do not record details when I studied them.

Rohiniranjan: If this is a real chart and there is willingness to share, let us use this as illustration as per above request. You will have to be patient and cooperative when I put it through the data-quality exercise though :-)  By the way, Rishi, are you pulling my leg? How can there be mithuna navamsha in vrischik rashi
Rishi=No Dada, I wasnt, but just mentioned for black and white understanding (not a real chart).
The 2 charts as mentioned above follows in the next posts so quoting would become easier.
Rishi

Rishi

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Dear Dada (and others),

In respect of the study of the time of start of sade sati; cases with moon 20 to 25 degrees was not posted due to not knowing of the date of start.

case1) born 29 Aug 1980 @ 5.41 a.m. in calcutta, India. ==sade sati started in July/Aug 1995 when the native had to come to calcutta, and a difficult environment resumed (actual date will be posted soon)

case 2) born 2 March 1961@ 6.03 a.m. in coimbatore, India == sade sati started when the native went abroad to face harsh environment. Date of moving abroad- 12 Aug 2004.
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; another step calling for harsher environment= 20-25 Dec 2004

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:18 am

RishiRahul wrote:Dear Dada (and others),

In respect of the study of the time of start of sade sati; cases with moon 20 to 25 degrees was not posted due to not knowing of the date of start.

case1) born 29 Aug 1980 @ 5.41 a.m. in calcutta, India. ==sade sati started in July/Aug 1995 when the native had to come to calcutta, and a difficult environment resumed (actual date will be posted soon)

case 2) born 2 March 1961@ 6.03 a.m. in coimbatore, India == sade sati started when the native went abroad to face harsh environment. Date of moving abroad- 12 Aug 2004.
                                                                                                                                                                              another step calling for harsher environment= 20-25 Dec 2004

RishiRahul
Thanks! Let us take these up in the next few days and exchange notes , although would help if you could share the source of the birthdata information (originally documented, parents' recall, and not derived from an old system horoscope (ishtha) or rectified by a jyotishi etc...?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:16 am

RishiRahul wrote:Rishi=I would love to do this!! &nbsp; &nbsp; Okay, finding a chart with 20-25 degrees moon can be got (unfortunately I cannot ethically share any clients chart), the details of 2 known charts which I will post following the present post.

I do have details of charts having moon degree 20 to 25, but not details as to the start time of sade sati... which will need time to gather, as I do not record details when I studied them.
Rishi

Rohiniranjan: OH DEAR---NO! That would be a serious infraction of trust! Even when a question was asked in seriousness! In my personal practice for many years now, I have requested nativities to answer several questions, one of being to see if they would consent to allowing their data for research or study. No names or email address etc they share have ever been revealed under that agreement. For even those that said, "yes" I remain reluctant to post even their data because there do exist evil-minded persons, some posing as Divine-divinators, who misuse such information. Just as our forum member Certain recently shared about how someone accosted privately. But let us not digress...! :-(

Love, Light, Reality...

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:15 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul
Thanks! Let us take these up in the next few days and exchange notes , although would help if you could share the source of the birthdata information (originally documented, parents' recall, and not derived from an old system horoscope (ishtha) or rectified by a jyotishi etc...?

Dada,

They are originally documented; the second was originally documented at 6 a.m. but rectified by me to 6.03 approx upto D 24.

But I am satisfied with the accuracy level.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:52 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Dada,

They are originally documented; the second was originally documented at 6 a.m. but rectified by me to 6.03 approx upto D 24.

But I am satisfied with the accuracy level.

Rishi
rectification is very ayanamsha dependent. What do you use?

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:42 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Rishi=I would love to do this!!     Okay, finding a chart with 20-25 degrees moon can be got (unfortunately I cannot ethically share any clients chart), the details of 2 known charts which I will post following the present post.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan: OH DEAR---NO! That would be a serious infraction of trust! Even when a question was asked in seriousness! In my personal practice for many years now, I have requested nativities to answer several questions, one of being to see if they would consent to allowing their data for research or study. No names or email address etc they share have ever been revealed under that agreement. For even those that said, "yes" I remain reluctant to post even their data because there do exist evil-minded persons, some posing as Divine-divinators, who misuse such information. Just as our forum member Certain recently shared about how someone accosted privately. But let us not digress...! :-(

Love, Light, Reality...

Dada,

I have taken permission from them about all this; but if there is any question which should not be answered, I will tell you directly.

Let us be honest and direct... if we would like to learn ...and share with the board.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:55 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Rishi=I would love to do this!!     Okay, finding a chart with 20-25 degrees moon can be got (unfortunately I cannot ethically share any clients chart), the details of 2 known charts which I will post following the present post.

Rishi

Love, Light, Reality...

Dada,

I have taken permission from them about all this; but if there is any question which should not be answered, I will tell you directly.

Let us be honest and direct... if we would like to learn ...and share with the board.

Rishi
I was talking about the charts with advanced moon! &nbsp;:smt004

Return to “Vedic Astrology”